A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody else's TW timesheet look like mine? - anon

Posted: Jan 29, 2013

It's longer than the constitution for Pete's sake! I end up with so many entries because I get a job, one that usually takes 2 minutes to type, send it off, then NJA, wait a minute, here comes another job, type it, takes 2 minutes, and on and on.  Craziness!Yell

I used to worry about it - miss q

[ In Reply To ..]
Used to worry that someone would get on me about punching in and out so much, but I don't worry about it anymore.

I don't waste time clocking in and out all day. I only - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
clock out for lunch, if the system crashes, or if I plan on filing an NJA ticket for the day. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time IMO.

You do realize that will hurt your benefit rate - cheated

[ In Reply To ..]
dont you?

They use a formula of hours clocked in to lines produced and come up with an average hourly rate. This is what they use to pay you for PTO, dowtime, any non-production time.

I was told no more then 15 mins of "down time" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
like sign out at such and such a time and walk away for 15 minutes...if a job loads in the meantime, I will get it 15 minutes in..After that 15 mins, put in the remedy ticket if there is nothing and Im done for a while usually if I come back an hour later, I have work for the remainder
Im confused by your post-sm - cheated
[ In Reply To ..]
The above poster says she stayed clocked in - time sheet unless she is on a break or going off because of NJA. If you stay clocked in and logged in to the system when you are not actually typing you will have a decreased benefit rate which is calculated every 6 months. This is the hourly pay you get for PTO and such.

You shoul never be clocked in on the time clock unless you are working or on a conference call or taking some training. Everything but the typing/working needs to be changed to reflect what the activity was, like "work availability" or "conference call".

I have also been told in the past NOT to stay logged into DSQ if there is NJA, as this will also count against you, but not sure how that would be counted, but I dont do it.

Don't even care. I'd rather have a lower benefit rate than end up working - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
way past my shift to make up for clocking in and out all day.
Why would you have to work past your shift to make up for - logging in and out? HUH?? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Sounds to me like some are stayed clocked in-sm - cheated
[ In Reply To ..]
and logged in for their entire shift whether they have work or not. So if this MT is scheduled 7-3 and only has about 4 total hours of work during that time would be a pretty low lph/benefit rate and paycheck I would think.

But as it has been pointed out here, no one knows when the last time we got our benefit rate changed... I know I cant remember.
Again, what does this have to do with having to work past - shift to make up for logging in &out? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Im not the poster,but I think it means if you-sm - cheated
[ In Reply To ..]
keep clocking in and out you will not have worked your scheduled hours. Like today, I clocked in and out all day and only got in 4.5 hours of my 8 scheduled hours and instead of quitting at my normal quit time, I worked past that time because there was work. I still ended up 2 hours short on my total hours for the day.

I always chose the "make up time" option on NJA because I need the money.
BENEFIT RATE CHANGE - gltrgrami
[ In Reply To ..]
Mine was done in July 2012, so I can only assume they will re-evaluate it again this July (2013.) I thought they calculated your benefit rate according to your line counts, or however you happen to be paid, not on "production time on the timeclock. BTW, I had 16 hours of "downtime" and was only paid for 3 hours of it. Rip off!!!
If you are clocking in and out all day long, of course - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
you would have to work past your shift to make your full 8 hours, to make up for the time you were clocked out. Though the OP may be a part-timer milking the PTO rate instead.

I never clock in and out - none

[ In Reply To ..]
It never seems like they change your benefit rate anyway. I have had the same benefit rate for at least 8 months. No way I am going to clock in and out all day long.

You are obviously a part-timer trying to just - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
maximize your PTO rate. Those of us who already put in 40 hours a week really don't want to clock in and out all day & work even more hours.

Similar Messages:

IC Timesheet
Nov 12, 2014

Are any of you independent contractors required by your company to turn in a detailed timesheet showing each time you log in and out and turn in with your invoice? ...

Timesheet
Dec 10, 2014

Why is it so hard to get assistance with a problem you have with editing your teamwork punches.  If the function is not there to do so with your particular problem, you can't do it.  Why do you have to go through an act of congress to get any help anymore?   It is just so sad what is happening.  Common courtesy goes a long way, but that is definitely a thing of the past.   You have a manager for one thing, a manager for another, and another manager fo ...

Has Anyone Tried Printing Out The Timesheet?
Jul 10, 2010

I have been having problems with my CCM concerning making up time when there are NJA.  She wants me to make up all hours and has placed me on crazy schedules.  I pack up and stop working at the end of my shift whether there is work or not.  I leave a note to her and support.  I am assuming she is upset because she is not getting her bonus but that is not my problem.  I am on an account that the docs dictate at odd hours.  I have helped her out working 12 hour days a ...

Approing Timesheet
Jan 06, 2011

So do we approve time sheets this week?  Is the 8th the end of the pay period?  I cannot keep up with all the changes these days.  I am completely dizzy with the all the (MQ)  stupid little rules and procedures that never seem to stay the same. ...

Hi Everyone! I Need Help With Approving My Timesheet
Jun 14, 2011

This will be my first complete payperiod with MQ.  I got an e-mail to approve my timesheet and I see the hours, but cannot see where to "approve" it.  Is there a button that I am just overlooking.  Would someone be kind enough to walk me through this?  Appreciate it!   ~majjai! ...

Link For The Timesheet Please
Jul 07, 2014

and when I got it back up for whatever reason my shortcut is gone... ...

Timesheet Approval
Jul 07, 2014

Has anyone had a situation where your manager refused to approve your timesheet?  If yes, what happened?  My TSR or CCM or whatever they call themselves these days sent me an e-mail.  Apparently she's ticked because my timecard reflected 1.45 hours OT.  My BIG mistake.   ...

So, How Do You Fill Out Timesheet When ....
Dec 24, 2014

I am taking PTO for Christmas and the day after.  I have worked Mon and Tues of this week with no real problem and have gotten in my hours.  Of course, because I have a cheesecake and other things to make later today, I get on this morning and there is NO work at all.  I wil try to get in my 8 hours for today, but what if it just isn't there?  I have no PTO time to use for today and I am NOT working tomorrow or Friday!!  So, my week will be 8 hours short o ...

Missing Days On Timesheet
Oct 01, 2010

Is it just me or is anyone else missing September 16, 17 and 18 from their timesheet? ...

If You Don't Approve Timesheet Do You Still Get Paid?
Sep 18, 2012

I was waiting for CCM corrections, then forgot about it.  I wonder if I will get paid now.  Should I contact someone? ...

Is It Just Me Or Have Lines Not Been Uploaded To Approve Timesheet Yet
Mar 04, 2013

Aren't we supposed to be approving our timesheet/lines for this week by now. Am I wrong or isn't payday Friday? I'd write my TL but she never responds to e mails (nor does anyone else for that matter). I keep checking the time and date and keep looking, but nothing. Anybody okay'd their timesheet yet? ...

Discrepancy Between Webclock Timesheet And Fiesa QA Score?
May 21, 2013

Always have greater than 99.5% on Fiesa QA score but always under 98.8% on Webclock Timesheet. Supervisor said it was just difference in dates for week I asked about, but it has always been thus. Anyone know why? ...

Who Do I Contact About Timesheet Error? Supervisor On Vacation, TL No Help
Sep 17, 2013

can't get the search function to work on MT Stars, either.  Thanks! ...

Which Verbatim Is It? Your's, Mine Or Their's?
Oct 30, 2010

Just worked on an ESL report (with unfortunately for me very, very, very little English).  This is a VERBATIM account.  Sent it to QA and it was "transformed" into English with little regard for that pesky word VERBATIM.  Does verbatim mean different things to different people? ...

W-2 - Got Mine In The Mail
Jan 22, 2013

Just got mine in the mail. ...

I Do Everyone Else's Records And Mine, Too
Feb 26, 2014

Just got a call from my dr's medical records wanting to know the name of the dr she wants my records sent to (she and I looked it up on the computer during my visit and I saw her write the dr's name down) and my dr's address, which I'm sure was on her request, her name and address.  One of the last times I saw her, they put someone else's vital signs on my records (height, weight, BP and BMI).  Sheesh. ...

Canaries In The Mine
Nov 07, 2014

This discussion actually began on October 3, 2014. To search for it, use the little blue search function and type in You missed something and the date 2014-10-04. I think it bears repeating again for all who might insist that people griping" here about Nuance are just conspiracy theorists. I prefer to think of them as canaries in the mine, warning folks away from Nuance. It is NOT just Nuance, as someone pointed out, but they are the most insidious it seems, about monitoring this board and disco ...

How Are You Paid For PTO? Just Found Out About Mine
Dec 11, 2009

I always thought that companies paid for PTO based on an average of your last 3-6 months production. I just found out that my company pays by the hour!  This means my PTO for a week will be half of what a I normally make?   Have you ever heard of this?  Is this the norm?  ...

I Contacted A Supervisor Other Than Mine And Got
Aug 31, 2010

region when I had had my fill of NJA on the last region I was assigned to.  Where I am now is certainly not perfect, has some NJA, some nasty dictation, but I do have something to type the majority of the time.  If you could come up with the name of one of these supervisors with the critical backlog, fire off a request to be moved.  Worked for me (about 10 months ago).  ...

Is Anybody Elses Email Down (yet Again) Besides Mine? NM
May 21, 2012

xxx ...

TSM Covering While Mine Is Out Is Awesome!
Jul 16, 2014

I'm so jealous of the team who gets to have this particular TSM.  Wow!  She's prompt in returning emails, investigates a problem thoroughly, and is overall very pleasant on the phone.  It's a breath of fresh air!  So if you're in the North and SM runs your show, I want to be on your team! ...

Trans-Tech W2s. Have Not Gotten Mine Yet. Who Should I Call?
Feb 03, 2011

tx ...

Better Keep Eye On Your Timecards. Mine Keeps Reverting To Blanks.
Oct 20, 2012

to fix it and put my schedule in there again.  Not sure how that could affect PTO, if you are working supposedly with no schedule.  But anyway, just a heads up.  Especially if when you go to turn time clock on, if there is no blue indicator on the today's activity plan field.  It that is empty and you are scheduled to be working, make sure the timecard is showing your scheduled hours. ...

Check Your Pay, Payroll Screwed Up On Mine
Mar 08, 2013

Was wondering why my check so little, even though I did have 8 hours of work availability.  Apparently they only paid me for two 15 minute shifts instead of my benefit rate times four hours each shift. If you are in a state that pays you for half of your shift for work availability,make sure to carefully check your pay for this pay period.  ...

A Friend Of Mine Wants To Try This, Can She Make $30.00 An Hour Doing Transcription
Nov 02, 2009

A lady I have talked with wants to train in this kind of work and is planning on going to Andrews. Would she be making at least $30.00 an hour when she gets a job? Thanks. ...

I HAVE To Buy A Computer TODAY! Mine Just Died. Can I Get Opinions
Jul 03, 2010

and suggestions.....my budget is around 700.00.   Does anyone use a laptop? Will that withstand an 8 hour day of typing? I have an Emachine now and it is horrible.  If I go with a desktop I would only need the tower. I think I would like a laptop but know nothing about them. I have a shift today so I have to do this ASAP!! Thanks for any suggestions.   ...

Just Had A Funny Error (mine) That I Wanted To Share Sm
Aug 03, 2010

I was typing my usual docs, hands flying across the keyboard when I typed "bilateral toe and knee replacements". I stopped and thought to myself...hmmm, they do toe replacements? wow!  Then my brain kicked in and realized I should have typed....you guessed it, "bilateral total knee replacements"  ARRGGHHHH, got a good laugh at my own expense out of that one! ...

A Friend Of Mine Asked About MTing Recently ....
Dec 20, 2010

I told her to give it not a second thought, it was a waste of money and time for the schooling required, and, even as an IC, she'd be LUCKY to make $.09 a line and have zero benefits.  I told her she'd be MUCH better off working for McDonald's. Who is going to enter this profession of low pay and no benefits in the future?  Who will stay when, even the transcriptionists who are fortunate enough to be doing straight transcription now, are gone after the switch to VR and ...

A Letter From A Doctor Friend Of Mine To His Congressman
Apr 18, 2013

The following is from a Facebook post from a physician friend of mine.  This is a letter he sent to his congressman.  I got permission from him to post it here.  Long read, but I feel galvanized by this:    I have been dealing with 2 electronic health record (EHR) systems and it is clear that the technology is not ready for implementation. I feel they will increse cost, decrese access, and decrease quality of care in their current state. I encourage anyone reading thi ...

Are You Getting Fiesa Audited Daily? Mine Have Picked Up.
Nov 26, 2013

I have noticed my Fiesa audits have picked up significantly.  Several reports a day usually.  Maybe a day or 2 in a week where there is no audits.  Wondering if they are zoning in on me or if this is norm across the board. ...