A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Swapboard coming soon... - JustMe

Posted: Nov 26, 2014

I just got word that they're going to be using the swapboard soon. Undecided Has anyone ever used that and can you tell me anything about it?  I'm just curious if it's going to be a good thing or a bad thing.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Good/Bad - fadingstar

[ In Reply To ..]
I've used it in the past. It can be good if you're looking to pick up extra hours. If you need an afternoon off and put your hours up there and no one takes them, you're out of luck and still have to work them.

No, that's not true. We have PTO & if we follow - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
those rules and put in to take off for an appointment or whatever, it's not up to us to find a replacement. If that were the case, we'd never be able to take off.

Yes, true - fadingstar

[ In Reply To ..]
I was simply saying that if you put your hours up there with the hope that someone takes them, and you don't asking for PTO or ask to flex your schedule, you will be disappointed. I thought that was implied, sorry.
Her is how it works for my HDSM, it is not too bad this way - Turkleton
[ In Reply To ..]
If we need to change our hours for an appointment we email the HDSM with the request for the day, hours missed and the reason. If she approves it, then we go to the swapboard to pick the hours we want to use to makeup the time. I like this option, because it does not always mean making up time on the weekend or late evening.

Similar Messages:

NJA Again - Swapboard Has Hardly Anything
Jun 02, 2010

to claim - maybe 1 or 2 shifts with 1 or 2 hours - what the ____ is MQ thinking?  I'm taking my time without pay because I'm NOT using my precious (I hardly get any) PTO that I intend to use for a vacation this summer and you can't make it up because there's nothing on the swapboard!!!  Aaah, feel better now that I've vented. ...

Swapboard - What A Joke
Apr 13, 2010

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way about the swapboard; that it is crap for a FT employee.  It seems to serve the PT employees well though, because they can readily pick up more hours. I wanted to swap a shift for Saturday hours.  There was a shift the exact amount of time I needed on the Sunday prior, so I thought it would be perfect.  I was wrong.  CCM said that we are responsible for our shift, and that we are not approved OT, (meaning that I cannot take tha ...

Swapboard - Come On People And Use It
May 17, 2010

I have been trying to use the swapboard to flex my schedule around and seems like nobody is using it but a couple of people.  I am a Tier III.  I am just writing this to see if more people can use this and would like to know why no one is using it to move their schedules around instead of missing or using PTO or making up time which makes you feel like you are working every day of your life.  Please your thoughts? ...

Swapboard - Are Any Regions Using It??????
May 28, 2010

I am in the north region and no one is using the Swapboard except me, which does not do me any good!!  What is going on???  Any other regions actively using it??? ...

Teamwork Swapboard
Apr 20, 2012

I need to make up some hours this weekend.  My CCM is on PTO so I can't ask her.  So the fill in CCM said to pick up hours on the swapboard.  But when I go there, there is no shifts to pick up... anywhere, not just the day I want to work.  So I looked through my emails because last week my CCM sent out instructions to use the swapboard and it is the old swapboard instructions where the links are on the left column of the screen.  The swapboard is in the top heading ...

Posting Swapboard
Apr 27, 2012

I am new to MModal. I need to post 5 hours on one of my Sundays to work to see if anyone will cover those. My CCM said I needed to post on swapboard. I can get to swapboard but I don't see anything on there to click for posting. I have went through my paperwork and can't find anything other than what swapboard is for, not posting on it. Thanks in advance for your help! ...

Does Anybody Even Understand The Swapboard
Apr 06, 2015

It just confuses me.  ...

Any Successful Swapboard Studies?
Apr 27, 2010

I have avoided it so far, but due to taking on a second job, I may need to take an hour here or there.  Has it worked for anyone when you are just looking for an hour or 2 at a time? ...

SwapBoard - How Does This Whole Thing Work?
May 10, 2010

I have a few questions about the SwapBoard.  I missed our conference call.  So your supervisor doesn't approve your time off anymore?  From what I understand, if you need a day off, you post your shift on the SwapBoard and hope that someone picks it up?  How does this whole thing work?  TIA. ...

Whatever Happened To This Swapboard Thing?
Dec 07, 2010

Whatever happened to this swapboard thing?  Everytime I go in to check it there are no dates/times there to swap.  Is anybody else using this?  I wanted to try to swap some hours for next Sunday to go to X-mas church service.  Sent 2 emails to supervisor and a phone call and have gotten no response in 2 weeks - that's ridiculous. So, is it up and running or not? ...

Swapboard - How To Give Away Shift?
Jan 28, 2011

I know how to claim a shift using the swapboard, but how do I give away a shift? I can't figure it out by looking at the swapboard and the "help" doesn't tell me how either. Can someone walk me through it please?  Thank you in advance. ...

Anyone Know About New Changes Coming To MQ?
Dec 27, 2009

Posted on Christmas Eve!  CBAY of India has 6,500 MT's with another 800 soon and MQ has how many MT's, 3,000-4,000?  http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/62574/ CBaySystems Expands India Operations with New Mumbai Centre     NewswireToday - /newswire/ - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 12/24/2009 - New Centre at Mindspace2, Airoli - Plans to add 800 people by end 2010 at this new Centre.       CBaySystems, th ...

Keep Them Coming
May 12, 2011

I have posted on here many times about putting in requests to have doctors removed from ASR and have been told it doesn't do any good.  Apparently some people are listening.  I was told that they are flooded with requests now and it is taking a little longer to get to my requests reviewed.  I have also noticed that some of the doctors I used to do in ASR are no longer in ASR.  Thanks to all who are sending requests and keep them going.  Some don't get removed, ...

QA/QC Changes Coming??
Dec 14, 2014

Sure hope so.  QA  are being set up to be the "Payroll Gods".  Setting us against each other.  I know there is one particular QA that I cringe when I see her name.  She is probably a nice person and just trying to do her job, but talk about nit-picky.  She has a Master's degree in that area. ...

Look Out For More New MT's Coming On Board.
Jan 29, 2010

Obama announced a new tax break for every new employee hired will get a 5,000 tax break and up to 500,000 total for each company who hires new employees.  My congressman is going to hear from tomrrow when I call his office.  You all know how MQ loves to hire new employees and I sure hope they do not plan on getting rid of us old ones and if they do?  I see ANOTHER lawsuit coming called age discrimination.  ...

What's The World Coming To
Feb 19, 2010

On my every-other-month audit by my QTL I lost points for expanding Clostridium difficule, but SHE wanted me to put (I kid you not) C Diff. Now I have been reading stories by newswriters about E-coli, but I'm still putting E. coli. Please don't tell me those idiot biddies at AHDI have changed the "rules" on us again.  I also make money typing papers for professional journals, and I really HATE dumbing myself down for MQ. and...I'm still getting broken jobs with terms like ...

How To Get Downtime Pay You Have Coming To You
Oct 07, 2010

Okay people, if you were in the middle of your shift, or you could not sign on for your shift, make sure you filed a Q-care ticket and notified your CCM.  Mine has been sending E-mails throughout the day stating that she KNOWS that DQS is still down even though it shows a green light.  By Medquists own Policy description for downtime for ME/MTs, this definitely qualifies.  Go to MQ Central Home page---Human Resources---policies.  At the bottom of the page there is a link call ...

Christmas Is Coming!!!!!
Nov 16, 2010

So what do you think we'll get as a Christmas present this year?  A new mouse pad, an envelope opener, perhaps a pencil with the Medquist logo on it, an eraser maybe?  Oh, the possibilities are endless!!  I'm sooooo excited, I just can't wait!  After all, we know how much Medquist appreciates us by the way they treat us!   Oh wait, I forgot, there have never been even cost of living raises let alone merit raises.  Oh wait, I forgot ...

Does Anyone Know When The TransTech W2 Will Be Coming Out? Nm
Jan 13, 2011

MT Week Coming Up
May 01, 2011

Gee, we at WMX just got our present early.  A surprise cut in pay and bonus plan.  I really hope they don't have any other little "gifts" in store for us. ...

Where's The 99% Thing Coming From?
Jun 03, 2011

just wonderin, cuz this board is the only place i've heard of it.  is it in email or MQ central or what? ...

100 New MT's Coming To M*M. Anyone Concerned
May 21, 2012

Is it just me, or would I be concerned 100+ folks are coming to M*M this week? Does anyone get concerned about this, such as going from FT to PT due to the pressure of tons of typists? ...

Coming Across A Mistake
Aug 03, 2012

I was looking over already transcribed reports by others to check on a medication and came across a mistake that really makes us look foolish and is something, IMHO, that any transcriptionist would know and this doctor speaks good English.  Would you notify QA so they can correct the report or notify the hospital to correct the report?  Thanks for your opinion.  ...

Work Coming
Aug 08, 2012

a big chunk of work is coming back to the US.  India couldn't figure Texas doctor's accent I guess! ...

Coming Back To MT
May 15, 2013

ok, I have been offered a secretarial job but it is with a new company so I am iffy on whether the comany will make it. My question to everyone here if it doesn't make it I would probably go back to MT.  How long do you guys think I could be away  and still be able to find a job?  Edited to add that I currenlty have 6 years experience at MT. ...

Late In Coming, But,
Mar 03, 2014

apparently I was only employed by Nuance thru last December.  Starting in January I was employed by Transcend.  This is as per the state unemployment benefits office.  They were really interested that my check stubs said Transcend/DBA as Nuance out of Mass., and the W2s only had Transcend out of Melbourne, Florida.  Asked me questions about it, but told them I had never noticed when Transcend was added to the check stubs, which I didn't.  Don't know anything ab ...

No Search Box Coming Up
Apr 10, 2014

Does anyone else have trouble when clicking Search where no search box comes up?  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't for a very long time.  Just wondering if it is my computer or what.  Anyone else have that trouble? ...

Were There Some Changes Coming To FIESA?
Apr 25, 2014

Just waiting and hoping... any news anyone? ...

Coming To Nuance
May 31, 2014

I currently work for MModal.  Considering Nuance. Opinions and/or advice would be appreciated. ...

How Do You Keep The QA Note Box From Coming Up
Aug 11, 2014

Switched over to the new region, cant figure out how to get it to go away.  Thanks! ...