A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

stage II sleep - anon

Posted: Dec 04, 2009

Is it stage II sleep or stage 2 sleep?

sleep - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
stage 2

I use regular numerals etc. instead of Romans - so they do not look like lower case Ls

[ In Reply To ..]
1, 2, 3, etc.

I do this with all "stage" "type" "class" things: diabetes, cancer, sprain...

I have never had anyone complain or instruct me to do it another way. It means the same thing, and whether or not it is "proper" does not seem to matter to the most dictators.

Similar Messages:

Cancer Staging.  Stage IV A, Stage IVA, Or Stage 4A?
Jun 17, 2013

Cancer staging.  Stage IV A, Stage IVA, or Stage 4A?  ...

Is It Stage 1 Or Stage I (Roman Numeral) Diastolic Dysfunction?
Apr 04, 2012

Thanks! ...

Stage 4 Kidney Disease Or Stage IV?
Nov 23, 2009

nm ...

Stage Vs Stage/ Roman Vs Arabic
Oct 01, 2013

Is stage capitalized or not as a general rule?  What about as it pertains to renal?  And do we now use arabic or roman numerals?  - perplexed!  Thanks for your help!! ...

According To S/l "Port Akk 2" , Patients With Stage I Or Stage II Endometrial
Jan 05, 2012

:) ...

Stage 4 Or Stage IV Cancer?
Jun 07, 2011

Thank you ...

Sleep Medication
Jan 15, 2010

I think... It s/l "serac" maybe? couldn't find anything on something like that.   thanks for any ideas! ...

Sleep Apnea
Mar 30, 2011

The patient has sleep apnea and doc says probably have to come back for s/l refeeding and possible face mask and pressure use.    Could be repeat, but did not know if the term refeeding is relevant to sleep apnea ...

Anyone Else Code In Their Sleep?
Jan 20, 2012

I know I'm finally learning something when I start doing it in my sleep. ...

Sleep Transcribing...
May 18, 2012

I just did that. I was just so tired that I just transcribed a whole 4 minute job while doing what I think was sleeping. If felt good so it must have been some kind of sleep. I was saved by the phone. My husband called and woke me up and I looked up at the screen and it was an utter mess! I repeated lines over and over and typed gibberish. I went even as far and complex to hold down the shift key for brackets. I don't know why I did that when I didn't even need them. I'm s ...

Sleep Apnea Word
Sep 15, 2010

"The patient has sleep apnea.  She states she is wearing a mask and is on...... " It sounds like "homo 2" ? Any ideas ?? Thank you !!   ...

Duodenal S/l Sleep Ulcer
May 16, 2012

This is dictated several times. I cannot find anything for "sleep ulcer" or "sweep ulcer." Any ideas please? Thank you! ...

Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Aug 20, 2013

He does have obstructive sleep apnea with s/l low gas strains per factor. ...

S/l Epfor Score Has To Do With Sleep Apnea?
Nov 13, 2009

thanks ...

Sleep Study Paramater Studied: (s/l) MM8
Feb 18, 2010

On a sleep study/pulmonary somnography report, under the heading "Paramaters Studied" the doctor says "MM8."  Does anyone know if this is correct or should it be MM-VIII or other ?  I can't find anything on this with googling.   Thanks. ...

Sleep Apnea Because Of Mexican Friends?
Apr 12, 2012

Doing a consultation in which the doctor is trying to figure out if the patient's has sleep apnea.  He says a list of reasons: "...history of elevated body mass index, snoring, large Mexican friends and hypertension." I'm sure he can't actually be saying large Mexican friends, but I can't hear anything else! ...

I Had A Thought Last Night As I Couldn't Sleep
Jun 09, 2014

I had a discussion with a friend that paid like 400 dollars to clean a bug off her computer..I think she got scammed but thats a whole other topic...The person "fixing" her computer was Indian.. He told her we used to get paid terribly, but now I get paid real well. Hum, I wonder why? Maybe cause now that they have all our jobs and our information, they can demand higher wages and the companies must acquiesce or risk some major hacking scam? So here is my bet, IF and I say if, medical transcr ...

What Would Sleep Apnea Go Under For Review Of Systems? Cardio Maybe??
Jan 26, 2010

x ...

Sleep Stages - Roman Or Arabic Numerals?
Aug 05, 2012

All literature, including internet, seems to use arabic numerals instead of Roman numerals. Cannot identify who originated sleep stage classification to definitively determine which. Anyone out there know? ...

Patient With Possible Sleep Apnea. He Does Have A History Of S/l (ko-leen-al A-tree-sha.
Jan 09, 2010

Thanks!!! ...

Drug S/l Ju-ca-sade Pt Has History Of Sleep Apnea, Osteopenia
Jul 14, 2010

fibromyalgia, prediabetic, anxiety, depression, hypothyroidism, weak bladder and stomach irritation.  Thanks! ...

Patient Was Upset By The S/l *ma-loo* On The Unit And Has Decreased Sleep" NM TIA
May 24, 2012

x ...

COPD, Obesity, Sleep Apnea, With Subsequent Problems Of S/l "piklookian
Jun 04, 2010

Patient with multiple problems  - COPD, obesity, sleep apnea, with subsequent problems of s/l "piklookian" syndrome and pulmonary hypertension. ...

Stage
Nov 20, 2009

The other day the doc dictated "stage IV, baseline 3.5".  Since BOS states to use roman numerals with stages, how would you transcribe the 3.5?  The above is exactly what I transcribed but don't know if it is correct.  ...

Stage 3 Or III
Jun 01, 2015

QA corrected my kidney disease stage 3, to III.  on a more recent report, they corrected my stage III to 3.  what the heck?  i have on my notes that grade is 1,2,3, and stage I, II, III.   anyone in the know?  what is up with QA????? wish they would get it together and at least try to be consistent. ...

3 Stage Test
Feb 22, 2010

What test has three evaluations similar to elevated at 236, follow-up at 298 and third was 291. s/l nsgk elevated at... ...

Stage Procedure?
Mar 27, 2010

This is a endarterectomy on a carotid artery.  s/l stage or maybe study procedure was done. ...

Stage Or Grade
May 18, 2010

Anyone have a secret way of remembering when to use roman numerals or numbers for stage and grade?  ...

Grade 1 Or I, Stage 1 Or I - Please Help
Apr 28, 2011

how to write grades and stages:  grade 1 or I, stage 1 or I - please help ...

T4b IIA M1a? Cancer Stage
Jan 24, 2014

Doctor states final pathologic staging as "T4B 2A M1A." I've researched it individually and came up with T4b IIA M1a, but I'm unfamiliar with cancer staging, so if anyone can confirm whether this is right, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thank you! ...