A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SOFTSCRIPT still begging for help - Steer clear of the trap

Posted: Feb 04, 2015

Softscript still has those same positions open, and still advertising. That must be what they call an MTs position now - Production Manager, Trainer. I wonder what title they will come up with next to lure a poor unsuspecting soul into their trap.  

I wonder.... - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
I just started here 6 weeks ago..I only talked to my mentor once on the phone and twice by email..she never would contact me or answer my questions. My PM..same thing..I emailed the other night because I was sick and couldn't finish my shift and never got a reply. I did get an email last week stating my mentor is "pursuing a new career" as it was put..Im wondering maybe I should start looking for a new job?

Soft Script - katrina

[ In Reply To ..]
That's just typical Soft Script policies. They just tend to act with no respect toward their people and MTs. I never could get any answer on things either and I never worked there very long.

Yes, look for a different job. - ss

[ In Reply To ..]
Your "mentor" is pursuing a new career because they only lured her there with that fake position to be an MT. A few days into the "mentor" position, SoftScript lets you know you are not the right fit, BUT you can stay on as an MT. This happens over and over with them. Is your PM Lisa?

no it's not - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
Her name is Peggy. I think I have decided to find another job..I took the Wonderlic test to get in at the hospital as a clinic office clerk..hopefully I get it..I think I need out of MTing altogether.
Good luck to you. - Me
[ In Reply To ..]
I am sure you will make more money at the position you applied for. SoftScript's platform is by far the worst I have ever worked on. It is awful when you work on the jobs under a minute long and it takes 30 seconds for the demographics to apply, for which you don't get credit for. That place is such a ripoff!
I constantly get - memls
[ In Reply To ..]
this one doctor, 6 minute long jobs so you would think quick to do but they are all letters, about 20 of them!! and you have to look up every address (which I just started making shortcuts for), split the jobs, look up the patient name... so it takes me an hour and a half to do that one 6 minute job.
i make very good money working at SS - bgee
[ In Reply To ..]
and think the platform is great and word based!

Soft Script - cassie
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there a short time. I just thought communication was awful and then you would get hateful e-mails sometimes which I thought very unprofessional. The account I had wasn't that great on audio and then they counted against you for sending to QA, so I got out pretty soon. They must be desperate for MTs. One good thing to their credit, no VR, but with everything else I just found I couldn't work for them.

I SAW SOFTSCRIPTS NEW LISTINGS FOR FAKE POSITIONS TOO. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Please do not apply for these fake listings for production manager, Q coordinator, or mentor. As stated earlier on the company board, this is a bait and switch scam. I never had a mentor the short while I was employed there. I found out it is because no one is the right fit, so they try to turn them into MTs. This is why SoftScript NEVER posts these positions internally. That is the proof right there.

i have worked there 12 years and they always post every job internally - bgee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

STILL MONITORING - STILL WORRIED - Sent in their troll

[ In Reply To ..]
It is an obvious trap to get MTs. They cannot get MTs any other way. Obviously their MT positions are horrible, like most other MTSOs, and they have to do something to get workers. Continue on with your diligent warnings. It is obvious by their actions it is working! Desperate companies stoop to desperate measures. Please warn everyone you can not to work for these scam companies!

On Jan 30 they post saying make up to $27/hr - Creative if nothing else

[ In Reply To ..]
They've lost all credibility now.

Threatening Email - DESPERATION - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

[ In Reply To ..]
This company is REALLY DESPERATE, they are now sending emails to posters saying they work for Softscript and to QUIT POSTING on this board that they are a scam. REALLY - so IT IS TRUE from what others post, they are rude and threatening. This company really needs everyone to steer clear. They are obviously mad that people are sick of being exploited by them. Good job uniting on this board to help others from falling into this insane trap by this company. Please be diligent! Do they really think they scare people. Not a chance! Softscript and trolls, you continue to fuel the fire. Fight back everyone against unscrupulous companies. You will prevail.

i make much more than that an hour and i work there - bg

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Now we know what SoftScripts - next scam is

[ In Reply To ..]
Well here we go, we said they would have to come up with a new plan/scam to get MTs to work for them. They are planting trolls to say they make lots of money there to get them to apply. Oh - how original. Insulting they think people are dumb enough to believe this. Remember if it sounds to good to be true.... Hey everyone get rich quick - work for Softscript. To think that they are dumb enough to think people believe this nonsense. If you honestly made that kind of money you wouldn't be on here bragging about it, you would be busy making your money. Not even a nice try.
you are paranoid to say the least i have worked there - bgee
[ In Reply To ..]
a lot of years think the platform is great and make good money there and so do many others. If they come here and tell the truth they get accused of lying that is why you do not see many people wasting there time trying to correct paranoid conspiracy theory! HAHAA!!!!
and you are delusional - HAHAA!!!!
[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone knows you are a plant and what is going on as if this company was as good as you claimed, they wouldn't even be discussed here nor would they be constantly hiring. Revolving door. Exploitation. People have had enough. Nuff said.
you can believe whatever you want i am just - bgee
[ In Reply To ..]
stating the facts
So you are saying you make $27/hr at least, - $216/day at least CONSISTENTLY?
[ In Reply To ..]
If that were the case, SS would not need to constantly advertise for help. They would be locked down because nobody would ever leave. Why suddenly are they advertising this $27/hr? Unbelievable.
yes always and more than that - i did not see that advert fyi - bgee
[ In Reply To ..]
there are a lot of us who have been there for a long time we have A LOT OF WORK!!
All while you sit on this board all day.. - very talented
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow everyone, not only can you make MORE than $27 an hour at Softscript, you can accomplish this while you sit and type on MT Stars all day. That is some talented individual. Why isn't everyone just busting down the door to get in? I bet they have a lot of work, because NO ONE WILL WORK FOR THEM ANYMORE! Stay diligent people. Don't be scammed.
i am very talented this is the one truth you have - bg
[ In Reply To ..]
spoken!!!
For someone so talented, you sure seem to be missing - some crucial capitalization and punctuation
[ In Reply To ..]
And I too find it funny that you're on here posting comments instead of working. Not buying it.

I'm an ex-SS employee and they quit paying their QA people by the hour YEARS AGO. That's why I quit. They expected us to continue giving feedback and training MTs, but only being paid for the reports that we corrected and not for ANY of the time we spent with an MT. They CONSTANTLY have ads for employment and they DO bait you into thinking you're getting a great hourly job - then tell you at the last minute that the position is no longer open. In fact, in the last 2 years, I have tested and passed with flying colors for 4 different companies who all did the same bait and switch tactic. With two of them that hired me, on the very day I was to start working, they said, 'Oh by the way, we only have MT spots available now." The other two companies waited a week or so into my employment to tell me "things have changed..." blah blah blah... So keeping blowing smoke up your own azz. Whatever keeps you happy.
its a board not work/QA DOES NOT GET PAID BY THE HOUR - pto
[ In Reply To ..]
you assume so much!
its my day off!!! HAAA!!
Trying a little too hard - Screams FAKE!
[ In Reply To ..]
Over the top for sure.
Advertised at other site where they run many ads - consistently week after week.
[ In Reply To ..]
The $27/hr just seems very odd. They are constantly begging for help and if that wage is paid or attainable consistently, I could only assume they would have very few openings, especially in today's MT climate. I don't buy it for a second.
I agree, smells fishy - Amy
[ In Reply To ..]
They are advertising on all sorts of various boards, see them all over.
This is the only board i come to and not very often - bg
[ In Reply To ..]
so i did not see any of the ads

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Stop! You're killing me. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh, please! - Lkm

[ In Reply To ..]
Prove it! Reveal whose team you are on. I know for a fact you are lying. I know someone on the inside! Why do you give false information to people trying to make an honest living. You have some nerve!

THIS CLOWN IS DELUSIONAL! - opps

[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing more needs to be said!

I just want to be done with them. I worked for them sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
for just a little bit in the last half of 2014 and all I want is my dang W2. I really REALLY hate the thought of having to call someone there to find out if they are even going to send it or what. Once I get that and get the taxes out of the way for 2014, I don't ever have to remember that I worked for them and that they don't give a fig about their MTs.

The one positive I had when working there was the trainer. She was very nice and obviously well versed in what she did. She was great and it's too bad that everyone at the company can't be like her and treat everyone like she treated me.

you can find your W2 on the paychex website - pto

[ In Reply To ..]
its been there for weeks!

I have not worked there in a while SM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Would I still have access to Paychex after all this time? I have not worked there for weeks! (months actually). Even if I could get into Paychex, I don't know the password or anything.

I know you are trying to be helpful, but I am not a current employee and they still need to send a hard copy of the W2s.
if you know your password you can get in - pto
[ In Reply To ..]
if not i also received my hard copy in the mail last week so you should be getting that soon!!
Thanks for your help SM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I think I know the PW, but I don't know the company number. You have been most helpful and I appreciate the time you took to answer me. Thanks again!
. - x
[ In Reply To ..]
Did you have a change of address since you left? It could have gone there.
Nope, lived here 25+ years and they snail mailed me SM - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
a couple of things while I worked for them, so I know they have the right address. I'm sure it will come; I've just never had one this late.

I appreciate you trying to help. :)
sure thing! ;) - pto
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Begging, Begging, All Hands On Deck
Oct 08, 2013

Still offering NOTHING extra to work overtime.  OT pay since Nuance acquired Webmedx is a slap in the face.  I used to make hundreds a pay working overtime.  The way Nuance calculates it amounts to around 10 bucks an hour.  The one particular account that they are begging everyone to work on is horrid to begin with.  It is either the epitome of greed or stupidity to think we will just help them out of the goodness of our hearts after they have done nothing for us.  ...

Now They Are Begging
Aug 08, 2013

So this morning, the emails are now literally begging for extra help.  It's a shame that somebody is too moronic to realize that paying your employees a wage you can live on and not demeaning them with FIESA may actually get people to stick around and give them the initiative and desire to actually want to help their sorry asses when they're in a jam.  Of course, if they'd done everything above, they wouldn't be in a jam to begin with.  These emails l ...

Still Begging For Help You Have To Wonder What Is Going On
Jan 12, 2014

Just up and quit? crazy. ...

Begging For Help Once Again
Aug 30, 2014

Maybe if you stopped tourturing MTs and threatening to fire them you would have your TAT under control. No one wants to work for Nuance. If the pay was better we could afford to slow down and give a damn about our quality. We all know that you don't care about anything but the profits. They want all the US MTs gone so they can offshore all the work. They have already started with QA/QC becaues every one of my QA reports from the past 2 weeks were reviewed by an Idian, I can tell because i ...

TSM Begging Us For OT
Dec 11, 2014

Apparently there are many MTs out on "PTO" this week and we are drowining in work. She's literally begging for us to work OT this week to get the backlog down before the weekend.   Translation: So many MTs quit because of this new pay plan, and they want us to pick up the slack so that we can get even MORE reports post-audited.   no. I will not be doing any OT this week. I am at 100% as of right now in Fiesa and I am trying to keep it that way through tomorrow. You can bet you ...

Headed For Out Of TAT And Begging For Help
Jun 14, 2013

hmmmm, let me see now..... Is this the same company that consistently was OOW for months a while back that couldn't give a *blank* about my paycheck and my ability to feed my family and pay my bills? Is it the same company that took away my paid holidays, reduced my pay twice, requires I work on holidays, does not approve requested PTO, yada yada yada?  Ya, I'll get right on that volunteering my extra weekend hours for you sweetheart.  As soon as you give me back th ...

Why Are MTs Begging For Work On The Job Board??
Mar 22, 2010

.l ...

Got Emails, Call Begging For Us To Work Today. Out Of TAT And
Jul 13, 2013

But no offer of bonuses.  I just can't do it.  I know I should be grateful for work but why wear myself out for no extra compensation?? ...

Now Begging For Part Timers To Work Extra In The South
Aug 17, 2013

We have late work pending in multiple accounts (unusual for a saturday), and TSM is frantically sending out emails to try to get part timers to work extra because corporate won't allow her to have fulltime employees go overtime.  This place is run by idiots. ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...

Softscript Really Bad?
Nov 28, 2011

Just finished their testing.  Have read the archives of 2011 on them.  Does not sound like a company I want to work for.  Are they employee status or IC?   Any current SS employees out there? ...

Anyone Have Anything To Say About Softscript?
Jan 31, 2012

anyone have anything to say about softscript?...have an interview with them next week... ...

Softscript? To Be...or Not To Be?
May 30, 2012

Anyone have anything to say about Softscript?  The good, the bad, the ugly. :)  Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it.  Pay on time, good people to work for, what is the pay, etc.  You know, all that good stuff.  Thanks! :) ...

Softscript.
Jun 26, 2012

I have noticed a significant decline in my line count with Softscript ever since their blooper that happened on MT week.  I dont really understand how that has affected my line count so much but I used to type 23 jobs and get about 1000 lines.  Now I type 23 jobs on the same accounts and get 700 lines.  Something is wrong with this picture.  I am looking for another job, I just feel like I'm wasting my time. ...

What's With SoftScript?
Aug 16, 2012

I noticed that every now and then that SoftScript advertises on the MT Job board for a pathology transcriptionist.  I tried applying for that job once, but they said that they wanted "recent" experience and the last time I did pathology was in 2001.  And yet, they keep advertising for that position.  What's up with them?  Can't they hold on to any help?  On the surface, it looks like they have a high turn-over rate with that position.  Am I missing somethi ...

ANYONE KNOW ABOUT SOFTSCRIPT?
Aug 25, 2012

Does anyone know about SoftScript? Are they good to work for? ...

SoftScript...
Sep 06, 2012

I interviewed and recruiter says they are hiring some 68 transcriptionists.  I asked was this for a new account.  She says, no for one of their old accounts.  What would you be hiring 68 transcriptionists for an old account unless you fired all the new ones, or is it just me thinking that way. ...

Are There Any Softscript QAs Out There?
Jan 22, 2013

I've not been working for SS very long and have been doing QA for them. I was wondering if anyone who reads this board is a QA, or has been a QA, for SS and, if so, do they audit you? How strict are the audits? What happens if you don't make the score? I have a friend who used to work for SS a couple years ago and she said that she quit because the audits were "nitpicky." I'm just wondering if I need to be concerned about that at all. TIA for the info. ...

Softscript W2s
Feb 04, 2014

Former employee, didn't get my W2 from SS, just called and she said they were mailed out the 20th or 21st so she is going to mail me out another one today.  My question is how long after they were mailed did you all get them? ...

Know Anything About Softscript?...sm
Apr 07, 2014

I saw an ad for Softscript and it says "are you looking for traditional work only and no voice recognition?" or something along those lines. Does anyone work for them or did and know if this is true? Are they a good company as far as treating their employees and requirements, etc.?? ...

Softscript QA??
Jun 15, 2014

Thinking of applying with SS - any info on their QA or typing platform wanted. They say it is great, but .......... of course they would. Also does a QA position get paid hourly or by the line? ...

Softscript CPL
Jul 03, 2014

Does anyone know what the current CPL offered at Softscript is for traditional and VR?  Thanks so much.  ...

Softscript And Others
Oct 06, 2014

Have over 10 years experience, have applied twice, have left my shift to work open.  Have nothing against me, great references.  Their email address they provide on their website when submitting emails to returns stating not a working email/no longer exists...Not one reply back.  Do not answer their phones.  No response to application.  Yet, every week, they post begging for people.  IMO, companies like this, aren't worth 2 cents.  If the people they hire ...