A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Broken Headings - confused

Posted: Mar 19, 2011

NOTIFICATION OF DQS 6.1 ISSUE - ERRANT BROKEN HEADING AT END OF DOCUMENT 

Got this email on 03/16/2011 from MQ.  All of the sudden we are have an issue with the headings?  We have to turn off all markers (redundant, skip, etc.)  I was under the impression that all the red markers/headings counted in our line counts.  Do I have this right?  Is this another ploy to undermine line counts/pay? 

Please correct me if I misunderstood.  Thanks all

I just think it is amazing that.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is amazing that these headings will break up AFTER upload and before the client gets it....

JUST LIKE WHEN I EDIT A REPORT AND MAKE SURE IT IS PERFECT AND SUDDENLY I GET A REPORT AUDITED THAT LOOKS LIKE I NEVER EDITED IT!

I said to the CCM that something must have happened after I uploaded it, something must be wrong with DQS because I did not do that, and I am told... there is nothing wrong with DQS, it cannot change what we type!

BWAAAAHAAAHAAAA! Thanks for the proof of that in writing!

I've had the same problem with stuff - me too!

[ In Reply To ..]
looking like I never touched it. I thought it was just me. Now I know I'm not totally crazy, just partly, bwaaahaaaa.

would lke to know too! - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
I would like to know about this too. I turned off the skip/redundant marker display per the email. Worked my skinny tail off yesterday and had a puny line count. Wonder if that is why!!

Similar Messages:

MQ Has Finally Broken Me...
Sep 01, 2010

I was actually reduced to tears today with the bullying and threats from people of various departments.  Support acts as though we are stupid and below their level and the shipping department basically called me a liar, but in a nice way after their nastiness.  Due to my age, it will be hard finding a job but at this point, I will sweep floors rather than put up with those with big heads because of a meaningless title.  Then again, on second thought.....I am not leaving without a ...

Broken Collarbone
Sep 06, 2011

In a physical examination paragraph, what sub-heading does a clavicle fracture go under?   ...

Finally Broken
May 15, 2015

I've been doing this job for 10 years. I've been with what is now mmodal the whole way. I've seen really good MTs let go or just beat down until they left. With every change they threw at us I was able to find what I needed inside of me to stay with the job and have hope not that things would ever go back but that I could still at least buy a few groceries for our family, but this last POD "idea" that they threw us into has broken my spirit.  Fluency has some really good thin ...

Tips On Typing With A Broken Leg
Feb 15, 2010

Does anybody have any experience typing with a broken leg?  I broke my left leg (thank goodness, not my foot pedal leg!) this weekend.  I don't have the luxury of taking time off, but I'm finding it exhausting keeping this leg elevated and sitting upright like we were taught to do.  I'm in a full-leg cast, and it puts a heck of a strain on my gluteus maximus muscles.  I have a feeling I'll just have to keep trying new positions till I find one that works, ...

Not To Sound Like A Broken Record, But
Oct 29, 2010

what is the best school to go to (online) for becoming a coder?  I have been an MT for 15 years and tired of the feast/famine.  Is there financial aid available?  I cannot afford even $250 down and $100 a month.  Also, are there any companies that hire coders to work at home right out of school?  Thanks for any help!! ...

Finally Broken Part 2 I'm Done
May 29, 2015

I finally did it! I got a bad audit, could feel it coming. I thought it was on one report but it was on several, not from the same account, not the same doctor, etc.  I'm still going through the interview process for the job I will probably get hired for, but it still may be up to a month before they make the offer.  I will post when I get it for sure.  My confidence in my ability to understand a new job is at an all time low. In the meantime I am a music teacher and wish I ...

Is The Company Board Shut Down Or Broken? Nm
May 24, 2010

nm ...

Hate To Sound Like A Broken Record
Jul 15, 2010

but when is next pay day AND could someone tell me where on MQCentral I can find the pay schedule for 2010?   Thanks so much. ...

Pay For Headings
Nov 03, 2009

Is it unusual not to get paid for headings in a document? I took a major hit with this. ...

I Don't Get It - 8 Headings In ASR
Sep 06, 2010

. ...

DQS Headings
Sep 29, 2010

Does anyone know how to make red headings in DQS wo using control H, that's a royal pain?  Tks! ...

About Red Headings Put In By ASR
Oct 11, 2012

While editing, have you ever come across a read heading that is not meant to be there and sometimes has nothing to do with what is dictated, and then, upon normalizing the heading with ctrl-shift-H, it shows exactly what was dictated?  This happens all the time with me, but this one really stood out.  The red heading was FAMILY AND SOCIAL.  What was dictated was "dairy and wheat."  Without typing what was dictated, I normalized the heading and, sure enough, "dairy and wheat" ...

Headings In 7.1
Oct 21, 2012

What bugs me is that since switching to DQS 7.1, all the headings in the ROS and PE are in lower case now, and each time I edit, I have to change them back to caps per client preference. They used to be in all caps. I have them in the expander, but it's still time consuming to go through and change them each and every time. ...

Red Headings
Feb 18, 2013

There was a post a few days ago stating that we do not get paid for the red headings.  Can you document that? ...

New Headings?
Jul 02, 2014

MEDICAL RECORD NUMBER IS where, how, why? makes no sense to me. All I know is all these changes are killing me. I would rather it make NO headings, easier to create them, then remove them and make it right. ...

Expansions In Headings.
Sep 06, 2010

Has anyone else noticed that expansions do not work within headings??? ...

Watch Your Headings
Sep 09, 2010

Make sure your headings are spelled correctly before uploading as the spell checker ignores them completely, which makes me highly suspicious that they are not included in our line count whether we type them or insert them.  You know, DQS was the only good thing MQ had going for it until this update.  They had some good ideas, but implemented them poorly, not to mention should have done a beta with a handful of non-suck-up and non-family-member-to-the-CEO MTs first.  I have a fe ...

Question About Headings
Oct 11, 2010

All of my accounts are verbatim.  I just got an e-mail from the CCM stating some accounts' heading lists were turned on.  Does this mean I have to choose only one of the headings from the list, or could I still insert what the doctor really says? ...

Headings Can We Turn It Off ?
Nov 02, 2010

Do we have to use this new heading feature or can we turn it o ff?  Thanks. ...

Do You Always Expand Headings?
Jul 22, 2012

Bear with me I'm new. Do you always expand headings even if the account specifics say verbatim? For example EXAM, PREOP DIAGNOSIS, POSTOP DIAGNOSIS. This is when no template is given. ...

? On Instatext, 7.1 And Red Headings
Oct 06, 2012

Good morning everyone, In DQS 6, I could "rpe" and have it return "</PHYSICAL EXAMINATION/>" in red in the report. Not happening with 7.1.  I have tried every combo I can think of to bring an expansion into a job and have it format like it did previously but am having no luck.  I have tried copying a heading from a standard into Instatext but it will not come back into the job formated correctly. Anyone found a work around for this?  I'm finding the ctl+h very time c ...

So Do We Get Paid For Red Headings Or Not?
Nov 13, 2012

x ...

Help Please. ASR Headings Are Different All Of The Sudden..-sm
Jul 15, 2013

Not sure if I did something or not, but all of the sudden my ASR headings are not like they have been.  The blue lines are gone and the next heading is directly below the text of the previous.  I  think this was how it was when a new version came out, but I was able to "fix" it to the old way. Is any of this making sense?  Also my Google, RxList and the rest of those sites you can access on the DQS page are off center. ...

Preferred Headings
Aug 07, 2013

I think every single one of us should put in a ticket in Remedy complaining about this "preferred heading" list.  There is absolutely no reason for this!  It just slows up down when trying to upload a job!  Can somebody tell me what the purpose is for the spell check stopping on every single heading that is not in the "preferred list?"  There is none!  All these dictators want their own little headings in red, and we're not going to switch to one of the "suggestions ...

EditScript/Headings
Oct 17, 2013

My EditScript keeps inserting headings (PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, CHIEF COMPLAINT, ETC) when they are not dictated.  With my accounts, I am required to delete any heading that is not dictated, and most of the time the dictators don't dictate them, so I have to spend a lot of time deleting headings, sometimes 10 or more in a report. :(   My question is, is there some way to "reprogram" EditScript so it doesn't spit out a heading if not dictated?  Otherwise I do like EditScrip ...

Any Thoughts On The New Headings?
Nov 20, 2013

Lines. Hmm, when I worked at a hospital, I used to do blocks of SOAP notes in one document and puts lines in between patients (for more characters) for as long as I could get away with it.   You don't suppose Mm has figured out a new way to overcharge clients (but of course not pay us).  On the other hand, maybe they just had a bunch of programmers with nothing better to do.  ...

Physical Exam Headings...
Apr 19, 2010

I really have a problem under the Physical Examination trying to figure out what goes where when the headings aren't dictated.  For instance, in this dictation, she dictates lungs, describes her exam of them, then goes on to say, "Mass in the back and the left paraspinous area is measured..."  Would this stay under the lungs or would I make a new heading...if so, if "Back" an acceptable heading? Next, she talks about the pelvis...would this go under a heading with a "Pelvis" labe ...

What Is The Purpose Of The Pre-set Headings To The Left
Oct 19, 2010

I do not like this..I like a FULL screen and I hate being distracted by stuff on the side.  What happens if there are left-over headings...or if we use our own?  Anybody? ...

Alternate Headings For Diagnosis?
Dec 06, 2010

Struggling to understand a heading in a Discharge Summary.  It's used where the diagnoses are being listed, but it doesn't sound like either diagnosis/diagnoses or assessment.  Any ideas? ...

Verbatim Accounts And Headings
Dec 09, 2010

I have all verbatim-verbatim accounts and only just now learned that we have to change what the dictator says and change it to an "approved heading."  I was once told this only pertained to non-verbatim accounts, but was just corrected.  I was told that ALL OF THE CHECKED headings in the headings pane must be included in the document.  If the doctor says procedure, you must put in an approved heading into the standard changing what he says if in the approved headings list it says ...