A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I contacted a supervisor other than mine and got - transferred to a different

Posted: Aug 31, 2010

region when I had had my fill of NJA on the last region I was assigned to.  Where I am now is certainly not perfect, has some NJA, some nasty dictation, but I do have something to type the majority of the time. 

If you could come up with the name of one of these supervisors with the critical backlog, fire off a request to be moved.  Worked for me (about 10 months ago). 

Transferred to another CCM - ede

[ In Reply To ..]
I didnt contact anyone about transferring to another region but I had more than one week straight of NJA, so my CCM transferred me to another region and account that has lots of work. Hated leaving my CCM as she was great but I have to pay my bills.

Similar Messages:

Mindlance? Anyone Been Contacted By Them?
Mar 03, 2011

I got a voicemail from Vamshi Reddy.  He had an accent, but I decided to call out of curiousity, since I am always looking for better opportunities.  Well, his accent was even worse (when not scripted) obviously and he sounded a million miles away, though I reached him at a 201 area code.  Could not understand him, nor he I.  I asked him what I would be typing, Radiology, acute care, etc, he couldn't understand me.  At one point it sounded like he was offering a cou ...

What Happens If You Have Contacted The Mods Several
Apr 30, 2012

times about a company not paying and they are ignoring the emails?  Who do I contact now? ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Diskriter Or Been Contacted?
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone have any info on Diskriter or been contacted?  I rec'd a call but we missed each other.  Anything, good or bad.  I am employed right now, but always on the lookout for something else or perhaps something in addition to what I have.  Also if you did apply and tested, how was that.  Please feel free to e-mail me, if your experience cannot be posted on this board!   Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Contacted A Labor Attorney?
Feb 14, 2014

I am wondering if anyone else has contacted a labor attorney regarding the legality of being forced to either sit at your computer for hours on end, use PTO time or risk being fired for their inability to provide work for us? I have an appointment to speak with one, but I was just wondering if anyone else had looked into this and the outcome? This just is really starting to feel like a sweatshop. ...

Anybody Contacted About Landmark Pysch Jobs Yet? Nm
Oct 11, 2010

f ...

Been Contacted By Synernet And A Phone Call Has Been Scheduled
Dec 06, 2012

Greetings MT sisters, After taking several tests I have been contacted by Synernet and a phone call has been scheduled.  The job in question is full time, which is really more than I'd planned on doing. Still ...  If any of you know anything, good or bad, about this company, I'd be very grateful for you to share it. Particularly interested in availability of work; general quality of VR , if involved; and pay, of course.   Thanks a bunch Myrie in Portland OR   ...

Which Verbatim Is It? Your's, Mine Or Their's?
Oct 30, 2010

Just worked on an ESL report (with unfortunately for me very, very, very little English).  This is a VERBATIM account.  Sent it to QA and it was "transformed" into English with little regard for that pesky word VERBATIM.  Does verbatim mean different things to different people? ...

W-2 - Got Mine In The Mail
Jan 22, 2013

Just got mine in the mail. ...

Anybody Else's TW Timesheet Look Like Mine?
Jan 29, 2013

It's longer than the constitution for Pete's sake! I end up with so many entries because I get a job, one that usually takes 2 minutes to type, send it off, then NJA, wait a minute, here comes another job, type it, takes 2 minutes, and on and on.  Craziness! ...

I Do Everyone Else's Records And Mine, Too
Feb 26, 2014

Just got a call from my dr's medical records wanting to know the name of the dr she wants my records sent to (she and I looked it up on the computer during my visit and I saw her write the dr's name down) and my dr's address, which I'm sure was on her request, her name and address.  One of the last times I saw her, they put someone else's vital signs on my records (height, weight, BP and BMI).  Sheesh. ...

Canaries In The Mine
Nov 07, 2014

This discussion actually began on October 3, 2014. To search for it, use the little blue search function and type in You missed something and the date 2014-10-04. I think it bears repeating again for all who might insist that people griping" here about Nuance are just conspiracy theorists. I prefer to think of them as canaries in the mine, warning folks away from Nuance. It is NOT just Nuance, as someone pointed out, but they are the most insidious it seems, about monitoring this board and disco ...

How Are You Paid For PTO? Just Found Out About Mine
Dec 11, 2009

I always thought that companies paid for PTO based on an average of your last 3-6 months production. I just found out that my company pays by the hour!  This means my PTO for a week will be half of what a I normally make?   Have you ever heard of this?  Is this the norm?  ...

Is Anybody Elses Email Down (yet Again) Besides Mine? NM
May 21, 2012

xxx ...

TSM Covering While Mine Is Out Is Awesome!
Jul 16, 2014

I'm so jealous of the team who gets to have this particular TSM.  Wow!  She's prompt in returning emails, investigates a problem thoroughly, and is overall very pleasant on the phone.  It's a breath of fresh air!  So if you're in the North and SM runs your show, I want to be on your team! ...

Trans-Tech W2s. Have Not Gotten Mine Yet. Who Should I Call?
Feb 03, 2011

tx ...

Better Keep Eye On Your Timecards. Mine Keeps Reverting To Blanks.
Oct 20, 2012

to fix it and put my schedule in there again.  Not sure how that could affect PTO, if you are working supposedly with no schedule.  But anyway, just a heads up.  Especially if when you go to turn time clock on, if there is no blue indicator on the today's activity plan field.  It that is empty and you are scheduled to be working, make sure the timecard is showing your scheduled hours. ...

Check Your Pay, Payroll Screwed Up On Mine
Mar 08, 2013

Was wondering why my check so little, even though I did have 8 hours of work availability.  Apparently they only paid me for two 15 minute shifts instead of my benefit rate times four hours each shift. If you are in a state that pays you for half of your shift for work availability,make sure to carefully check your pay for this pay period.  ...

A Friend Of Mine Wants To Try This, Can She Make $30.00 An Hour Doing Transcription
Nov 02, 2009

A lady I have talked with wants to train in this kind of work and is planning on going to Andrews. Would she be making at least $30.00 an hour when she gets a job? Thanks. ...

I HAVE To Buy A Computer TODAY! Mine Just Died. Can I Get Opinions
Jul 03, 2010

and suggestions.....my budget is around 700.00.   Does anyone use a laptop? Will that withstand an 8 hour day of typing? I have an Emachine now and it is horrible.  If I go with a desktop I would only need the tower. I think I would like a laptop but know nothing about them. I have a shift today so I have to do this ASAP!! Thanks for any suggestions.   ...

Just Had A Funny Error (mine) That I Wanted To Share Sm
Aug 03, 2010

I was typing my usual docs, hands flying across the keyboard when I typed "bilateral toe and knee replacements". I stopped and thought to myself...hmmm, they do toe replacements? wow!  Then my brain kicked in and realized I should have typed....you guessed it, "bilateral total knee replacements"  ARRGGHHHH, got a good laugh at my own expense out of that one! ...

A Friend Of Mine Asked About MTing Recently ....
Dec 20, 2010

I told her to give it not a second thought, it was a waste of money and time for the schooling required, and, even as an IC, she'd be LUCKY to make $.09 a line and have zero benefits.  I told her she'd be MUCH better off working for McDonald's. Who is going to enter this profession of low pay and no benefits in the future?  Who will stay when, even the transcriptionists who are fortunate enough to be doing straight transcription now, are gone after the switch to VR and ...

A Letter From A Doctor Friend Of Mine To His Congressman
Apr 18, 2013

The following is from a Facebook post from a physician friend of mine.  This is a letter he sent to his congressman.  I got permission from him to post it here.  Long read, but I feel galvanized by this:    I have been dealing with 2 electronic health record (EHR) systems and it is clear that the technology is not ready for implementation. I feel they will increse cost, decrese access, and decrease quality of care in their current state. I encourage anyone reading thi ...

Are You Getting Fiesa Audited Daily? Mine Have Picked Up.
Nov 26, 2013

I have noticed my Fiesa audits have picked up significantly.  Several reports a day usually.  Maybe a day or 2 in a week where there is no audits.  Wondering if they are zoning in on me or if this is norm across the board. ...

VR And FIESA, Feel Like I Work In A Mine Field
May 19, 2014

I am technically on probation so critical errors are like swallowing the whole mine I guess? Seriously, with the amount of errors on lists, I feel like I am just waiting to step on a land mine. They made me sign a contract that I would go 3 weeks without a critical error. I missed a dosage on a medication yesterday, KAPOW, there's my critical. And, see that, they even have me thinking I made the mistake. I didnt make the mistake I MISSED the mistake. No, I'm sorry, it's not t ...

Sistas, Watch Your Timecards. Mine Is Again Showing 0s, No Scheduled
Nov 16, 2012

It got my shifts wrong for different days, putting 5 instead of 6 hours.  It evened out mostly to be correct but put an extra hour of PTO on my schedule. Which, my CCM, pointed out, I got paid for but my concern is if it keeps messing up on this stuff, how could I be being adversely affected.  Nothing here works as they want. ...

What Do You Do When You Can't Get A Supervisor
Mar 31, 2010

to respond to e-mails or phone calls?  I have never had a supervisor before that just wouldn't respond and I don't know what to do.  Any advice would be appreciated. ...

Changes-Changes--A New Supervisor, What Next?
Sep 13, 2010

Changes-Changes--A new supervisor, waht next? ...

Per Supervisor
Nov 03, 2014

Keep checking and keep track of down time.  Get the system back up so we can work.  PLEASE ...

What Would You Do About A Supervisor
Jan 11, 2015

who totally ignores your high priority emals for weeks and doesn't deem you important enough even to send you a a quick answer? What kind of a place or mentality would do that? Makes me feel like I'm just a little pissant. ...

Supervisor Suddenly MIA?
Aug 23, 2010

Try Google.  Amazing what you find. ...