A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Expansions in headings. - More key strokes...

Posted: Sep 06, 2010

Has anyone else noticed that expansions do not work within headings???

That sucks. They will probably "fix" that at the next - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
update, whenever that will be, but it will be replaced with something ELSE annoying and stupid

what does that mean? - expansions in headings?

[ In Reply To ..]
I dont understand.

Say you have a heading that says: - Indication for Procedure

[ In Reply To ..]
and dictator says...Indication for THE Procedure" you can not just type the letter T as I use for "The", you have to type out the word "the." It just happened to me with Referring Physician was the header and I tried typing my expansion for the word "Additional" within that heading and it would not expand my expansion....That is the third time today that has happened and I only transcribed 4 jobs. UGH!!!

thanks for explaining that - trouble in paradise

[ In Reply To ..]
Getting better as the days go by, hey?
Physician Lookup is a freakin' joke too - wrong entries coming up!
[ In Reply To ..]
Are they kidding with this new physician lookup??? What was wrong with the old one; it was so simple.....type in a few letters and there is your doc. I had to actually type in a whole 2 name last name to find a doc before. I am definitly going to say something about this. Did they even try this new version out with MTs to get our opinion???
what if you don't know how to spell it? - dumbdumb
[ In Reply To ..]
type in first and more if understood, then search as usual - not that hard
[ In Reply To ..]
It just looks different.
Hey, dum-dum, we no dum-dums! - TGIM (today is my Friday)
[ In Reply To ..]
Just watched Night at the Museum AGAIN the other day, and just started cracking up when I saw your nickname!

Expansions in headings: works with me - I do it all the time nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I bet you are still working in the old version....... - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
CCM confirmed 6.1 exansions do NOT work in headings..........sucks

Another bummer is that you used to be able to - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
for example, say your heading came up as and you needed it changed /to --- I used to make an expansion by adding an "X" to the end so all I'd have to do is type and X after the heading and it would change to what I needed. Not anymore. I had a lot of expansions to change headings like thi that no longer work. I go back to my original opinion about 6.1...IT'S A DOWNGRADE NOT UPGRADE

Similar Messages:

Expansions Gone
Jan 05, 2010

Just back to work today after a couple of days off and found out we enter a new location to access work.  The problem is my expansions are not there anymore.  Anyone have any idea how to move the expansions when logging into a new area?  Thanks for any help.     ...

EXPANSIONS
Feb 19, 2015

Help!!! My expansions are not working.....Tried F2....please help as I don't want to call IT....Thanks. ...

Transfer Fo Expansions
Jan 03, 2010

Is there anywhere to get the instructions on transferring expansions?  I am in SA4, instructions did not transfer.....support is too busy, was told they will call me......yeah.....like whenever they get around to it......afterr all the other calls regarding the same problem.  I am trying to work without expansions and adding them as I go along!!!  Any help out there?  Would be appreciated!!!! ...

How Do You Make Expansions
Jun 30, 2010

How do you make expansions.  I know F4 is to turn it off and on but how do you make new ones,  I am having stress which makes my brain malfunction. ...

I Somehow Turned My Expansions Off
Jul 15, 2010

Does anyone know how to turn them back on?  TIA ...

How Do I Edit My Expansions
Feb 25, 2011

How do I edit/work on adding expansions when I get NJA  and can't get in to type? ...

Expansions In DocQscribe
Apr 13, 2011

I accidentally turned off expansions in DocQscribe and don't know how I did it.  Can anyone tell me how to turn them back on.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know How To Copy Expansions?
Apr 18, 2011

Would like to copy my expansions, if anyone knows how.  Thanks! ...

Disappearing Expansions
Apr 28, 2011

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing disappearing expansions? It seems that almost everyday I run across something that I could have sworn had an expansion, but it's no longer there. Is it my imagination?? ...

Expansions Not Working
Jul 28, 2011

I've been having trouble with DQS all morning, and now my expansions aren't working.  Does anyone know what could cause this and, more importantly, how to get them back?  Thanks!   ...

Suggestions For Date Expansions
Nov 12, 2009

I recently acquired a dictator who wants multiple dates in EVERY report.  In the past I had just typed out entirely.  I am sure there must be better short cuts for doing this than I am able to think of.  Any (alpha only)  suggestions appreciated.  IT is my expander.   Thanks! ...

How Do I Save My Expansions So They Will Not Be Lost
Sep 07, 2010

How do I save my expansions so they will not be lost.  I have some save on a thing I bought at Wal-Mart, but back in the days when 1-800 Dictate was a real help, they saved it for me.  I do not remember how to do it.  TIA. ...

Deleting Unused Expansions..
Nov 18, 2010

How does one delete the many unused expansions from old accounts when NOT working in DocQscribe??  Do you log in and check that little box that says something about no audio??  I have soooo many I don't use anymore just taking up space.... ...

Possible To Print Out A List Of Your Expansions
Oct 26, 2012

Would anyone know if it is possible to print out a list of your expansions ? ...

Anyone On Here That Saves A Ton Of Expansions, Etc. That Had Any Trouble Loading
Mar 30, 2014

your profile when you switched computers.  I have loads of things saved from different hospitals and hope they come back up okay when I switch over to a new computer.  I have my own computer. ...

Word Expanders - How To Make The Expansions Type
Jun 30, 2010

I am having a brain malfunction.  I cannot remember how to make the expansions type.  For example, tp for the patient,  it will not type out the patient.  What is the control for this?  Thanks. ...

Pay For Headings
Nov 03, 2009

Is it unusual not to get paid for headings in a document? I took a major hit with this. ...

I Don't Get It - 8 Headings In ASR
Sep 06, 2010

. ...

DQS Headings
Sep 29, 2010

Does anyone know how to make red headings in DQS wo using control H, that's a royal pain?  Tks! ...

About Red Headings Put In By ASR
Oct 11, 2012

While editing, have you ever come across a read heading that is not meant to be there and sometimes has nothing to do with what is dictated, and then, upon normalizing the heading with ctrl-shift-H, it shows exactly what was dictated?  This happens all the time with me, but this one really stood out.  The red heading was FAMILY AND SOCIAL.  What was dictated was "dairy and wheat."  Without typing what was dictated, I normalized the heading and, sure enough, "dairy and wheat" ...

Headings In 7.1
Oct 21, 2012

What bugs me is that since switching to DQS 7.1, all the headings in the ROS and PE are in lower case now, and each time I edit, I have to change them back to caps per client preference. They used to be in all caps. I have them in the expander, but it's still time consuming to go through and change them each and every time. ...

Red Headings
Feb 18, 2013

There was a post a few days ago stating that we do not get paid for the red headings.  Can you document that? ...

New Headings?
Jul 02, 2014

MEDICAL RECORD NUMBER IS where, how, why? makes no sense to me. All I know is all these changes are killing me. I would rather it make NO headings, easier to create them, then remove them and make it right. ...

Watch Your Headings
Sep 09, 2010

Make sure your headings are spelled correctly before uploading as the spell checker ignores them completely, which makes me highly suspicious that they are not included in our line count whether we type them or insert them.  You know, DQS was the only good thing MQ had going for it until this update.  They had some good ideas, but implemented them poorly, not to mention should have done a beta with a handful of non-suck-up and non-family-member-to-the-CEO MTs first.  I have a fe ...

Question About Headings
Oct 11, 2010

All of my accounts are verbatim.  I just got an e-mail from the CCM stating some accounts' heading lists were turned on.  Does this mean I have to choose only one of the headings from the list, or could I still insert what the doctor really says? ...

Headings Can We Turn It Off ?
Nov 02, 2010

Do we have to use this new heading feature or can we turn it o ff?  Thanks. ...

Broken Headings
Mar 19, 2011

NOTIFICATION OF DQS 6.1 ISSUE - ERRANT BROKEN HEADING AT END OF DOCUMENT  Got this email on 03/16/2011 from MQ.  All of the sudden we are have an issue with the headings?  We have to turn off all markers (redundant, skip, etc.)  I was under the impression that all the red markers/headings counted in our line counts.  Do I have this right?  Is this another ploy to undermine line counts/pay?    Please correct me if I misunderstood.  Thanks all ...

Do You Always Expand Headings?
Jul 22, 2012

Bear with me I'm new. Do you always expand headings even if the account specifics say verbatim? For example EXAM, PREOP DIAGNOSIS, POSTOP DIAGNOSIS. This is when no template is given. ...

? On Instatext, 7.1 And Red Headings
Oct 06, 2012

Good morning everyone, In DQS 6, I could "rpe" and have it return "</PHYSICAL EXAMINATION/>" in red in the report. Not happening with 7.1.  I have tried every combo I can think of to bring an expansion into a job and have it format like it did previously but am having no luck.  I have tried copying a heading from a standard into Instatext but it will not come back into the job formated correctly. Anyone found a work around for this?  I'm finding the ctl+h very time c ...

So Do We Get Paid For Red Headings Or Not?
Nov 13, 2012

x ...