A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Benefit rate went down $3.00 an hour, just in time for vacation - anon

Posted: Jan 17, 2014

Just great. Even though it says on their little line count thing that I do 488 lines per hour, benefit rate goes down $3.00 an hour. I didn't do that many before so what gives MM?

Mine went down about a dollar which something seems wrong! sm - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
September lph went up and I have been production managed and no choice but to fly through some of these reports w/o proofing like I used to. My line count is up, I know this. Why is my benefit rate down???? I don't have time to think about this right now but then again I do not get PTO so it really doesn't matter. It doesn't make sense though........

mine went down 91 cents per hour. I knew this was coming - thats why i took all my leave in december

[ In Reply To ..]
down to the last minute. Wasn't wasting a cent.

Where did you find this? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

benefit rate letter they e mail to everyone - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
you should have gotten one

Nope, not yet ... just checked the mail - hopefully this weekend- NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I just calculated my hours and they differ from what MM has - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
everyone needs to check back on their timesheets. Mine were off 100 hours which really affects my rate.

Mine is up $1.24. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Mine went up too. It never goes down, either - stays the same or increases.

[ In Reply To ..]
$3 is a huge drop, you might wanna check in to that.

Benefit Rate - gltrgrami

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine has dropped each time, only a few cents, because I KEEP RUNNING OUT OF WORK!!!! Really!!! What is up with that. I am here to work. Not my fault, and should not be docked because MM runs out of work. This affects my benefit rate!! Bull _ _ _ _!!

PT now, so does it matter? - Down a buck

[ In Reply To ..]
I switched to PT, so the only thing that applies to me is downtime pay rate I guess. No more PTO, so what's the point?

Yeah I guess it matters how much downtime you have - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
work availability also is calculated by benefit rate

Thanks, I forgot about that - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm.

Work availability for some is based on minimum wage for state - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Benefit rate - gltrgrami

[ In Reply To ..]
Downtime pay?? Who gets that?? As far as I know it's either PTO or make-up time. I just went PT. No, I don't think it matters anymore. Can't wait til I am outta here. Hate this job. Hate this company.

Mine went - Down

[ In Reply To ..]
0.28 cents.

Mine went up $.53 ... big woop! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually thought it was going to be much more but oh well, at least it went up so that's a good thing.

Mine went up . . . - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
It was 44 cents for me. Glad it went up.

up too - corgi

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine went up about 80 cents, but last time it had gone down about a dollar, so I'm still making less than I made a few years ago.

betty

Can someone tell me exactly what this means - Looking for answers

[ In Reply To ..]
I received an email that my "benefit rate" went down $4.00. It stated this is used in calculating certain benefits and PTO. It also said if I had questions to go to the MM Intranet, which I did. I still have no clue what this means. Does anyone know? Is my PTO being cut? Are my disability benefits cut?

The last one of these was the first I had ever received and it said no change, so I didn't worry about it. What exactly is this?

Absolutely your PTO went down! - Frustrated MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Benefit letter states what your PTO rate was previously and what it is now. If it went down $3 and you are going on vacation soon, you make as much now. Sorry!

Benefit Rate - Sad MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, mine went down over $2.00 also. It is our fault we keep running out of work during our scheduled shifts? Is it our fault they have recalculated how we are paid? I really am looking forward to seeing how they react when I finally file bankruptcy. Will that make me a poor credit risk and result in "corrective action?" I made less money last year than I have since the early 1980s, literally.
When you declare bankruptcy - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing happens, did it 2 years ago..I did the one that you pay back, I am paying back EVERY dime, just with lower interest..No one has said anything to me..
SLAVE WAGES - gltrgrami
[ In Reply To ..]
I hear ya girl! I used to make 55K a year, now I'm lucky if I make 33K a year. It's ridiculous! More work, less pay, harder dictators, terrible health care, or NO health care because we cannot afford it. God help us all! Your not alone.

Mine did not say anything about PTO rate - Am I missing something?

[ In Reply To ..]
It said that my benefit rate would affect my PTO, but it did not say how. It said to read in MM Intranet, which I did. I still don't get it. This is the first I have had to deal with this. Please explain how it affects PTO.
Your PTO IS your benefit rate ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever the notice said was your "benefit rate", that is how much you are paid per hour of PTO.
anon - I really do not think so - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
My "benefit" rate went from $19 per hour to $15. I do not ever recall being paid $19 per hour during my PTO. That would be $152 a day, and that has never happened.
Look at your past paychecks in Ultipro - JustMe
[ In Reply To ..]
You can see your checks for the past few years in Ultipro. If there is an error I would let your supervisor and Payroll know.
Then you were cheated. I have worked for - msmt
[ In Reply To ..]
this company for almost 10 years and your benefit rate is your PTO rate. If you were not paid that on PTO, I would go back and find out why and get my back pay I was owed.
This makes me very jealous ^^^ LOL - $19/hr? WOW
[ In Reply To ..]
As jealous as I am (that's not sarcasm, that's a very good rate), I agree with the others - this is your benefit rate, aka your PTO rate of pay. If you haven't been paid this when you've taken PTO you should find out why.

Also, just an observation ... not that $15 is chump change, but it's a big difference from $19/hr. That's a pretty big drop.
The 19 was after aquisition - Now....
[ In Reply To ..]
I stayed at 19 because nothing changed for the first 6 months after we came to MM. Then our work started disappearing and I was reduced to a Tier 2 with a pay cut. Not much on primary now, and not much more on backup.
Sorry about the reduction ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
It's not $19/hr, but $15 isn't that bad either. I'm at $12 and that's up about $.50 from last time so I'm on my way up. You're my inspiration!

Would've been nice if they had let you keep it up there.

Mine went up over 1$ an hour - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That's a nice little raise! Congrats - XYZ

[ In Reply To ..]
It always feels good when our rate goes up instead of down ... it means you must be doing something right. Congratulations on the little PTO raise. :)

Similar Messages:

Applied For Partial UE But Since I Am Part Time, Same As My Benefit Rate
Feb 19, 2013

They told me the amt I would get is the same as my benefit rate of four hours paid by mmodal so I guess I won't bother.  It seems to be more of a pain than its worth. I will just take the benefit rate times four hours.  Can't live on it but better than nothing. ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Benefit Rate
Jul 13, 2010

I thought I was prepared for the benefit rate letter.   As far as I could tell, my pay had been at least the same and once in a while actually a few dollars higher.  So, how can my benefit rate go DOWN $1 PER HOUR???????????  I was prepared that it would not be higher, but I think this is just plain wrong.  Like the other poster said - wouldn't I have noticed if I was making $80-88 per paycheck LESS (80-88 hours full time average at minus $1 per hour)??  What a bunch of hooey.  ...

New Benefit Rate
Feb 15, 2012

Are you kidding me?  Now I am down to $10 an hour for my benefit rate.  I pulled out all my old rates and it shows a steady decline.  Seriously, it CAN'T be all me.  I have dropped from $17.25 to $16.16 to 14.39 to 13.58 to 12.56 to 10.60 to now 10.00.  Is everyone else going through the same?  I type the same as I always have for years and years and years, the only change is this ASR which apparently is the death of me. ...

Benefit Rate Dropping Again
Jan 12, 2010

For those of us that are still hanging on by a thread, did your benefit rate fall?  I just got my letter...lost another $1.  I know that doesn't seem much but over the last few changes I have lost $5...just keeps going down.  I guess I shouldn't care...I have had to use all of my PTO to make up time.  I am probably going to be performance managed (or fired, not sure) because my CCM said we could clock in and out all day to keep from putting in NJA tickets (so we wou ...

Benefit Rate Letter
Jul 20, 2012

How'd you do? (please no actual figures, just was it up or down). ...

Anyone Know When A New Benefit Rate Calculated?
Jan 12, 2013

Anyone know when a new benefit rate calculated? I have been earning this same crappy rate for at least 6 months even though I make double and almost triple the supposed "average lines per hour." I think I am getting ripped ...

What Exactly Is The Benefit Rate Tied To?
Jan 14, 2013

What exactly is the benefit rate tied to?  As in is that how they figure your pto or holiday rate?  Is the benefit rate figured by our lines per hour rate?  ...

Did You Benefit Rate Go Up, Down Or Stay The Same?
Jul 26, 2013

nm ...

Anybody Not Get A Benefit Rate Letter Yet?
Jul 29, 2013

I haven't gotten one yet.  Hope that doesn't mean something bad! ...

Found Out Why My Benefit Rate Went Down
Jan 23, 2014

Apparently they count work availability hours in your benefit rate calculation so you are getting dinged for not being able to work. If I can't work, I shouldn't be dinged for it IMO. That is why mine went down $3.00 an hour, lots of no work issues. ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Did Anyone Receive Notification Of Their Benefit Rate?
Aug 19, 2011

Did anyone receive notification of their benefit rate?  The email send out in July said we were supposed to be notified no later than July 20 of our new benefit rate.  I have never received any information.  Thanks. ...

Once Our Benefit Rate Reaches Min Wage Can It Go Lower?????
Jul 15, 2010

NM ...

Do You Get Vacation Time As An IC?
Jun 04, 2015

how  do they handle you being sick, etc, when you are an IC? Do you get PTO? It has been so long since I was an IC I do not remember. I'm thinking you get nothing and are able to take off whenever you need to. ...

Vacation Time Approval???!?!
Jul 28, 2012

How long does it take to get approval for a leave request?  It's been over a week now and my request is still unapproved.  Sheesh! ...

Vacation Time Balance
Sep 13, 2013

I know this is a dumb question but how do you know how many hours you still have available for vaca? Is it the number under "Balance" in Teamwork?   Thanks! ...

Imedx Vacation Time
Nov 21, 2014

Has anyone received an answer to their requests to take time off before 12/31?  I have sent in numerous requests and have heard nothing at all.  Just wondering if maybe my emails are not going through. ...

Doctors Out Of Office And Vacation Time
Sep 06, 2012

How do you handle this??? I have a few clients that don't tell me when they will not be in the office and then right before they go away everything  becomes a STAT.  How can I make them understand that without them being there I am losing time and money and that if I knew I could have made alternate plans. Any advice would be great! Cathy ...

TTS Vacation Time Accrual Questions
Aug 11, 2014

"Accrual rate of 0.02 per production hour." I guess I am stupid but I don't know what this means. 0.02 what? hours? Also, does it say anywhere, like on our paystub, how much vacation time we have accrued to date? TIA! ...

Audio Hour Going Rate?
May 09, 2011

I am trying to bid a job and never before have done so by the audio hour.  Is it correct for 1 hour of audio usually 4-5 hours of typing? what would be an acceptable rate ? thank you ...

Rate Per Audio Hour
Sep 01, 2011

I am applying for a position for a company, and in the application they ask what your "desired rate per audio hour" is. So far in my application process, I have only come across desired rate per line, so I did not know how to answer this question. Just out of curiosity, what is the average rate per audio hour for MTs? ...

Is $12/hour The Normal Rate For QA? Seems Kinda Low, But I'm Nm
Apr 26, 2012

ssss ...

No Longer Taking 2 Hour Tests Without Knowing Rate Of Pay. Join Me?
May 17, 2012

I've made a corporate decision.  For myself. As of 4:00 EST, on May 17, 2012, I will never again apply, or waste 2 unpaid hours of my valuable time testing for ANY company which does not list CPL or hourly pay in their job listing. I will also be submitting my own "EMPLOYER HANDBOOK" to potential employers, addressing wage transparency, full explanation of pay rates, and precise factors by which "hourly" or "minimum" wage amounts are arrived at. I ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

$5 An Hour? Time To GET OUT.
Mar 17, 2014

I feel for you, but nobody is holding a gun to your head to stay. How can you live on that and in those conditions? These monsters need a wake-up call, an EXODUS, if you will. Let THEM transcribe the work because you are worth more than this demeaning environment. ...

Do You Use A Colon With 24-hour Time Or Not? 1600 Or 16:00
Jan 26, 2011

Do you use a colon with 24-hour time or not?  1600 or 16:00 ...

Calculating Lines Per Hour Versus Time Worked
May 14, 2010

Hi everyone:) Just wanted to know how to calculate a line rate based on the number of hours worked, which is for Transcend.  Got a "not so nice" message from my TL saying I had better adjust my lines AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to make it balance out with the # of lines I am producing, or else!!  I would like to know if 1 of you kind, wonderful MTs would help me.  Thanks!! ...

Does Anyone That Works Part Time Work Three 8 Hour Days?
Apr 08, 2013

Currently, I'm working four 6-hour days.  I was wondering if they allow three 8-hour days?  Anyone do that?  ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...