A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wednesday nightmare. Figuring out our timecards. sm - Oh so tired

Posted: Dec 16, 2014

Have a headache just thinking about it.  How will we be able to verify accuracy and that we are not getting ripped off even more than we already are?  Follow the 12-step instructions "on our own time, of course." Just want to scream!

Not even going to try... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My shift spans evening hours to overnight hours, week day over to weekend, weekend over to weekday. I would have to keep track of lines for each category, apply the differential to each set of lines, bang head on desk until dizzy and perhaps then I could figure out what my pay is. Keeping it simple: Planning on min wage until I can get out of this place.

Similar Messages:

We Should Do A QA Wednesday Party
Mar 29, 2010

Just send everything to QA as a final farewell...   I HATE APRIL FOOLS!  Could they not pick a better day to pull this prank?  Happy First Time Right April Fools Day to ya all. ...

NJA Again In North - Wednesday
Aug 31, 2011

CCM said if we're running out of work, we should change our schedules.      I work a split shift and never ran out of work before.  I suspect there are a ton of newbies all working during the day at the same time.                                        &n ...

Wednesday Tech Downtime
Mar 27, 2015

Does anyone know the times the technical downtime started and ended on Wednesday?  I've emailed the TSA 3 times and my HDSM once and have not heard back, no surprise there.  Such great communication in this company. I just want to finish out my time card.  Thanks in advance for any help. ...

NJA (No Jobs Available) On Wednesday Night
Apr 08, 2015

OT, OT, OT, OT = NJA on a Wednesday night.  Then, more OT starting tomorrow...wait for it.  At the same time, you are grading me for saying "is" twice, and I used a semicolon.  Shoot Me!  Failed audit.  Already put on PM for line count a few months ago, brougt up said line count, only to get dinged for minor BS because I am constantly typing reports that I know nothing about or can't hear them speak or, and here's the BEST part that you will all love so much....typing in shit f ...

MT Week / Wednesday / Take A Union Break
May 18, 2011

Suggested Activity: Check out this union that actually worksâ€Â¦and send greetings! All you need to do is Google: Hospital Workers, Facing Layoffs, Launch Counterattack On Executives The union involved is National Union of Healthcare Workersâ€Â¦and guess what – when they were asked to make big concessions, they said no – and pointed out how much money the hospital bigwigs were getting – why not start with cutting THEIR pay, instead of asking the average worker to embrace painf ...

Timecards
Jan 02, 2013

So we now have to approve time cards each week, and our work week is Wednesday through Thursday? ...

Imedx Emails Delayed From Last Night (wednesday)
Feb 05, 2015

Just received a note from IT stating that the aging email system went down last night. You probably have delayed or interrupted emails last night and today, so be careful. Get your mgr's phone and call direct if need be. More later. ...

I Dislike The Teamwork Timecards!
Oct 15, 2009

I am sure I will get it soon, but for right now I am looking through my time card because we have to approve them soon and I am like "What in the world is going on?"  I assume it is right though.  ...

Timecards Are Ready To Be Approved
Apr 01, 2014

Please approve timecards now.  Don't forget to approve timecards.  Timecards need to be approved ASAP.  The fall of humanity is imminant.  Please approve timecards immediately. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT HIS HOLY, APPROVE TIMECARDS RIGHT THIS INSTANT BEFORE WE ALL PERISH AS A RESULT OF YOUR NOT APPROVING YOUR TIMECARDS!!!!!!!! ...

Is Today The Day We Approve Our Timecards?
Jan 28, 2015

x ...

Better Keep Eye On Your Timecards. Mine Keeps Reverting To Blanks.
Oct 20, 2012

to fix it and put my schedule in there again.  Not sure how that could affect PTO, if you are working supposedly with no schedule.  But anyway, just a heads up.  Especially if when you go to turn time clock on, if there is no blue indicator on the today's activity plan field.  It that is empty and you are scheduled to be working, make sure the timecard is showing your scheduled hours. ...

Anybody Got Notice That Timecards Are Ready For Approval
Mar 16, 2015

Normally by now I have received my notice but still haven't heard anything ...

On Our Timecards, Do We Choose Report Paid Hours
Oct 13, 2012

instead of Production Hours?  I want to add some PTO to my timecard this pay period but I don't know how.  I went to learning under HR but still can't figure out how to add PTO. Gracias! ...

Are Timecards Approved Today? Haven't Heard From My TL. NM
Apr 14, 2014

xx ...

The ESL Nightmare:
Dec 26, 2009

All MTs (and I'm sure that would include Indian MTs, as well!) waste time and lose money struggling with ESL dictators.  It would certainly seem to me that patients of these doctors are at higher risk for medical mistakes because no one, including their co-workers, is entirely sure what they heck those people are saying.  So why don't they simply dictate in THEIR OWN NATIVE LANGUAGE, and have that work transcribed by MTs who are also native speakers of that language?&n ...

Nightmare!
Jan 01, 2010

I was part of that lucky group whose company number was changed, but our expansions didn't move with us.  I've been trying for 2-1/2 hours to get this straightened out, was on with tech support twice and am waiting for a call back.  I also enlisted my adult son who is VERY computer savvy but have been unable to get anywhere, with probably mainly Windows Vista to blame. At this point, I would be thrilled if I at least could view my old expansion list with the hope of copying ...

Help With Figuring Out Pay
Apr 29, 2010

Can someone help me figure this out.  I am being paid 0.03 cents per line.  Do I multiply my lines x 0.03 or x 0.3?  Thanks. ...

Why! FTR Nightmare
May 24, 2010

Really feeling low today. Not only is work scarce but still recovering from Friday, when my last job of the day, of course, was the worst dictator I get, of course, and I could not even come close to complying with FTR so I had to send it through QA. There goes my numbers.  Just wanted to cry, in fact, think I did.  Just once again reminds me of how disemmpowered we are at this level and it is a terrible feeling.  There is really nobody you can talk to within the company structur ...

Nightmare Still Going On.......
Mar 24, 2011

From Western region - got e-mail from "interim QA" yesterday with attachment which was "normal lab values per KB Benchmark."    Third paragraph of e-mail said the MT should be ever vigilant for punctuation errors and errors in dictation of lab values by docs.  Said if doc was in error in dictating the lab value and the MT transcribes it, IT IS THE MT's FAULT !  Does this person have a Napoleonic complex or what ?  It is now expected that we must constantly check t ...

ASR Nightmare
Mar 14, 2012

My feeling is, ASR works you to death. I wish the docs that I type for, could see what their ASR reports look like when I first get them. I wish Vern could see how they look. I wish all the educated idiots who come up with "incentive" and "boost" ideas, could see what they look like. It is soooo tempting to just let one of those reports go through....just like it came to me...no corrections.....and let these docs who are the worst of the dicators, made us who type for them be put on 10 ...

VR Nightmare
May 30, 2012

When you first went to VR did you have a hard time? I've straight-typed for so many years and this seems to have thrown me off.  The mistakes have been incredible and I find myself feeling so inadequate.  ...

Am I Figuring This Right? SM
Jun 14, 2012

Say I edit 250 lines in1 hour.  At 4 cpl, that's $10/hour.  Working OT for 25% (which is 1 cent of 4 cpl), 250 lines in 1 hour x 5 cpl = 12.50.   That extra $2.50 x 8 hours is $20.  Doesn't seem worth my weekend for that.   Can't count on straight typing - some days I hardly have any and some days I'll have 10 to 15%. ...

Figuring PTO
Nov 20, 2012

Does anybody know how to figure out exactly how much PTO you have left?  Like is it deducted after it is granted or after the date that you are taking it has passed?  I would not think it would be deducted when it is still pending. Thanks ...

I Need Some Help Figuring This Out...sm
Nov 28, 2012

I posted a week or so ago about a job offer working for a court reporting agency.  It is transcription that pays 5 cpl on a gross line.  The work is actually doing claims for insurance companies.   She wanted me to come a week ago before I started just to see how fast and well I could transcribe. I typed 7 pages in 20 minutes, which equaled about 127 lines.  So I figured, wow 127 lines in 20 minutes, that's great.  I'll do just fine at this job.  Well ...

A New Nightmare?
Oct 28, 2014

Oh, man, I hope this doesn't mean they're going to be constantly riding our backs, cracking the MM whip again.  I want to quit already, but I'll wait and see how it goes.  ...

Sistas, Watch Your Timecards. Mine Is Again Showing 0s, No Scheduled
Nov 16, 2012

It got my shifts wrong for different days, putting 5 instead of 6 hours.  It evened out mostly to be correct but put an extra hour of PTO on my schedule. Which, my CCM, pointed out, I got paid for but my concern is if it keeps messing up on this stuff, how could I be being adversely affected.  Nothing here works as they want. ...

Figuring Out Ppl Instead Of Hourly
Jan 25, 2011

I've been paid by the hour for the past 11 years, was laid off and am now searching for work. How do I transition to ppl pay to equal the amount of my unemployment so that I'll know I can pay my bills? What questions do I ask potential employers? Work load? Average pay? I'm so confused! The 'Newbie" Tammie ...

Nuance = Nightmare
May 02, 2011

I wish this Nuance takeover of OSi was all just a bad dream that I will soon wake up from!  I used to be a happy MT...life was good working at home and could pretty much pay the bills...UNTIL NOW!  Now have to sit around all day into the late hours of the night waiitiing for every little job to come in.  There is no communication.  The bonus was a joke.  How can they call it an incentive.  They cut my pay big time...was hoping I could get it back in "bonus" form.&nb ...

Nuance Nightmare
Jan 14, 2013

Started work as a QC at Nuance over a year ago.  I was trained on what was to be my main account which was a huge group of hospitals ihere in the Southwest state where I reside.  TIckled to death.  I'd log in to work, do my 8 hours and sign out.  Decent hourly rate, plenty of work.  Never volunteered for overtime but then again it was not mandatory. Fast forward several months and guess what?  They started outsourcing my main account to our friends and neighbo ...

Nightmare At Nuance
Sep 03, 2014

Do you wonder if the TSMs are real or are they just machines?  They all give the very same answers when you are OOW.  It is like a script that they had to learn.   No matter what the question, the same answer.  I think I am living in a nightmare at Nuance. ...