A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Today is when I let it all go - movinon

Posted: Jul 13, 2012

I get so fuming mad about all these things that are going on at Nuance and with our careers and livlihoods, the lies and deceitful practices of this company that came along and gobbled up all the MTSOs and made my life a nightmare.

I am the type of person that wants to fight for what is right and make my voice heard. Why such a company could come in and treat the employees the way Nuance does. I fell that if I try to fight I will just get myself into major trouble.

I certainly do not understood why it is legal to send our health records to foreign lands? We can thank our corupt government for some of this. I almost hate to think what is down the road for us US Citizens/Americans.

I wonder why when they pulled the rug out from under all the factory worker's feet that at least the companies and unions they worked for helped them to transition into college and other careers. They were all even given a fair notice to digest it and prepare. I do not understand why they trained all of these displaced workers for jobs they don't even have a chance in hell of getting. In my area the UE offices trained these people for Coding/billing, Transcription, and IT jobs, etc....(I read somewhere that 90% of IT jobs are outsourced overseas)......not jobs here. Something doesn't smell right in Denmark.

Today is the day I let it go.................. No more whining that I got the short end of the stick. I am going to spend more time on the positive-side of life, finding a different job, different career, finding some welfare to send me to school. I guess it out there. Just what I want some welfare UE and then some welfare schooling, and then some kind of a career, if I pick the right career?????? 

Basically it will be okay for now and I hope it is true what they say that Karma is a bitch.

Does anyone else feel that way? I'm letting it go now.......................

Agree 100%...already gave notice - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was basically working for my insurance anyway, and then the deductible is so high before they cover anything I was never close to it! It is the worst insurance I have seen and McDonald's is definitely better!

Oh come on! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Every day the same whining. I am one of the MTs who agreed to the pay scale, accept it, like working from home and do okay with meeting the lines. If you took a job at McDonalds for minimum wage, would you be throwing yourself down on the floor every day crying because they make the french fry boxes in China? McDonalds also has establishments in foreign lands. I bet those burger flippers get paid less than us too. This has nothing to do with the overseas workers. It has to do with crappy pay and either it works for you or it doesn't. Every transcription company runs the exact same way - it's not just Nuance. Get over it and go on welfare then. These pity parties are sickening. We are NOT going to make what we did 20, 10, even 5 years ago. It's over, move on.

venting - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
We work from home, we have no co-workers. Sometimes we want to vent. If you don't care for our "whining" skip those posts. So simple and everyone is happy.

When I worked outside the home I and my co-workers did indeed vent about the company and work at times.

So, how about you just skip on over the posts you know you won't like and then skip right on over another rampage at those of us who need to let off a little steam.

Skip the post? - HAHAHAHA

[ In Reply To ..]
There isn't anything BUT venting going on. What post should we skip to?

Just for fun - if they eliminated the overseas workers, but the wages stayed the same would that matter? Of course not! It would still be a horrible job.

If our wages were doubled and they kept the overseas workers, would you care about records going overseas? No one would care. So stop the is this legal BS about foreign lands.

The bottom line is it's hard to make a living as an MT. This is a hard job and it's not enjoyable. Trying to dig up any other reason why is just pathetic.
Not the OP - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't specify anything about offshore stuff and while you did mention that, you seemed to indicate all "whining" should cease.

But yes, you can tell when a post will be a big long rant. So find any other post you like and have a seat.

Anyone who is realistic understands things will not be going back to the "good old days" ever again. We live in a global economy and this is just part of it.

But I still really don't like Nuance or the way they treat the MT. I took the job fully aware of the pay but they could certainly make up for the low wages with the tiniest bit of respect for what we do.
I see your point - HAHAHA
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with the way MTs are treated and Nuance isn't the only offender. It is so different than it used to be. I can't even tell you what my LPH were 10 years ago because it was never brought up. I do get annoyed with MTs pulling things out of the air to be the blame. If you really think about it, our pay went down due to ASR not India. I worked for a major company 10 years ago that used overseas workers and I will never make that much money again. The cost of software, licensing, development and IT have driven the pay WAY down. I don't think many realize that technology drove us into the ground. When we just transcribed our docs on a simple program without the overhead, we made more. ASR was the end of the MT. Just get it straight. Be mad at the hospitals for selling you out, not the companies that took you in. I mean NetFlix killed Blockbuster - kinda the same thing. Who comes up with the next cheaper faster product - I guess Nuance did.
You speak the truth HAHAHA - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It was technology that did us in.

It is the way of the world, always has been and always will be.

I knew it was time to move on 5-6 years ago and didn't do it. I kept hoping it would even out but truthfully I see no light at the end of the tunnel at this point. So I moan and complain, but truthfully it would be much more productive to just start planning an escape route.
I hear ya - HAHAHA
[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes I wonder if this is what a drug addict feels like - always trying to catch that first high. I'm always trying to make what I used to, LOL. I knew it was not working out a few years ago, but instead of getting out, I bounced around. Now I am positive all the MT companies are the same and this is it. My only escape route is winning the lottery. Honestly, I know it sucks, we all know it sucks, but sometimes you just need to laugh and find something positive. So let me see if I can find something positive - I don't have to sit next to anyone who smells. Okay anyone else got anything?
Positive - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
My last co-worker would peel her toenail polish off while incessently talking about her current boyfriend. I was very glad I wasn't the MT who had to share her keyboard on the next shift.
Positive - tt
[ In Reply To ..]
I can roll my eyes and do shots of tequila during a conference call. Okay maybe not the rolling the eyes part.
Oh thanks for that tt - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank goodness I'm not the only one with a bottle of tequila handy (haha). Though I prefer a pitcher of margarites, definitely a HUGE positive.

Also, I get to wear a robe and jammies all day, so I will be ready for the hobo look when I am homeless from the lousy wages.
I'm already rockin' the "hobo-look!" Don't own a single - pair of pants without knee-holes.
[ In Reply To ..]
And no, I didn't pay a premium price to buy "distressed-look" designer jeans. All of my holes are the real deal. ;D

Meerkat
=^..^=
Riddle me this: If CEOs, banksters, mgmt, etc. can - keep earning more, we should, too.
[ In Reply To ..]
Our jobs aren't the only ones affected by technology. Those people use newer technology all the time. Do they use it to make the business "work better, smarter, faster", like they keep telling us to do? NO. Instead, they take technology, software programs, etc., that MIGHT have worked well in their original form, and gum them up so badly with unnecessary exceptions and variations, in order to keep their crybaby customers happy, and further shoot themselves in the foot by continually lowering their prices. THey seem to forget that technology isn't free, and many of its costs are hidden. A good example of that is how crappy a product VR and offshored transcription produces. The hidden cost is that it still has to be edited and repaired before being sent out. And because they keep putting themselves "on sale" to try to undercut their competition, they make up for it by forcing most of their MTs into financial ruin. Who in turn leave, which is a major "brain-drain" for these companies. It happens in other fields, as well. So they get cheaper, less-experienced workers to fill in, which in turn requires more editors in MT, or more middle-management in other industries. Same with hospitals. All those min. wage people they have working the admissions desks, or drawing blood, have to be monitored by ever-growing numbers of "wranglers" (i.e., supervisors) to "keep them in line". Which further results in lots of bad feelings, lack of pride in or caring about their work, sick days, workers comp. claims, and yes, lawsuits by current/former employees. Not to mention unhappy clients. When I worked at smaller MTSOs, they had loyal, happy clients and loyal, happy MTs. These big "McTranscription" conglomerates are always losing clients right and left. Partly because they promise them the moon and the stars, and with their underpaid, robotic or offshore workforce, they aren't able to deliver. When my current company took over my smaller former one, over the next couple years they lost EVERY SINGLE FORMER HOSPITAL CLIENT. All were large, prestigious hospitals. Their new accounts that they think are so hot are for the most part small rural hospitals with even more doctors who think they are God, and picky-picky job description minutia. And are any of them happy? No, they're not. We'll probably lose those accounts, as well. It seems the hospitals go hopping from one MTSO to the next, the same way the MTSOs' stomped-on MTs go job-hopping, in search of something decent.
Not BS - about records
[ In Reply To ..]
going overseas. 2/3 doctors are not happy with EMR and losing medical privacy and confidentiality for their patients.

There are a myriad of reasons why this job sucks, and the OP is entitled to state her reasons just as you are.

Any post telling anyone to stop with their opinion and their voice is really uncalled for.

Will this response to your post sent you into a frenzied response?
Well, you could always just skip yourself right off - the entire board. We wouldnt mind.
[ In Reply To ..]
Really, we wouldn't.
M Modal pay - Katie
[ In Reply To ..]
How much do M Modal transcriptionists make? What is the work like?

Leave people alone - They have a right to vent!

[ In Reply To ..]
Well what are you the Nuance cheerleader with pompoms attached to your hands? If you accepted their payscale, then you deserve it. I for one won't stand for it and have already in the background here planning my own escape route from this pathetic business that Nuance and other MTSOs have created.

Many MTs I know are already planning their escape route. Who the hell wants to make minimum wage all the time especially when you have these QCs taking every little point off they can think of? No wonder so many are on MUP due to their QC cadets?

If anyone wants to whine, it's really none of your business now is it? Don't like it, skip your happy self over everyone's posts. First amendment gives us rights you know, just saying...

Oh geez! - and geez again

[ In Reply To ..]
Who is being a cheerleader?

Who is the bigger loser, the one working and trying to stay positive or the one working a job that makes them this angry? Planning your escape route? Ummm okay! I guess you can be in charge of the escape plan cheer squad. Give me an E, S, C, A, P, E. Whoo hoo go you! Yeah those posts will be boat loads of fun to read. Can't wait.
Posts of interest to fellow MTs... - (see message)
[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't say that posts where people are sharing their pain or sharing with others their plans for moving on to other employment may not be "loads of fun to read," but I'm betting there are a LOT of people who read these boards who are interested in reading any thoughts or suggestions they can get their eyes on.

I don't think encouraging others should be criticized or made fun of...whether it's encouraging others in their plans to move on or encouraging them to see the good things about MT. From the sound of things on this board, the majority of MTs are certainly not "kids," judging from all the really long-time MTs that I see posting. Surely we can do better than posting like we're teenagers.
I just wish they'd go kick a hole their own wall, or toss a pot - across their kitchen is all. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x

QC - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd like to say something. I'm one of those "horrible" QCs you're talking about. I make $8.25 an hour now; 5 years ago I was making $17 and I thought I was rich. I'm not a power-hungry #(@&$)(*&@ who's trying to screw every MT out of every penny. A lot of times I don't send a mistake or even a blank through to FIESA, for several reasons. Sometimes I don't feel it's going to help you at all, so I just fill in the blank. Sometimes it's the end of my shift and I'm tired and don't want to take the time to send a response to the MT, so again I just fill it in and send the job through. And sometimes I'm just tired of repeating myself to people who don't seem to learn anything from the instructions I keep giving them about a mistake they keep making over and over, so I send the job through. I was an MT for a long time before I became a QA/QC/whatever you want to call it, and I know what it's like to be on the other side. I'm sure there are QCs out there who take advantage of you, but please don't lump us all together. I have to meet production quotas and accuracy expectations, too, and get called out when I mess up, more times than you might realize. No, the industry isn't what it used to be, but let's not tear each other down; instead try to support each other and build each other up. Thanks for listening.
To QC - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate where you are coming from. I do think QA at nuance is inconsistent and that is my main problem AND that almost nothing ever gets reversed, even when it is agreed by all parties that it was wrong.

I have worked QA before and I know how frustrating it can be. So I appreciate your situation.

Having said that, I still think Nuance's QA is possibly the poorest run I have seen. It is not ALL of the QA people either. I see some on my Fiesa that are super friendly and helpful and don't kill me on little things. But some of your "co-workers" are not like that. They seem to be "hitmen."
I'm sorry - I understand
[ In Reply To ..]
I am really sorry if I offended. I know there are few good QCs out there. I understand where you're coming from too with the expectations you have to try and make. Nuance and other MTSOs are to blame in general for making this business like it is. That is why it seems all the colleges are dropping these programs from their cirruculum as I think the situation with these MTSOs and the crappy pay is part of the reason. Peace to you. The best thing anyone can do is to just get out of the transcription/editing business all together and reach for that shining star in the future.

Some of these people on here in support of Nuisance, though, are laughable and I wonder if they are management in disguise. How can anyone defend the indefendable??

Again, peace to you and please accept my apology.

Congratulations - for

[ In Reply To ..]
making the crappy pay work for you. When Nuance is looking for happy MTs to prove they are not all bad, you can be the spokesperson. You are just who they would be looking for "We are NOT going to make what we did 20, 10, even 5 years ago, and that's okay with me!" :-)

And you, stay right where you are, crappy pay and all smiles.

It's probably "okay with her" because she's mgmt - and makes that mythical $50K....;)

[ In Reply To ..]

GREAT post. Most everyone that posts here... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
...is wallowing in a "poor little me I'm such a victim" mentality.

I applaud those who move on - SB

[ In Reply To ..]
For those of you who have come to hate your job and the company you work for, it is good when you make the decision to move on and find other work. Nothing will put you in your grave and/or ruin your important close relationships faster than staying in a situation you hate and that you believe was imposed upon you. It takes courage and effort, but it is the right decision for you. My 2 cents . . .
Just to put moving on in a little bit more perspective... - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
it's not as easy to do as some would have us believe. Not when a $10/hour office clerk or secretarial job's "requirements" are often at least 2 years' experience in being a clerk/secretary in THAT particular industry. They seem to think 2 years' experience being a receptionist at a car dealearship means you'll just totally SUCK at being a dental receptionist, or a veterinary receptionist! And then there are those that want all applicants to have a B.A. degree. For a RECEPTIONIST job.

Recently there was a job cleaning animal cages at the local SPCA. An $8 hour job, and they wanted an A.A. Degree in Biology or Animal Sciences.

Are these people for frickin REAL?

Don't look now, but it'll likely happen to YOU, too. - (Which will make our collective day!)

[ In Reply To ..]

If US workers aren't going to make what they did - 20 yrs. ago, then it should go both ways. (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
If wages drop by 40-50% for the same (or more) work, then the cost of everything else -- food, gas, INSURANCE, medical care, rent, a can of dog food, a box of cereal -- EVERYTHING -- should be mandatorily dropped 40-50% as well.

But of course, we all know that's not happening, ever.

1 box of Cheerios - $5
1 tank of regular unleaded gas - $50-60
1 month's rent in most cities - $1000-2000.
1 loaf of bread - $1.50 - $2.50.
1 gal. of milk - $5
1 ten-min. doctor visit - $100-$200.
1 month of many Rx's - $65-$100.
1 month of phone/DSL service - $100.
1 typical dental exam - $100-$200.
1 bridge fare in San Fran - $5-$7.
1 round trip on ferry - $26.
1 day of parking - $15-$20.
1 parking ticket - $75+.
1 month of utilities (scrimping) - $50.
1 month of car insurance - $100+.
1 month of renter's insurance - $30.
1 pkg. frozen hamburger patties - $12.
1 avocado- +/- $1.50.
1 frozen pizza- +/- $5.
1 typical bi-monthly supermarket trip, for just the basics - $90-$150.

Yeah, we're all such whiners and wimps. Just because our pay has been reduced to less than min. wage doesn't mean we should'nt easily still be able to afford the necessities of life!

Vacations? Unnecessary fluff.

Braces for the kids? Eh, who needs 'em?

Balanced meals? Not on a zero checkbook balance! Eat Ramen, instead!

Can't afford the rent? Do what the illegals do - cram 2 families of 4 each into a junior 1-bedroom apt.

Kharma has a way of coming around to bite those who scoff, sneer, laugh at, and blame those who are less fortunate.

NO DOUBT YOUR TURN WILL COME.

Be sure to let us know, 'kay? We'll all be looking forward to it.

WOW - ummm

[ In Reply To ..]
Your post is about a US problem, not an MT problem. Who is blaming the less fortuante? We all make the same and work for the same company. What the heck are you going on about? I have all those bills minus the parking ticket and boat rides. The entire United States is struggling. I think you meant to post on the policital board. Obviously you live in San Fran. You can't live there on this salary and take boat rides. They have in-house positions there. What the heck are you doing living there and working for 4 cpl?
How is it obvious? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
She could live in Washington State. There are other states that have ferries.

There are not necessarily in-house jobs in big cities either though. I live in an extremely large metropolitan area in SoCal and I can't find an in-house job with 15 years of acute care experience.

She said San Fran - nm - Do you edit reports? Yikes
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
To Wow Ummmmm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
So sorry, I missed the San Fran part. I didn't read her whole stinking list.
It's not like I'm getting paid.

I hate how quick people are to jump on and attack your MT skills based on this stupid board.

Snarkiness is such an attractive quality.
I believe you attacked and dished the first snark - The poster you replied to was correct
[ In Reply To ..]
If you're not going to bother reading an entire post before jumping on another poster, then simply don't post at all.

There's so much miscommunication and cat fights that start on these boards and a lot of it is due to a lack of comprehension or a lack of even bothering to read an entire post before jumping in with an aggressive demeanor, as you did.

The other poster was correct and had obviously read the entire post.

I would suggest you do the same before posting and accusing others of being "snarky" in return.

In this case, a return volley of snark in your direction by the other poster would, yes, have been an attractive quality. You get as good as you give, and you tossed out the first snark.
My post had no attack in it. You should read closer - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I asked how it was obvious, as other places have ferries, and then simply went on to post how hard it was to find in-house work even in a large metropolitan area.

She then went on to flame me and insult me.

You should take your own advice before jumping into something that was in no way your business. Like you are perfect, sure.

I believe you win the attack and snark award. This board is full of truly nasty people.
Washinton State - would be better
[ In Reply To ..]
They have the highest minimum wage, a little over 9 bucks. MUP wouldn't be as bad.
Yup. Kaiser, Tenet & Sutter Health have all but - eradicated inhouse MT in California!
[ In Reply To ..]
n/m
I saw one in Palm Springs for Tenet - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
But its way too far for me to commute. I wonder why they are hiring in-house for that position?
Some jobs that appear to be for true MT, are actually - wanting an MT to help them transition - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
over to 100% point-and-click electronic records. (You know - those places where, when you go to see your doctor, all you ever see is their back, while they're hunting-and-pecking away at their computers...

There was one recently in my area at a large Orthopedic Group. I was like, YAY! Then I got more details, and the job was temporary, setting up templates for their EHR. Then I'm sure they just kick you to the curb once that's done.
It's my home. It's not my fault that MTSOs want to - pay only Ozarks/Appalachian wages.
[ In Reply To ..]
Why is Nuance pay the same no matter what area in the country you live in? sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
From posts here, it seems like we are on a level playing field as far as pay. Yet those of us living in areas of the country where it costs more to exist are feeling the pain more than folks in other states. Maybe that is part of why we see such varying opinions. When I previously worked in another industry, we were paid according to the location we worked in and the cost of living in that particular area. I would have a different opinion if I was paid accordingly. It costs me more for electricity and internet and to heat my home than someone in rural areas. No, I cannot afford to move until my house is paid for.
Better question - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I live in SoCal so cost of living is ridiculously high. However, I don't think I should get paid more than an equally experienced MT.

However, I do think the MTs who are doing acute care and caring the load on ESL docs and harder work types should be paid more and yet it does not appear that is the case either.

Why do I make 4 cpl doing a huge healthcare system full of ESL, cardiology procedures, etc., and an MT doing easy clinic work makes the same?

It used to be we got paid based on skill level but that is no more.
I agree with you. Sometimes clinic work pays - retired
[ In Reply To ..]
more than acute care now. There is almost no consideration given for years of acute care experience either.

the government cannot just step in and control prices - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

To SM, the Enabler - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
SM, it sounds like you are addicted to Nuance or whatever MTSO you might work for, if any. It is enablers like you that keep them in business. Your predicament reminds me of Stockholm syndrome where the captive feels sympathy for the captor. It is pathological.

Stockholm - syndrome

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly! These Stockholm syndrome characters are the ones that are helping to drive the wages down!

hey sm lighten up - movinon

[ In Reply To ..]
You didn't have to read it if you found it sappy.

I just threw that out to the universe and all is good.

Sorry to upset you. : )

Don't apologize - Please

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't apologize to that. You have your right to state your opinion just like anyone else. You have your own right to make up your own mind. I'm sure that you are a big girl and don't need sm or others to influence you one way or the other.

I agree somewhat with sm - SB

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess as a relative newbie, I have the advantage of not ever having been paid well to do MT/ME. So for me, it is probably easier to take the pay as it is and enjoy:
-No commuting.
-Substantial help paying for my health insurance (have you tried to get an individual plan lately-if you can? The costs have doubled in the last 2 or 3 years--shocking!).
-No dressing up.
-No annoying coworkers to have to work in spite of.
-Working in the peace and quiet of my comfy home office.
-Being able to be with my doggie all day.
-Being able to take care of my neighbor's doggies.
-Being able to choose shift times and days and hours of work that fit with the other parts of my life.
-Doing work that is interesting, of good service and does not clash with my values.
-Having the augmentation to my income (fortunately, I have other income sources).
-Spending part of my lunch hour in my hammock.
-Watering my flowers on short breaks.
doggies sm - I love my dogs, too.
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm happy for you and applaud your positive attitude, but you have to realize you sound like one of the advertisements the MTSOs put out on the mommy boards enticing women to learn MT and work in their jammies? These are the types the MTSOs are trying to sucker in. It also drives down pay for the rest of us when so many are happy to work for minimum wage. A lot of us have dedicated most of our adult lives to medical transcription (not editing gibberish spit out by software) and have been in this business a long time and are near retirement. A lot of people here do not have other income sources, but are sole providers for their families. I am fortunate in that my husband is our main provider with great health insurance plan, but taking a 50% cut in pay for me is not good when we live from paycheck to paycheck due to the high cost of living/taxes in our part of the country. My dogs and cats quite often eat better than hubby and me these days. When there is only so much for groceries, I tend to buy their food first and skimp on our food instead.
You don't have a point - sorry
[ In Reply To ..]
I know of very professional degreed people working at JCPenney for 20 hours a week for minimum wage. This isn't just the MT world. We all know what the job pays. I didn't think anyone sounded like an ad trying to sucker anyone in. I think most people are trying to work VERY hard at a job that is VERY degrading and just trying to find something positive to get us through the day. I didn't read anything in this thread encouraging people to stick with it or boasting about how wonderful life is for them. Most everyone said the job is terrible, but we are sick of the whining.

Just because someone is trying to lighten the mood or would rather read something encouraging doesn't mean it's a conspiracy. Get over yourself, your paycheck and quit trying to bring more meaning into something that isn't there.
No. you need to get over it. nm - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

No apology needed, Movinon! The self-appointed - "critic" is the one who should apologize! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
=^..^=

Yep - I decided enough was enough and quit last week. - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked 2 hours and then said I'm done. I haven't told them yet - let them figure it out.

Similar Messages:

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Less ASR Today?
Feb 03, 2010

My work is normally about 97% ASR, today I have only had 1 ASR job.  I'm not complaining, quite the opposite actually.  I'm just curious if anyone else is getting less ASR work today.  I was hoping it was down and we can expect a day or two of straight typing. ...

Anyone Else Down Today?
Apr 29, 2010

Unable to log on because DQS needs to be updated.  Then can't update on DocuManage because there's no link.  They tell me they someone will call back and help me, but they have no way of knowing when.  This would definitely qualify for technical downtime, am I right?  Anyone else having this issue today? ...

What Is Up With DQS Today?
May 23, 2010

DQS is driving me crazy today.  When I push the pedal, it takes a couple seconds to start playing.  If I let off the pedal, it keeps going for a couple seconds and I can't get it to stop.  The typing I am doing does not keep up with my finger speed either, with words not showing up until after I've typed them. I use my own computer and have never encountered this issue before.  It is a major hindrance though, slowing me down. What's next? ...

Today Was My Last Day With MQ.
Jun 08, 2010

Typing that last report, signing out for the last time.....it was all very surreal.  I still can't believe I actually left.  Sad though because I wasn't offered anything PT (not that I would had taken it), and nobody said "we'll be happy to take you back".  AND....no exit interview.  Guess I thought they appreciated me more than that.  Oh well.  Some of my friends wished me well and will miss me.  Thats all I need.  ...

QA'd My First ILP Today.
Feb 02, 2011

Horrendous, absolutely horrendous.  It felt like I was editing an ASR report.  If they are all like this one, then I have no worries about losing my job to the Indians because once the clients see the garbage that is coming out of there, they will be begging for the USA.  ...

Have Gotten SO Much Done Today Already!
Feb 04, 2011

Since my shift started a little over an hour ago, I have blown out my hair, cleaned the bathroom, made a dentist appointment and paid some bills! Whew! Looking for what to do next because it sure doesn't look like I'll be doing any typing this morning.  NJA all day so far! Weeeeeee!!!!! (Sorry, just needed to try to make some humor out of it). Hope everybody has a great weekend! ...

The BIG Lay-off Today
Apr 04, 2013

I have not posted on this site for a long, long time because there is so much negativity on here and stuff that was posted that is simply untrue.  Not sure why anyone would stay with a company when they are so unhappy and then good people get laid off.  Today I got the call, about 3 hours into my shift. I knew something was up as my caller ID never says Medquist on it.  My TSM's voice sounded really awful and all she could say was I am sorry to call with bad news but you have ...

Is Today Pay Day?
May 17, 2013

I thought today was pay day??  No direct deposit for me.  Maybe i'm confused ...

ASR Bad Today
Jul 08, 2013

Noticing this a.m. really BAD.  Putting in a lot that is NOT said and leaving out what IS said.  As if our job isn't aggravating enough.  More typing than editing. ...

MM ASR Seems To Be Particularly Bad Today.
Aug 04, 2013

nm ...

MM ASR Seems Especially Bad Today. Anyone Else?
Sep 28, 2013

Missing a lot of words and totally random punctuation. Oh well, I'd be at minimum either which way. ...

What's Up Today? Sm
Mar 20, 2014

I have not received 1 email with account status updates, stupid "joke of the day", tip of the day or error emails. Also, none of the TMs are on. ...

Today Was My Last Day As An MT
May 22, 2014

After over 25 years as an MT, I'm not going to lie, I am a little sad. However, MT is not what it used to be. It served me well for about 20 years or so before it started to go south. I did manage to avoid VR, but it was only a matter of time.  I recently completed school (again) and I am starting a new career. I know many people think it can't be done on the wages MTs have been reduced to, but I am living proof that it actually can! I continued working as an MT while I was in sc ...

Today Is
Nov 30, 2014

I am offically sick of inconsiderate dictator day. They are being held accountable for their poor dictations with blanks, blanks, and more blanks.. I am done!!! ...

Anyone Else OOW Today?
Dec 10, 2014

Suddenly my account has gone dry.  My TSM's excuse is they are too heavily staffed on 1st shift...yeah, right.  I just checked for the heck of it and still nothing.  The account I am on begins with an E and is a hospital in PA.  Wow, just wow. ...

I Just Don't Know If I Can Do This Today. Nm
Feb 25, 2015

nm ...

I Am Getting All New Stuff Today...sm.
Oct 19, 2009

first is open smart stitch sutures correct as is? and second is it times 2 or x2?  Never had this before. :-). tia.   ........This was treated with a subacromial decompression and repair of the rotator cuff using the open smart stitch sutures x 2. ...

Once Again, No Work Today....
Oct 19, 2009

Thi s is getting so old. I can't live off NOTHING. ...

Has Anybody Else Gotten Emails Today From Their CTL
Nov 16, 2009

Has anybody else gotten emails today from their CTL.  I have gotten 4-5 of them so far from both CTLs in my area.  I thought this position was suppose to have been eliminated.  I wonder if they had a change in plans? ...

Please Tell Me I'm Not The Only One Without Work Today? Sm
Nov 30, 2009

This is my first year working at home for a company (I worked as an MT for 6 years in a hospital) so I am new to all this not having work stuff.  No work over the weekend and today.  Is this normal?  This never happened to me at the hospital.  Now I am freaking out! ...

Something That Irks Me Today..........
Dec 09, 2009

So our CCM emails us saying when our work dries up there will be a certain account that we will help out on (as we have in the past).  She apologizes, saying she knows this is a very "difficult account, but we need to leave as few QA markers as possible."  This just rubs me the wrong way.  She's right--it's difficult alright--- but not in the way she is implying.  She implies it's difficult because of the "difficult" terminology used in all the cardiac cathete ...

So Irritated Today.
Dec 30, 2009

It seems like every report I do today has an idiot on the other end.  I just had a doctor dictate "Medications (really long pause) 750 mg p.o. b.i.d. x5 more days." Really?  It'd be nice if you said WHAT medication that is!  I swear, ALL of them have been like that today.  They either drag on forever and forget what they're even saying or they just leave off half of the word because they think I should just know what they are saying/thinking without having to hear ...

Okay Everyone. I Went To College Today
Mar 17, 2010

I spoke with a counselor/advisor who was extremely helpful.  They gave me a couple of tests, personality and skill tests to see what I want do in life.  I scored pretty high on counseling and criminal justice and even showed medical transcription.  Here is what it says about being a medical transcriptionist in Oregon. Wages   Location Pay Period Entry Median Top Oregon Hourly $12.73 (1) $17.00 Monthly $2,206 (1) $2,946 Yearly $ ...

Just A Little Goofiness Today
Jun 25, 2011

Here I sit all broken hearted. Supposed to work and only just started. First job edited and sent away.  Then what happens?  NJA! NJA, oh how can it be? Why must you always do this to me? When the bank comes to tow my car away, I'll just tell them, blame NJA! ...

MD-IT - This Is How I Feel Today
Aug 05, 2010

Hi!  This is how I feel today.  Sometimes my account (not MD-IT) has so much work we are chasing our tail.  However, this week has been really slow so I am looking for a new full-time home and I'll stay with the old place part-time.  To that end,  any word on MD-IT?  I just would like to sit down at X o'clock and put in 7-8 hours and be done.  I really hate babysitting the computer for a dang job???!!!   In here three hours already and only have 200 lines  Thanks for hear ...

Notified Of 12% Pay Cut Today :-(
Aug 13, 2010

I just received notice that my line rate is decreasing 1 cpl.  A year and a half ago it had dropped 1 cpl also... and all as an IC.  This will hurt.  But what to do?  I will stay as it is good work, good management, I know most of the accounts.... some are buggers though.. Only 7-1/2 years until I can retire to at least part time... hope I can survive until then.  No way can I put in anymore hours than I already am.  I am hoping for an after-school babysitting job ...

I Did Have Work Today
Aug 17, 2010

... it ran out. I knew there wouldn't be any more till this evening, if even that, so I dragged out the last two jobs in my queue (not stats) over an hour. Hopefully they will not look at my lph rate for 2-3 PM and think, "70 lines an hour? Well, she can just forget about us putting HER on any cushy account!" Not that it matters now. I am starting work soon with a "busier" company, and hope that I haven't been turned into a tortoise by the extremely low volume and slow pace of wor ...

Cannot Run DocQscribe Today. Has Anyone Else
Sep 09, 2010

I cannot even run my DocQscribe program today.  Waiting for support to call me.  ...