A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does MQ offer bennies to part timers? - How flexible are they with your hours?

Posted: Nov 12, 2009

nm

extremely flexible - right!

[ In Reply To ..]
You can work whenever you want, nights and weekends especially! Although there is no work during the week, but who cares!

If you move to India, I hear they give you a free lunch!

PT bennies - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
24 hours per week PT you do get PTO and I think you can participate in the 401. Flexibility kind of depends. I have a schedule, but if I need to flex all I have to do is clear it with my CCM.

I think the days of getting on and off line to work when it suits us is over. May be a few IC positions left but I bet those people won't give them up for anything.

Flexibility of hours - MS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you submit a schedule, then you must stick to it. You can't just work whenever you want.

Flexible - petluvrs

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a big fat "smack down" going on now for people who are working whenever they want and not sticking to their schedule.

Working PT - Hours, etc.

[ In Reply To ..]
I work PT. Must do 24 hrs per week, stick to your schedule. You accrue 0.3 hours PTO per hour worked up to a max of like 1-1/2 hours per pay period. Not sure if you get 401k, insurance, etc. Do get shift differential for night hours. I do have an understanding with my super that I can put in any extra hours I want (beyond scheduled) - so if you have a couple of hours free some afternoon when not working, I can get on. Not sure if that is MQ blanket policy or not, but you might have some flexibility for additional hours above those scheduled.

Similar Messages:

Does Your Company Offer 401k To Part Timers?
Jul 15, 2014

No need to name your company, a yes or no will do. Just wondering if it's even too much to hope for as I can only work PT but since I'm not married and don't plan to be ever, it's important for me. THanks in Advance! ...

Does Nuance Offer Health Insurance To Part Timers?
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know if Nuance offers health insurance for part-time employees?  If so, approximately how much does it cost? ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

MDI Part-timers Making 9 Cpl
Nov 23, 2009

Of the part-time MDIers who have already gotten their packets, was your pay decreased if you were making 9 cpl? Also, I am beginning to think I was the only person making 9 cpl at MDI!  ...

Transcend - Part Timers
Dec 20, 2011

I am starting to wonder if Transcend has more part time workers than full time, excluding the TLs.  It just seems like it is such a fight to get enough work to be full time.  It also seems like it saves them in the long run to not provide insurance and now gift cards at Christmas if they have more part timers, just my feeling. ...

Insurance For Part Timers?
May 16, 2013

Can anyone tell me if part timers can get health and prescription insurance from Nuance?  Has anyone been full time and then dropped to part time?  How much of a drop in benefits was it?  Where can I find this Enrich program?  In advance, thanks!! ...

Do Part-timers Have Plenty Of Work?
Aug 10, 2012

At least most of the time?  Thinking of changing status, but don't want to get into a no-work situation.  FT work available is already much less than used to be before Transcend buyout. ...

Why Are Some CCM's Telling Those Laid Off That It's ALL Part Timers?
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time 24 hours and not a peep out of my CCM/TSM/whatever she is yet.  I would think I would be first in line because she is always giving me a hard time about my hours and my pause time, etc.  Is it still coming?  If not, why are they lying? ...

Part Timers....vacation Days
Feb 13, 2014

Did I dream this or did I not see a while back that part timers would still get 5 days of vacation time for the year?  I don't see it on my PTO balance.  Anyone have any information on that?  Thanks in advance. ...

Bereavement Policy For Part Timers?
Jun 01, 2014

I looked on the MModal website and it doesn't tell about part timers, only full timers. I know we don't get paid but was wondering if we get any days off or we have to use excused absences. Anyone know? ...

For MQ Part-timers Who Work 24 Hours/week...
May 08, 2010

how many of you only work 3 or 4 days per week (24 hours).  Do you split your schedule up and work only a few hours at a time?  I'm considering working only 3-4 days per week instead of my usual 5 and would like to know how you schedule your hours.  Thank you! ...

MModal Laying Off Part-timers. Is This A New Trend?
Apr 04, 2013

Should be an interesting, wild ride. ...

Wondering If Transcend Is Really Offering Insurance To Part Timers??
Jun 21, 2011

I saw below where Transcend may be offering health insurance to part timers in September, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about that.  I would like to have insurance again, so am very curious if that is true.  Thanks for your help!  ...

Know Of A Company With Part-timers Allowed Health Benefits?
Oct 26, 2012

x ...

Do Laid Off Part Timers Get Severence Or Just Full Time
Apr 04, 2013

I think severence is just for full time but not sure. ...

Now Begging For Part Timers To Work Extra In The South
Aug 17, 2013

We have late work pending in multiple accounts (unusual for a saturday), and TSM is frantically sending out emails to try to get part timers to work extra because corporate won't allow her to have fulltime employees go overtime.  This place is run by idiots. ...

It Sounds By The Posts That Lay Offs Are Not Just Part Timers But Full Time As Well
Apr 04, 2013

Just waiting for the other shoe to drop, wondering who is next. ...

Does MQ Offer Part-time Positions? - Sm
Jan 04, 2012

I am thinking of applying to MQ for PT work as my current accounts are getting a bit too slim for my liking.  More and more of my docs are doing their own transcription which is encouraged by the hospital system I work for.  So with 2 of my bigger account at 50% the norm (not because of the holidays, they are seeing 18 but only dictating maybe 8) I need something to fill in the hole but do not want FT.  I don't even know if I would pass the test, MQ is the only test I ha ...

Any MTSOs Who Offer Part-time Work? - Sm
Jan 04, 2012

I am thinking of getting a PT IC position to help offset the decline of work in my current FT IC position.    I already put post on MQ board regarding them as a possibility.  But really looking for a smaller MTSO (in theory good/nice/no politics) with 24-hour TAT with just some smaller accounts that need coverage.  Anyone know of such a MTSO?  Thanks! ...

Does Any Company Offer Med Insurance For Part-time?
May 20, 2015

x ...

Do Any Companies Offer Decent Insurance For Part-time?
Dec 31, 2009

nm ...

Transcend/MDI Bennies Info
Nov 23, 2009

Ok so I read the whole entire "packet" and all of the info on the web site.  I still feel like I am missing something.  There are forms to fill out in order to get benefits, but I can't seem to find anywhere just how much out of pocket we are to pay for these benefits.  Did anyone see this info anywhere?? ...

Employer Picking And Choosing Which Bennies To Give Me
Mar 10, 2014

I've been working for these people for 7 months as a full-time employee.  I have recently changed careers in the medical field and the administrator knows this and he knows i am searching for a job in my new career, which he supported me in.  It's time to order uniforms for the office staff (they provide 4 sets) and he tells me he wants me to write a letter stating that I am not leaving or searching for another job before he orders my uniforms because he does not want to pay ...

CMT Exam - How Many Questions Are Asked In Part I (theory) And Part II
Jul 28, 2010

I am planning to take my CMT exams in a couple of months. A couple of queries - How many questions are asked in part I (theory) and part II (transcription performance)? What is the passing grade? Any information will be helpful. Thanks! ...

Need Some Help From Old Timers
Apr 24, 2011

Need some of you “old timers” to help settle a difference of opinion.  We can’t seem to find any accurate information using the web. I was having a discussion with another MT friend about timelines in regards to when SR/VR started and when they started off-shoring.   I say everything happened within the last 5 years.  My friend thinks she started using SR over 5 years ago at the MTSO she works for.   Anyone have any accurate info? 1.  Year Speech Re ...

Old Timers, Do You Ever...
Sep 11, 2012

Have dictators you have to turn the volume all the way up and press the headset into your TMs to hear? Do you have to only chew during pauses because the sound of your chomping would obliterate their tiny whisperer? Have doctors who never learned to use the "Pause" making you listen to them review the past 5 years of a patient's chart? Are pauses so long you can take a nap or make lunch while they are thinking? Do you use swear words against the doctors, calling them mother __ ...

Any Old Timers Out There?
Oct 04, 2013

Just this morning I was talking to my husband about "the good old days" in the medical transcription world.  I remember when we would type a report, I mean "straight" type a report (no VR), send it off to be signed by the physician and then it was placed on the medical record.  Back then, it was the physician's responsibility to make sure that all the information on the report was correct before he signed it.  Anyone remember those days?  Technology and new ways of doing ...

ASR ; Old Timers, Remember When.....
Nov 18, 2010

Hey all you loyal MQ people who have been here for years (why we do it, I don't know) Remember when....they used to tell MTs DO NOT ENTER S/L in the QA NOTE, because it made QA "think" they would hear that word....well guess what...and this is for the suits and the managers who are looking, and we know you are .....ASR is nothing but a full report of sounds likes.  They wonder why errors are being seen in ASR reports?  DUH!!!      ...

Night Timers, You Are My Idols . . . .
May 05, 2010

dear night timers --  i normally work days, but just wanted to let you know that after filling in for a couple of shifts working nights that I appreciate you guys now more than ever.  I do not know how you do it day in/day out (or is that night in/night out?)  Anyway, I just wanted you all to know that I have a new appreciation for the night timers who work thru the night.   It was an eye opener and it was actually nice to walk in someone else's shoes for once! ...