A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone else noticing this - more people refusing chemo, et al

Posted: Jan 21, 2014

I work solely in oncology and noticing more and more people asking for holistic, naturopathic-type treatments for their cancer and refusing chemotherapy, radiation and surgery. They are hitting the brick wall of "There are not enough study data to support the notion that nutrition and/or supplements can combat cancer." With so much information on the web supporting how nutrition can prevent and even reverse some cancers, you would think the medical industry would take notice and maybe starting doing a few studies regarding nutrition and cancer. I have upped my dark leafy green intake to at least one meal a day of some kind of greens sauteed in garlic and coconut oil with a squeeze of lemon on a bed of brown rice. Filling, nutritious and inexpensive. Even better is on a bed of quinoa, which is a complete protein in and of itself. Just wondering if anyone else has some insight on this.

Money, Money - Money

[ In Reply To ..]
There are many alternative cures for cancer. There's no money in it. Blows my mind that people would put chemo and radiation in their bodies, which are known carcinogens, when there are other treatments available. The only side effect is Herxheimer's.

Check out Moringa oleifera and turmeric also. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Since you're already using coconut oil, why not do oil pulling with it as long as it's organic virgin unrefined. So many, many things to do to help ourselves and get away from the medico-pharmico vicious circle.

yes, pulling oil in my repertoire - first thing in the morning

[ In Reply To ..]
I am very glad to know about all the good coconut oil does for a person. I lost a lot of weight just using it as my sole cooking oil. It has cured a patch of eczema on my foot, and I use it on my face for a moisturizer. Wonderful, miraculous product.

The correct term for alternative therapy is *unproven* therapy, nm - anecdotal evidence only

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Thank you! - Was just going to say that

[ In Reply To ..]
They don't know diddly about holistic medicine for cancer. Sorry Charlie, but if I'm dxd with cancer, I'm not going to treat myself with bean sprouts and whatever-oil. I'll go for the proven chemo and radiation that are known to kill cancer cells.

FYI: Just because it's "on the Web" doesn't mean it means anything. A lot of these things are promoted by the people who sell the stuff, honestly. Just because it doesn't say "advertisement" before the article, doesn't mean it wasn't prompted by someone who ultimately can gain.

The problem is that...... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know THREE different people just recently that did all of the chemo, radiation and surgery, had lifelong suffering from the such for a couple of years and then just died. I don't think ANY of it is developed enough on either side.

Because as we all know - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
everything you read on the internet is always true, and governments and corporations (especially drug companies) are all deeply evil and bent on killing everyone and destroying the world, not to mention taking away our birthdays.

Hahahahaha -- THANK you! NM - bunchohippies

[ In Reply To ..]
:P

LOL - Bone Jer-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I have noticed that, too. I've read many books - on orthomolecular medicine,

[ In Reply To ..]
as well as Gerson Therapy books and find it interesting. The approach is to heal the immune system and get the toxins out of the tissues.

that's very interesting - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I am very glad we have the internet to research other therapies/options.

For those who wish to defend chemotherapy as a viable option, that is your right, and I wish you well if that is your choice should you develop cancer.

Thank you - But...

[ In Reply To ..]
...you're not really hearing what we're saying. You all seem to think because it's on the Internet, that it's a fact.
That's all we're saying.

The medical doctors are here for medicine, and that's what they know about. They are not here to also study holistic stuff that doesn't get any true medical studies done on them.

Doctors get no training in nutrition, they treat with - drugs which are great for
[ In Reply To ..]
acute care, but not one tissue in the human body is made up of a drug. Some of us believe you are what you eat, better yet you are what you absorb.
I agree. Drugs are all acid-forming substances. - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
If doctors studied nutrition, they would know that all foods are either acid or alkaline. If the body is kept at a slightly alkaline pH, no cancer would be able to grow. That can't be too hard a concept to grasp.

We all have cancerous cells ready to take off and multiply if we give them the correct environment.

If we eat a plant-based diet, exercise, get enough sleep, and eliminate stress, we can keep it at bay.

OK so can you or someone please explain to me.. - what exactly a toxin is?

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not trying to be quarrelsome, but what is a 'toxin'?

Maybe explain it to me like I am in a college physiology class.

Is it one particular molecule? Is it a class of molecules? Is it an ion of some sort?

For real, I would really like to know.

Toxin, as in "toxic" or "detoxify", something that does not - promote healthy tissues,

[ In Reply To ..]
could be waste, virus, bacteria, cancer, etc.
Thanks. I wish the 'alternative' websites - would be more specific.
[ In Reply To ..]
Regarding exactly WHICH toxins such-and-such treatment purports to eliminate and exactly by what physiological mechanism, I always have a hard time finding out the details. It is easier to find this kind of information out on traditional medicines and treatments. So I have a hard time trusting alternative treatments because of the lack of hard detailed info.

Along the same lines, I have a hard time weeding out legitimate sources on alternative medicine from those put out by hucksters or laypeople do not know of which they speak, if you know what I mean. It is hard to find alternative medicine information sources I can trust.
alternatives - tristen
[ In Reply To ..]
Read Crazy Sexy Cancer and Crazy sexy diet by Chris Carr if you want to find legitimate sources of alternative therapies, very informative and respected information.
don't forget parasites - we are loaded with them
[ In Reply To ..]
I know a naturalist who believes the basis of a lot of our woes is parasite-bourne.

An enema a day keeps the parasites at bay.

Oil swishing and neti pot use will also help.
I think I will skip the daily enema! - Thanks all the same!
[ In Reply To ..]
I do have a neti pot though - it is great when my allergies act up.

I also have a big jar of coconut oil that I haven't gotten around to trying out. It is just so inconveniently solid!
I keep my coco oil in the oven - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It's just warm enough from the pilot light to keep it liquid.
That is not based in fact -- it is more of a - paranoid fiction.
[ In Reply To ..]
Really, it is just ignorant nonsense. If you ask him, he'll have no clue what parasites are or which ones he's taljing about.

This is based on the same kind of thinking that prompts people to wear tinfoil hats.

Obsessive concern with "parasitosis" is a well-known delusion.

more power to them (the patients). NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
`

I am a 10-year BC survivor and SM - MTtoo

[ In Reply To ..]
took the standard AC and T, dose dense, when I was dxd in 2003, after surgery & before radiation. Frankly, I don't think dark, leafy veggies alone would have put me into remission. Did the "slash, burn & poison do the trick? I don't know ... maybe I will never know ... it could come back, it could not. But the gold standard did give me 10 years I don't think I would have had with just nutrition, holistic medicine.

Wow. - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
judging by the fact that there are actually "dislike" votes for your post, it seems that some of the folks on this thread are even more hateful than usual. What decent person would "dislike" the fact that conventional medicine saved your life?

I hope your remission is forever and that you have a long and healthy life ahead of you.

I thought the same thing. Sad. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
/

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Else Been Noticing . . . .
Mar 31, 2010

or is it just me that the dictators are starting to actually SPELL things?  I mean things like gastritis.  Is this (maybe) a positive to sending the reports right to the client in that the docs are not happy with the blanks?  i dunno but have had several jobs this morning with words being spelled out.  ...

Curiously, Is Anybody Noticing That Job Ads Are
Jan 30, 2013

offering "Independent contractor" positions for what they used to pay for employee status or less.  I have been watching the boards for job ads and don't even want to look at IC positions (not cut out for being responsible for my own taxes and need insurance, etc.) and guess what more and more of them are IC jobs. Hmmmmm...this makes me think this if getting even worse than I thought it was.  I suspect they now want us to work full-time as independent contractors so they don' ...

Anyone Else Noticing That VR Is Suddenly Capitalizing
Jun 15, 2015

wasn't capping before?  WTH?  Is this just another sneaky way to catch us on medication errors, which happen to be nice 3-points-off errors that I am sure they love?  I suggest everyone double check all meds now, even though it takes extra time.  I myself do know which are or are not capped for a lot of meds, but not all of them, and it is very easy to let one slip....I think I let one slip on my last report!  Waiting for the email telling me I failed and then the h ...

Anyone Noticing Their E-mail Address Is "not
Sep 05, 2011

Why would it be valid for the main board, company board, etc. but not the Gab or the Politics board?  Is this a temporary glitch? ...

On A More Serious Note,,I Have Been Noticing Serious Hearing Problems
Mar 08, 2012

Starting to concern me a bit...and I know it isnt reversible. ...

Anyone Else Noticing More Arbitrary Red Headings Inserted By ASR?
Mar 23, 2012

I'm seeing TIME SEEN, LABORATORY FINDINGS, PLAN, MEDICATIONS even with what is actually said does not even come close to that.  As well, it seems that if it is close, it puts in a red heading.  Example:...  BY THE TIME I SEE THE PT.  Usually ends up to be something like ...by the.  </TIME SEEN/> The patient is blah, blah, blah   Or am I just imagining things?  Which would probably be a good thing since the alternative reality (ASR) is pret ...

Been Noticing Major Decrease In Work Volumes In West
Sep 08, 2011

just wondering if anybody else in west has been noting marked decrease in work volumes.  My major acct used to have, at least on weekends, 200, 300, and even in the 400 numbers of jobs and lately the weekend work has maybe been 50 at a maximum.   I guess just another acct gone to India.    ...