A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wait A Minute...They are figuring LPH AFTER deducting - 5% for platform!!

Posted: Jan 15, 2015

It just occurred to me. Not only are we getting a 5% deduction for having a "good platform" but the LPH (Lines Per Hour) are also figured AFTER taking off the 5%. So if I actually TYPE 950 lines in 5 hours which is 190 LPH, now I am only getting 902 lines in 5 hours which is 180.5 LPH, which drops me down a tier on the grid which ALSO docks my pay BESIDES the 5% they are docking for the "good platform." You would not think that 5% makes a difference, but it DOES. I checked this with my paystub.

Wish it was 5%, try 50% for PS - Sunnyphilly

[ In Reply To ..]
We have a 50% deduction on the power scribe platform. I've been using this software for years and I can assure you that it is not so easy as to be able to justify having the pay cut in half, especially when they do not count our lines, just give us an estimate of what used to be 15 lines, but is now 7-1/2 lines per report for all reports. Yes, that's correct, regardless of length, they have decided to pay us for SEVEN AND A HALF LINES PER REPORT.

OMG that sounds like the biggest ripoff I've ever heard of!! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Get together and raise a huge STINK!!! - We did at BayScribe

[ In Reply To ..]
As one of the MTs said during the heated teleconference meeting when the leader couldn't get a word in edgewise because of the disgruntled MTs voiding their anger, "We transcribe the lines but we don't get PAID for them?--that's STEALING!" After threats of quitting (which some did in the days to follow) and further assertively voicing our displeasure, e.g. "You're WRONG!" and "That's illegal!" and "You should be ashamed for penalizing us for doing quality work for very little pay!"(the meeting went WAY over), a couple of days later we were told that policy was going to be rescinded. I was really surprised but I have to give the higher-ups credit for listening. But it dismays me to read that they're still have that policy in place with your platform! That's not being fair across the board so it shouldn't even be a policy! Get together and request a meeting and fight for those lines you work so hard for! Good luck!

Oops-'voicing'--not 'voiding' - sorry--in a hurry

[ In Reply To ..]
x

You're right. Our meeting was like stunned deers in headlights - Janitor

[ In Reply To ..]
They're still refining the damn thing because we do let them get away with it. If we don't say something then we need to get passive aggressive and get creative with undermining this thievery. Or we could all quit.

Similar Messages:

Sit And Wait, Sit And Wait. Glad I Didn't Quit My Other Job
Feb 04, 2015

, ...

Radiology Paid Per Minute? Is $1/dictated Minute Good, Bad, Average?
Mar 01, 2010

Have 4 years experience.  Mostly acute care/basic 4.   Got a job offer for Radiology using Meditech platform and pay offered is $1 per dictated minute.  This is an IC job.  Haven't done radiology exclusively before and haven't been paid per dictated minute either.  Thoughts? Thanks! ...

Deducting From QA For Blanks
Aug 10, 2013

Is it common for the transcription services to deduct from our QA score now, or is this exclusive to Nuance?  I'm pretty frustrated today:  VR had said 14 cm, but it sure sounded like 40 cm, but it was an orbital rim fracture (a small area), so I was reluctant to change it to 40 without another pair of ears.  I put this in an elaboration (which we're not paid for) and found I was dinged 0.25 for my efforts (only thing "wrong" with the report).  I'm not sure I c ...

Companies Deducting From Your Wages
Aug 13, 2012

On the Company board, someone commented that Global Information Systems is deducting $5.00 per error.  THIS IS WRONG and it DOES make your company irreputable.  Another person commented their company was reputable and does the same thing.  In what world is it sensible to say a company is reputable and then cite how they behave illegally? This link fills you in.  Your company can't deduct your wages unless you signed an agreement saying they could.  And if you did t ...

QA Score Deducting Points If They Are Able To Resolve The Blank...
Jan 29, 2015

Is this new? I just noticed that the last report I had sent to QA had .25 points deducted because they were able to fill in my blank. I know these scores don't count like QC scores do, but I find it bizare that they deduct points for it. I feel like I'm being punished for not being as swift as a QC person. Yikes! I did hear what the doctor said, but it didn't make sense to me so I wanted another opinion before it went to the client. Isn't that what we are supposed to do! ...

Help With Figuring Out Pay
Apr 29, 2010

Can someone help me figure this out.  I am being paid 0.03 cents per line.  Do I multiply my lines x 0.03 or x 0.3?  Thanks. ...

Am I Figuring This Right? SM
Jun 14, 2012

Say I edit 250 lines in1 hour.  At 4 cpl, that's $10/hour.  Working OT for 25% (which is 1 cent of 4 cpl), 250 lines in 1 hour x 5 cpl = 12.50.   That extra $2.50 x 8 hours is $20.  Doesn't seem worth my weekend for that.   Can't count on straight typing - some days I hardly have any and some days I'll have 10 to 15%. ...

Figuring PTO
Nov 20, 2012

Does anybody know how to figure out exactly how much PTO you have left?  Like is it deducted after it is granted or after the date that you are taking it has passed?  I would not think it would be deducted when it is still pending. Thanks ...

I Need Some Help Figuring This Out...sm
Nov 28, 2012

I posted a week or so ago about a job offer working for a court reporting agency.  It is transcription that pays 5 cpl on a gross line.  The work is actually doing claims for insurance companies.   She wanted me to come a week ago before I started just to see how fast and well I could transcribe. I typed 7 pages in 20 minutes, which equaled about 127 lines.  So I figured, wow 127 lines in 20 minutes, that's great.  I'll do just fine at this job.  Well ...

Figuring Out Ppl Instead Of Hourly
Jan 25, 2011

I've been paid by the hour for the past 11 years, was laid off and am now searching for work. How do I transition to ppl pay to equal the amount of my unemployment so that I'll know I can pay my bills? What questions do I ask potential employers? Work load? Average pay? I'm so confused! The 'Newbie" Tammie ...

Figuring Out QA Score
Jan 02, 2015

Did you get the hoops we have to jump through now to figure out your QA score.  Can't just put in the pay date range and go by that because they are auditing reports outside the pay range, either before or after.  Then you might manage to get 2 reports audited within the pay range, after you jump through hoops and figure it out yourself.  So, what you think you are getting, when it shows up in webclock, it is way less than what you figured out in Fiesa.  This is TOTAL BS ...

To Be BOS Correct, How Would One Write This: 3-4 Minute Episode, 3 To 4 Minute Episode Or 3 To 4-mi
Jul 09, 2013

I question things now that I never before questioned in my life!  Thanks for any help. ...

I Need Help In Figuring Out My Line Count?
Oct 16, 2011

I've done this before but can't figure it out now.  I've totalled my line counts each day for a week including ASR and straight transcription, but now what do I do with that total?  Do I divide it by 7 days in the week or however many days I work or is it the hours I work?  Thanks for helping me. ...

Help With Figuring Out Line Count
May 10, 2012

I am new and so far have had no problems with running out of work which is what happened all the time when I was with Medquist (M Modal) but where do you find the breakdown of your lines???  I gave gone into FIESA and generate reports and I see all my lines grouped together but not broken down as to what was VR and the other straight dictation.  Or I am looking it and don't even realize it.  Thanks ...

Figuring Out Rate Per Character
Aug 22, 2014

Does anyone know how to figure out what the rate per character would be if pay is 14 cents a line at 70 characters per line? ...

How Does MModal Fire You? I'm Figuring I'll
Dec 17, 2014

I can't pass an audit to save my life...I figure any day now I'll receive a call telling me to log out, even though I've not finished the report I'm on, and I'll be fired.  I'm so sick of feeling like I'm doing my best, only to find out that this little error, or that little error (spacing or period or comma, among others) causes a 0.25 point drop and those puppies add up.  I think 99.5 is an unreasonable level and I'm sick and tired of feeling w ...

Wednesday Nightmare. Figuring Out Our Timecards. Sm
Dec 16, 2014

Have a headache just thinking about it.  How will we be able to verify accuracy and that we are not getting ripped off even more than we already are?  Follow the 12-step instructions "on our own time, of course." Just want to scream! ...

Is OOW Time Factored When Figuring Hourly
Jan 28, 2015

Several times last week, I have been out of work and had to wait the required 15 minutes before clocking out.  Let's just say that happens 4 times in a pay week -- that's a whole hour.  When taking my converted lines and dividing by the number of hours clocked in, does the OOW time count?     ...

Can Someone Please Explain To Me The Process Of Figuring Out Your Line Count Rate? . . . .
May 18, 2010

I understand that the potential is there to maybe collect unemployment due to low, unavailable work with the Q.  I am curious as to how to figure my hourly rate with the Q to see if I am even making minimum rate in my state (which is $7.25/hour)  any one interested in explaining the process on how to figure this out?   Thanking one and all in advance. ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

NJA 15 Min Wait/pay
Jun 16, 2010

When you get NJA and you wait the 15 minutes, how is that reflected on your pay check.  I think I have not been paid for these for a while cause I never look at my pay stub.  My fault I know, but I just want to be aware going forward and not sure what the entry for the pay is.  ...

But Wait! There's More!
Aug 26, 2010

Do you have a flair for the English language?   Are you at least proficient in English?  How about good listening skills?  Know anything at all about American culture or accents?  GREAT!  Just WALK IN off the streets of HYDERABAD and be a real live American medical transcriptionist. Don't know English, much less American English?  THAT'S OK!  We'll just train you, lickety-split! p.s.  Typing and knowing how to ...

We Will Just Have To Wait And See What Happens
Apr 27, 2012

on 05/01, but it could be that MTSOs really are going to let go those who strike or play sick and give those of us that did not a good pay raise! ...

I Cannot Wait To
Feb 28, 2013

start my new job and eventually leave MModal after I dig out of my hole.  I wished that when this all started back in October I would have started looking then.  Oh well will be 2 jobbing it for awhile.  I read some of the posts on MModal board lately and this company has people crazed with all the fighting and name calling going on.  It is depressing.  It should not matter if you are pro or con MModal we are all people.  Gosh, with this company it could be fe ...

Do We Log Out Or Just Sit Here And Wait? Nm
Nov 03, 2014

NM ...

So Wait
Apr 08, 2015

wasn't our quality supposed to be 99.5% ??  now they want it to be 99.65% ?? oh.my.god.  what was i just saying about setting us up to fail?    i'll tell ya what MModal.  i'll see if i can meet YOUR expectations as i'm sure you'll be meeting MY expectations of a liveable wage.   you get what you pay for.  best you be managing those expectations of yours. ...

I Can't Wait Any Longer!!!
Apr 19, 2010

Okay! I've had enough.  I was going to hang in longer but I am now being Aggressive and sending my resume out!  I won't be doing MT work anymore -- that's for sure!  Perhaps working at the local community college if not for the government.  At this point, I don't really care what I do because anything is better than this!  WooHoo!  It's a AHAA movement for me.  It won't be long now.  Best of luck to those who chose to stay wit ...

How Long Do You Wait?
Jul 27, 2011

How long do you wait after you apply and test before you email and/or contact the recruiter?  The way I see it, I have spent at least a couple of hours on their tests and at the very least deserve an email within a few days either way.  Maybe times have changed. Or maybe I should cc the HR dept asking for an update on my application status? ...

How Long Do I Wait?
Mar 20, 2012

I lost my IC MT job in January.  The MTSO lost the account I was working on.  They are trying to obtain another account and when they do I will be called back to work.  In the meantime I have been looking around and this past month I have been applying for part-time IC work.  I could use the paycheck!  I contacted my previous MTSO and they have nothing yet.  I am not finding any work at all.  I'm feeling anxious.  So, I think I need to be more flexibl ...

Can't Wait Til MT Week!
Apr 10, 2012

going to be some delightful surprises in store! Counting the days!! And then she woke up... ...