A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

sleep apnea because of mexican friends? - MomWithMohawk

Posted: Apr 12, 2012

Doing a consultation in which the doctor is trying to figure out if the patient's has sleep apnea.  He says a list of reasons:

"...history of elevated body mass index, snoring, large Mexican friends and hypertension."

I'm sure he can't actually be saying large Mexican friends, but I can't hear anything else!

nm - MomWithMohawk

[ In Reply To ..]
Nevermind, figured it out! He was saying large neck circumference lol, not large Mexican friends.

that wasgreat, what our ears do to us - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Sleep Apnea
Mar 30, 2011

The patient has sleep apnea and doc says probably have to come back for s/l refeeding and possible face mask and pressure use.    Could be repeat, but did not know if the term refeeding is relevant to sleep apnea ...

Sleep Apnea Word
Sep 15, 2010

"The patient has sleep apnea.  She states she is wearing a mask and is on...... " It sounds like "homo 2" ? Any ideas ?? Thank you !!   ...

Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Aug 20, 2013

He does have obstructive sleep apnea with s/l low gas strains per factor. ...

S/l Epfor Score Has To Do With Sleep Apnea?
Nov 13, 2009

thanks ...

What Would Sleep Apnea Go Under For Review Of Systems? Cardio Maybe??
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

Patient With Possible Sleep Apnea. He Does Have A History Of S/l (ko-leen-al A-tree-sha.
Jan 09, 2010

Thanks!!! ...

Drug S/l Ju-ca-sade Pt Has History Of Sleep Apnea, Osteopenia
Jul 14, 2010

fibromyalgia, prediabetic, anxiety, depression, hypothyroidism, weak bladder and stomach irritation.  Thanks! ...

COPD, Obesity, Sleep Apnea, With Subsequent Problems Of S/l "piklookian
Jun 04, 2010

Patient with multiple problems  - COPD, obesity, sleep apnea, with subsequent problems of s/l "piklookian" syndrome and pulmonary hypertension. ...

Why Can't We Be Friends???
Nov 24, 2009

JUST A THOUGHT OR TWO!!  I have to say that I am tired of this being a battle between the seasoned versus the newbies! I love being a MT and have been successfully doing it from home (with a 2 year old and a 2 month old nonetheless) for the past 2+ years (I do not work an 8-5, but instead work around my kids and often am typing late at night, which is fine by me...and I make a pretty decent wage as a newer MT)!  But I would NOT be where I am without my great friend and "mentor" who ha ...

Farewell, My Friends
Jul 23, 2012

After 17 years, I resigned this morning. I will not be working anymore, and am very nervous at the prospect of living on my pension (from my former long-term employment) and social security, but after the MM support took remote control of my computer on Friday, could not fix the problem with DQS7, and totally messed up all the settings my new personal computer to the point I had to take it to my private IT support, for which I had to pay, I'd Almost had Enough. The icing on the cake was g ...

What My Coder Friends Said
Mar 12, 2014

"Idiots!!!  Take the FREE LUNCH!" "OMG!  What is wrong with them?" "Who ARE these people?   Are they insane?  They have to be insane." "And they think coders only make that much?  Hahahahaha!" "Seriously?  They think a 2-year commitment is a problem?  Wow. Just wow." "Sticky notes?  They would pass on this because of STICKY NOTES?" "Nobody told me there were sticky notes.  Are they special or something?  Are we going to order some?  Wi ...

A Good MQ Gift To All Our ILP Friends Out There
Mar 11, 2010

Probably Not Gonna Make Any Friends With This One, But...
Aug 26, 2011

I'm seeing a lot of these, “I hate my job” threads lately. To be fair, it's mostly aimed at Medquist, and other similar entities, but still.  Gotta keep your chins up guys. As a student, I find these kinds of threads very disheartening. In the very near future I'll be joining the ranks, and I won't lie; I would be tickled pink to be making minimum wage, or any wage whatsoever. A hundred dollars a week would be great for me. Obviously that's not ideal, b ...

Goodby My QC Friends. It Has Been A Pleasure All
May 22, 2015

last shift. I refuse to take part in the grid that starts tomorrow under the false guise of "patient safety." Nothing about this grid encourages safety, it only shouts survival. While I do care about the patients, I also care about my family and their ability to have a roof over their head. I understand the MLS have put up with this for quite a while, but in the case of QC, 2 weeks notice that we are ripping $400 or more weekly from your pay BUT we expect the same amount of work is ludicrou ...

Need An Opinion From More Computer-oriented Friends Please ... (sm)
Jul 27, 2010

I am looking to purchase a second computer to use for work.  Can someone please tell me if this would be a really good and FAST computer to purchase?  It is a Dell. Processor:  Intel Pentium D Processor Speed (per core) 3.4 GHz, Dual Core Memory (RAM):  4GB Hard Drive Capacity:  500 GB I get so confused with the processors and the hard drive capacity but I know that I definitely want the 4GB (have 2 now and it is toooooo slow). Thanks so much in advance!!!!   ...

Dear Friends: Please Give The Full Sentence
Aug 12, 2012

When asking for help, please give us a "running start" and as much info about the patient and their diagnosis as possible. Thanks. ...

Stage II Sleep
Dec 04, 2009

Is it stage II sleep or stage 2 sleep? ...

Sleep Medication
Jan 15, 2010

I think... It s/l "serac" maybe? couldn't find anything on something like that.   thanks for any ideas! ...

Anyone Else Code In Their Sleep?
Jan 20, 2012

I know I'm finally learning something when I start doing it in my sleep. ...

Sleep Transcribing...
May 18, 2012

I just did that. I was just so tired that I just transcribed a whole 4 minute job while doing what I think was sleeping. If felt good so it must have been some kind of sleep. I was saved by the phone. My husband called and woke me up and I looked up at the screen and it was an utter mess! I repeated lines over and over and typed gibberish. I went even as far and complex to hold down the shift key for brackets. I don't know why I did that when I didn't even need them. I'm s ...

Duodenal S/l Sleep Ulcer
May 16, 2012

This is dictated several times. I cannot find anything for "sleep ulcer" or "sweep ulcer." Any ideas please? Thank you! ...

Sleep Study Paramater Studied: (s/l) MM8
Feb 18, 2010

On a sleep study/pulmonary somnography report, under the heading "Paramaters Studied" the doctor says "MM8."  Does anyone know if this is correct or should it be MM-VIII or other ?  I can't find anything on this with googling.   Thanks. ...

I Had A Thought Last Night As I Couldn't Sleep
Jun 09, 2014

I had a discussion with a friend that paid like 400 dollars to clean a bug off her computer..I think she got scammed but thats a whole other topic...The person "fixing" her computer was Indian.. He told her we used to get paid terribly, but now I get paid real well. Hum, I wonder why? Maybe cause now that they have all our jobs and our information, they can demand higher wages and the companies must acquiesce or risk some major hacking scam? So here is my bet, IF and I say if, medical transcr ...

Sleep Stages - Roman Or Arabic Numerals?
Aug 05, 2012

All literature, including internet, seems to use arabic numerals instead of Roman numerals. Cannot identify who originated sleep stage classification to definitively determine which. Anyone out there know? ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

Ortho Word - "apnea" And Pseudosubluxation That Were Reserved Initially
Apr 05, 2011

AP and Y views of the shoulder show that there is improved alignment with the humeral head as far as the deltoid s/l "apnea" and pseudosubluxation that were reserved initially. Thanks in advance felllow MTers! ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Sleep Study S/l "nay Deer" 69%
Feb 03, 2011

Sleep study results, he says s/l "nay deer" 69%.  Any ideas? Kelley ...

ER Word Help, Please - S/L "Sleep Precautions"
Mar 05, 2011

"...provided a prescription for Fioricet, dispense 15, with (s/l "sleep") precautions, and Phenergan 25 mg dispense 15 with (again s/l "sleep") precautions." TIA to anyone who can help!!! ...

Apnea With S/l "altey" (ALTI, Alti, All-tee) ???
Nov 15, 2011

Thanks! ...