A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is 97 a high respiratory rate? - mt

Posted: Jan 14, 2010

Usually my respiratory rate values are in the teens.  This time it's 97 and wonder if I should question.  Patient is 92 years old and has weakness and dimentia.  I've searched for rr values and it shows normals 12-20.

97 - high respiratory rate - spitfire

[ In Reply To ..]
97 is a very high respiratory rate. Yes I would definitely ? it.

Thank you. I thought so, Always good to double check here. - mt (no message inside)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It is high, but if the patient is running a fever, it can be - high. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x
I would question whether the dictator might - have given the s/m
[ In Reply To ..]
heart rate value for the respiratory rate value. I would flag it with a note as such to QA.

Similar Messages:

Respiratory Rate Dictated As 28/40. That Can't Be Right, Can It?
Jan 18, 2012

Patient is a disheveled middle-aged male, alert and oriented x3. Moderately ill in appearance.  He dehydrated.  Blood pressure 129/63.  Pulse, 92. Respiratory rate of 28/40 ...

First Time Right - CPL Being Decreased If The QA Submission Rate Is Too High
Mar 07, 2010

I've had time to think about this whole First Time Right plan.   I've seen a lot in my 32 yrs in the business and in my humble opinion, I think it will be okay except for the part about CPL being decreased if the QA submission rate is too high.  There must be an alternative other than taking away hard earned pay.  Anyone else agree? ...

Is It "high-dose Rate" Or "high-dose-rate" Brachytherapy.
Jul 29, 2010

:) ...

S/l Loprozol 50 Mg BID. Pt Has A Hx Of Type II DM, HTN, High Lipids, High Lipids, Heartburn, Neurop
Jan 12, 2010

x ...

Respiratory Help
Mar 17, 2012

S/l Columbo score -- anyone heard of it?  can't find it by googling it. Thanks ...

Respiratory
Sep 13, 2012

Okay, I know this word but my brain is not registering it!  This word shows up in a consultation report under respiratory and is the only word used. Respiratory is non ___   s/l  ti - kip - tic My google search is turning up empty.  Help!! Thank you ;) ...

Respiratory Distress
Apr 04, 2012

s/l "ticket nick" for breathing problems along with retractions...can't find anything like that anywhere. ...

Respiratory Exam
Oct 18, 2012

is this right transient edema? ...

Respiratory Failure
Apr 16, 2014

patient under respiratory failure with s/l "six" serotonin syndrome ...

Occupational Health/respiratory Help
Jul 28, 2010

The patient was working on a ______________ when three pumps fell on her right shoulder.    Sounds like he is saying 9D pole.  He is not one of my usual docs.  He is talking fast and low, and with a slight lisp.  Any help would be appreciated. The patient is a respiratory therapist. ...

Respiratory Failure-consult
Nov 22, 2010

Patient had a positive troponin and severe coronaqry artery disease, severe s/l amora..  Also has severe papillary muscle dysfunction.  Could it be AMR/MR/AMI?  Got me stumped.  Thanks for your help ...

H&P With Chief Complaint Of Respiratory Distress
Jan 17, 2010

Plan: Admit to medical center for stabilization and evaluation.  Oxygen 2L per nasal cannula.  Theo-Dur 200 mg p.o. q. 12h to begin with.  Lasix 40 mg IV now and 40 mg p.o. b.i.d.  This is where I need help........... Digitalize, replace potassium.  Should there be a comma after Digitalize or a colon?  Thanks in advance ...

Respiratory (s/l) *sys-ti-tial* Viral Infection SM
Jul 14, 2010

I found the word "systitial" in parentheses in google, but I cannot verify it anywhere else.  THX ...

Hyphen ... Providing High Quality Care OR High-quality Care
Oct 06, 2011

... providing high quality care OR high-quality care. I did it one way and the dictating NP says it should be the other way.  I have to do it her way but I would appreciate hearing from some fellow MT professionals. Thanks for any input.     ...

Upper Respiratory Tract Type Infections With *carizor* Or Cough. Thanks. Nm
Jan 05, 2010

nm ...

What Is The Average Benefit Rate/PTO Rate? Friends I Talk To
Dec 05, 2012

Their way of figuring it is so convoluted.  I wonder if they keep us all low like that.  ...

Line Rate Pay Versus Audio Minute Rate Pay
Mar 18, 2013

Can anyone tell me if line rate pay is comparable to getting paid by the audio minute? Is 0.50 or 1.00 normal? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

MQ Pays 1 Rate For 100% QA, A Lower Rate For Non 100%. How Do You
Oct 29, 2011

ty ...

Piece Rate/line Rate
Apr 19, 2012

Would someone please tell me what the "piece rate" is on the check stub - and where does it show line rate?  Thank you. ...

Respiratory Arrest. Patient Laid Flat For Admission Of "blunt Ridge Effusion/infusion" Sm
May 14, 2015

Code was callled briefly as she deteriorated.  Her symptoms worsened as she was laid flat for initiation of s/l blunt ridge fusion, which was stopped quickly.  Totally stumped.    ...

Infant With Respiratory Distress Syndrome "QSR"
Jul 04, 2013

Baby has respiratory distress syndrome and was given what sounds like "QSR" or "que-ess-arr." Don't know if this is an acronym or a drug or what. Any help very much appreciated. ...

"theosilum"?? - Respiratory Med. Note
Feb 28, 2012

"A gentleman with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease as well as nocturnal apnea and takes *theosilum* preparation." What could "theosilum" be?? Thanks! ...

High VR Producers Who Do 400-700 LPH, Can You Say
Jan 24, 2010

I know some of you have taken a bashing, but I'm a believer and admire your skill.  I am curious about your definition of a line and how long you've had the same account(s).   I think most posters assume lines are defined at 65 characters including spaces, but that's not always the case (especially for those who work directly for hospitals or clinics, which many times are 60-character lines or less and include headers, footers, demos, etc.)   Can you give us an ide ...

High Grade...
Apr 18, 2010

I'm having a TIA, I think.  This sentence is "....68-year-old woman with a high-grade leiomyosarcoma..."  Should there be a hyphen in "high grade" or not?  I've totally thought about this too much and I can't remember when you do and don't use the hyphen.  Please help!! Thanks! ...

High Moon??
Apr 21, 2010

This dictator is in the south, so maybe this is just something regional that I cannot find but he dictates this "He had approximatley an 8 year or so high moon with no headache" I swear that is exactly what I hear, high moon. Is this a phrase meaning break or interval? ...

TTS Has A High Turnover And If So, Why?
May 28, 2010

So does anyone know if TTS has a high turnover and if so, why? ...

High Volumes
Apr 30, 2015

I was wondering does anybody have a clue why in the world the volumes are so high.  My gosh, I can't give anymore OT than I'm already giving!  Believe me I'm happy for the OT, but was wondering if there are rumors if they let some go or are no longer hiring if people are let go or quit.  Getting worn out! ...

S/l Duets Sulphoresis For High HGB
Aug 30, 2010

DX: High HGB. Have him do (s/l duets sulphoresis) and try to donate 2 units at that time. ...

Expectations Too High - Am I Unrealistic?
Sep 29, 2010

I need opinions please.  Do I expect too much?  When I ask my lead a question I do not usally get an answer.  When she does choose to respond it is  very often rude and/or condescening.   Not one time have I ever gotten a sample despite numerous requests.     Am I unreasonalbe? ...

To High Producers On M*Modal
Nov 04, 2010

I wondered if any of you who are good at M*Modal can give me some good pointers on getting faster with this program.  I have been working on it for about 6 months and don't feel I am gaining any speed on it at all.  The whole thing for me is having to reattach the cursor to the highlighter that is giving me the most trouble.  It is just awkward and such a stretch to hit that F12 key to reattach each time I have to make a correction.  I would be forever grateful!! :) &nb ...