A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medquist workers eligible for federal assistance - Here it is again, in case you did not see this.

Posted: Nov 10, 2009

WEBSITE BELOW

http://newsok.com/medquist-workers-eligible-for-fed-assistance/article/3415214

MedQuist workers eligible for fed assistance

FROM STAFF REPORTS    Comments Comment on this article0
Published: November 7, 2009

The Labor Department report concluded that all MedQuist employees, including those working at home, who became "totally or partially separated from employment” after Aug. 26, 2008, are eligible to apply for the assistance.

Thanks for posting this info n/m - kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x

fed assistance - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
Does anyone have a number to call?

Trade Adjustment Assistance - MT2020

[ In Reply To ..]
Trade Readjustment Allowances

Purpose

TRA - Trade Readjustment Allowances are income support to persons who have exhausted Unemployment Compensation and whose jobs were affected by foreign imports.

Eligibility

The Federal Trade Act provides special benefits under the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program to those who were laid off or had hours reduced because their employer was adversely affected by increased imports from other countries. These benefits include paid training for a new job, financial help in making a job search in other areas, or relocation to an area where jobs are more plentiful. Those who qualify may be entitled to weekly TRA after their unemployment compensation is exhausted.

Filing A Claim

Contact the State Unemployment Insurance agency or One-Stop Employment Service office and ask for information about filing a Petition for Trade Adjustment Assistance. The Petition for Trade Adjustment Assistance must be filed with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL). If DOL approves and certifies the petition, the affected workers will be entitled to file a claim under the TAA program.

If you still need more information, the Department of Labor, Live assistance is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time by calling, 1-866-4-USA-DOL

Oh geez, the petition is already filed and approved. MQ did that. - please sm for better info

[ In Reply To ..]
You won't get ANY assistance unless you qualify for unemployment.

You don't have to be completely unemployed by MQ to get UE, though. If there is not enough work for you to complete your week's commitment, file for UE.

Once you are eligible for UE, your state (if it is one that has a work supply issue - if it isn't, nothing you can do about it), then the people with the TAA/Dislocated Workers Program will be calling you right up. When they see "MedQuist" keyed in on your approved UE paperwork, it auto generates a flag to them.

where were you when i asked for this information - MT202
[ In Reply To ..]
I get so sick of the rude replies you get on this site. Thank you to those of you who reply in a nice way, and to those of you who feel like you need to make others look dumb so you can look superior, get a life!

I was just trying to help. Excuse me!

Similar Messages:

DSGers: I Know We're Eligible To
Feb 17, 2012

sign up for insurance now, but does anyone know if we can also change it during open enrollment in June? ...

Needing Some Assistance Here
Apr 12, 2013

What are the key combinations for immediately getting out of a wrong key, know it has to do with a Z but do not remember the rest of the alt or whatever. Thanks. ...

Education Assistance
May 30, 2013

I am looking to go back to school to train in accounting. I thought I had seen in the past people talking about some education assistance we would be eligible for since work was going overseas (or something along those lines). Does anybody know where to get more information on this? Thanks! ...

COBRA - Would Be Eligible
Dec 27, 2013

Does anyone know if one would be eligible for COBRA or Obamacare if they quit say around February or March, way later than the deadline to sign up for the ACA? ...

TAA - Trade Adjustment Assistance
Jan 06, 2010

this is great news for Mt Laurel New Jersey.  Are there any other offices who have done this?  they actually qualified and that means they have set a precedence.  Everyone who is struggling with Medical Transcription right now either losing their jobs or (sounds like) had their hours cut should check into this... From the website:  TAA Decision 72153 Note: Determinations for this case number, this case number with an alphabetic suffix, and any appeals or amendments ...

MQCentral Employee Assistance
Aug 27, 2010

Has anyone here ever used this "service"?   Just wondering if I should give it a try, I'm feeling at the end of my rope here.  I need this job, a job, and want to be able to handle the new stressors and cope with all these changes in the industry.    I'm not a newbie either, been here through thick and thin over the years, and lately I find myself typing and crying at the same time, feeling so fearful of my future at my age.  Maybe I'm developing some ty ...

Why Is It Only Corporate Employees Are Eligible
Jan 08, 2014

. ...

MTs Aren't Eligible For Choice Plus And Can Only Get The HRA Plan?
Oct 08, 2010

Wow, it doesnt' say on the website that MTs aren't eligible for Choice Plus and can only get the HRA plan.  What a huge disappointment to work 90 days and find that out.  I am super bummed...     ...

How Long Before You Are Eligible For M*Modal Insurance
Apr 19, 2012

Could someone please tell me how long before you are eligible for insurance with this company?  Thank you in advance! ...

Is Anyone Aware Of The Trade Adjustment Assistance Act?
Jun 12, 2012

I just found out about this government program.  From what I understand, it helps those who have lost all or part of their hours/income due to outsourcing of their profession, especially us older workers who need to retrain in order to reenter the workforce in another field.   It looks to me like Medical Transcriptionists should fit their description, and we should be eligible for some funding to get some training!   The catch is, in order to file, you have to have at least 3 pe ...

Dictaphone ExText - Urgent Assistance Pls!
May 27, 2015

Is Windows 7 Home Premium/Word 2010 compatible with this platform?  They say that Windows 7 Professional/Word 2000, 2003, and 2007 are compatible.  Thanks for your expert assistance!  :)  ...

I Only Have Dental And Vision Insurance. Would I Be Eligible For COBRA For Those?
May 05, 2011

I only have dental and vision insurance. Would i be eligible for COBRA for those? ...

Today Is Payday, And I Just Applied For Govt Assistance
Oct 20, 2011

MAJOR VENT.  My paycheck from MQ was deposited into my account today and it just sent me into a panic.  Pay days are NOT supposed to feel like this - they are not supposed to cause you to put your head down on your desk and cry.  They are not supposed to be like this.  For the first time EVER I won't be able to pay my rent.  I'm a single mom, I've worked full-time with MQ for 14 years, I'm an MME (supposedly at the top of my career game) and I can� ...

No Federal Tax Withheld
Feb 04, 2011

Does anyone know why for the year 2010 I didn't have any federal taxes taken out of my pay check.  Did that happen for anyone else from Medquist ?  ...

MQ, Federal Government And Tax Breaks
Mar 13, 2010

After seeing CBay's lovely employee website extolling the awards they will bestoweth upon any Indian who works for them, I was wondering.  Looking at the the enless football field size rooms of computers, (many, many, many computers), desks, chairs, headphones, the brand-new buildings themselves, the exercise room with top notch expensive exericise equipment, the yoga teacher, the buses used to transport them to and from work, the workers hired to drive those buses, the free medi ...

Federal Job Openings In Coding
Mar 02, 2014

There are 34 coding jobs announcements on www.usajobs.gov today. Some are for more than one  position. To see them, search for keyword 0675 and open to federal employees. Looks like 24 of them are open to those who are not yet federal employees.  There are also 11 job announcements for medical record administrators, some of which may be in coding.  To see them, search for 0669.   ...

In The Mail Today I Got A Letter Stating I Was Eligible For A Pell Grant.
Apr 21, 2010

I had to look up what it was because I had never heard of it.  Turns out they are given to poor folks.   I don't know what made them send it to me but it does have my name on it so I know it is for me.   They must know I work at Transcend.  It is only good for vocational training, cannot be for more than one year and must focus on skills necessary for securing entry level employment.  I don't know what direction to go in from here.  I ...

What Happened To The Federal Tax Withholding Post?
Jan 26, 2010

nm ...

Federal Guidelines To Meet For ICs Under HIPAA
Sep 09, 2013

So I passed the BA Agreement, proof of liability insurance and Policies and Procedures with the company, so I may still be able to work as an IC and not an employee, but here is their response: "You must first provide proof that you meet the Federal Guidelines to remain an IC before providing proof of insurance or policies and procedures. You can research this by doing a Google search but these guidelines MUST be met in order to remain an IC." I already also passed the HIPAA training. What e ...

If You Work On VA Or Other Federal Government Med Transcription
Jun 27, 2014

For anyone who currently works for an MTSO that handles VA or other federal government work, you must have employee status and be paid at least the hourly wage determination rate.  The wage determination rate is NOT the same as minimum wage.  It is, in most cases, significantly higher, and each county in every state has their own WDR.  If you are not being paid properly, you can file an ANONYMOUS complaint with the Department of Labor.  If no one complains, these MTSOs will c ...

Wage Theft -- At Federal Level Says This Only
Mar 13, 2015

This is all you get at the Federal level: "No deduction may be made from an employee's wages which would reduce the employee's earnings below the required minimum wage or overtime compensation." You have to look to see what your state says about it to see if docking pay for mistakes comes under wage theft. As we know, they will give you MUP if you fall below minimum wage, so they have covered themselves on that, unless your state says differently. ...

Direct Violations Of Federal Law Subjecting Disabled Employees To
Jul 02, 2014

Big time. I hope HR goes to prison. ...

Execuscribe: Any Info On How They - Ensure Federal Guidelines With Regards To Minimum Wage
Jan 10, 2010

Anyone currently work for or recently just left ExecuScribe have information they would be willing to share about how they pay?  I am curious about the statement they have on their web site.  How do they handle down times (no work, computer/internet not working, etc) to “ensure…federal guidelines with regards to minimum wage and over-time laws”?  Since they require testing with the application, if you are willing, could you also answer the following, so I know ...

MT Subcontractor - Have To Pay Self-employment Taxes In Addition To Federal Income Taxes?
Jun 18, 2011

As a subcontractor performing medical transcription, do I have to pay self-employment taxes in addition to Federal Income Taxes? ...

Any TTS Workers Who...
Feb 23, 2013

work on the account that starts with a B and has 6 letters?  Could you please email me your yahoo messenger ID so we can keep in touch in case I have questions as I have seen the efficiency in which "the team" gets back to me.  I would very much appreciate it.  Thanks. ...

Something We Workers-at-home Need To Consider...
Jan 21, 2010

when I started telecommuting full time.It finally penetrated my consciousness a couple of weeks ago that every year, when it came time to renew my auto insurance policy, I used to get a call from a local agent, and we'd go over the policy, making sure there were no changes. One of the questions was always how many miles did I drive to and from work each day, along with the current odometer reading, and the estimated number of miles driven each year.I haven't gotten one of those calls i ...

Weekend Workers?
Feb 13, 2011

How many of the MTs here work on the weekends? ...

Workers Comp
Apr 21, 2011

Anyone know how to write an appeal letter?  I was denied by the judge, even though my doctor said I have wrist and hand tendinitis due to typing for 16 years.  Wow, i'm devastated, not only am I hurting, but financially a wreck.  Anyway, I am writing an appeal to the board and have no money to visit a lawyer, wondering what goes in an appeal letter.  Any help greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

They Want Third Shift Workers, But....
Dec 12, 2011

So sorry for the rant, but I am so tired of companies wanting us all to cover third shift, but don't want to pay anything extra when we do and if they do it's something like a quarter of a penny, what in the world is that?   I know I shouldn't complain, but this shift is HARD to work, especially when you have little ones.  Just a little frustrated tonight, and I know there are people who have it worse than I do, but I don't have anywhere else to vent.  Thanks ...

Any Acusis Workers Happy There?
Jul 02, 2010

I want to go into this job with an open mind, but I just keep reading horror stories. So can anyone give me positives of working there? ...