A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MModal laying off part-timers. Is this a new trend? - Will Nuance be next?

Posted: Apr 04, 2013

Should be an interesting, wild ride.

layoffs - good worker

[ In Reply To ..]
Hand on to your hats. I feel the winds of change coming our way too!

This is very sad, but it is also full timers per the MModal page - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

MDI Part-timers Making 9 Cpl
Nov 23, 2009

Of the part-time MDIers who have already gotten their packets, was your pay decreased if you were making 9 cpl? Also, I am beginning to think I was the only person making 9 cpl at MDI!  ...

Transcend - Part Timers
Dec 20, 2011

I am starting to wonder if Transcend has more part time workers than full time, excluding the TLs.  It just seems like it is such a fight to get enough work to be full time.  It also seems like it saves them in the long run to not provide insurance and now gift cards at Christmas if they have more part timers, just my feeling. ...

Insurance For Part Timers?
May 16, 2013

Can anyone tell me if part timers can get health and prescription insurance from Nuance?  Has anyone been full time and then dropped to part time?  How much of a drop in benefits was it?  Where can I find this Enrich program?  In advance, thanks!! ...

Does MQ Offer Bennies To Part Timers?
Nov 12, 2009

nm ...

Do Part-timers Have Plenty Of Work?
Aug 10, 2012

At least most of the time?  Thinking of changing status, but don't want to get into a no-work situation.  FT work available is already much less than used to be before Transcend buyout. ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

Part Timers....vacation Days
Feb 13, 2014

Did I dream this or did I not see a while back that part timers would still get 5 days of vacation time for the year?  I don't see it on my PTO balance.  Anyone have any information on that?  Thanks in advance. ...

Bereavement Policy For Part Timers?
Jun 01, 2014

I looked on the MModal website and it doesn't tell about part timers, only full timers. I know we don't get paid but was wondering if we get any days off or we have to use excused absences. Anyone know? ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

Does Your Company Offer 401k To Part Timers?
Jul 15, 2014

No need to name your company, a yes or no will do. Just wondering if it's even too much to hope for as I can only work PT but since I'm not married and don't plan to be ever, it's important for me. THanks in Advance! ...

Wondering If Transcend Is Really Offering Insurance To Part Timers??
Jun 21, 2011

I saw below where Transcend may be offering health insurance to part timers in September, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about that.  I would like to have insurance again, so am very curious if that is true.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

Now Begging For Part Timers To Work Extra In The South
Aug 17, 2013

We have late work pending in multiple accounts (unusual for a saturday), and TSM is frantically sending out emails to try to get part timers to work extra because corporate won't allow her to have fulltime employees go overtime.  This place is run by idiots. ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...

Mmodal Part-time Job
Jan 01, 2013

Question: I was hired by MModal to begin a part-time evening job doing a cardio account on the Cornerstone platform. I receved all the equpiment and hooked it all up (by myself) and had "orientation" last week telling me that I now had 14 hours of Training on the system supplied by instructional videos showng me how to use the system, timeclock, etc. As I will be paid on a production basis, I'm already a little skeptical because the Corrnerstone platform seems very cumbersome with a lot of ...

How Many Hours Is Part-time At MModal?
Jan 17, 2013

What Are The Part-time Requirements For MModal?
May 01, 2013

I am currently full time but would like to drop down to part time. What are the pay period hour and line requirements for part time? Thanks! ...

Was Anything Said About Laying Off All PT People?
Apr 17, 2013

I couldn't get into the meeting because my email was down and have to now wait until my shift is over to try to view it. I've been wanting to switch to PT but was kind of waiting to see if it was addressed today. ...

Why Is IMEDX Not Just Laying Off All Of Us?
Mar 30, 2015

I was with another company that IMEDX took over last year.  Now, like everyone else, my work at IMEDX is drying up.  When I used to get about 20,000 lines in a pay period, I'm now getting about 10,000 to 14,000.  I have taken another MT position to try and supplement.  I see some people are actually being laid off.   What I can't figure is why we're not all being laid off.  Why are some of us still there, dying a slow, painful financial death??   ...

UPMC Laying Off 100 MTs, Will Be Offered Jobs Wit Nuance
May 21, 2013

Below is a link to article about UPMC laying off transcriptions, but they are to be offered jobs with Nuance.  Ugh.  I wish I could tell all of these MTs to run the other way.  Anybody who has been gobbled up by Nuance from other companies/hospitals knows exactly what is coming and what is going to happen to these MTs.   http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburgh/blog/morning-edition/2013/05/upmc-to-lay-off-transcription-workers.html ...

A Trend I Am Seeing
Mar 15, 2011

I have noticed over the past few weeks that the majority of transcriptionists wanted ads (not on here) are in-house only.  I saw 11 job postings today looking for such and all were for in-house in different areas - and that's just today!  One of the companies I have a contract with has lost an account in the past month due to their hiring in-house staff instead.  Anyone else notice this? ...

From Full Time To Part Time With MModal?
Mar 04, 2013

from full time to part time w MM?  I am so burned out trying to work full time hours, I honestly think I would get the same pittance of a check working part time.  Thanks.   ...

Anybody Notice A Trend?
Jul 19, 2012

I have been noticing a trend lately here on the old board.  Starting midweek, some posters start with the meanness, the insults, the name calling, nastiness and it continues through the weekend, Saturday seeming to be the worst.  Anybody else notice this?  It was quiet yesterday, usual normal venting, but no meanness or sarcasm or insults, and today, wow.  Just sayin' ...

I Have Noticed A Trend Of Being OOW In The
Nov 23, 2012

around 9:00 p.m. Central Time.  Any other MTs running out of work consistently around this time?  I am wondering if the work starts getting routed to India around this time, because India is about 10 hours ahead of the US, so it would be morning time for India.  The work just stops downloading and not even one job trickles in. ...

Is The New Trend To Dock MT Pay For Excessive QA
May 27, 2010

submission?  I'm with a company that does this (amongst other bordering on unethical things)....I'm sure we all know what company.......cough MQ cough........   Anyway, is it just this horrible company that docks pay for QA over 5% and also if you fail an audit?  I really wouldn't have a problem with docking of pay for failed audits IF they were fair, but this company doesn't know the meaning of the word fair.    Just wondering if there are other ...

It The Trend Now To Go With Diskectomy Instead Of Discectomy? Nm
Oct 28, 2010

nm ...