A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Know of a company with part-timers allowed health benefits? - n/m just looking

Posted: Oct 26, 2012

x

32 hours/week can get benefits Accentus acute - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Their benefits aren't bad, their platform stinks but I have learned to work with it and am doing okay.

Starbucks - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Seriously? I know, tempting... - just looking

[ In Reply To ..]
My son is an assistant manager at Walmart and he has told me after a year of working for Walmart part time I would be eligible for health benefits and remain part time... wide range of ins. products to choose from... with an 80/20 plan that is less than $100 a month... why am I MTing? looking to get out...

Grass is greener..but still weeds. Walmart is horrible too. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, things are really bad with transcription...but be prepared. Maybe since we have been through the worst, then it will not seem so bad. Keep that in mind. Walmart plays dirty also. Horrible to employees...don't be late, bring in a doctor's note, work on cement flooring...and they are not wanting to pay FT benefits and cut hours, or change your hours. The list gones on. Remember the original owner is deceased.

And remember they had a descrimination class-action suit against them. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
So...they were found not guilty, but so was OJ. But it is a big company with a big slow boat.

Costco - allie

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

Does Your Company Offer 401k To Part Timers?
Jul 15, 2014

No need to name your company, a yes or no will do. Just wondering if it's even too much to hope for as I can only work PT but since I'm not married and don't plan to be ever, it's important for me. THanks in Advance! ...

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

MDI Part-timers Making 9 Cpl
Nov 23, 2009

Of the part-time MDIers who have already gotten their packets, was your pay decreased if you were making 9 cpl? Also, I am beginning to think I was the only person making 9 cpl at MDI!  ...

Transcend - Part Timers
Dec 20, 2011

I am starting to wonder if Transcend has more part time workers than full time, excluding the TLs.  It just seems like it is such a fight to get enough work to be full time.  It also seems like it saves them in the long run to not provide insurance and now gift cards at Christmas if they have more part timers, just my feeling. ...

Insurance For Part Timers?
May 16, 2013

Can anyone tell me if part timers can get health and prescription insurance from Nuance?  Has anyone been full time and then dropped to part time?  How much of a drop in benefits was it?  Where can I find this Enrich program?  In advance, thanks!! ...

Does MQ Offer Bennies To Part Timers?
Nov 12, 2009

nm ...

Do Part-timers Have Plenty Of Work?
Aug 10, 2012

At least most of the time?  Thinking of changing status, but don't want to get into a no-work situation.  FT work available is already much less than used to be before Transcend buyout. ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

Part Timers....vacation Days
Feb 13, 2014

Did I dream this or did I not see a while back that part timers would still get 5 days of vacation time for the year?  I don't see it on my PTO balance.  Anyone have any information on that?  Thanks in advance. ...

Bereavement Policy For Part Timers?
Jun 01, 2014

I looked on the MModal website and it doesn't tell about part timers, only full timers. I know we don't get paid but was wondering if we get any days off or we have to use excused absences. Anyone know? ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

MModal Laying Off Part-timers. Is This A New Trend?
Apr 04, 2013

Should be an interesting, wild ride. ...

Wondering If Transcend Is Really Offering Insurance To Part Timers??
Jun 21, 2011

I saw below where Transcend may be offering health insurance to part timers in September, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about that.  I would like to have insurance again, so am very curious if that is true.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

Now Begging For Part Timers To Work Extra In The South
Aug 17, 2013

We have late work pending in multiple accounts (unusual for a saturday), and TSM is frantically sending out emails to try to get part timers to work extra because corporate won't allow her to have fulltime employees go overtime.  This place is run by idiots. ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...

Is Cherrypicking Allowed At Your Company? Is This The Norm?
Aug 26, 2011

I have been with my company for many years and have liked the account I am on until the past 3 months.  Three months ago, they hired on 3 new MTs and now suddenly all the easy doctors disappear from the queue first, even if there are other reports out of TAT.  Warnings have been given by account manager, but only 2 days later, the cherrypickers are back at it.  I am now getting stuck with a majority of the harder docs that no one wants to do and have watched my pay ...

Health Benefits
Mar 02, 2012

As June is approaching us, I suggest that anyone who has health benefits appeal to upper management (I emailed Vern and got a decent reply) to please consider better benefits.  They way they are now, if you are a single parent with young children, this plan could be catostrophic in a way worse than if you had no benefits or job to speak of.  I am not single nor have young children but am currently in debt of over 2,000 to a health provider.  I will probably still be paying it off when we use ...

Health Care Benefits -- HA!
Apr 26, 2011

First I had to switch from Kaiser last year and now the new doctor I found with United Healthcare is OUT OF NETWORK and the new and only coverage sucks.  I guess it is time to go.  Any good company's out there with decent insurance?  This is pitiful. ...

Health Benefits Problem
Jun 28, 2011

Has anyone had to deal with the health benefits persons for MQ?  I am now eligible for health insurance (3 months is up) and when I try to enroll, it tells me the time is up for the benefit plan and I cannot access the page to sign up.  I called the health benefits number and spoke with someone.  He told me I am locked out and he did not know why and told me he would call back.  That was 4 hours ago.  I also sent an email and no response.  I have 3 days to sign up o ...

Health Benefits For PTers
Oct 08, 2012

Know of any companies offering health benefits for PT transcriptionists?  Even if the premium is paid by the employee?  Group plans are supposed to be preferable to individual plans is my understanding. ...

Part-time Benefits
Feb 21, 2010

Can anybody tell me what benefits part-time employees are offered at Transcend, KeyStroke and MedQuist?  Thanks ...

Part Time Benefits?
Jul 14, 2012

I am not seeing where part time MTs are offered health insurance or PTO in their recent add, and just says for full time employees.  Is this another thing that has changed?  I was really looking forward to having health insurance again and a little PTO. ...

Part-time With Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

Does anyone know of any companies that provide benefits for part-time employees?  ...

Amphion Has Decent Health Benefits?
Nov 22, 2011

Can anyone share if Amphion has decent health benefits and what full-time employees must maintain to keep benefits? Thanks! ...

MModal Benefits - Health/Dental
Apr 04, 2014

I've been working for MModal for a few years but have yet to look into employee benefits. Could someone tell me what their health plan is like and what it takes to enroll? Thank you! ...

Nuance Benefits For Part Time
Mar 05, 2012

What do they offer?  I read here on this board that you do receive medical, dental, and vision, but does anyone know what else?  ...

MModal Health Benefits For 2014 Email
Oct 19, 2013

I have been offered a new job, aka escape route out of MModal. Everything about the new job makes me happy EXCEPT the high premiums for their insurance plans. Can we really believe the email from a couple days ago promising that our premiums for 2014 would stay the same as they were in 2013???? What's the catch? Is it an outright lie? ...