A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

do part-timers have plenty of work? - sm

Posted: Aug 10, 2012

At least most of the time?  Thinking of changing status, but don't want to get into a no-work situation.  FT work available is already much less than used to be before Transcend buyout.

No, same accounts - Nuance MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I switched to part-time status and am working the same accounts I had when I was full-time. When there is no work it is across the board. It just isn't there. I guess it would be harder to try to dig up my full-time hours right now. I was short a couple of hours last week because there was no work and ended up with 28 hours instead of 30.
My manager doesn't usually distinguish between providing work for full-time MTs first and part-time MTs second, but I have had managers in the past who have told part-time MTs to get off and let the full-time MTs get their hours in when work was low. Part-time MTs were some of the first to be laid off before at Webmedx when accounts were lost and work was low (at least by my manager at that time, but things vary greatly among different teams). I'm not sure if Nuance operates that way or not.

Similar Messages:

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

MDI Part-timers Making 9 Cpl
Nov 23, 2009

Of the part-time MDIers who have already gotten their packets, was your pay decreased if you were making 9 cpl? Also, I am beginning to think I was the only person making 9 cpl at MDI!  ...

Transcend - Part Timers
Dec 20, 2011

I am starting to wonder if Transcend has more part time workers than full time, excluding the TLs.  It just seems like it is such a fight to get enough work to be full time.  It also seems like it saves them in the long run to not provide insurance and now gift cards at Christmas if they have more part timers, just my feeling. ...

Insurance For Part Timers?
May 16, 2013

Can anyone tell me if part timers can get health and prescription insurance from Nuance?  Has anyone been full time and then dropped to part time?  How much of a drop in benefits was it?  Where can I find this Enrich program?  In advance, thanks!! ...

Does MQ Offer Bennies To Part Timers?
Nov 12, 2009

nm ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

Part Timers....vacation Days
Feb 13, 2014

Did I dream this or did I not see a while back that part timers would still get 5 days of vacation time for the year?  I don't see it on my PTO balance.  Anyone have any information on that?  Thanks in advance. ...

Bereavement Policy For Part Timers?
Jun 01, 2014

I looked on the MModal website and it doesn't tell about part timers, only full timers. I know we don't get paid but was wondering if we get any days off or we have to use excused absences. Anyone know? ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

MModal Laying Off Part-timers. Is This A New Trend?
Apr 04, 2013

Should be an interesting, wild ride. ...

Does Your Company Offer 401k To Part Timers?
Jul 15, 2014

No need to name your company, a yes or no will do. Just wondering if it's even too much to hope for as I can only work PT but since I'm not married and don't plan to be ever, it's important for me. THanks in Advance! ...

Wondering If Transcend Is Really Offering Insurance To Part Timers??
Jun 21, 2011

I saw below where Transcend may be offering health insurance to part timers in September, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about that.  I would like to have insurance again, so am very curious if that is true.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

Now Begging For Part Timers To Work Extra In The South
Aug 17, 2013

We have late work pending in multiple accounts (unusual for a saturday), and TSM is frantically sending out emails to try to get part timers to work extra because corporate won't allow her to have fulltime employees go overtime.  This place is run by idiots. ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...

Plenty Of Job Offers
Dec 01, 2010

So here is a blindly obvious question. With all of the job ads on this site, who is getting hired? Are they actually real jobs that are being posted by "real" people who actually need MT work done? Are any of you applying and getting these jobs. I have found that there is NEVER a shortage of MT jobs to apply for. There are ALWAYS ads on several sites soliciting the help of both experienced and newer MT's. As many MT's that are on this site I think I would here a few more success s ...

Plenty Of Work?
Sep 30, 2012

I will be starting second shift, Sunday through Thursday, with Nuance.  I have not given notice yet to the company that I am currently working for because I'm thinking of hanging onto them in case there is a shortage of work with Nuance.  Anybody else work this shift?  How is the workflow?  I've read a lot about people not being able to meet the full-time requirements to receive benefits because there simply is no work.  Is this true?  I'm a single mo ...

Plenty Of Work
Jan 26, 2013

Today I have had plenty of work without having to jump around all over the place.  I enjoy working at MModal.  They have been good to me and I have been fortunate to have supervisors who will work with me and I can work with them.  I feel very fortunate to have a job right now when so many others are out of work and cannot find them.  In the last 6 months, I have only had 1 day when there were no jobs available.  Within a couple of hours, my supervisor called and asked me to work on an acc ...

TTS- Plenty Of Work?
May 21, 2013

I have an interview with TTS tomorrow. Can anyone who currently works there tell me if they have issues with running out of work at this company? Thanks in advance! ...

If You Want Plenty Of Work Try Focus
Feb 10, 2010

They have taken on a couple dozen new accounts this year. They are a huge company and use Escription and Dictaphone Extext. They are owned by Dictaphone so rest assured they will have work when other companies are running out. The team leads are in America now, not in India. I would rather work for them and know I will get my lines and get paid than to make zero on another job because I'm pouting about working for a company that sends work to India. Just a FYI. ...

Does Amphion Have Plenty Of Work?
Mar 31, 2011

Does Amphion have plenty of work?  I see they are advertising and was curious if there was enough work there.  TIA ...

Escription QC's, Do You Have Plenty Of Work
Aug 01, 2014

there is a LOT of work there and encouraging us to transfer there from Beyond Text. I'm not sure if I believe this though. How is the early morning workload generally? TIA for any info. ...

SS Ad: Plenty Of Work Available To Allow You To Earn What You Need TODAY!!! Sm
Jan 23, 2011

I average about 400-500 lines a shift (full time), so I guess if you can live on $36-45 a day, they are not lying. ...

How Are Things At SoftScript Now? Is There Plenty Of Work Now? Sm
May 25, 2011

I thought about applying, but there seem to be a lot of negative posts, although there were some stating that the work was flowing again.  Any information is appreciated. TIA. ...

Silent Type MTs Plenty Of Work
Aug 21, 2012

I was hired and told there was plenty of work.  I could get all the pages I wanted.  I am seeing a patten of only 1-2 days a week where  I get work and the other days it just trinkles in.  Is the the normal pattern for the work flow??  If so, I may have to swim out of this stream real fast.  Any info you would be willing to share with me would be appreciated.  I left my last job because of low work volume but was getting more than this.  I came to Silent Type because I was promised pl ...

Thinking Of Applying At Synernet, Plenty Of Work??
Nov 12, 2013

I am so tired of trying to find that "perfect" fit for a company to work for.  Good companies are so few and far between and I just want to finally find a fair place.  It seems like the only companies left are MModal and Nuance and I wouldn't work for them for anything.  So, before I apply for Synernet, how are things there?    Thanks :) ...

CMT Exam - How Many Questions Are Asked In Part I (theory) And Part II
Jul 28, 2010

I am planning to take my CMT exams in a couple of months. A couple of queries - How many questions are asked in part I (theory) and part II (transcription performance)? What is the passing grade? Any information will be helpful. Thanks! ...