A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

followup, follow up, follow-up, etc. - ?

Posted: Aug 15, 2011

Can someone please tell me what the new and improved BOS rules are for the use of these words?

There is no follow-up with a hyphen. sm - oldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
For about the past ten years the standard has been follow up (verb) and followup (adjective).

Follow-up - ca

[ In Reply To ..]
My AAMT book says for the noun or adjective form, follow-up is an acceptable alternative.

Follow up/ followup - Newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
The way I understand it is this: Noun/ adjective form would be followup/follow-up. The verb form would be follow up.

Similar Messages:

Followup Or Follow-up
Jan 21, 2010

when not used as a verb is it hyphenated or one word? ...

Followup Vs. Follow Up
Sep 11, 2010

Is follow up one word or two, such as "the patient returns for follow up of right knee pain."  Half the girls I work with do it one way and I have always done it as two words.  I would just like to know who is correct.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Followup Or Follow Up
Mar 01, 2011

Help guys!  I have been working with numbers all day, which is not my cup of tea!  I am totally brain dead right now.  If the doctor states the patient is to have cardiology followup, it would be followup, or is it follow up?  ...

Followup .... Follow Up
Feb 01, 2012

Like to share a link about when to use followup and when to use follow up! ...

Follow Up Vs Followup ...
Apr 24, 2012

whats your opinion for the sentence below? "I plan to see him in followup/follow up in 6 months." the doc prefers it one way whereas i'm pretty sure I know which one it should be...can i get your opinion?... ...

Follow Up Or Followup
Jan 09, 2013

It's always the little things that snag me up.  I know the rules on follow up as a verb  and followup as a noun and adjective, but when a doc says, "CHIEF COMPLAINT:  Follow up acne", does he mean "recheck acne" which would make follow up a verb and thus spelled follow up, or does he mean "here for a followup of acne"? and thus the followup spelling.  What is the general rule on this "shortened" statement? Thanks. ...

Followup Vs Follow Up
Feb 28, 2013

Does anyone have a good way to explain the difference in how to use them? ...

Follow Up Vs Followup
Nov 04, 2013

Someone once told me a word to substitue that would let you know which follow up to use.  Does anyone know what that word is???? ...

Using Followup Versus Follow Up
May 19, 2011

Hello Ladies....where I work we are diving into the Book of Style.  I am having a hard time determining when to use followup (one word) versus follow up (2 words).  Can anyone post any examples of the correct usage and/or anything you use to help you know which way is correct?   Thanks ...

Need Help/input. QA Problem....followup/follow Up
Jan 19, 2012

I know how to use followup and follow up in most circumstances, and I thought I knew how to use it in all circumstances. However, what about in these instances: CHIEF COMPLAINT: Followup/follow up. CHIEF COMPLAINT: Followup/follow up of left knee pain. I was 100% confident in myself, but QA has given mixed feedback... ...

Help! Will Follow Up S/l EP STAT? I'm Stumped!
Jun 09, 2010

.. ...

Small-bowel Follow-through
Aug 06, 2010

Can anyone please give me a reliable source to verify the correct way to type small-bowel follow-through?  Appreciate any help.     ...

Follow-up On QA Submission Yesterday
Oct 27, 2010

On the 3 horrible reports that I had to submit to QA yesterday because of the 3-blank rule, thus losing 3 cpl probably, QA had no more luck filling in the blanks than I and sent them through with 5-10 blanks.  That makes me so mad -- not at QA, just in general that I get penalized financially when it was the DOCTOR'S FAULT AND THE PICKY FACILITY'S "RULE."  ...

TTS - I Was Offered A Job But They Didn't Follow Up.
Aug 17, 2011

What is up with this company?    Maybe they lost accounts but at least they could have let me know so I'm not just waiting for training. ...

Umm... I Think MModal Did Not Follow The WARN Act.
Aug 17, 2013

http://www.dol.gov/compliance/guide/layoffs.htm WARN protects workers, their families, and communities by requiring employers to provide notification 60 calendar days in advance of plant closings and mass layoffs.  Advance notice gives workers and their families some transition time to adjust to the prospective loss of employment, to seek and obtain other jobs and, if necessary, to enter skill training or retraining that will allow these workers to compete successfully in the job mark ...

Capitalization - The Nouns That Follow A Proper Noun
Oct 05, 2011

Hi guys, Having a discrepancy regarding captilization of the words, especially if they are following a proper noun. Example:  Severstal Sparrows plant dispensary, Macy's storeroom. In the above examples, is it mandatory to captilize the nouns that follow a proper noun. i.e., Severstal Sparrows Plant Dispensary, Macy's Storeroom.   Please do the needful.   Thnx, Syd !         ...

Does M*Modal Follow AHDI Book Of Style?
Feb 08, 2013

I ask this because in my pre-employment test with M*Modal, I got dictations where they dictated the wrong punctuation and I edited it according to the AHDI Book of Style, which is one of my chief references when transcribing. I got a reply back from M*Modal saying that my results of their pre-employment test "did not match their criteria", whatever that means. I got the same reply from Acusis, another company that rejected me on the grounds that my results "didn't make the cut."  Was ...

Capitalization - The Patient Was Advised To Follow Up With Primary Care
Feb 28, 2012

"The patient was advised to follow up with Primary Care." I have been capitalizing Primary Care....Is this correct? Need second opinion. Thanks! ...

Help! Patient Had Head Trauma A Year Ago And Doc Is Dictating A Follow-up (sm)
Oct 03, 2014

Patient had a FU MRI scan of the brain showing "possible punctate area of signal loss in the (s/l greater archeal) imaging."  I was thinking "radionuclide" but not so sure about this!  Thanks for any help! ...

Testing Question...Do You Transcribe Verbatim Or Follow AAMT Guidelines?? Sm
Dec 30, 2009

Is one or the other just a given?  Please help! ...

If You Are Working For A Company In Another State, Do They Follow Their State Rules Or Your States?
May 12, 2010

x ...

Would You Hyphenate "a 3 Year Follow Up" Is Recommended
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

MT Week "follow Up" Letter
Jun 10, 2013

Did they use the incorrect for of "follow up" in this letter?  Shouldn't it be followup?  99.6% accuracy....HMMMM..... ...

Q Regarding "follow Up"
Jan 19, 2010

I always get confused when "and" is used before "follow up" .. is it followup or follow up? She is going to increase her activity and follow up with me in 2 weeks. ...

To Me2 Followup On ASR
Jun 18, 2010

Well, in trying a couple of your suggestions, I find it did not make a substantial difference.  I found I already try listening ahead and I had been using ctrl M to jump around the report when I need to, but never works for going faster through the actual report because I can't tell what is background gibberish while the dictator is thinking and what might be the dictator.  Leading me to believe it must have a lot to do with the account.  I can never go too far ahead of the d ...

Followup To AccuMed Job...
Apr 22, 2010

Has anybody who applied for the work comp orthopedic job from AccuMed got a response yet?  I'm just following up from last week when no one, including myself, had gotten a reply to their application/resume.  Thanks. ...

Interview Followup
Dec 27, 2012

It's been a long time since I interviewed face-to-face, as I did today at a hospital, and I am wondering if I should follow up with a thank you note for their time; what do you think?  ...

Shall We Have A Redo Of Followup?
Mar 26, 2013

I think it is a ridiculous thing to lose points over, but I am INSISTING that the way I typed this sentence is correct:   The patient returned to the cancer center for followup of her metastatic cancer.   Isn't "returned" the verb in this sentence?  I am adamant that followup should be one word here, but I am being told it should be "The patient returned to the cancer center for follow up of her metastatic cancer".  This is making me crazy.  The explanation I r ...

Landmark Followup
Apr 01, 2013

I am just curious to know if everyone was placed on other accounts or not after losing your account.  I am still waiting to be put on another account, but I am looking for more work.  Thanks ...

Cardiology Followup
Jun 18, 2013

"She was hospitalized April 9 with ____ with hip fracture with open reduction and internal fixation and then, several days into hospitalization, she developed mild stroke with facial droop."  Sounds like "nonsacable 4".  I have no idea and would appreciate any help.  He says the same word/words later in the report, "Prior history of transient blood pressure drops and ____."  TIA ...