A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FIESA/PERCENT TO QA - Freebie

Posted: Jul 21, 2013

If we are having 100% to QA then we never have to send anything to QA again because the QA people are going to QA it anyway so will we still be evaluated on our percent to QA scores? 

percent to QC is what matters, not QA - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
if you pend for blanks or w/e you are pending to QC -- that is what affects your bonus %. The # or percent of reports QA runs on you is insignificant to the bonus (the % that is, not whether or not they find "errors" - those count against your quality %).

And those figures are faked. I sent exactly 3 - blanks to QC during

[ In Reply To ..]
the last pay period, 2 weeks. The first week my percentage to QC was 0%, so I thought I'd have a pretty good chance at a bonus, right? The last week of the pay period, my percentage to QC jumped to 13+%!!! On THREE blanks. I couldn't believe it. I'm asking about it but the last time I asked about the same problem, they told me that I needed to start keeping track of how many blanks I send in. So, I did. Three. Wonder what they will tell me this time?

how QC percent is calculated - blank this

[ In Reply To ..]
QC percentage is not figured on blanks...it's figured on LINES that are in the entire report versus LINES total. For example, let's keep it simple and say you edit 1000 lines total for the week. You also have one report you pend to QC with one blank, but that report is 200 lines total, so 200/1000 lines were pended, which equals 20% of your lines to QC. This is beyond ridiculous, of course, as it's not your fault that your one blank happened to be in a 200-line report and you should be commended that you were able to do the other 199 lines without blanks! This policy definitely needs to be reevaluated.
I guess I meant QA then? - I was told by my
[ In Reply To ..]
manager that down at the bottom of our time cards, the chart that shows Total Lines, QA Accuracy, QC Percent, and Incentive...the QC Percent is solely based on how many blanks we turn in. That average for me jumps from 0% to 13% in ONE week. It's jumped around every week now for 2 months. It even went up as high as 21% a few weeks ago and I rarely send any blanks in at all. She even told me to start keeping track of how many blanks I send in, to better monitor that percentage rate.
Nope...QC percentage is figured on the - amount of reports you
[ In Reply To ..]
send in to QC. It's not figured on lines or anything to do with lines (per MY TSM). It's directly related to the amount of reports you pend to QC (with blanks).
Are you serious? That one report with 1 blank? - FedUP
[ In Reply To ..]
Is what makes up my 13%. That SUCKS.

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know What Percent
Aug 10, 2011

Now we know that Medquist offshores half of its work.  Does anyone know for sure what percentage of US transcription Medquist has? ...

20-ish Percent
Sep 19, 2011

How is "20-ish percent" transcribed? ...

Percent To QC? - Sm
Oct 07, 2013

I was thinking it was less than 5% to QC but I found something written down where I had less than 10%, with qa greater than 99% for bonus can something tell me?  ...

Grams Percent
Apr 29, 2010

Here is the dictated sentence. Her anemia had improved to 10 grams percent. How would you type that? 10 g%. doesn't look right. I typed it just like above but need confirmation for future dictations. Thanks ...

Now According To QA You Have To Have 99.5 Percent Accuracy
Mar 01, 2013

Are they kidding? Who has 99.5% accuracy every audit.  This is the new Mmodal accuracy rule. Sounds like they are trying to weed out that is for sure.  You would have to be a robot to get this accuracy every single time you transcribe. ...

QA Hourly Or Not 100 Percent Review?
Nov 15, 2010

Anyone know who hires QA hourly or is not 100 percent review? If so, what is the hourly rate? Company info such as ins would be greatly appreciated! I have 5 1/2 years exp in QA if that makes a difference. Thanks so much! ...

Average Percent Response
Jul 29, 2013

I have applied to 2 companies from the ads here recently. Did not hear a word from either.  Would like to know what the average rate of response other MTs have had when submitting applications and passing tests. I have lots of exp and frankly pretty surprised not to hear anything at all.   ...

How Would One Type Less Than One Twentieth Of A Percent
Dec 07, 2013

The size of the aneurysm is small, only 3 mm, and therefore, the risk as described would be fairly low, lower than 1% or even lower than one twentieth of a percent.   I am lost on this. TIA if anyone knows :)   ...

Percent Sign Around An ASR Report
Mar 25, 2015

I did an ASR report and there was a word that had a preceding and trailing percent sign, ie %medication%, is this someone's form of a QA marker? I've also seen Dx at the beginning of sentences. ...

How Does A 1.0 Major Error Result In 5 Percent Off?
Jan 22, 2015

I had a horrible dictation, could barely hear and therefore, according to the auditor, I missed where he said "white" female and left it out.  They marked it as 1.0 major error and gave me a percentage of 95 percent! Cannot wait to find another job more fun and certainly more rewarding!!! ...

130 Percent Profit But Cannot Give Raises.
May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate.  ...

MedQuist Cost Cuts Lift Profit 7 Percent
May 13, 2010

MedQuist said it reduced employee head count last year and lowered transcription costs by increasing its use of speech recognition technology. = employees took the loss while they got the gain! (Courier Post) ...

Help! Nephrology Report: UA Shows S/l 100 "mg Percent" Protein? Not Sure About This. Nm
Dec 08, 2010

.. ...

How To You Transcribe This: Half 1% Lidocaine And Half Percent Marcaine.
Apr 22, 2010

x ...

S/L Monocyte Percent 12.8 And "absolute Monofil" 0.9.
Feb 11, 2011

Anyone heard of "absolute monofil or absolute monophyl"?  (lab section) Thanks, Abby ...

S/l Random Blood Sugar 110 Mg "percent"
Nov 28, 2011

s/l mg "percent" how is this written? thanks. ...

So They Audit "1 To 2 Percent" Of Our Lines...
Feb 03, 2015

to get an accurate measurement of any one MT's work!!!  This is true whether the MT ends up with 98% (failing and getting 8 cents or less per line) or 100% (getting top line rate. If you produce 10,000 lines per PP, that's only 100 to 200 lines out of ALL 10,000 lines!!!  And WORST OF ALL, having a range of lines they audit (1 to 2%) gives them the leeway to manipulate things even more.  For example, if they do 1% of your lines and your score is 100 ...

Softscript - Audit Nastygrams, QA Percent Nasty Grams, Line Count Nasty Grams
Oct 22, 2011

One after another, audit nastygrams, QA percent nasty grams, line count nasty grams.  They never end.   Supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit.  Supervisors aren't smart enough to acknowledge why that is and manage it better.  Never ends. Yes supervisors pissed and surprised MTs don't show up and MTs quit and aren't smart enough to figure out their contribution to it all.  Neverending accounts of nasty grams from all corners and supervis ...

FIESA???
Apr 20, 2012

Can you tell me what this stands for? ...

Fiesa BS
Jul 26, 2012

How frigging nitpicky can they be???? Whatever it takes to keep you below 99%.  If they can keep you below 98 you will feel your job is in danger and be ever so grateful to continue employment with this fantastic family-friendly company . (Gag, puke).  Wrong word, wrong spelling, wrong format -- okay.  But REALLY!!!   ...

Why Did I Look At FIESA????
Aug 26, 2012

I knew I shouldn't have looked at my FIESA from Saturday but I did.  Majority are 100% so for that I am grateful but THEN there are the others where you are marked off for stuff that make no sense and then there are the stupid errors that I did and will own up to and wonder where my brain was when I was typing - I think my brain was so worried about being marked off for every little thing that I honestly can't concentrate sometimes like I need to. ...

FIESA...
Sep 14, 2012

I know we complain and complain about this on here and we fight and argue with the TLs about this...I was marked off half a point for EACH blank that I left on a dictation that the tape cut out.  The only explanation from QA was that "it was clearly understood".  I am just wondering how it was clearly understood.  I went back and listened to the tape and sure enough where I had blanks, the tape was cutting out.  So why am I being marked off for blanks.  Then on a few ot ...

How Do You Get To FIESA. Got A Log-in Name And
Dec 31, 2012

password, but no info as to where to sign in.   TIA! ...

FIESA B.S.
May 30, 2013

Okay, first quarter FIESA reviewed about 80 reports of mine and I actually got my incentive.  Now for this quarter, I am wavering on not getting my incentive with a 98.88 and for the past few weeks they have not reviewed a single one of my reports.  I smell something fishy.  This whole FIESA thing is to a) review enough reports a quarter so you fall below 99 and then b) if you are below 99, stop reviewing reports so you are stuck there with no chance to bring it up!  How fric ...

ANOTHER FIESA LIE
Jun 28, 2013

our post-audit reports are randomly pulled.  If you score high enough to get the bonus, your reports are gone through by the hatchet queens in India until they can find a report they can "audit" to bring you below 99%.  If you are kicked back to 98.99%, they still meet their contract requirements to the client, and Nuance does not have to pay you a bonus.  ...

Fiesa/QA/QC
Jul 22, 2013

I feel that all this crap is a plan to get rid of more US MTs.  They can show clients how our "Quality fails" and how they cannot get good help in the US and even the clients who want US workers will have to allow it to be shipped out.  JMO ...

Need FIESA Help - Sm
Sep 09, 2013

I almost always get my critical errors on one particular doctor who I think I understand and then it turns out I miss something.  I think there is a way to do a report on critical errors and see if I can trend the dictator but I can't figure out how.  Does anybody know?  And before you tell me to ask my TSM I did but as usual never got an answer. ...

FIESA AND QA- SM
Oct 08, 2013

Much as I dislike FIESA and all this QA, what I really hate is finding out I've been typing something WRONG for 30 years.  The only thing I can say for myself is some QA decades ago filled it in for me and I didn't look it up.  Been typing Campo's fascia instead of Camper's fascia. Took a 1-point post-audit hit on it, too.  Shakes me up, what else have I been doing wrong for 30 years?  And will it knock me out of bonus territory next quarter... ...

FIESA Again
Nov 22, 2013

I just got a post-audit review with 4 points deducted for 1 critical and 1 major error that were made by QA1 after I submitted a report with blanks by the dictator from hell. I'm so mad and all the things you can imagine, not to mention I'm sitting here bawling from total frustration. ...

FIESA IS DOWN, TOO
Dec 17, 2013

NM ...