A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help with seeing the screen on monitor!!! - eyestrainmt

Posted: Aug 01, 2011

Hello all:  Hope someone might be able to help me or steer me in the right direction. I just started a new job that uses Fusion RIS 5.0. When I open the program the left side of the screen has a RIS editor and the right side has all the patient demographics.  I have to type in Arial 11 in the editor after I call up a template shell.  After typing for several hours, my eyes get really strained.  Is there a way I could make that part of my screen larger without affecting the font that is set to type in? I have a 19" LCD monitor. I was so used to typing in a Word document that I could customize the zoom to 105 or 110%. But don't know if I could accomplish the same thing.  I am hoping someone might have some experience with this Fusion RIS program that might have a suggestion. if not, does anyone know of a magnifying plate I could put over my monitor that would make the letters larger? I don't even know what it would be called. TIA.

Maybe a different mouse? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know of any way to magnify parts of the screen, but I have a Microsoft Optical Mouse that has a little button on the left side that you can click on and off that magnifies a box, the size of which you can adjust.

help with the screen - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you tried using Ctrl with the wheel of the mouse moving it forward. It will not change the font but make it easier to read.

screen - eyestrainmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the suggestion. I did not try the control thing with the mouse. Will try that and see if it will work with the application. The thing is I have 3 apps open for transcription, winscribe, RIS and instant text. Wonder if these programs will get confused. Thanks again for the responses.

Thanks!!! It did work!!! Yea!!! - eyestrainmt

[ In Reply To ..]
When I got on this morning, I tried it with the mouse like you suggested and it did work, so I can enlarge the report as how I would like it. I can see again!!! :) Thank you so much for your help.

Similar Messages:

Best Way To Clean A Flat Screen Monitor?
Nov 29, 2011

I try not to even touch the monitor too much because of the plasma (or whatever it is inside there) but my flat screens could really use some cleaning.  What do you use to clean yours?  One of ours even has a smudge of nail polish on it where one of the girls pointed at something and and her nail polish rubbed off on the monitor.  Help!!! ...

My Flat Screen Monitor Has Like A Film On The
Jan 02, 2012

screen and I cant seem to get it off.  I dont know what it is.  It is a whitish film smeary looking.  Any suggestions. ...

Widescreen Versus Full Screen LCD Monitor
Nov 03, 2009

I'm looking for opinions on widescreen versus full screen LCD monitors for MT.  I have a widescreen, but I'm thinking that a full screen monitor might be easier on my eyes.  Any opinions? TIA! ...

U-tox Screen Or Utox Screen?
Feb 02, 2011

which urinary toxicology abreviation is used? ...

MQ Monitor
Jun 09, 2010

I received a "new" NEC LCD17V monitor from MQ today.  In the monitor box was a base and a small black plastic piece inside a small plastic bag.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what the small black plastic piece is for.  Any ideas?  TIA. ...

No Monitor With Q Computer???
Oct 13, 2009

When the Q supplies the computer, don't they send a monitor?  Just got the tower, keyboard and mouse.  ...

Fetal Monitor Help
Dec 06, 2009

Fetal heart rate strip showed deep variable decelerations down to a s/l "nater" of 90 beats per minute.   Help? ...

Holter Monitor
Dec 13, 2009

Ok I am working on a results of a Holter monitor. It sounds like he is saying "no evidence of highly gravy blocks or syncope." Does anyone know what he might be saying? ...

S/l Klemmisher Monitor
Feb 10, 2010

Cardiology monitoring couplets, triplets and PVCs s/l Klemmisher monitor.  Thanks! ...

Cardiology Monitor
Apr 29, 2011

The sentence is:  Periods of heart racing perhaps supraventricular tachycardia. We will schedule a week long S/L hebettin monitor???? HELP! ...

TransTech - Why MT Monitor Is Still Being Used?
Dec 28, 2011

Does anyone have a clue why MT Monitor is still being used?  With a name like "MT Monitor Watchdog" attached to it and running on my PC, it kinda creeps me out. I've asked management and have yet to get a reply other than "still testing."  OK, so they've been "testing" it for over 2 years now.  What's up with that? ...

Monitor And PC Come Seperately??
Nov 25, 2013

Came today.  I wasn't home and Fed Ex left it in my bushes...only a monitor.  Kinda freaking out because 1.  Makes me wonder if somebody stole something 2.  If not WHY do they send them seperately???? how maddening! ...

PEARS? In Holter Monitor
Jan 08, 2011

premature atrial contractions, with few episodes of PEARS? ...

Monitor Bigger Than 19 Inches?
Jul 06, 2011

I have MS Word, IT, Bytescribe, and WordPad all up side-by-side at the same time.  Then when I need to get on the internet I minimize those.  I'm thinking it might be nice with a bigger screen to spread MS Word out bigger so the print will be bigger and easier to read.  I know I could make it bigger by changing it from say 100% to 150% but I don't like to go bigger than the page width.  I also might be able to leave the internet open too with a bigger monitor. Has ...

MT Monitor -- Anyone Use This Line Count Program
Jan 02, 2010

Has anyone used this line count program?  I can't find much info about it, other than a company page on the 'net. ...

When Returning Equipment, Will MQ Want The Monitor Back
Dec 31, 2011

as well?  Last time I quit they only wanted the tower back.  Preparing to leave very, very soon but haven't given notice yet so thought I would ask you guys. ...

Cardiology Procedure, S/l Nexen Monitor
Jan 04, 2012

. ...

Cardiac - Holter Monitor Report
Oct 30, 2012

Need help with a Holter monitor report.  No significant pauses or ____ (sounds like FC) shifts. Is FC correct? Thanks.     ...

Mmodal's FB Monitor Must Work OT To Keep All The Neg Postings
Apr 10, 2013

Because their feed looks like a LuvFest for all things Mmodal. I mean at least some exMTs must have voiced their opinion about working experience with Mmodal..but their FB is nauseatingly POSITIVE with a capital FAKE. ...

So Glad They Created Yet Another Tool To Monitor
Feb 01, 2014

every single thing we do rather than fixing the question mark problem in Fluency, or the fuzzy physician search, etc.  Sigh. ...

To Monitor Blood Flow In Bone Due To AVN Risk...
Feb 19, 2011

S/l "Bolt" monitor. We then examined the blood flow again. There was still bleeding. We documented this with photographs as well as put in the _____ monitor, which showed a slight waveform that corresponded with the patient's heartbeat. Anybody heard of it? ...

Experience With Double-monitor Computer Setups?
Apr 16, 2014

Have any of you worked on a computer set up with double monitors?  What are the benefits/drawbacks?  Would you recommend it as a personal investment for a remote coder?  How did your screen sharing function work; what do you keep on each screen?   Thanks for letting me pick your brains a little bit.  ...

Dear Human Resources...and I Know You Monitor This Site...
Oct 10, 2014

What can you do about the morale of the employees?  Instead of having MTs on their own time look at Enrich, why doesn't the company have monthly PAID meetings that cover topics or Q and A sessions, etc.?  I have never had a meeting with my supervisor. You cannot tell me there is no money for that. Nuance spends so much money "improving" Fiesa and why not use that money for their employees? HR looks at everything that is posted on this site and what is done with the information fou ...

Looking For A Software Program To Monitor My Actual Time Working
Apr 23, 2014

I work for a company that does not monitor my "hands on the keys."  However, I am trying to determine what I am actually earning per hour when factoring in all of the patient demograhics, internet research, etc. that is not reflected in my line count.  Does anyone know of a reasonably priced or shareware program that would do this?  Thanks. ...

My Screen Just Went To NJA...nm
May 21, 2010

x ...

Why Is My Screen Moving??
Feb 02, 2010

kind of like someone is squishing the sides of my screen, or tilting the side back and forth...thanks for any help.  its bugging the peawadding outta me. ...

Cardiac Screen
Feb 04, 2010

s/l Agasen-130 method ...

I Don't Get The Upload Screen That Allows Me
Mar 05, 2010

to choose whether or not I send the report to QA.  I still get the old screen with QA checked because I left a marker, and I can't uncheck the box that sends it to QA.  Anybody getting the new screen that has you choose? ...

S/l Tethan Screen
Jun 27, 2010

(s/l tethan or dethan) screen is O positive. ...

Drug Screen
Sep 02, 2010

This is the second time doc has dictated s/l blue 13 drug screen.  I've searched every way I know how and cannot find this.  Does anyone know if there is a Blue-Thirteen, Blue-13, or just something that s/l it? Thanks. ...