A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MedQuist cuts pay in half - Happy Holidays! - befuddled

Posted: Nov 30, 2011

MedQuist ate up AllType and spit out the Radiology MTs. They have cut our pay in half, and just in time for Christmas! I guess instead of saying Happy Holidays, we will be screaming Homeless for the Holidays. And the "Manager" won't even respond to emails. This company does not care at all about its employees and is pure evil.

This is business, of course they dont care. Keep after - the manager, tho, bombard her with emails. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Wel feel for you, but we have been making half - for several years now.

[ In Reply To ..]
Not only is it devastating financially, but eats at your very self-esteem to be making what you did in 1990. Very sorry.

heard the horror stories... - befuddled

[ In Reply To ..]
I had heard the horror stories, but when we heard they were being acquired, I decided I would not pay attention and judge them by my experience. BIG MISTAKE! I should have run then. And they didn't even inform us of the pay cut until two days AFTER it went into effect. How can they stay in business and keep buying more and more companies when they have such a reputation that no one wants to work for them, and how do they expect anyone to want to go over and above when they are treated like something they scraped off of the bottom of their shoes?

Am sure an atty would get you that 2 days reg pay. - But most dont want to bother with SM

[ In Reply To ..]
going that route. And THAT is why they get away with it, cause you all let them. Shame on you. And no excuses why "you cant" and "they dont" and "but they" Get proactive or be quiet.

ewwww - y b so nasty mr. grinch

[ In Reply To ..]
Why dont you be quiet?
Because I am sick of my sister MT letting themselve be - victimized. YOU hush up and get proactive. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
That get some tact - and do it right
[ In Reply To ..]
Your AGRESSIVE and REPULSIVE attitude is no way to treat people who are already being treated like crap!

You dont shove a treadmill in the face of a fat kid and scream RUN, RUN to get results.

You need to inspire people, not DEMAND.

Go take a class on being assertive and HELPFUL, not disrespectful.
Tact hasnt helped. Would fat kid get on treadmill if - if you said, please honey, you sm
[ In Reply To ..]
are a little chubby. You might want to think about getting on this treadmill. But if you dont, I understand and sympathize. NO, he wouldnt. Often takes a kick in the pants to get someone off their duff to do what they need to do. Maybe you should be paying MT victims bills since you are such a bleeding heart.
If your so proactive - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
just what the hell are you doing trolling our board?
A difference of opinion does not constitute a troll and furthermore - Isnt it against MTStars rules to use that term?
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe accusations of being a troll are against the forum rules, as is cursing, both of which are contained in your post. The person you are addressing has used neither troll nor profanity to express her thoughts.

Just sayin...
Well, technically... - Just sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
The fat kid and treadmill analogy is precisely what they do in boot camp to make men/women out of the boys/girls. Coddling is ineffective (and enabling).

As far as "inspiring" some of these posters, that is usually met with multiple accusations of being a liar or a suit, so "inspiration" is, by and large, not welcome by some posters on these boards, unless the poster attempting to inspire enjoys the barrage of insults hurled at them for daring to be happy or successful. Not just on this board, but pretty much across all boards on this site.

So, not taking sides here, but your euphenism regarding the treadmill was off the mark, and I think those of us who are happy have chosen to refrain from "inspirational" posting lest we be targeted as being the infamous "suit" and the entire thread dissolves into an accusatory free-for-all.

Sometimes you just have to take off the kid gloves and stop sugarcoating things to get any type of proactive reaction from certain people. Not all people, just certain ones.

how does one afford an attorney? - befuddled

[ In Reply To ..]
how does one afford an attorney when one is now making below the poverty level?
There are pro bono atty for the poor. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
whatever hot shot - you know jack
[ In Reply To ..]
Try and find a pro bono attorney to fight for a couple of bucks owed.

You are very thick.
But if you're only owed "a couple of bucks" why all the outrage? - Doesnt make sense
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand. I thought the objection was to having one's pay slashed in half (I believe that was the way it was described).

Am I missing something here? No snark intended, just a serious and honest question so I know what exactly is being discussed.

answer to your question - my opinion matters

[ In Reply To ..]
They stay in business because people need jobs, and the Q (as horrible as it is), still pays more than the other MTSOs becuase they all have to underbid what the Q does to get some work. Then, when they cannot afford to compete with the squid... they get eaten alive and the poor employees (like yourself), get burped up like some horrible indigestion.

You will stay and suffer with the rest of us pond scum becuase your self esteem will be stripped and you will soon come to realize you are not worth squat, you cannot find another job, and you will go above and beyond to keep any paycheck in this dismal economy.

GO Q.

Amen -- that's why I am here. Applied other - places

[ In Reply To ..]
and been on a couple of interviews, but this is all I know. Yes, flamers, I am in school as we speak, got a final on Thursday.

Dear Befuddled - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
You sound exactly like me. When the sQuid came calling I too came on here and read all the "bad stuff." Ha, slackers, lazy butts, unable to cut the mustard all of them I thought. Then the bad things started happening to me and to the other MTs I had worked with for years.... Regret my MT days are over, used to love walking down my hall to work....but yes, I wish I had run, and had I known what was ahead I would have fled full speed ahead! Good luck to all...

1/2 pay - aggravated

[ In Reply To ..]
Could you tell me how to check our pay rate since it is not on the pay stub? I knew nothing about a pay cut. Thanks for the info in advance.

It is not so much of a pay cut, but between the - horrible ASR

[ In Reply To ..]
at 60% of your cpl and getting switched from account to account and being audited to death, pay drops approximately 50%. I still make my same line rate (for the past 8 years), but making less money. Used to do 1600 lines per day typing, now struggle to get the required 1200 (at 60%).

changes in way being paid - befuddled

[ In Reply To ..]
For us, it was a change from being paid by the line to being paid per report. On this account, there is rarely a report below 3 minutes, so a report that we would have gotten paid $3 or $4 for, we now get paid $1.25.

they also - befuddled

[ In Reply To ..]
They also put some of their own people on the account, so we also now, not only make less, but sit for hours with no work at all, when we used to be extremely busy and never ran out of work.

welcome to the Q - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That is precisely what everyone has been saying, and to any further buy out, you are not special and you will be treated in the same fashion.

pay cut - aggravated

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info. I've been with them 9 years and only get 1.12 per report!

I know, right? - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
It really makes me shake my head ... it's something I really just don't understand. These employees get bought and paid for like a herd of sheep and they believe every single work Medquist tells them about "your accounts will stay the same", "your pay will stay the same", "everything will be juuuuuust fiiiiiine" despite countless, innumerable people having come to this very board in the exact same situation, finding themselves shocked out of their minds that Medquist would DARE cut THEIR pay in half. Why do they expect things to be ANY different when it's Medquist's MO to buy companies, buy its employees, dump their accounts and those employees into the general pool? Guys, YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT. You're not special to Medquist and you are NOT going to keep working on your old accounts for much longer and God knows the days of making a decent living are gone forever - you will be lucky now to make minimum wage. If you are a single parent you're screwed, you might consider finding another job to support yourself because you will NOT be able to do it on Medquist wages alone.

For crying out loud I really don't understand how many times does it take Lucy to pull the football out from Charlie Brown before people realize they are no different from the thousands of employees that have come before them who have ALL had their wages cut in half and who have ALL lost their old accounts. This is your new reality guys ... WAKE UP!

This is what happens to your work ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
One of two things happen to good accounts once MQ takes them over: Either they get tossed in the "general pool" like a piece of meat for the rest of the pack to scavage from or they get shipped off to India because those employees are the "alpha dogs" and they get the fillet mignon while the rest of us pick bones from the scraps they leave behind.

Congratulations, you've now joined the ranks of the minimum wage Medquist workers.

Their own people?? We are all their own people. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

no, we are not indian - whitie

[ In Reply To ..]
just sayin
If you work for MQ, you are an MQ person. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
just keep telling yourself that - blind one
[ In Reply To ..]

They are nicknamed the evil Q - SuzyQ

[ In Reply To ..]
I do feel for you though. They always manage for us to have happy holidays.

.... - befuddled

[ In Reply To ..]
i guess i should have phrased that differently, they put more people on an account that wasn't broken...i guess i am a medquist person now, just makes my skin crawl to say it...i knew there would be changes, i just really didn't think they would be this heartless, and do this right before the holidays and with no notice...thank you all for listening to me vent and whine...

But ... it's not an INDIAN holiday ... - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
What most people keep forgetting is that Medquist is a completely Indian-owned company now. They don't celebrate our holidays. Destroying our income and ruining our holiday means absolutely *nothing* to them.

To suits, if it is bought out acct, it is broken. They fix it - in their own "special" way. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

befuddled - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
I am sorry this happened to you. I had the same thing happen when MQ ate the company I worked for. The nitwit, er, I mean, manager, we had would never return calls and later said it was because she "had run out of minutes." Well, I ran out of patience and quit. These folks are beyond evil. I believe in what goes around comes around and I am waiting for their karma to catch them.

Business personality disorder - Employees pay cuts/Demotions at financially challening timees for US - alphamt

[ In Reply To ..]
Must be some psych-motivated business model for dealing blows to employee pay. Same with new program - a preholiday surprise which can make production difficult for holidays.

Time will show that mediocrity will become an issue as more really good employees leave, and as medicine gets more complicated and demanding (via Federal law).

Medquist stinks - ohboy

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know how they have ANY employees.

Similar Messages:

Is Today One Of The Line And A Half Rate Holidays?
Jan 21, 2013

I've been searching the MModal website and cannot find the list of holidays that pay rate and a half. ...

MedQuist Cost Cuts Lift Profit 7 Percent
May 13, 2010

MedQuist said it reduced employee head count last year and lowered transcription costs by increasing its use of speech recognition technology. = employees took the loss while they got the gain! (Courier Post) ...

Happy Holidays To All
Dec 18, 2010

I don't post here often but do read.  No matter what our differences or opinions when it comes to MQ, we all have it in common and sometimes it's just nice to know that you are all there with that common bond.  So, thank you and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and a bright new year.  Jaybee ...

Never Got So Much As A Happy Holidays From The Q.
Jan 06, 2011

I don't need some gift (that wasn't worth the money they paid postage on). It just would have been nice to at least send out a company email wishing us a happy holidays. That would have only cost them the money it would have taken some salaried person to type it up and sned it out which is really nothing as that person would have been paid whether they did that or not. Guess 'cause we're an Indian company and that is not one of their holidays. What would have been appreci ...

Happy Holidays Everybody!
Dec 19, 2012

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to everybody and hope they have a great time and a great holiday! This was our first time decorating and shopping as well as sending cards and stuff in over 7 years due to severe pain and financial issues. It feels so good to do normal things during the holiday this year, although it took numerous doctors appointments to do so. I felt so good when my cousin emailed me that my grandma was searching her mailbox everyday and nobody had sent a card yet, but me... s ...

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Dec 26, 2012

I hope all of you have a nice holiday with your family.  I know times can be hard, especially with work, but keep in mind that family is important and enjoy them while you can cause you never know when that will change in a just a moment.  I hope your new year will be better for all of us.  I wish for work for everyone.  hugs for all of you! ...

Just Got My First Happy Holidays From A Dictator
Nov 22, 2010

It's the little things that make a difference in your day. ...

Not Even A Happy Holidays From MModal
Dec 24, 2013

This company really bites.  Not even a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays from the upper management.  Hope you all have a great couple days even if you have to work and a Happy New Year! ...

YAY!!!! It's My Last Day! Happy Holidays And Best Wishes To All MTS! NM
Dec 24, 2014

xxxxxxxx ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Dec 23, 2014

Everyone have a safe and hopefully happy holiday!     (Sorry, wanted to spread cheer on this board today).  ...

Anyone Happy At Medquist
Jun 16, 2010

Im do to start work with MQ Monday.  Is anyone happy there.  Ive have over 15 years experience and all the other companies were actually insulting with the offers, or only had IC, or never called back.  Please tell me someone is making money there. ...

Anyone Happy At Medquist Currently?
Jan 03, 2012

The reason I ask is that I am currently an IC with another company that is only paying a lousy .065 after being with them for 1-1/2 years.  I'm also an RMT for what it's worth. Medquist just made me an offer as a part-time employee (they call it tier 3 -- I presume this is level 3 being referred to in other MT posts?) working 24 hours/week.  My hours seem fairly decent, and since my cpl rate is higher than my current IC job, it is a nice bump up in salary since Medquist pres ...

New To MedQuist Via ETransPlus, Is Anyone Happy Here?
Oct 09, 2011

I am new to MedQuist via the eTransPlus buyout.  Reading all these posts is truly scary.  I know people that are rather happy tend not to post as much (hopefully they are too busy working!), but is anyone, I mean ANYONE, happy or at least not ready to jump off a tall building working for MedQuist?  I am trying hard not to panic just yet, but it is getting harder!  So, does anyone have anything positive (even kinda sorta) to say about MedQuist? Thanks! ...

How To You Transcribe This: Half 1% Lidocaine And Half Percent Marcaine.
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

Time And A Half Or Line And A Half Tomorrow
Jul 03, 2013

x ...

How Would You Type "half And Half 1% Lidocaine"
Oct 15, 2013

MRI With Iec Cuts?
Feb 12, 2010

We will obtain MRI with iec cuts on the right. ...

MQ PAY CUTS - WHERE DO WE GO?
Aug 15, 2011

I am currently at the top of MME pay scale, where I just took a 13% pay cut.  My question is where can I go from here? ...

Pay Cuts
Feb 12, 2015

Is there anyone else in any other capacity besides transcriptionists at Nuance who are getting their pay cut because they make a mistake? ...

Keystrokes Pay Cuts
Aug 31, 2011

Don't know why you all talk about 2 pay cuts when actually we have had pay cuts from them for years.  How many have gotten a "cost of living" raise from them over the years or even a raise? ...

Nuance And Pay Cuts
Jan 05, 2013

Nuance has gobbled up my company and I now have a $400 a month pay cut with their line rates - we all do!   Can anyone recommend a stable company to try? ...

Curious About Proscript MTs And How You Are Doing After All The Cuts. Sm
Mar 02, 2010

I am quite depressed to tell you the truth.   Just curious how many of you have stayed or moved on.   I am thinking of moving on. ...

Pay Cuts For Salaried Employees
Mar 10, 2010

So, since we have gone to nearly all ASR, and have taken a pay cut of 40% basically, I think it's time that burden be shared by all employees equally.  I think it's time we hear that ALL employees have received a decrease in pay over what they made say 5 years ago.  I will even be fair, since we have the CHANCE to make it up in production supposedly, and say just cut salaried employees pay by 25% instead of 40%, just so we can all be in this together.   Before anybody ...

Meridian Healthcare Pay Cuts
May 18, 2011

Is this common practice?  I've worked for them for 7 years and now they are cutting our pay?  I havent had a raise in those 7 years, and inflation just so happens to be raising all my gas bills, grocery, clothes, and utility bills... but i should take a pay cut?   Is there ANY good company to work for out there that will pay 11 cpl or more ?  I mean for heavens sake, I've got about 15 years experience... i'm not asking for more than mere chump change, but the ...

Pay Cuts. See Inside Message
Jul 11, 2011

I think it is time for some complaints to state and federal labor boards.  It is ILLEGAL  for the Q to cut us to below the Federal minumum wage.  ...

Across The Board Pay Cuts Dropped My Pay From Avg 9.51 Hr To 7.30 Hr.
Aug 08, 2011

and I've been doing this for over 20 years!  Used to make $18 per hour doing the same thing for the same company.   Going back to school and getting the heck out of this business.  ...

How Long Does It Take For The Possible Pay Cuts To Start After
Oct 14, 2011

a buy-out by MQ and how much of a pay cut is the usual?  Any insight would be appreciated.  Contemplating a job change but would have to take a pay cut of about $50.00 a week.  ...

OSI Bought By Nuance - Pay Cuts?
Nov 13, 2011

WMX employees are notified we will find out pay adjustments to be made as we blend in with Nuance sometime in November.  Sucks... Just at holiday time.  Can you tell us, did they stick it to everyone down to the 8 and 4 cents per line?  We have found out about insurance, but like every other company the insurance is high.  We are just waiting to find out about pay.  If they cut people make 9 or 10 cents per line down to 8 there are going to be some ticked off tooties. ...

Medscribe Florida Pay Cuts
Jul 04, 2012

I saw posts on here about Medscribe pay cuts and really didn't believe it until it happened to me.  They lost their 2 biggest accounts, so what do you do, you cut the employees' pay who were bringing in the income.  I only know of the one account they lost because it happened to be the one I worked on and my income went literally to 0.  THEN when they finally decided to put me on another account, they cut my pay.  Stick a fork in me.  Once again, the greed in t ...

Questions Regarding Underemployment Due To Pay Cuts. Sm
Oct 03, 2012

Wondering if anyone has thoughts on this subject.  My state does allow filing for UNDERemployment due to wage cuts.  However, in the past when my employer was bought out and wages were cut, I did not realize this was an option.  If it should happen in the future, does the employee just decline the offer of a job from the new company and then is fired and then file for under-employment or take the job and file for under-employment?  I doubt they would lay you off.  Thanks ...