A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

"Selective" email answering by supervisor - oldie but goodie

Posted: Sep 09, 2014

Anyone else have the problem of "selective" email answering by their supervisor or whatever they are called now? I've sent several emails (different subjects) & wow got an answer within an hour on one thing (respositiory) but others I don't get any response.  Hmmmmm.......

Maybe she has more important things to do - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Like checking to see that you clocked in on time, or did not clock out too early. Like approving or disapproving PTO requests. Like checking everyone's line count. Like checking how many reports have been done/need to be done. Like sending out very unnecessary emails.

We have numerous QA personnel. We have quality/production coaches. Perhaps you could address your concerns to them.

Can anyone tell me.....exactly what does a TSM do?

maybe she has more important things to do - oldie but goodie

[ In Reply To ..]
Surely she could answer my questions on whether I'm still on PM (since March???); why am I NOT getting ANY "feedback" so I can see where I am making mistakes????? (all my questions have to do with work, especially wanting to know how I'm doing since I'm not hearing anything. PS: Also send copies to the assistant (as we were told to do)....still nothing......just left hanging......

OK, kidding above - next message

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, these are all very important questions. I would suggest that you send another email, asking the same questions, only this time add, "As it appears that you are extremely busy, since I have not received a reply in regard to my work and employment, could you please forward these questions to someone who can answer them, or let me know who that would be."

I would definitely send that. Make a copy of it, and copies of previous emails send re the same. Put in the subject line, "Second Request, or Third Request."

There is a chain of command. Tell her you wish to use it, and go to the next person up on the ladder. We were admonished recently about going over TSM's head. She listed the chain of command, but said we needed to start with our TSM. It appears you have done that.

Again, why are TSMs so busy that they cannot do what I see as their job? Maybe because I do not know or understand what their job is besides stated previously, and keeping all kinds of nonsense statistical reports.
Sad Situation - Shirley
[ In Reply To ..]
Why should the supervisors care one way or the other about responding -- they know it will be their turn next to get the boot. It doesn't seem to matter whether they do a good job, whether they are liked by the MTs or their own superiors, they are going down, its just a matter of time. Remember too, that MM only wants perfect people that are Tier 3/MME's that get 100% on every audit -- everyone else is just useless baggage to them.
Do not forget edit 600 lph too - just saying
[ In Reply To ..]
As well as work third shift and weekends, need no handholding, send no emails and be grateful to get paid 4 cpl or less.
It really gripes me when TSMs complain about how busy they are - Hello????
[ In Reply To ..]
"I have to be in meetings, I have so many MTs to cover, I have this, that...." Hello.....that's your job! I would appreciate it if you would quit sending out so many useless emails and address actual work concerns because BTW, we MTs are quite busy too, working, since that is also our job, so please try to be helpful instead of constantly distracting.
You Know What Gripes Me -- All the Typos - I feel like deducting points-NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Seriously. Our new one sends out food recipes, - pictures of her niece, daily affirmations
[ In Reply To ..]
etc. What is wrong with these people. The best part, an email about it being mandatory to check your email and 10 min later all this junk from her that has nothing to do with the job. Come on Mmodal, what gives?
OMG. That is going too far. - food recipes...really?
[ In Reply To ..]
I have gotten daily motivational emails. I delete them and do not read them. Maybe they come with good intentions, but this is my workplace, not a therapist's office. But recipes...come on, that is going too far. It is distracting and intrusive.
Sports Scores - Seriously
[ In Reply To ..]
Mine sends out sports scores from wherever she is from. What a silly waste of time. I suppose she is trying to bond, but it isn't working....
It is very hard to manage from a computer - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Mine is great, only hear from her when it is important and she answers my emails, what more can you ask for..But different people require different techniques to make them respond..Give me work, have the program work, and leave me alone, makes for the perfect unsupervised day..Cannot stand micro managers

Similar Messages:

Need Help Before Answering An Email. Sm
Nov 10, 2009

Sorry so long - but I have to vent and try to get some help with this issue. I have been working for a company for nearly a year now - started as an MT, moved up to editor, and recently started with a new account we brought on as a QA Lead. The account is voice recognition to begin with and with all fresh doctors, it really is horrific at this point - so we are definitely struggling until the voice engine does better.  The company has started to hire MTs to act as first round editors - mo ...

Super Annoyed With Email From Supervisor
Sep 01, 2012

Is anyone else even just a little angered with the email from the CCM about the weekly statistics? The part that really steams my broccoli is "This is no different than if you were to get a quarterly review or yearly review with your pros and cons listed and where improvements need to be made." Well.... when the CCM and QA lead get quarterly reviews, dont they get RAISES? That is how the rest of the world works! RAISES. My teen son works at Taco Bell and he just got his 6 month review on hi ...

Selective Picking
Mar 27, 2015

They wonder WHY so many have quit ???? I know they know what is going on, it is everywhere, many emails complaining about it, this board, other boards.  One thing is certain, sooner or later, the ones that are "in charge" and those that selectively chose which jobs to complete and get away with it because of favoritism, will have to do them all because more are close to quitting.  So tired of the dishonesty here.  I have had it!  I would rather pick food with the chickens th ...

New And No One Answering My Questions
Sep 03, 2014

I'm new and no one is answering my questions.  I am getting frustrated that no one is answering my emails.  Is this common? ...

Answering My Phone
Feb 18, 2015

Do any of you answer your phone if your HDSM or PC calls you during work hours?  I got a phone call earlier from them, but I don't feel compelled to call them back, as they didn't leave a voicemail.  I am not about to sacrifice my line count for a probably pointless phone conversation. ...

Companies Who Avoid Answering Questions
Aug 13, 2012

Do you ever find it annoying when you are getting enough work each day in the pool and all of a sudden some of the doctors or accounts "disappear", and when you ask your boss about it, they do not respond to your question?  It is not that I am inconsistent with my coverage on the accounts or doing poor-quality work, I am off of QA and do not get any negative feedback, or any feedback for that matter, from the client. ...

Dear CCM,,if You Dont Answer My Emails, Im Not Answering Yours
Mar 06, 2012

Just because what I ask may not be relevant to your bottom line of keeping things in TAT doesnt mean it isnt important..If I take my time to write to you, have the common courtesy to respond...Dont worry I wont write anymore,,and I damn sure wont answer what is written to me...Ill do my job to the best of my ability as always and answer to myself and myself alone ...

12 Days Until Christmas & Still Not Approved Or Denied, Or Answering Emails.
Dec 13, 2012

x ...

What Do You Do When You Can't Get A Supervisor
Mar 31, 2010

to respond to e-mails or phone calls?  I have never had a supervisor before that just wouldn't respond and I don't know what to do.  Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Changes-Changes--A New Supervisor, What Next?
Sep 13, 2010

Changes-Changes--A new supervisor, waht next? ...

Per Supervisor
Nov 03, 2014

Keep checking and keep track of down time.  Get the system back up so we can work.  PLEASE ...

What Would You Do About A Supervisor
Jan 11, 2015

who totally ignores your high priority emals for weeks and doesn't deem you important enough even to send you a a quick answer? What kind of a place or mentality would do that? Makes me feel like I'm just a little pissant. ...

Supervisor Suddenly MIA?
Aug 23, 2010

Try Google.  Amazing what you find. ...

DTS/Transend Supervisor/TL Both Not Available
Jun 01, 2011

I haven't worked for DTS long, but knew Transcend was taking over and so far that looks good.  I have had problems getting straight answers from DTS supervisor since hired, like when the supervisor, TL, and QA people were on duty.  The nice recuiter told me she would get me a list without my asking, but forwarded the request to my boss who said she didn't know why I needed this information.  Really?  Isn't this the first information eve ...

Badgering Supervisor
Jul 26, 2011

Does anyone have any ideas of what to do about a supervisor who always says, "It is a privilege to work at home".  She threatened me that I might have to come in-house to work because I complained about my keyboard no longer being compatible with the new computers.  I have to work weekends in-house on a rotating schedule.  I also said it is difficult to get readjusted when you go in house because the work station is different.  I should have never complained because now she s ...

Supervisor Leaving
Jan 16, 2013

Thank God the anal, basket case, nutjob supervisor I have is leaving.  No more phone calls every time I go to the bathroom.  Hope I don't get something worse than her. ...

Who Can I Contact Above My Supervisor?
Jan 18, 2013

Who can I contact above my supervisor? I cannot get any kind of response from her about anything. Overnight, my work load dropped by more than half. Literally, overnight. ...

E-mail From Supervisor
Feb 19, 2013

Anybody else get the e-mail message regarding NJA and changing schedule?  What are your thoughts? wondering if seniority will be taken into account?  don't know why they want us all on second and third as they keep running out of work as well. wish they would let us in on what is going on and let us be part of the solution instead of acting like we are the problem. Sitting here becoming more and more stressed.  Family is sick and tired of me being depressed/stressed over w ...

It Really Makes Me Mad When My Supervisor
May 09, 2014

calls for overtime because she is afraid jobs will go out of tat over the weekend and when I get on to work, I have no work on my usual 10 accounts and get work from accounts I have never heard of before!   What a way to help my line count and quality ...

Any Synernet MTs Know Who The New Supervisor
Jul 31, 2014

I missed the conference call, which by the way was limited to the first what...25. Don't know if it was mentioned in that call or not since the ones who were left out are never updated on what was said in the meeting. Do we e-mail the helpdesk now for supervisory questions? ...

They Just Fired The Best Supervisor KF
Sep 03, 2014

KF -- best supervisor -- worked harder than anyone I have ever worked with.  Actually gave a damn about her job, the hospitals, the company, the MTs, and worked what seemed like 24/7 to prove it.  I wish I could afford to quit in solidarity.  What a truly awful place this is to work for. ...

Coding Supervisor
Sep 22, 2014

Over on the job seekers' board, there is a posting for a coding supervisor.  If you are interested in coding, it is worth taking a look.  The requirements are typical and it only requires 2 years of experience.   ...

Supervisor Upset
Jan 18, 2015

...because so many people are not making 99.5% accuracy in their audits.  Perhaps it is time to consider that whoever promised the client 99.5% accuracy has something quite strong in their medicine cabinet.  For years, the standard has been 98% and that is for a reason.  That number is possible with humans.  Machines sure can't deliver 99.5%; just ask anyone who has to correct the harebrained interpretations of SR, which never learns, by the way.  Do the doctors hav ...

Do People Really Not Know Who Their Supervisor Is??
Jun 02, 2015

How does that happen? ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Supervisor At Hospital Told Me
Jan 23, 2010

before editing and she spends her day editing the editors. That sounds cost effective! ...

An MT Supervisor Told Me (Regarding MTs Who Aren't Doing Well)
Mar 12, 2010

An MT supervisor told me that when they aren't happy with an MT's work because they aren't following instructions or are getting sloppy, they just take them off the schedule. Sometimes they do it gradually and other times leave them with little or no work. They keep the work for the MTs who are doing the best job with the least fuss. Interesting. ...

I Contacted A Supervisor Other Than Mine And Got
Aug 31, 2010

region when I had had my fill of NJA on the last region I was assigned to.  Where I am now is certainly not perfect, has some NJA, some nasty dictation, but I do have something to type the majority of the time.  If you could come up with the name of one of these supervisors with the critical backlog, fire off a request to be moved.  Worked for me (about 10 months ago).  ...

Salary For Supervisor Position
Sep 21, 2010

Does anyone have any idea what MQ pays the supervisors and how you go about applying for the position? ...