A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Amazed - Jax

Posted: Jan 12, 2015

After being beat down at MModal and finally blowing my stack and quitting, here I sit feeling exactly the same way with Nuance. Since the new pay plan started, I have managed to get a major error (3-pointer) on 1 report (and only 1 report) every week after having exactly 1 major error for the ENTIRE year I have worked here before that. It's amazing how bad I am at this job after 10+ years of working at it, priding myself on my line counts and accuracy. This company can kiss my you know what.

Funny how I can just KNOW what report - they will audit...

[ In Reply To ..]
There is this one dictator, I call him Dr. Buttmunch (s/l close to his actual name)....and luckily he doesn't dictate much but when he does...OMG....I KNOW I'm toast that week. SURE ENOUGH....the TWO and only TWO reports they audited were from Dr. Buttmunch (I only had 2 from him). Of course I failed...his reports are no less than 10 minutes long so I refuse to send to QC---and I can usually manage not to, BUT he slurs, eats, changes his mind, mumbles, misspells, and interchanges he/she throughout EVERY SINGLE report. Most of his "sentences" make NO sense whatsoever. Oh how I despise him. I curse and call him every name in the book while doing his reports. I really actually hate Nuance more than him, but only a little more.

They're just passing around scripts to be read by each horrible - doctor, seeing how long it takes us to type it.

[ In Reply To ..]
If the account you are on permits two blanks, look for two really stand out errors, left-right discrepancies, drugs dosages that would kill a horse, an assessment or diagnosis not mentioned elsewhere in the report.

If your report allows one blank, look for that one really egregious error.

I get a charge out of these. The doctor soooo often messes up his dictation of those boo-boos, he gives it away. I had one that was so bogus the MD even laughed out loud!

Never put anything past them. Check capitalization on brand name equipment, check left-right, find the facilities' MD databases, and never, EVER, believe anything the MDs spell out. Let Google and Google scholar become your best friends.

I suggest we let them know... - what it costs us

[ In Reply To ..]
When we get a post audit that needs to be signed off on, we should figure out, based on the previous weeks' lph and line count, what this post-audit will likely be costing us this week - if we all post those dollar numbers, IF, and that is a big IF, anybody reads our sign-off - they can see the impact of their actions on us - I don't think they truly get it.....

You are fooling yourself if you believe that. They - know exactly what they are doing

[ In Reply To ..]
and how manipulating this "exciting" pay scale can be to their advantage.

Oh hon (I say this whenever trying to console anyone yet still tell them the truth) - you sound so wonderfully naive.

[ In Reply To ..]
There are 6 years' history of "trying" to make them understand anything. Can you not see from the history on this board that Nuance is operating on their game plan?

You, sweet thing, were never meant to be cared for, respected, valued, paid well. Nuance is in the business of putting MTs in the US out of work. They don't mind a bit that it is inconvenient or one iota hard for you.

Six years of this game plan! It ain't an accident for anybody except the suckers who keep signing on with them to do MT work, only to find that what they are really doing is help train the VR software that replaces the need for all but a precious few hangers on.

well said - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

I Am Truly Amazed
Sep 10, 2013

Truly.  When I saw that I was sure that by the time I finished reading it I would have learned of a pay cut.  Wonder what kept them from doing that.  They snipped away at everything else. ...

I Am Literally Amazed That On One Screen
Jun 08, 2012

there is a whole long thread about people with NJA and no PTO time left because of it, people complaining about mandatory OT, AND comments about ads to hire more new MT's.  This company is truly weird. ...

Still Amazed By The "fast Readers Of ASR"
Jul 03, 2010

Not only does my ASR type gibberish a great deal of the time, it also types the wrong word a lot.  Just now the doctor said "his procedure was postponed" and ASR put "the procedure was postponed."  It also leaves out a ton of stuff such as "there was" and "in the;"  just totally puts nothing and goes onto the next word.  If I am not going relatively slow and really concentrating on the context of the report, I would miss some of these things that are not blatantly just misspe ...