A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

still begging for help you have to wonder what is going on - fired/laid off MTs or did enough

Posted: Jan 12, 2014

Just up and quit? crazy.

Lots of job opening postings - soapie12

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe the whole industry work level is up. I was in the biz 14 years and its always been like that, up and down workload. Hopefully this upswing will last long enough for me to land a job! Nope, not coming back to MM, sorry.

I would guess a lot of MTs are of retirment age. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
So the question is do you keep going or do you take Social Security, and I would imagine many prefer to take Social Security.

Still 5 years before retirement. - Frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think there are a lot of MTs in late 50s and early 60s who, like me, will not be able to retire from transcription and be able to live on social security. As our pay goes down, so does the amount our social security checks will be (if there is any money left in social security by then). I am still trying to find something else, but nothing in my small town that will pay what I am making here and when you add the gas I save by not driving, less mileage on my car, less expense in office attire, it really is not bad at all, IF I can pass the unrealistic audits. So I am just putting in savings every penny I can for the day when all MTs are overseas.

Got out in mid-November - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I had planned to retire this year anyway but the idea that they would put me on 100% QA after 40+ years and expect me to work for 3 cpl while this lasted was the final insult. I wish all of you were able to get out.
thank you for standing up for yourself - Original Poster
[ In Reply To ..]
Will make it easier for the rest of us. Hopefully they will rethink the way they do performance management. I will be done with my associates in May but do need to go on to University. I'm hoping this job will tide me over for a few more years.
I'm lucky I was financially able to do it - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
and it breaks my heart that so many reliable, competent, knowledgeable MTs are being asked to work for minimum wage. Someone said it's not MM's fault, it's the industry. Well, I don't see MTSO execs earning less money than they did 30 years ago and some hospital execs are making 7 figures yet they expect experienced MTs to work for the same wages as unskilled hospital employees. I think in the end they will get what they pay for.
It's many industries - Valkyrie
[ In Reply To ..]
Those jobs are gone. Then to add insult to injury, all these bureaucrats denigrate the people who want to work and can't find decent jobs.

I up and quit on Friday... - stressedmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I am an ex-Meridian MT. For the past 2-1/2 weeks before I quit, I had no work. I couldn't take it any longer. I made it a year with this horrendous company, who took a job that I loved and turned it into a HUGE stress in my life. My pay was cut almost in half from what I made 2 years ago. Thankfully, I have had a second IC job for a local hospital for almost a year that was SLAMMED with work over the holidays and super busy. I had the best sleep of my life in a long, long time the night after I quit. I feel like a GIANT weight has been lifted.

Good for you. I was glad to be done with it also. - Cathy

[ In Reply To ..]
It has been a week away from them for me.

Quit - I did too!

[ In Reply To ..]
Happy to hear that MTs are starting to stand up to this place and getting out, little by little. Let them run their ads, let them make OT mandatory (good luck with that), let them bully, let them degrade with QA, let them cut salaries and let them all hopefully) burn! New year, MTs need to find another line or work or at least, another company to work for and not Nuance or any of the other MM clones. These places need to self destruct, just like they have destroyed so many others!
me too - gone
[ In Reply To ..]
I left in December after 30 years. Found a great transcription job locally, so happy to be gone
Ex-Meridian also - Deb Stotler
[ In Reply To ..]
I had been with Meridian for almost 10 years. I quit MModal in July. I am now working for a local MD and LOVE IT! My whole life has turned around since I left, it was the best thing I could have done!
Like the job - MT
[ In Reply To ..]

I'm very grateful to have the job. Just depends on your circumstances.
Same with me - happy here - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I have a great schedule, make very good money and get along great with my management team. Like MT above, I'm very grateful ... it could be a TON worse.
You're very lucky - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
Your situation is certainly not the norm. I hope it all stays the same for you. I was also sort of okay until the last BOB change.
It's all about the attitude - NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I quit a week ago too. Also was originally part of an aquisition. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Main reasons: More stress but less pay.

How coincidental...Saturday was my last day! sm - We shall see

[ In Reply To ..]
I was ex-Meridian, too. Like you, no work lately, I have hated working for MM like no other! Also, I watched my pay dwindle and stress elevate! I hope to semi retire in 4 months. Hope that dream comes true!

I wish I could do that too. - Also Ex-Meridian MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I really miss the days at Meridian. I actually looked forward to going to work every day back then. You maybe had 1 backup account. If there was bad weather or no work, all was forgiven. Management and QA were much easier to work with. Training was thorough and account specifics were easily understood. I have never seen a company (MM) make the process of transcription and simple daily work routines so complicated. If we neared TAT at Meridian, we all pitched it and got it caught up, and we did not even make full OT. Now, there are so many MTs on so few accounts that it has a very major impact on your production.

MM could certainly learn lessons on quality and production from other companies and even their own MTs. You simply have to stop overloading the accounts with MTs. The more one works on a single account, the better quality and quantity from every MT. If you have to move from account to account, and people are moving in and out of your account because there are too many MTs on theirs, everyone suffers.

Who wrote the account specifications here? Who input the templates? For a company that demands 99.6 accuracy, they should take a closer look at who is doing this. I have been here a year and the specs on my primary account are still not right, and I have complained so many times about major mistakes in the templates that I gave up. I just correct them when I use them.

I want out too. I want totally out of MT though, and in the small community that I live in that is very hard to do. I am not giving up though. I wonder how many Meridian employees are actually left. To go from that kind of company to this really blows your mind. We were all very high-producing dedicated MTs back then, but this has reduced me to disliking the whole profession.

Amen sister! nm - Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Begging, Begging, All Hands On Deck
Oct 08, 2013

Still offering NOTHING extra to work overtime.  OT pay since Nuance acquired Webmedx is a slap in the face.  I used to make hundreds a pay working overtime.  The way Nuance calculates it amounts to around 10 bucks an hour.  The one particular account that they are begging everyone to work on is horrid to begin with.  It is either the epitome of greed or stupidity to think we will just help them out of the goodness of our hearts after they have done nothing for us.  ...

Now They Are Begging
Aug 08, 2013

So this morning, the emails are now literally begging for extra help.  It's a shame that somebody is too moronic to realize that paying your employees a wage you can live on and not demeaning them with FIESA may actually get people to stick around and give them the initiative and desire to actually want to help their sorry asses when they're in a jam.  Of course, if they'd done everything above, they wouldn't be in a jam to begin with.  These emails l ...

Begging For Help Once Again
Aug 30, 2014

Maybe if you stopped tourturing MTs and threatening to fire them you would have your TAT under control. No one wants to work for Nuance. If the pay was better we could afford to slow down and give a damn about our quality. We all know that you don't care about anything but the profits. They want all the US MTs gone so they can offshore all the work. They have already started with QA/QC becaues every one of my QA reports from the past 2 weeks were reviewed by an Idian, I can tell because i ...

TSM Begging Us For OT
Dec 11, 2014

Apparently there are many MTs out on "PTO" this week and we are drowining in work. She's literally begging for us to work OT this week to get the backlog down before the weekend.   Translation: So many MTs quit because of this new pay plan, and they want us to pick up the slack so that we can get even MORE reports post-audited.   no. I will not be doing any OT this week. I am at 100% as of right now in Fiesa and I am trying to keep it that way through tomorrow. You can bet you ...

Headed For Out Of TAT And Begging For Help
Jun 14, 2013

hmmmm, let me see now..... Is this the same company that consistently was OOW for months a while back that couldn't give a *blank* about my paycheck and my ability to feed my family and pay my bills? Is it the same company that took away my paid holidays, reduced my pay twice, requires I work on holidays, does not approve requested PTO, yada yada yada?  Ya, I'll get right on that volunteering my extra weekend hours for you sweetheart.  As soon as you give me back th ...

SOFTSCRIPT Still Begging For Help
Feb 04, 2015

Softscript still has those same positions open, and still advertising. That must be what they call an MTs position now - Production Manager, Trainer. I wonder what title they will come up with next to lure a poor unsuspecting soul into their trap.   ...

Why Are MTs Begging For Work On The Job Board??
Mar 22, 2010

.l ...

Got Emails, Call Begging For Us To Work Today. Out Of TAT And
Jul 13, 2013

But no offer of bonuses.  I just can't do it.  I know I should be grateful for work but why wear myself out for no extra compensation?? ...

Now Begging For Part Timers To Work Extra In The South
Aug 17, 2013

We have late work pending in multiple accounts (unusual for a saturday), and TSM is frantically sending out emails to try to get part timers to work extra because corporate won't allow her to have fulltime employees go overtime.  This place is run by idiots. ...