A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

figuring out QA score - madperson

Posted: Jan 02, 2015

Did you get the hoops we have to jump through now to figure out your QA score.  Can't just put in the pay date range and go by that because they are auditing reports outside the pay range, either before or after.  Then you might manage to get 2 reports audited within the pay range, after you jump through hoops and figure it out yourself.  So, what you think you are getting, when it shows up in webclock, it is way less than what you figured out in Fiesa.  This is TOTAL BS.  So, those of you who figured you might have made higher, .9, .10, .11, don't count on it.  It will have figured out to the measly .7 or .8.  This plan is just another way to screw us.

I thought it was bad enough before just - getting the FIESA nastygrams

[ In Reply To ..]
This is just ridiculous. What geniuses had this brainstorm?

Hey, let's humiliate the MTs by setting their former partners the QA/QC against them, picking apart whatever they can and keep looking until they find something to get points off.

THEN, we can make the MTs spend hours figuring out the percentages and idiotic rules, try (fruitlessly) to reverse bogus grievous errors, and add insult to injury by playing where's the audit.

You do have to wonder if they really do want us to quit, right? I used to think this was paranoid, but now I have to admit I am leaning towards that.

I'm still not bothering with FIESA until I absolutely have to, since the most ridiculous of errors never gets overturned anyway.

I got a full 1.0 off for typing HEENT when supposedly it was HENT. There was nothing of pertinence under the heading, it sounded like HEENT to me, and one would think that being the usual form and it was not clearly enunciated as HENT, (it was blurred like everything else the guy dictated), it would not be an error.

But no, 1.0, and the supervisor backed it up and said it should have been HENT.

Come on now, Nuance, is it worth challenging anything with this kind of garbage going on? I think not.

HENT - CINDY

[ In Reply To ..]
What do you think he left off the eyes or the ears. I have never in my 30 years seen it type HENT. How ridiculous. The problem is these companies are bending over backwards to please these hospitals, and it should be just the opposite they should be so happy to have someone doing their work instead of nitpicking a letter that was supposedly normally always there.

Just sickening. I also got a error for typing a different tense of the word which does not even make sense the way they had it.

I dont think its the facilities when it comes to things like - HEENT, SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I think that's just QA being ridiculous. Any healthcare provider who looks at that report and sees "HENT" will thinks "WTH?"

I mean honestly, that's common sense and one of those things that goes without saying.
They said "per scoring guidelines" - it is a major error
[ In Reply To ..]
The "approver" did not say why, if you could barely hear what he was saying, they decided it was HENT instead of HEENT.

I said if this dictator prefers HENT it should be in the specs. Approver kind of agreed, but as you say I believe the dictator could give a flying whatever if it were HENT or HEENT, if he did he would have enunciated it better, and HENT rather than HEENT is just stupid.

Even though the "approver" agreed with the specs request, want to make a bet it never gets asked and never turns up in the specs? How would the poor QA person keep getting their kill thataways?

Ugh, disgusting and a waste of time. Nuance is the worst of the worst.

Extremities will be next - ss

[ In Reply To ..]
If person only has one leg and they state "patient's right leg amputated above knee" but doesn't mention other leg I guess it is an error if you don't change heading to: EXTREMITY. The HEENT/HENT issue is simply another way go pick, pick, pick at us.

Did he not talk about the eyes or the ears? How did they - justify it?

[ In Reply To ..]

With this account we are - supposed to expand HEENT

[ In Reply To ..]
Although it is verbatim. This is what I got from them:

Medical/English Word Misuse Major 1.0

Error Text: HEAD, EYES, EARS, NOSE, AND THROAT: Head is normocephalic. Sclerae nonicteric.

Correction Text: HEAD, EYES, NOSE, AND THROAT: Head is normocephalic. Sclerae nonicteric.

This is just bizarre, really, since the heading was not expanded in dictation, dictated as HEENT to my listening, even if possibly HENT, really, 1.0 points?

I am thinking now they don't have to justify anything, we are the ones running around like idiots trying to reverse this nonsense, and after all that time and research and coming up with what you think is a cogent argument, pretty much they just say nah, nah, nah, nah, nah (figuratively speaking).

I think I am going to be putting the maximum amount of blanks in any report and listening closely for any little thing you wouldn't even think would be an error to put a blank in.

These QA people are mining deep for anything they can get away with, and once they hit gold like this one they will keep doing it every time with this dictator to any unsuspecting MT so they can collect their 1.0 off them.

Very very petty, but regardless of what is said, there must be some pressure to come up with errors if they are using things as silly as this. Just beware.

If they don't find an error they make one - Taelus

[ In Reply To ..]
No error? Just make one up. That's just what they did to me to have my QC score over 10%. Sort of wondering where they get these scores anyways.

I get none of my QC edits in FIESA, only post audits or the dreaded and rare client feedback.

I got the HENT error too, total crap - and I told them so in the feedback

[ In Reply To ..]
ssss

This should be a warning to be aware of - The HEENT/HENT trap

[ In Reply To ..]
This conniving QA person has obviously found something she can get her superior to okay, despite it being utterly ridiculous, incorrect, and not in any way fair, so if you have a doctor who is a mushmouth and tends to do long, rambling reports with a fast talking PE section, BEWARE and put a blank in for HEENT if it is unclear.

No doubt they will find something else they can ding us on that is equally as obscure, so possibly anyone zinged with one of these doozy "errors which are not" and has not been able to get it reversed, you know then that they think they're onto a winner so we need to be vigilant.

What a pity it has come to this. QA people should be ashamed of themselves. I can only think there has to be some kind of incentive to get bogus points off us and it is sanctioned by the higher-ups (NOT my TSM, BTW, she could not say much but my feeling was that she agreed it was idiotic).

Thanks for sharing, and if anyone else has any of these, please let us know.
It is idiotic, my TSM said she and other TSMs fought - hard on this one but it is
[ In Reply To ..]
QA reviewer TM initials JP who insists it is correct.

Oh yes, I will definitely be blanking if I cannot clearly hear 2 E's or if eyes/ears not mentioned.

Let the games begin!
The problem is who would even think they - would come up with that?
[ In Reply To ..]
I mean, honestly, that error would never have occurred to me in a million years, especially since we are supposed to expand HEENT for this account. If you are going to vary that, it would at least seem that the dictator would have expanded it himself for them to make that distinction.

That's the thing that worries me, as unaware as I was that HEENT would even be in contention, there will be other doozies they come up with that are equally as unexpected and frankly idiotic, so the question must remain, what's their motivation?
I confirm - your initials
[ In Reply To ..]
What a piece of work, eh?
This morning it is very hard to hear - whether HENT or HEENT
[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly. Normally I would just put HEENT or HEAD, EYES, EARS, NOSE, AND THROAT expansion because that is the accepted form, but after getting dinged on the HEENT in favor of HENT I am literally almost every time putting a blank.

I am truly not being vindictive about this or trying to prove a point, but since you get dinged for putting HEENT when supposedly they are saying HENT, if you can't tell which it is every time (it has to be one of the things almost every dictator really rushes so if they say it spelling out the letters, H-E-E-N-T, very difficult to tell if they are saying 1 E or 2) then you have to leave it blank every time.

Pedantic QA people with this issue will mean unhappy clients I believe. If they hear the story why the blanks are there, I can't imagine they would side with the QA, but I'll be darned if I am taking another chance I will get 1.0 points off because of this.
Every dog has it's day. Messing with people's livelihood - is not good. Eventually they will reap what they s
[ In Reply To ..]

Yes and they want you to think you are getting the difference - in pay by...

[ In Reply To ..]
having you think you will at least be paid 7 cpl no matter what; however, that's after they deduct lines from your line count with the conversion method. They are trying to use some form of psychology by throwing that minimum of 7 cpl in there and then when the 8, 9, 10 & 11 come into play people who don't know any better REALLY think they are getting something.

QA - Disappointed

[ In Reply To ..]
I think what bugs me the most about this QA crap is that I get dinged for stupid stuff (as you all have) but I have asked REPEATEDLY to be able to listen to the voice file again so I can see for myself and have been REPEATEDLY rebuffed in this. I say unless I have a way to defend myself, they can just do whatever they like and I've got no way to prove it.

Sadly, on my platform I can listen and - I did with the HENT/HEENT

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounded very vague to me and could have been either HEENT or HENT, but my point was why would someone say HENT very quick and expect you to know what he was saying unless in specs, which it was not?

So even though I could hear it and that's what I heard, tough on me, they would not reverse. This is usually how it is with reversals in my experience.

HOWEVER, if you cannot listen at all that should have legal implications IMHO. It is a sham.

This whole FIESA Spanish Inquisition thing is just a smoke and mirrors con artist thing anyway, and it would be much more honest if they would just reduce our pay and make a bonus a true bonus, not pretend to give with one hand while taking away more with the other.

Similar Messages:

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

Help With Figuring Out Pay
Apr 29, 2010

Can someone help me figure this out.  I am being paid 0.03 cents per line.  Do I multiply my lines x 0.03 or x 0.3?  Thanks. ...

Am I Figuring This Right? SM
Jun 14, 2012

Say I edit 250 lines in1 hour.  At 4 cpl, that's $10/hour.  Working OT for 25% (which is 1 cent of 4 cpl), 250 lines in 1 hour x 5 cpl = 12.50.   That extra $2.50 x 8 hours is $20.  Doesn't seem worth my weekend for that.   Can't count on straight typing - some days I hardly have any and some days I'll have 10 to 15%. ...

Figuring PTO
Nov 20, 2012

Does anybody know how to figure out exactly how much PTO you have left?  Like is it deducted after it is granted or after the date that you are taking it has passed?  I would not think it would be deducted when it is still pending. Thanks ...

I Need Some Help Figuring This Out...sm
Nov 28, 2012

I posted a week or so ago about a job offer working for a court reporting agency.  It is transcription that pays 5 cpl on a gross line.  The work is actually doing claims for insurance companies.   She wanted me to come a week ago before I started just to see how fast and well I could transcribe. I typed 7 pages in 20 minutes, which equaled about 127 lines.  So I figured, wow 127 lines in 20 minutes, that's great.  I'll do just fine at this job.  Well ...

Figuring Out Ppl Instead Of Hourly
Jan 25, 2011

I've been paid by the hour for the past 11 years, was laid off and am now searching for work. How do I transition to ppl pay to equal the amount of my unemployment so that I'll know I can pay my bills? What questions do I ask potential employers? Work load? Average pay? I'm so confused! The 'Newbie" Tammie ...

I Need Help In Figuring Out My Line Count?
Oct 16, 2011

I've done this before but can't figure it out now.  I've totalled my line counts each day for a week including ASR and straight transcription, but now what do I do with that total?  Do I divide it by 7 days in the week or however many days I work or is it the hours I work?  Thanks for helping me. ...

Help With Figuring Out Line Count
May 10, 2012

I am new and so far have had no problems with running out of work which is what happened all the time when I was with Medquist (M Modal) but where do you find the breakdown of your lines???  I gave gone into FIESA and generate reports and I see all my lines grouped together but not broken down as to what was VR and the other straight dictation.  Or I am looking it and don't even realize it.  Thanks ...

Figuring Out Rate Per Character
Aug 22, 2014

Does anyone know how to figure out what the rate per character would be if pay is 14 cents a line at 70 characters per line? ...

How Does MModal Fire You? I'm Figuring I'll
Dec 17, 2014

I can't pass an audit to save my life...I figure any day now I'll receive a call telling me to log out, even though I've not finished the report I'm on, and I'll be fired.  I'm so sick of feeling like I'm doing my best, only to find out that this little error, or that little error (spacing or period or comma, among others) causes a 0.25 point drop and those puppies add up.  I think 99.5 is an unreasonable level and I'm sick and tired of feeling w ...

Wednesday Nightmare. Figuring Out Our Timecards. Sm
Dec 16, 2014

Have a headache just thinking about it.  How will we be able to verify accuracy and that we are not getting ripped off even more than we already are?  Follow the 12-step instructions "on our own time, of course." Just want to scream! ...

Wait A Minute...They Are Figuring LPH AFTER Deducting
Jan 15, 2015

It just occurred to me. Not only are we getting a 5% deduction for having a "good platform" but the LPH (Lines Per Hour) are also figured AFTER taking off the 5%. So if I actually TYPE 950 lines in 5 hours which is 190 LPH, now I am only getting 902 lines in 5 hours which is 180.5 LPH, which drops me down a tier on the grid which ALSO docks my pay BESIDES the 5% they are docking for the "good platform." You would not think that 5% makes a difference, but it DOES. I checked this with my payst ...

Is OOW Time Factored When Figuring Hourly
Jan 28, 2015

Several times last week, I have been out of work and had to wait the required 15 minutes before clocking out.  Let's just say that happens 4 times in a pay week -- that's a whole hour.  When taking my converted lines and dividing by the number of hours clocked in, does the OOW time count?     ...

Can Someone Please Explain To Me The Process Of Figuring Out Your Line Count Rate? . . . .
May 18, 2010

I understand that the potential is there to maybe collect unemployment due to low, unavailable work with the Q.  I am curious as to how to figure my hourly rate with the Q to see if I am even making minimum rate in my state (which is $7.25/hour)  any one interested in explaining the process on how to figure this out?   Thanking one and all in advance. ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

89% Score
Jul 25, 2012

I have tested for M*Modal TWICE now in the last few months and have only gotten an 89% accuracy rating........I have been a med trans for a long, LONG time and don't understand how I could score so low. Is there ANY WAY I can email someone within the company to explain to me WHERE I made the mistakes they said I made????? Makes me doubt my ability. Any info would be greatly appreciated!! ...

Should I Let QA Know About Their Score?
Oct 02, 2013

Get graded every time I work and always aware to try and do my best. I got 100% excellent score on my work 2 days ago. The only problem here is I have not worked now in 3 weeks as I am on sick leave. Shhhhhh. ...

Well.,...score Below 98 .
Dec 20, 2013

I guess I am screwed.  In all my years I have never had this many "Major Errors".  Guess I have just been stupid my whole life and didn't know it.  Score below 98 and since they have been monitoring me quite a lot the last week or so I imagine they are done with me for the quarter.  Some of these errors are errors, but REALLY?  If/of is kind of a typo in my book.  SR had it one way and I did fail to catch it, but really had no change in context. How can they ex ...

Score Below 99%
Jan 15, 2014

My score for the quarter was 98.3%.  I will probably get fired.  All my working life (25 years) I always scored excellent on quality.  When I look at the post audit though, I am mostly at 100%.  It makes me feel kind of worthless.  ...

Where Does Their QA Score Come From?
Jan 28, 2015

I figured my QA to be in the 99.7 range based on FIESA.  On my timecard it is in the 99.5 range.  How can that be verified?  Can it be verified in FIESA?  If so, based on what parameters? Thanks~ ...

Is A Score Of 98.6% Considered Okay.
Jan 20, 2010

Sorry, cannot remember.  Tried looking before posting.  Thanks!!!! ...

Do You Know How Your QA Score Is Calculated And
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...

Apgar Score
Feb 25, 2010

I am CONTINUALLY getting flack about APGAR.  If I put Apgar, I get it back corrected as APGAR.  If I put APGAR, I get it back corrected as Apgar.  If I put Apgar's, comes back Apgars.  If I put Apgar's it comes back Apgars... I have my Dorland's dictionary, and it has Apgar, A capitalized, pgar lower case, but in my abbreviation guide it's all caps (APGAR). Does anyone have anything different OR perhaps a solution?  ...

Reicker's Score?
Jun 22, 2012

Acute alcohol withdrawal - patient with "Reicker's score" of 4.  Thanks! ...

Milumbut Score
Oct 03, 2012

In  neck examination - milambut score is 4 ?? Thanks! ...

QA Score Requirement?
Jan 08, 2013

What is the QA score requirement?  I thought it was 99%.  I had three audits today that scored 99.75% and was told that if I proofread the jobs better before I sent them I would catch these small mistakes (one per job).  Are we supposed to get 100% now?  Just curious.  TIA! ...

Low Score On FIESA
May 09, 2013

My FIESA scores are VERY low this quarter with a lot of points being taken off for errors. Has anyone been in a situation where at the end of the quarter they had a score that was below 98% and what happened? Is that instant termination? This is astonishing to me as I will be here for 4 years and never have had low scores ever and have never been in this predicament before. Thank you for any replies. ...

FIESA Score
Jul 01, 2013

Anyone else here get below 98% accuracy for April through June? It's July 1st now and the beginning of a new quarter for us all. I got below 98%, received 96% to 97% score. Am I going to be fired or what? NEVER had scores this low before ever! ...

CHAD Score
Jul 06, 2013

CHAD VASC score of 1?   How do you transcribe this phrase?   ...