A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Now begging for part timers to work extra in the South - Late work

Posted: Aug 17, 2013

We have late work pending in multiple accounts (unusual for a saturday), and TSM is frantically sending out emails to try to get part timers to work extra because corporate won't allow her to have fulltime employees go overtime.  This place is run by idiots.

maybe they should have thought - huh? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

north has a boat load also.. must have gotten rid of - a lil too many, huh?

[ In Reply To ..]
Idiots

Sunday night MTs - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on our accounts Sunday nights. Hope they are scrambling tomorrow night with no one to do it now that they let me go.

I really don't get this - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the basic understanding I have of people who work for MM:

The company hires too many people and everyone is OOW. The company is run by idiots.

The company lets people go and now there's too much work. The company is run by idiots.

I think you all just like to complain.

temporary - terminated trendy

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure they will realign the transcriptionists that they have kept to cover hours that those of us left go did. The stats that were sent out when I was employed showed many were short 10-15 hours each week. My account was always busy and was a very hard account.

Similar Messages:

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

MDI Part-timers Making 9 Cpl
Nov 23, 2009

Of the part-time MDIers who have already gotten their packets, was your pay decreased if you were making 9 cpl? Also, I am beginning to think I was the only person making 9 cpl at MDI!  ...

Transcend - Part Timers
Dec 20, 2011

I am starting to wonder if Transcend has more part time workers than full time, excluding the TLs.  It just seems like it is such a fight to get enough work to be full time.  It also seems like it saves them in the long run to not provide insurance and now gift cards at Christmas if they have more part timers, just my feeling. ...

Insurance For Part Timers?
May 16, 2013

Can anyone tell me if part timers can get health and prescription insurance from Nuance?  Has anyone been full time and then dropped to part time?  How much of a drop in benefits was it?  Where can I find this Enrich program?  In advance, thanks!! ...

Does MQ Offer Bennies To Part Timers?
Nov 12, 2009

nm ...

Do Part-timers Have Plenty Of Work?
Aug 10, 2012

At least most of the time?  Thinking of changing status, but don't want to get into a no-work situation.  FT work available is already much less than used to be before Transcend buyout. ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

Part Timers....vacation Days
Feb 13, 2014

Did I dream this or did I not see a while back that part timers would still get 5 days of vacation time for the year?  I don't see it on my PTO balance.  Anyone have any information on that?  Thanks in advance. ...

Bereavement Policy For Part Timers?
Jun 01, 2014

I looked on the MModal website and it doesn't tell about part timers, only full timers. I know we don't get paid but was wondering if we get any days off or we have to use excused absences. Anyone know? ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

MModal Laying Off Part-timers. Is This A New Trend?
Apr 04, 2013

Should be an interesting, wild ride. ...

Does Your Company Offer 401k To Part Timers?
Jul 15, 2014

No need to name your company, a yes or no will do. Just wondering if it's even too much to hope for as I can only work PT but since I'm not married and don't plan to be ever, it's important for me. THanks in Advance! ...

Wondering If Transcend Is Really Offering Insurance To Part Timers??
Jun 21, 2011

I saw below where Transcend may be offering health insurance to part timers in September, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about that.  I would like to have insurance again, so am very curious if that is true.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...

What Part Of PT Suddenly Means I Have 10 Extra Hours To Give??
May 12, 2015

Anybody out there in my POD and want to help me interpret our mandatory OT?  HDSM is KD and scheduler is CS.  They are awesome (I'm lucky to be in this POD and know it).  They always try to keep us off mandatory OT (unsuccessfully as of late), but I'm so confused today, reading the latest email. I'm not sure the company knows what working PART-TIME means or what agreed upon schedules mean either. I just read an email from our scheduler that I believe is stating th ...

Begging, Begging, All Hands On Deck
Oct 08, 2013

Still offering NOTHING extra to work overtime.  OT pay since Nuance acquired Webmedx is a slap in the face.  I used to make hundreds a pay working overtime.  The way Nuance calculates it amounts to around 10 bucks an hour.  The one particular account that they are begging everyone to work on is horrid to begin with.  It is either the epitome of greed or stupidity to think we will just help them out of the goodness of our hearts after they have done nothing for us.  ...

Now They Are Begging
Aug 08, 2013

So this morning, the emails are now literally begging for extra help.  It's a shame that somebody is too moronic to realize that paying your employees a wage you can live on and not demeaning them with FIESA may actually get people to stick around and give them the initiative and desire to actually want to help their sorry asses when they're in a jam.  Of course, if they'd done everything above, they wouldn't be in a jam to begin with.  These emails l ...

Still Begging For Help You Have To Wonder What Is Going On
Jan 12, 2014

Just up and quit? crazy. ...

Begging For Help Once Again
Aug 30, 2014

Maybe if you stopped tourturing MTs and threatening to fire them you would have your TAT under control. No one wants to work for Nuance. If the pay was better we could afford to slow down and give a damn about our quality. We all know that you don't care about anything but the profits. They want all the US MTs gone so they can offshore all the work. They have already started with QA/QC becaues every one of my QA reports from the past 2 weeks were reviewed by an Idian, I can tell because i ...

TSM Begging Us For OT
Dec 11, 2014

Apparently there are many MTs out on "PTO" this week and we are drowining in work. She's literally begging for us to work OT this week to get the backlog down before the weekend.   Translation: So many MTs quit because of this new pay plan, and they want us to pick up the slack so that we can get even MORE reports post-audited.   no. I will not be doing any OT this week. I am at 100% as of right now in Fiesa and I am trying to keep it that way through tomorrow. You can bet you ...

Headed For Out Of TAT And Begging For Help
Jun 14, 2013

hmmmm, let me see now..... Is this the same company that consistently was OOW for months a while back that couldn't give a *blank* about my paycheck and my ability to feed my family and pay my bills? Is it the same company that took away my paid holidays, reduced my pay twice, requires I work on holidays, does not approve requested PTO, yada yada yada?  Ya, I'll get right on that volunteering my extra weekend hours for you sweetheart.  As soon as you give me back th ...

SOFTSCRIPT Still Begging For Help
Feb 04, 2015

Softscript still has those same positions open, and still advertising. That must be what they call an MTs position now - Production Manager, Trainer. I wonder what title they will come up with next to lure a poor unsuspecting soul into their trap.   ...

Why Are MTs Begging For Work On The Job Board??
Mar 22, 2010

.l ...

Got Emails, Call Begging For Us To Work Today. Out Of TAT And
Jul 13, 2013

But no offer of bonuses.  I just can't do it.  I know I should be grateful for work but why wear myself out for no extra compensation?? ...

CMT Exam - How Many Questions Are Asked In Part I (theory) And Part II
Jul 28, 2010

I am planning to take my CMT exams in a couple of months. A couple of queries - How many questions are asked in part I (theory) and part II (transcription performance)? What is the passing grade? Any information will be helpful. Thanks! ...

Need Some Help From Old Timers
Apr 24, 2011

Need some of you “old timers” to help settle a difference of opinion.  We can’t seem to find any accurate information using the web. I was having a discussion with another MT friend about timelines in regards to when SR/VR started and when they started off-shoring.   I say everything happened within the last 5 years.  My friend thinks she started using SR over 5 years ago at the MTSO she works for.   Anyone have any accurate info? 1.  Year Speech Re ...