A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone else noticing more arbitrary red headings inserted by ASR? - SOSDD

Posted: Mar 23, 2012

I'm seeing TIME SEEN, LABORATORY FINDINGS, PLAN, MEDICATIONS even with what is actually said does not even come close to that.  As well, it seems that if it is close, it puts in a red heading. 

Example:...  BY THE TIME I SEE THE PT.  Usually ends up to be something like

...by the. 

</TIME SEEN/>

The patient is blah, blah, blah

Or am I just imagining things?  Which would probably be a good thing since the alternative reality (ASR) is pretty scary. 

I know - JC

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, if there's anything CLOSE to what they say that happens to be in Ctrl+H, it will insert it as a red heading. We don't edit, we re-vamp entire reports.

Ugh, I hated when it did stuff like that... - Cassie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm no longer working as an MT, but this is a perfect example of part of what I hated about ASR.

I've come to the conclusion that ASR was a great theory at one time and would be fabulous if it worked well, but it clearly does not.

It's hard to believe that anyone in management or administration in these MTSOs doesn't see that this type of correction takes waaaay more time to fix than it would to type it right in the first place.

wish we could communicate with the programmers - missindale

[ In Reply To ..]
Is there a way to do that? We could say hey, it's doing this right here, and maybe they could fix it?

In Our Dreams... - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My ASR - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
today put Give N (for the word "given"). It has gone into senility.

ASR and headings - Nana

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I noticed that too. I had extra red headings through all my reports today. Ridiculous. It is not getting better, it is getting worse and easier to miss things.

Similar Messages:

Arbitrary Red Headings.... ARGH!!!
Sep 27, 2012

OMG is it just me or are others noticing that this is happening with even the most obscure reference?   </OTHER/> ..  Tolerated the </PROCEDURE/> Well.....  so many keystrokes to correct this.......  stuff It's making me nuts tonight, also on new accounts because of low volume...  Ever feel like just walking away?????  If I got120 lines/hr last night, I will be totally amazed (and pretty darn proud of myself with all the BS I got).  ...

Has Anyone Else Been Noticing . . . .
Mar 31, 2010

or is it just me that the dictators are starting to actually SPELL things?  I mean things like gastritis.  Is this (maybe) a positive to sending the reports right to the client in that the docs are not happy with the blanks?  i dunno but have had several jobs this morning with words being spelled out.  ...

Anyone Else Noticing This
Jan 21, 2014

I work solely in oncology and noticing more and more people asking for holistic, naturopathic-type treatments for their cancer and refusing chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. They are hitting the brick wall of "There are not enough study data to support the notion that nutrition and/or supplements can combat cancer." With so much information on the web supporting how nutrition can prevent and even reverse some cancers, you would think the medical industry would take notice and maybe starti ...

Curiously, Is Anybody Noticing That Job Ads Are
Jan 30, 2013

offering "Independent contractor" positions for what they used to pay for employee status or less.  I have been watching the boards for job ads and don't even want to look at IC positions (not cut out for being responsible for my own taxes and need insurance, etc.) and guess what more and more of them are IC jobs. Hmmmmm...this makes me think this if getting even worse than I thought it was.  I suspect they now want us to work full-time as independent contractors so they don' ...

Anyone Else Noticing That VR Is Suddenly Capitalizing
Jun 15, 2015

wasn't capping before?  WTH?  Is this just another sneaky way to catch us on medication errors, which happen to be nice 3-points-off errors that I am sure they love?  I suggest everyone double check all meds now, even though it takes extra time.  I myself do know which are or are not capped for a lot of meds, but not all of them, and it is very easy to let one slip....I think I let one slip on my last report!  Waiting for the email telling me I failed and then the h ...

Anyone Noticing Their E-mail Address Is "not
Sep 05, 2011

Why would it be valid for the main board, company board, etc. but not the Gab or the Politics board?  Is this a temporary glitch? ...

On A More Serious Note,,I Have Been Noticing Serious Hearing Problems
Mar 08, 2012

Starting to concern me a bit...and I know it isnt reversible. ...

Getting Dinged For Missing/inserted Words
Mar 05, 2014

There have been quite a few complaints lately about getting audits back where the auditors have inserted or taken away words such as: the, of, a/an, etc. The omission or insertion of these words when not dictated is something that should be captured as an error. However, the point value for such an error usually is zero. This type of error is usually a feedback and educational opportunity error. Because they have a value of zero, you could potentially have 20 of these errors and still have ...

I Inserted A S/l Kathy And Elevated The Liver To Take Down The Adhesions
Oct 18, 2011

x ...

S/l Intella Device - Inserted When Pt Had Cardiac Arrest
Oct 02, 2013

nm ...

Been Noticing Major Decrease In Work Volumes In West
Sep 08, 2011

just wondering if anybody else in west has been noting marked decrease in work volumes.  My major acct used to have, at least on weekends, 200, 300, and even in the 400 numbers of jobs and lately the weekend work has maybe been 50 at a maximum.   I guess just another acct gone to India.    ...

Uretheroscopy Procedure. S/o "pen-in-scope" Was Inserted Into The Bladder.
May 11, 2011

x ...

A "clean Key" 20-gauge Needle Was Inserted
Nov 10, 2010

I am new to surgery transcription, and on top of it, the doctor is an ESL.  I am assuming the "clean" part is correct, just can't get the second part.  Sounds like "key".  Thanks for any help.  The skin is marked and the skin is prepped with Betadine, then 1% lidocaine plain is injected into the subcu, then a "clean key" 20-gauge needle, with double tip was utilized. ...

A 24 "milocot" Was Inserted .. Cystoscopy Report
Feb 04, 2012

x ...

Pay For Headings
Nov 03, 2009

Is it unusual not to get paid for headings in a document? I took a major hit with this. ...

I Don't Get It - 8 Headings In ASR
Sep 06, 2010

. ...

DQS Headings
Sep 29, 2010

Does anyone know how to make red headings in DQS wo using control H, that's a royal pain?  Tks! ...

About Red Headings Put In By ASR
Oct 11, 2012

While editing, have you ever come across a read heading that is not meant to be there and sometimes has nothing to do with what is dictated, and then, upon normalizing the heading with ctrl-shift-H, it shows exactly what was dictated?  This happens all the time with me, but this one really stood out.  The red heading was FAMILY AND SOCIAL.  What was dictated was "dairy and wheat."  Without typing what was dictated, I normalized the heading and, sure enough, "dairy and wheat" ...

Headings In 7.1
Oct 21, 2012

What bugs me is that since switching to DQS 7.1, all the headings in the ROS and PE are in lower case now, and each time I edit, I have to change them back to caps per client preference. They used to be in all caps. I have them in the expander, but it's still time consuming to go through and change them each and every time. ...

Red Headings
Feb 18, 2013

There was a post a few days ago stating that we do not get paid for the red headings.  Can you document that? ...

New Headings?
Jul 02, 2014

MEDICAL RECORD NUMBER IS where, how, why? makes no sense to me. All I know is all these changes are killing me. I would rather it make NO headings, easier to create them, then remove them and make it right. ...

Expansions In Headings.
Sep 06, 2010

Has anyone else noticed that expansions do not work within headings??? ...

Watch Your Headings
Sep 09, 2010

Make sure your headings are spelled correctly before uploading as the spell checker ignores them completely, which makes me highly suspicious that they are not included in our line count whether we type them or insert them.  You know, DQS was the only good thing MQ had going for it until this update.  They had some good ideas, but implemented them poorly, not to mention should have done a beta with a handful of non-suck-up and non-family-member-to-the-CEO MTs first.  I have a fe ...

Question About Headings
Oct 11, 2010

All of my accounts are verbatim.  I just got an e-mail from the CCM stating some accounts' heading lists were turned on.  Does this mean I have to choose only one of the headings from the list, or could I still insert what the doctor really says? ...

Headings Can We Turn It Off ?
Nov 02, 2010

Do we have to use this new heading feature or can we turn it o ff?  Thanks. ...

Broken Headings
Mar 19, 2011

NOTIFICATION OF DQS 6.1 ISSUE - ERRANT BROKEN HEADING AT END OF DOCUMENT  Got this email on 03/16/2011 from MQ.  All of the sudden we are have an issue with the headings?  We have to turn off all markers (redundant, skip, etc.)  I was under the impression that all the red markers/headings counted in our line counts.  Do I have this right?  Is this another ploy to undermine line counts/pay?    Please correct me if I misunderstood.  Thanks all ...

Do You Always Expand Headings?
Jul 22, 2012

Bear with me I'm new. Do you always expand headings even if the account specifics say verbatim? For example EXAM, PREOP DIAGNOSIS, POSTOP DIAGNOSIS. This is when no template is given. ...

? On Instatext, 7.1 And Red Headings
Oct 06, 2012

Good morning everyone, In DQS 6, I could "rpe" and have it return "</PHYSICAL EXAMINATION/>" in red in the report. Not happening with 7.1.  I have tried every combo I can think of to bring an expansion into a job and have it format like it did previously but am having no luck.  I have tried copying a heading from a standard into Instatext but it will not come back into the job formated correctly. Anyone found a work around for this?  I'm finding the ctl+h very time c ...

So Do We Get Paid For Red Headings Or Not?
Nov 13, 2012

x ...

Help Please. ASR Headings Are Different All Of The Sudden..-sm
Jul 15, 2013

Not sure if I did something or not, but all of the sudden my ASR headings are not like they have been.  The blue lines are gone and the next heading is directly below the text of the previous.  I  think this was how it was when a new version came out, but I was able to "fix" it to the old way. Is any of this making sense?  Also my Google, RxList and the rest of those sites you can access on the DQS page are off center. ...