A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQCentral Employee Assistance - Burned out or ?

Posted: Aug 27, 2010

Has anyone here ever used this "service"?

Just wondering if I should give it a try, I'm feeling at the end of my rope here.  I need this job, a job, and want to be able to handle the new stressors and cope with all these changes in the industry.  Cry  I'm not a newbie either, been here through thick and thin over the years, and lately I find myself typing and crying at the same time, feeling so fearful of my future at my age.  Maybe I'm developing some type of _________ disorder from working from home too long. 

I did call them about the job stress - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
They didn't really have any useful recommendations, but I used an employee assistance program at another place I worked and I believe I got free counseling.

Employee Assistance - Been There

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you really think they are going to help you? Do you really think they would take your side of the story? I tried this a while back and I was more upset after I contacted them, than before. I just finally had to quit MQ and move on and believe me it has been hard, but I couldn't go on. A friend of mine who has worked for MQ for almost 12 years and is one of the best ever, said her last pay check for two weeks was $632.00. Talk about crying. You can give it a try, but I doubt you will get what you are looking for. Anything to do with that place is going to be biased! Just my thoughts though and from my past experience with trying to deal with anyone there on a human level! You will probably get someone from India to talk to; just like Dell Tehnical Support!!!!

I know how you feel; that's about all I can say. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Assistance - NoWay

[ In Reply To ..]
I wouldn't give them the satisfaction and I wouldn't trust them with anything that I said to them, that it might be used against me. This company is ruthless and does not care about the MTs, that is so evident with every passing day. You would think we were in a prison camp when working for them. Tough it out, make yourself a big drink or take yourself out someplace (that is if you have any money), but prevail in spite of yourself and mostly in spite of them.

I used the EAP for - another problem

[ In Reply To ..]
... about 5 years ago, but not about work stress. The person on the phone was very kind and sympathetic, and we talked for about an hour. The service doing EAP in my area actually wasn't taking new patients, so they connected me with a private therapist who would do the three EAP sessions. The therapist said that her policy was to only accept EAP clients if there was a possibility that they could continue with her if they wished - no sense in the client having to go through their entire history again with a new therapist after seeing her for three visits. So, I saw her for the three visits, and then stayed with her for another few years.

Do not need to know the facts, but do you think - the root problem was working at MQ?NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

EAP - Mental Health MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You really have nothing to lose by calling. They naturally cannot change your work situation but they may have some suggestions for handling the stress or at least guide you to a place where you can get that help.

EAP is staffed by mental health workers or some sort, so you should be able to trust them and not fear they are reporting back to the Q.... that would be illegal.

Similar Messages:

Needing Some Assistance Here
Apr 12, 2013

What are the key combinations for immediately getting out of a wrong key, know it has to do with a Z but do not remember the rest of the alt or whatever. Thanks. ...

Education Assistance
May 30, 2013

I am looking to go back to school to train in accounting. I thought I had seen in the past people talking about some education assistance we would be eligible for since work was going overseas (or something along those lines). Does anybody know where to get more information on this? Thanks! ...

TAA - Trade Adjustment Assistance
Jan 06, 2010

this is great news for Mt Laurel New Jersey.  Are there any other offices who have done this?  they actually qualified and that means they have set a precedence.  Everyone who is struggling with Medical Transcription right now either losing their jobs or (sounds like) had their hours cut should check into this... From the website:  TAA Decision 72153 Note: Determinations for this case number, this case number with an alphabetic suffix, and any appeals or amendments ...

Is Anyone Aware Of The Trade Adjustment Assistance Act?
Jun 12, 2012

I just found out about this government program.  From what I understand, it helps those who have lost all or part of their hours/income due to outsourcing of their profession, especially us older workers who need to retrain in order to reenter the workforce in another field.   It looks to me like Medical Transcriptionists should fit their description, and we should be eligible for some funding to get some training!   The catch is, in order to file, you have to have at least 3 pe ...

Dictaphone ExText - Urgent Assistance Pls!
May 27, 2015

Is Windows 7 Home Premium/Word 2010 compatible with this platform?  They say that Windows 7 Professional/Word 2000, 2003, and 2007 are compatible.  Thanks for your expert assistance!  :)  ...

Medquist Workers Eligible For Federal Assistance
Nov 10, 2009

WEBSITE BELOW http://newsok.com/medquist-workers-eligible-for-fed-assistance/article/3415214 MedQuist workers eligible for fed assistance FROM STAFF REPORTS    Comments 0 Published: November 7, 2009 The Labor Department report concluded that all MedQuist employees, including those working at home, who became "totally or partially separated from employment” after Aug. 26, 2008, are eligible to apply for the assistance. Read more: http://newsok.com/medquist-worke ...

Today Is Payday, And I Just Applied For Govt Assistance
Oct 20, 2011

MAJOR VENT.  My paycheck from MQ was deposited into my account today and it just sent me into a panic.  Pay days are NOT supposed to feel like this - they are not supposed to cause you to put your head down on your desk and cry.  They are not supposed to be like this.  For the first time EVER I won't be able to pay my rent.  I'm a single mom, I've worked full-time with MQ for 14 years, I'm an MME (supposedly at the top of my career game) and I can� ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Anybody Able To Get On MQCentral?
Mar 11, 2011

NM ...

Is Anything Still Up With MQCentral?
Dec 06, 2011

Ever since the work done on the site yesterday I get the "Page cannot be displayed" note when I click on my MQCentral icon on my desktop.  This icon has worked for me forEVER so this is different.  Anyone else having a problem getting on the site this morning?  ...

MQCentral Email
Aug 12, 2010

I can get into MQCentral, but can't get into email.  Anyone else having this problem? ...

Where On MQCentral Is The Pay Schedule?
Aug 22, 2010

Thanks!  I need to know when to expect my direct deposits!      ...

Tried To Log In To MQCentral And It Says No Content Available
Sep 07, 2010

Did anyone else run into this? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Into MQCentral?
Nov 01, 2011

x ...

XXX Emails In My MQCentral Email
Mar 09, 2010

Does anyone else get XXX emails in their MQCentral email. I started getting it about 2 months ago and now everyday when I got in my email, I have at least 3 of emails to delete. I have accidentally deleted important emails because of this. I called support when it first happened as I saw it as a HIPPA infraction as I had assumed that MQCentral was a secure website. He told me that someone with my Medquist email address in their computer looks as these sites and that is how I've been getting ...

DQscribe/manage/MQcentral
May 12, 2010

I can't log in to DQscribe or Manage or MQ Central.  I can get in to TeamWork though.  ...

Doesn't MQ Usually Have Contests On MQCentral For
May 17, 2010

Maybe I am not looking in the right spot on MQ Central, but has anyone seen any contests going on?? ...

MQCentral Login Problems?
Sep 23, 2010

Anybody having problems logging into MQ Central today? I just put my username and password in the blanks as usual, and an error message came up as   "EJPAK0004W: Login failed. Please enter a valid user ID and password."    No caps lock on or anything of that sort. ...

Anyone Able To Open MQCentral Or QCare Yet? NM
Sep 24, 2010

nm ...

Need Mqcentral Login Link Please
Nov 08, 2010

nm ...

Tired Of Not Getting Into MQCentral... Ridiculous Sm
Nov 30, 2010

This is ridiculous.  We are told that to get the measley 15 mins on our time for NJA to get ticket, send Email and put in Schedule Source timesheet alert to manager message.  Do NOT stay logged in to check for jobs.   Now quite frankly half the time I cannot even get QCare to come up, and definitely MQCentral on the My Community part is asinine acting.    I do clock out when getting NJA, but sometimes I have stayed in DQS to see when jobs come in.   S ...

NJA Policy On MQCentral - Need Help Finding Sm
May 31, 2011

Can someone point me to the actual policy on MQCentral regarding NJA? I can't find it and I would like to review it.  I thought it would be under Policy and Process, but I haven't seen anything. Thanks!     ...

Trouble Getting E-mail On MQCentral
Sep 01, 2011

Tweetie--you Are Still Accessible On MQcentral Email
Feb 18, 2010

Dunno if that is good/bad news.  I just checked at 3:30 am CT and somebody still thinks you work here. ...

Are DocQScribe/MQCentral Running SLOW
Aug 31, 2010

My tiny little dictations are taking way too long to download, and one just came to a complete halt in the middle of the sound file download, preventing me from finishing the document.  Came to a screaming halt.  Also, can't get into MQCentral.  Anyone else? ...

Anyone Having Problems With Reading Email On Mqcentral?nm
Oct 28, 2011

x ...

On MQCentral Home Page Check Out The Video
Nov 11, 2011

on youtube with Vern Davenport.  When you're on the youtube page click on the Speech Understanding Video.mov on the right and watch that video.  Say goodbye to your jobs! ...

AAMT Book Of Style On MQCentral Maze??
Mar 19, 2014

Sent a new computer and I can't find AAMT Book of Style in MQCentral.  Does anyone happen to know where it is in the maze??? ...

Wondering If Any Other MQers Are Having Trouble Logging Into MQCentral Email?
May 06, 2010

x ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...