A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

On a more serious note,,I have been noticing serious hearing problems - constant ringing in my ears,,anyone else

Posted: Mar 08, 2012

Starting to concern me a bit...and I know it isnt reversible.

ringing in ears - cowgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
For the last 2 years I've started noticing a roaring in my ears. Been transcribing 15 years. Went to an ENT and he said my hearing was excellent and gave me some Bioflavinoid to take but haven't noticed an improvement, but I just started taking them a month ago. We'll see. He said listening in the earphones probably didn't cause this tinnitus but I don't believe it.

Thanks, me too said my hearing was perfect but - told me nothing will help

[ In Reply To ..]
Said sometimes antidepressants will help, refuse them..Also lipoflavinoids? Something new that he said some people have reported good luck with..Have to get them off the internet, cant find them in vitamin stores,,soon as I see what my check is Ill order them..

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Else Been Noticing . . . .
Mar 31, 2010

or is it just me that the dictators are starting to actually SPELL things?  I mean things like gastritis.  Is this (maybe) a positive to sending the reports right to the client in that the docs are not happy with the blanks?  i dunno but have had several jobs this morning with words being spelled out.  ...

Anyone Else Noticing This
Jan 21, 2014

I work solely in oncology and noticing more and more people asking for holistic, naturopathic-type treatments for their cancer and refusing chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. They are hitting the brick wall of "There are not enough study data to support the notion that nutrition and/or supplements can combat cancer." With so much information on the web supporting how nutrition can prevent and even reverse some cancers, you would think the medical industry would take notice and maybe starti ...

Curiously, Is Anybody Noticing That Job Ads Are
Jan 30, 2013

offering "Independent contractor" positions for what they used to pay for employee status or less.  I have been watching the boards for job ads and don't even want to look at IC positions (not cut out for being responsible for my own taxes and need insurance, etc.) and guess what more and more of them are IC jobs. Hmmmmm...this makes me think this if getting even worse than I thought it was.  I suspect they now want us to work full-time as independent contractors so they don' ...

Anyone Else Noticing That VR Is Suddenly Capitalizing
Jun 15, 2015

wasn't capping before?  WTH?  Is this just another sneaky way to catch us on medication errors, which happen to be nice 3-points-off errors that I am sure they love?  I suggest everyone double check all meds now, even though it takes extra time.  I myself do know which are or are not capped for a lot of meds, but not all of them, and it is very easy to let one slip....I think I let one slip on my last report!  Waiting for the email telling me I failed and then the h ...

Anyone Noticing Their E-mail Address Is "not
Sep 05, 2011

Why would it be valid for the main board, company board, etc. but not the Gab or the Politics board?  Is this a temporary glitch? ...

Anyone Else Noticing More Arbitrary Red Headings Inserted By ASR?
Mar 23, 2012

I'm seeing TIME SEEN, LABORATORY FINDINGS, PLAN, MEDICATIONS even with what is actually said does not even come close to that.  As well, it seems that if it is close, it puts in a red heading.  Example:...  BY THE TIME I SEE THE PT.  Usually ends up to be something like ...by the.  </TIME SEEN/> The patient is blah, blah, blah   Or am I just imagining things?  Which would probably be a good thing since the alternative reality (ASR) is pret ...

Been Noticing Major Decrease In Work Volumes In West
Sep 08, 2011

just wondering if anybody else in west has been noting marked decrease in work volumes.  My major acct used to have, at least on weekends, 200, 300, and even in the 400 numbers of jobs and lately the weekend work has maybe been 50 at a maximum.   I guess just another acct gone to India.    ...

I Am Hearing
Apr 11, 2011

2+ microcytosis.  Is this correct?  I have not heard it before.  TIA.  ...

2 Am. Not Sure What I'm Hearing
Dec 08, 2011

The dr dictates "Extremities:  No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  S/L "Emowads" are in place."  Now my head is getting fuzzy and i have 2 turn this in.  Plz help!! ...

How Often Are You All Hearing From Your TSM?
Oct 24, 2013

I'm on a whole new team now and communication from the new abbreviation has literally been ZERO.  Curious ... is one email in a month, average for most TSMs?  ...

I've Been Hearing More
Nov 14, 2013

that the ILPs are supposed to start doing all their own QA.  Anyone know if this is true? (can you say the blind leading the blind)? ...

Hearing Back
Apr 14, 2011

Did anyone hear back after sending their resume to Transform for the positions they have available?  I hate this waiting and waiting...it makes me nervous. ...

MPS Measurement Of Hearing??
Aug 24, 2011

Doctor says: "s/l MPS measurements revealed normal middle ear compliance and pressures." ...

Am I Losing My Hearing
Jun 17, 2013

I invested in a "good" or what I thought was a "good" pair of headphones a while back.  However, lately I have been struggling with dictators.  It seems like more and more of them have mumbling, stumbling speech making it EXTREMELY difficult to interpret.  In a "perfect" world, our job would be soooo much easier and not having to struggle with them mumbling, whispering, holding conversations (or at least attempting to) while dictating, and on and on. Oh well, at least I have a j ...

Hearing Issue
Mar 20, 2015

Had eye exam today--getting new glasses.  Can't wait to see better. I also had a brief hearing test as well.  Got set up for appointment with audiologist.  It seems my left ear does not hear low tones and the right does not hear high tones.  It is no wonder to me as all the years I have worn headphones, ear buds, or loud music.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  ...

They Have Been Hearing These Same Things Over And Over And Over And
Mar 27, 2015

...the business model works well for them. They made their money off you before you even signed on. They made it 1) when they landed your previous facility's contract and 2) when you were gullible enough to sign on to help voice wreck unemploy yourselves. If they wanted you to stick around you'd be so overworked you could not stand it. Nothing new about any of this stuff except this appears to be the latest set of Nuance casualties. In another month there will be another new set when t ...

Am I Hearing FLORAL?
Apr 11, 2015

would FLORAL be the word that I'm hearing? "fibrocystic change and mild-to-moderate floral ductal hyperplasia without atypia"                 ...

Headsets For MTs W/hearing Loss
Oct 14, 2009

Just wanted to share something with you. I have used it since August and amso pleased. I am very impressed with the quality of the headset I purchased from http://www.startsto p.com/transcript ion_accessories. asp#30585  (this is the site for the headset)This headset is wonderful for folks who have a problem hearing andunderstanding the spoken word. They tested this headset in real doctors' offices with real MTs who had nothing to do withtheir company.I cannot tell you how impressed I ...

Does What I Think I'm Hearing Make Sense?
Mar 29, 2010

Does the following sentence make sense? If so, what does it mean? Thyroid ultrasound was performed gratis for realtime visualization. Thanks! ...

I Do Not Possess Echo Hearing; I Am Not A Bat
Nov 16, 2010

so please do not turn your head or body around while dictating, putting your voice out of range of the microphone's power.  I thank you. ...

I'm Gettting Really Tired Of Hearing About Everyone Around Me
Dec 04, 2010

either getting a big fat bonus for Christmas from their employers or getting 2 weeks of PAID time off.  Sister getting 2 weeks of paid time off AND a 3500-dollar bonus.  Daughter getting 1000 bonus, friend getting bonus...... ...

Has Anybody Else Not Been Hearing Back From Companies?
Jan 30, 2011

I have applied to 20 different companies for jobs and not one single company has replied.  I have over 20 years of experience.  Is it just me or is the medical transcription field just flooded right now with people submitting resumes because nobody wants to do voice activation?  In the past, I would always hear back right away.  ...

Trouble Hearing Out Of One Ear On Headphones
Oct 08, 2011

Help - Have no sound on right side of my headset listening to a tape in my Lanier.  Headset works in Express Scribe, though.  If I switch out the headphones for another pair, can't hear on the right side there either on the Lanier.  Lanier has been working fine up to this point.  Any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to fix it?  ...

Hearing Aids And Earphones
Dec 18, 2011

I will be purchasing hearing aids soon and have two related questions. What type of headphones can I use, if at all, with: In-ear hearing aids, Behind-the-ear hearing aids. Would also be nice to know where I can get same at a decent price.  At this time I purchase my transcription gear at Martel Electronics. Thanks, all, and keep that volume turned down (no my hearing didn't go that way;  I am just getting older). ...

Been Hearing A Lot About Medical Scribes
May 30, 2012

I have been hearing a lot about medical scribes.  I am wondering if the transcription companies are going to start losing accounts because the doctors are going to switch to this new way of doing the medical records.  Has this happened to anyone yet? ...

Best Headphones For Hearing Numbers?
Jul 03, 2012

What are the best headphones for hearing numbers? The numbers are getting mushy and slowing me down... help! ...

Hearing Back From Apps.
Dec 10, 2012

I'm just wondering.  Does anyone EVER hear from any of these companies after applying and sending a resume.   Just curious.   Not asking for much just a little acknowledgement.  ...

SICK Of Testing And Not Hearing Anything
Apr 14, 2014

I'm sick of testing and testing and never hearing anything or hearing back we're sorry, you don't meet our needs.  I have 15 years of frickin experience.  My QA scores are always between 99% to 100%.  I know the BOS.  I do QA for crying out loud.  I'm starting to think it's easier for MT's with little to no experience to get a job these days than it is for a seasoned MT who actually knows what they're doing.  I think the whole reas ...

Suggestions For Improved Hearing???
May 15, 2014

I've been having trouble picking up the small words of ESLs lately, probably due to my age and the loud music in my younger days, but I was wondering if there is any hope for me? If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I've tried the high end headphones and ear buds, but the quality seems the same to me.  TIA  ...

Getting Frustrated Keep Applying And Never Hearing Anything
Jul 31, 2014

Anybody elsewhere experience that?  I remember when I used to apply to someplace and I always heard at least invited to test or offered a position, now I can apply to at least 10 places and be very lucky even to hear from one of them.  Sometimes I wonder if something is wrong in my resume that I need to look at.  Just wondering if anyone else is having that problem?  ...