A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CMT exam - How many questions are asked in part I (theory) and part II - ss

Posted: Jul 28, 2010

I am planning to take my CMT exams in a couple of months. A couple of queries - How many questions are asked in part I (theory) and part II (transcription performance)? What is the passing grade? Any information will be helpful. Thanks!

Contact AHDI - working mt

[ In Reply To ..]
They should have that information.

cmt exam - Viva

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, check AHDI website and enter CMT exam in search box.

Dont waste your money on it - its a RIPOFF that - further funds offshoring of our jobs.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

What Part Of The PHYSICAL EXAM Does This Go Under?
Jan 04, 2012

Not sure where to put this.  Just started doing nursing home dictations and I need to know where "Patient is drinking thickened liquids." would go under the PHYSICAL EXAM.  I'm thinking Neuro, but not sure. ...

Nitis? - Part Of The Skin Exam
Oct 15, 2010

Sounds like it should be simple, but I've never heard it and can't find it.  In the physical exam he says - Cellulitis of the lower extremities.  No obvious _____ (s/l nitis).   Has anyone ever heard of this, and if so, what is it.  I'm not finding it in any searches. ...

Help On Vital Signs Part Of Exam
May 19, 2014

This Indian lady sounds like on the vital signs part as saying "No cathalication, upper landmine", ? Can't find anything similar to cathalication and upper landmines.  Any help would be appreciated!     ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

Is "no Anterior Bridge" In The Neck Part Of The Exam A Common Term? Don't Think I
Oct 15, 2011

. ...

I Wrote To The USMLE Exam People Today And Asked A
Jul 18, 2013

Namely, why US hospitals are being turned into Towers of Babel because there is no SPOKEN English testing of foreign physicians.   As it is, they only need to be able to read/write English sufficiently well to take the exam, which is a very different thing entirely from being able to speak English. It's passing strange to me that when I'm doing the most difficult work that I do with some of the most abysmal dictators that I deal with, who cannot string 3 English words togeth ...

GOING PART TME
May 11, 2010

Well, after 10 years of working at home for MQ and the company bought out by MQ, and working in-house for many years, I am finally at my "Uncle" stage.  I just turned 62 on March 28.  I applied for SS retirement early and working part time.  It starts in June.  I have just had too much stress in my job, and I am no longer happy doing what I do.  Now I will only HAVE to work 24 hours a week.  I am finally excited about something again.  I can remember the ...

Part-time Job
Dec 08, 2009

I'm getting frustrated about finding a part-time job.  I've done so many interviews, I'm blue in the face.  They all want to start at such a low cpl that I just can't do it.  I'm about ready to try to get a non-MT part-time and see how that goes.  I've heard about Avon and that it can be done from home on-line now.  I'm wondering if that would supplement my income any better.  The only problem I have is I hate going door-to-do ...

Part Time PTO
Jan 20, 2010

I'm considering dropping to part-time.  I checked out the MQ Central for the specs and it indicates 24 hours/0.03 PTO per 48 hr pay period/1.37 hours for a max of 5 days/40 hours yearly. My CCM said if I happened to work 39 hours in a week, I'd get more PTO accumulated during that time.  She said there are PT folks who get just as much PTO as the FT do.  I didn't see anything like that mentioned in the PTO section on MQ Central.    ...

Wondering Part 2
Feb 09, 2010

What programs( ie Chartscript, extext) are easy to learn so that I can learn some more to use for companies that want these languages exclusively? Erin ...

Just A Word PART II
Sep 12, 2010

Guaranteed  every Pollyanna, well-thought-out, professional-appearing response came from an MTSO suit, most probably all of them (one in the same)....GUARANTEED. MTSO's have turned the medical transcription industry into SLAVE LABOR, across the board, no matter the skill level. ...

To Part-Timers ----
Jan 15, 2011

I just read on MQ Central that as a part-timer you are eligible for "partial" benefits.  I had asked on this board before if part-timers were eligible for health insurance and was told no.  What does "partial" benefits mean exactly?  I'd like to drop to part time but absolutely need to keep health insurance.  Thanks in Advance! ...

New Part-time Job
Jul 21, 2011

I was talking to my CCM last week and she said the facilities just let them know they do not need them anymore, just like that.  They go with their own VR.  I don't trust anyone anymore so I secured a part-tiime job that I start in 2 weeks.  I will not be getting much sleep, but I will have to suck it up.  This is an outside job driving 60 miles a day, but I guess we do what we have to do.  I would think at my age (61) a person would'nt have to work so hard. ...

EMT, Now Part Of MQ Is HIRING-NO THANKS!
Nov 23, 2011

nm ...

Looking For Part-time
Dec 02, 2011

Are there any good companies left out there to work for part-time (20-35 hours) with straight typing and no C-phone?  ...

IC V Employee Part 2
Feb 29, 2012

As noted below in this discussion, it's been pointed out working a schedule does NOT necessarily make you an employee.   If you receive less extensive instructions about  what should be done, but not how it should be  done, you may be an independent contractor.  For instance, instructions about time and place  may be less important than directions on how the  work is performed.  ï‚¢ Training – if the business provi If you receive less ...

Part Time ??
Apr 26, 2012

Does anyone know of any companies that only require 15 hours or so weekly, or a low line count, for part-timers?  I would like to earn some extra money, but have time restraints :( ...

Wow, Proud To Be A Part
May 29, 2012

of this company right now.  We really pulled together and worked as a team to overcome some tall obstacles that were thought unachievable over the holiday weekend; were given nice incentives and got very nice compliments from the higher-up management. We also received a nice little gift for MT week.  So while so many are here seemingly unhappy, I just had to say that those attitudes do not reflect all of us in the trenches.  Probably not even most of us.  But we th ...

If You Are Part Time
Apr 04, 2013

how can you collect UE? I thought that was only for full timer?? ...

I'm A Part-timer
Apr 04, 2013

and I have not been laid off, however I was not scheduled to work today.  I wonder I will get the call tomorrow, my next scheduled work day? ...

Going Part Time.
Jun 02, 2013

I would like to change status to part time.  Anybody know how to go about doing that or has done that? Through HR or TL?  Anybody know HR's contact information? ...

TTS A Part Of Nuance?
Aug 23, 2013

Does anyone know if TTS is a part of Nuance or in the process of?  Thank you. ...

Part Of The Problem.
Nov 26, 2013

I have been reading the posts on this board for a while now. Most of what I see is "venting." We "vent" about being dinged in an audit for things that were actually incorrect (and occasionally correct). When someone points out that there actually was an error, they are berated by others who cry, "That is not the point!" What is the point exactly? You made an error; it was caught. Make a note, suck it up, and move on. Okay, the error costs more than you think it's worth, but it is still an ...

Any Part Time MTs At TTS Out There?
Jul 15, 2014

If part timers are eligible for 401k ? I heard employers are required to offer it to any employee who works at least 1040 hours per year (which is a 20/hr week). ...

Part Time Help
Oct 13, 2014

Is there anyone looking for part time help for just straight typing anymore?   ...

Part Time Or Prn Work
Nov 17, 2009

Would love some opinion on this.  Is it realistic anymore for an MT to pick up part-time and/or p.r.n. work to supplement with any of the "legitimate" companies? ...

MDI Part-timers Making 9 Cpl
Nov 23, 2009

Of the part-time MDIers who have already gotten their packets, was your pay decreased if you were making 9 cpl? Also, I am beginning to think I was the only person making 9 cpl at MDI!  ...

Part-time Benefits
Feb 21, 2010

Can anybody tell me what benefits part-time employees are offered at Transcend, KeyStroke and MedQuist?  Thanks ...

Part Time IC Positions
Mar 17, 2010

For MTs who work part time, what seems to be the minimum hours/lines most companies require you to work? ...

I Got Cut To Part Time Today
Mar 23, 2010

For the last 6 weeks, my company has not had radiology work coming in to be able to get the required line count.  We have had discussions on this, even trained for several accounts, etc...  Yesterday I got an e-mail explaining that because I did not meet the line count for the pay period that I was cut off of all my benefits and now part time.  The company boasts on the main page about how they have over double the amount of offshore MTs than stateside, this makes me mad.  I ...