A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Now according to QA you have to have 99.5 percent accuracy - nom

Posted: Mar 01, 2013

Are they kidding? Who has 99.5% accuracy every audit.  This is the new Mmodal accuracy rule. Sounds like they are trying to weed out that is for sure.  You would have to be a robot to get this accuracy every single time you transcribe.

yep - they keep raising the bar

[ In Reply To ..]
but not for India. India's accuracy requirements are much lower than ours. Tell you something?

Yep..tells me that we are discriminated against that is for sure - nom

[ In Reply To ..]
Easy way to get rid of people without having to pay unemployment..that is what it tells me.

This would make a good discrimination case & easily proven. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
So why dont we finally ban together and file a - class action?
[ In Reply To ..]
They totally discriminate on many things. They get bonuses. They dont have performance management. They certainly dont have to keep punching in and out all day like we do.
Band together? Yeah, that is going to happen. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
This board shows such a complete lack of civilized behavior by a large majority of the posters, that a banding together for any common cause is highly unlikely.
Oh, if somebody filed it & people thought - they had a shot at getting some money
[ In Reply To ..]
you'd see banding together the likes of which you'd never seen before.
We don't need to band together to file a lawsuit - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If the attorney determines that the discrimination was against most of the employees, they'll just file it as a class action suit.

That rule must vary by account. I was told recently - 99% accuracy. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not sure, was told today that it was a new policy - nom

[ In Reply To ..]
100% right around the corner

I was told a few days ago it was 99%. Must depend on account. NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I don't care - I will do the best I can

[ In Reply To ..]
If they can't live with my 99.4 or whatever I just don't care anymore.

Agree completely - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
My division still has 99%, but how easy that is to get can vary. Like this last quality audit was of the best doctors possible and I got a good score. The last time it was terrible dictators and I failed. Either way I don't care. I do the best I can with what I'm given. If I'm given garbage, they get back polished garbage, but garbage nonetheless.

I've baffled a couple of bosses/QAs in the past by being so aloof. I always show up for my scheduled shift. I've only failed to get my lines on two accounts out of the hundred or so I've done, but didn't sweat it when I couldn't and told them why. A couple times I've failed at a quality audit and they don't get why I don't worry about it. On one hand I'm a reliable employee, but on the other hand their scare tactics have no effect on me. And I'm not bluffing. I just don't care if they fire me. My self-respect is certainly worth more than this job. This job is so insanely stressful just getting through each terrible ESL report after another that I just can't bring myself to worry about keeping it.

Besides, it's impossible to keep it. I'm not in India or a machine, so my employment was doomed from the start.

If they actually do an audit - It has been years for me

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't matter what the accuracy percentage is if they don't do audits and don't enforce the consequences when you fail. Look through the report lookup on Fluency and you will see what I mean. They used to do audits when you were eligible for a raise. Now they just do them it seems if they are trying to fire you and are looking for a reason.

Man I love the consistency in this company. I am so glad that there are standards in place so everyone gets audited the same. (dripping with sarcasm).

I have an acct where audits are done once a week per facility - mona

[ In Reply To ..]
at least that it was I was told. The facility requires the audits per contract.

What about 99.5% on the incoming dictation? - RidiculousExpectations

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone every stop to consider that we are not Bumblestiltskins, we cannot spin dictation garbage into gold?

Frankly, I'm tired of being on the whipping post for things I have no control over. Very shortly, they can color me GONE from this industry. I'm thinking dumpster diving and resale of repurposed items would be a better living and probably less stressful.

I totally agree with - you.

[ In Reply To ..]
I do not know how many times our QA (she is really great) told us to slow down and proof more or double check ADT, but do they realize slowing down means even less money than you already make. If you want perfect then you need to pay the wage for perfect and maybe then you will get it.

Yep, it's speed, quality, price. Pick 2. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Know What Percent
Aug 10, 2011

Now we know that Medquist offshores half of its work.  Does anyone know for sure what percentage of US transcription Medquist has? ...

20-ish Percent
Sep 19, 2011

How is "20-ish percent" transcribed? ...

Percent To QC? - Sm
Oct 07, 2013

I was thinking it was less than 5% to QC but I found something written down where I had less than 10%, with qa greater than 99% for bonus can something tell me?  ...

Grams Percent
Apr 29, 2010

Here is the dictated sentence. Her anemia had improved to 10 grams percent. How would you type that? 10 g%. doesn't look right. I typed it just like above but need confirmation for future dictations. Thanks ...

FIESA/PERCENT TO QA
Jul 21, 2013

If we are having 100% to QA then we never have to send anything to QA again because the QA people are going to QA it anyway so will we still be evaluated on our percent to QA scores?  ...

QA Hourly Or Not 100 Percent Review?
Nov 15, 2010

Anyone know who hires QA hourly or is not 100 percent review? If so, what is the hourly rate? Company info such as ins would be greatly appreciated! I have 5 1/2 years exp in QA if that makes a difference. Thanks so much! ...

Average Percent Response
Jul 29, 2013

I have applied to 2 companies from the ads here recently. Did not hear a word from either.  Would like to know what the average rate of response other MTs have had when submitting applications and passing tests. I have lots of exp and frankly pretty surprised not to hear anything at all.   ...

How Would One Type Less Than One Twentieth Of A Percent
Dec 07, 2013

The size of the aneurysm is small, only 3 mm, and therefore, the risk as described would be fairly low, lower than 1% or even lower than one twentieth of a percent.   I am lost on this. TIA if anyone knows :)   ...

Percent Sign Around An ASR Report
Mar 25, 2015

I did an ASR report and there was a word that had a preceding and trailing percent sign, ie %medication%, is this someone's form of a QA marker? I've also seen Dx at the beginning of sentences. ...

How Does A 1.0 Major Error Result In 5 Percent Off?
Jan 22, 2015

I had a horrible dictation, could barely hear and therefore, according to the auditor, I missed where he said "white" female and left it out.  They marked it as 1.0 major error and gave me a percentage of 95 percent! Cannot wait to find another job more fun and certainly more rewarding!!! ...

130 Percent Profit But Cannot Give Raises.
May 29, 2015

I listened to the meeting. At least I get paid my hourly rate.  ...

MedQuist Cost Cuts Lift Profit 7 Percent
May 13, 2010

MedQuist said it reduced employee head count last year and lowered transcription costs by increasing its use of speech recognition technology. = employees took the loss while they got the gain! (Courier Post) ...

98% Accuracy
Sep 30, 2011

I find it ironic that ad after ad on the job boards here and others on those pathetic Indian websites that go on and on about wanting only the best, blah, blah, and 98% accuracy, when their are typos throughout their ads, and we pay beggar wages to boot! ...

Just Under 99% Accuracy
Oct 24, 2012

I've made lots of 100% accuracy scores, but I just saw that I made a 3.0 Critical error on a VR dictation at Nuance.  It was where the doctor said a medication amt that sounded very much like another amount.  I have been extremely careful with the medication amounts and the laboratory values, but made this mistake!!   Anyway, that brought my accuracy to just under 99%.  I want to go back and listen to that dictation again, bet it was hard to tell the difference in t ...

99.6 Accuracy?
Jun 06, 2013

I just heard that Mmodal is requiring 99.6?  Just blinked my eyes a couple times.  This can't be true, right? ...

99% Accuracy
Sep 04, 2013

With Nuance's high standards and QA picking apart every report, I am feeling pretty down on myself.  I question my ability to do my job.  I question every comma, every word, and dread waking up to this job for fear of making mistakes.  It isn't a good feeling.  I have been in this field since 1992 and have never felt so incompetent and stupid. ...

99.7% Accuracy
Mar 29, 2014

99.7% accuracy when told to a recent business school graduate. Sure 99.7% accuracy is what they strive for in production of goods in a factory..To try for 99.7% accuracy in a job that has as many variables as transcription is a completely unrealistic goal. Speech patterns alone of different people makes errors almost inevitable. What they are striving for is an impossible goal. Hum, wonder who is running the company because this is from a 22 year old ...

You Want Better Accuracy?
Nov 05, 2014

Any report that is 100%, give a 2 cent per line bonus for that report, you would be surprised what a little bit of positive reinforcement does. ...

MM Accuracy
Feb 27, 2015

We've all seen the blogs lately.  Failing audits for not putting a comma, getting marked off for adding or deleting a word to make the sentence make better sense, not following CP and so forth.  Here's something for MM to ponder (if they were actually reading all this).  If accuracy truly means something to you, and that is one of your "selling points" to your clients (their website boasts "industry leading accuracy rate"), then why don't you give your MTs a chance ...

100% Accuracy.....BUT
Apr 09, 2015

I just cannot wrap my head around why I continually get 100% accuracy and still get the shaft. This last week?.....I'm over QA by 0.23%, yet I repeatedly get 100% accuracy time and time again. I so need to change jobs, but I just cannot figure out which way to go…not to mention since taking pay cut after pay cut for the last 10 years, I cannot afford to go back to school, and I wouldn't know what to go for anyway…when I got into this field, I thought it was a sure thing, ...

Accuracy Rate Of 99%. Does Anyone Know...
Jun 16, 2011

if the 99% accuracy rate also applies to the ILP?  After all, CBay and Medquist have become one company called Medquist (something, it has changed too many times for me to remember), but I would think if it is company policy it should apply to all.  Most of us have an average of 99% or above accuracy rate, but I still have a problem with making it the standard rating.  Especially given the consistent inaccuracy or ASR and the increase of lines per hour for many MTs.  If this ...

Is Is Really Possible To Transcribe 200 Lpm With Over 98% Accuracy?
Jul 14, 2012

Accuracy Requirement
Mar 09, 2013

Very shortly our accuracy requirement will be 99.6%.  Since this company cares nothing about accuracy, my conclusion is two-fold:  1) As they always have, they are going to use this as a marketing tool.  2) Anyone who falls below 99.6% will have their pay docked thus reducing the company's labor costs even further and will probably result in administrative bonuses.  For new employees - welcome to MM.  For everyone else - get out if you can.  ...

New MT, Accuracy Is Not Improving
May 27, 2013

I started at Nuance about a month ago. I am a new MT, graduated from CareerStep with Honors at 94%. I've been transcribing for 2.5 weeks now. I have quite a bit of anxiety because my QC scores are not improving, sometimes even getting worse. I seem to have troubles with numbers in particular. I will listen through labs or vital signs again and again and I am sure that I am hearing 116, not 160. I am just beginning to feel hopeless, like I am not good enough. A goal of 99% seems so far when ...

Your Dictators % Accuracy?
Jul 01, 2013

I just checked the accuracy of one of our best ESL dictators after editing.  He has 28% accuracy.  Total words: 350.  Total errors: 64 (words and punctuation).  This was a full page of report. I wonder what the average accuracy is for your dictators?  How low a figure will they settle for allowing in the patient records? ...

Synernet QA Accuracy
Sep 08, 2014

I was wondering if anyone would tell me their experiences with the accuracy requirements for Synernet, how many audits they've had, what you did to bring up your scores... Like that. I cannot for the life of me see what I am doing, yet for the past 9 months I've been audited and keep getting put on 3-5 day QA. I'm worried that this is the last time...  I mean, I READ the feedback and take it all in, but there is no consistency to what they mark against me! Any info would be a ...

FlashCount Accuracy
Oct 01, 2014

I downloaded FlashCount and love the ease of use.  However, it gives a count which is slightly higher than when I manually do it in Word by dividing characters with spaces by 65.  Is there a way to adjust the settings in FlashCount so it will give me the same count.  I wonder if it is counting things like bold, etc.  Or, is there another counting program that will count batches of files and do it accurately?  It need not be freeware.  I will pay for it.  Years ...

Amphion--98.8% Accuracy?
Jun 12, 2015

How in the world are you supposed to meet that? Do they pay more for that kind of perfection? 98.8 is only about half a typo. Seems like they want something for nothing. That was in the recent job ads on this board. ...

Question About Determining Accuracy...
Jun 15, 2010

Hey y'all, Just wondering how you determine your accuracy on the job? I mean, is it that you are 98-100% accurate the first time you transcribe something or do you send your transcripts back and forth to an editing department and the final product determines your accuracy? I'm just trying to figure out exactly how everything in the MT biz works before I take the plunge in the next few months after I graduate. Any insight is greatly appreciated. ...

Has The Fat Lady Sung? 95% Accuracy.
Sep 12, 2011

I had a conversation with my personal physician today.  He was using a laptop throughout the course of my exam. I questioned him as to whether this was EMR. He stated that it was.  His entire practice has converted to EMR in conjunction with front-end speech recognition.  This is the part that knocked me off of my feet--he stated that the physicians in the practice consistently get 95% accuracy in the drafts that present on the screen for them to edit. Note: They are editing the ...