A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Headphone recommendations - wonderingMT

Posted: Jun 20, 2014

Hubby and step child will be home for the next 9 days making my work environment extremely noising and crazy. I need to get new headphones and wondered what everyone recommended. I can't stand the kind that sit in the ear. Every pair I have every tried makes my ear hurt after about 2 to 3 hours and as I am on a 12-hour schedule I prefer over the ear ones if any uses them. Thanks in advance for all your recommendations.

Headphones I use sm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Panasonic headphones (part number #RP-HT190PY). These originally came with a Panasonic transcriber machine I had years ago. I love them because they are very light, go over the ears, and the sound quality I find very, very good (since they are made especially for transcription). I've since worn out my original pair (I accidentally stepped on the cord and severed it) and I just reordered them online. I ordered 2 pairs about 3 years ago (so I'd have a spare) and at that time, they were running about $20.00 a pair. I'm not sure about prices now. I still have my backup spare set that I haven't used, as the first replacement set is still fine after 3 years of continuous use. Good luck in your search! I tried different ones from Radio Shack, etc., and they were too heavy and cumbersome. I really like these Panasonic ones. Happy hunting!

P.S. to the above sm. - FlaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
From your post, it sounds like you need them rather quickly, so ordering may be out of the question. Hopefully, others will chime in with suggestions on where to get a pair from a local box store or the like (quicker for your needs). :)

I love my Sennheiser's - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted this the other day too, but I have Sennheiser headphones, and I LOVE them. They are very comfy and the sound quality is awesome. I have had a couple of pairs over the years (different models) and they were all great. They were all relatively inexpensive too at around $100 or less.

I can't deal with the in-ear headphones either.

Sony makes comfy and affordable ones...sm - dusty

[ In Reply To ..]
....I've used several, but this last set has lasted quite a while. Think they were about $18 at Best Buy. I just ordered a new Sony stereo headset off of Amazon for about $28 that look similar, but reviewers say the sound is a bit sharper than previous model. All those I prefer are over the ear muff type. Once I tried a set with noise canceling option on it (think they were close to $50?), but didn't often use it. Who knows, you might. It did help when really trying to concentrate.

Similar Messages:

Headphone
May 24, 2011

Does anyone use (like) the Logitech Pc Headsent 880 Medquist sent out to MTs a few years ago.  I never tried them and was wondering if I should? ...

Help -- Need New Headphone
Mar 06, 2012

Hi -   Would someone be kind enough to steer me in the direction I need to go to obtain a new headset from MModal?  Thanks.  ...

New MT - Headphone Suggestions?
Mar 09, 2011

Hi guys! I'm looking to purchase my first set of transcription headsets and was wondering what brand or model are the most used? I'm not really sure what I would need to look for spec wise, so wanted to see what those of you who are out there are using! I've been very curious about the Boise headsets that are on display at BestBuy, but at $300-400 a piece, I want to make sure they are worth it before dropping that amount of money, especially as there are some noise-cancelling se ...

Headphone Survey
Sep 22, 2011

Gee, I wonder how many of us will take the unpaid time to complete the questionnaire.  LOL !  ...

Headphone Amplifier
Apr 24, 2012

working on an acct with poor quality - anyone using an amplifier? any suggestions for good one reasonably priced?   ...

Noise-Canceling Headphone
Jan 13, 2011

Which is the best noise-canceling headphone available now. It should Completely Block All External Noise Coming From Surrounding the System (TV, Satellite Radio, Home Theatre, etc) to do Medical Transcription in a calm setting via the headphone. ...

Noise Canceling Headphone
Mar 20, 2012

Does anyone know what company makes a good quality pair of noise canceling headphones? ...

Anybody Recommend A Good Set Of Headphone
Jun 16, 2014

Can anybody recommend a good set of headphones, over the ear style?  I do have a slight hearing impairment and really need a good set.  Thank you in advance for the suggestions.   ...

Can Anyone Recommend Good Cordless Headphone?
Jun 01, 2010

I often transcribe while nursing and my baby keeps breaking my headphones by tugging on the cord very hard.  I'm thinking cordless headphones are the way to go so he has nothing to grab on to.  Can any of you recommend a good brand of cordless headphones?  Thanks! ...

Your Recommendations, Please.
Jul 16, 2013

Can anyone recommend a good small company that will pay a decent line rate, not make me learn a new platform and treat me with respect?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Training Recommendations
Apr 11, 2011

I went to a seminar for At-Home Professions. The training course is about 5 months. I am trying to decide if I finish the courses, will there be employment opportunities?   ...

Headset Recommendations?-sm
Apr 12, 2011

I need a new headset for my PC.  I want want with really good sound -- but want don't want to spend lotsa $$  -- anyone got any suggestions for a good sound quality headset that is affordable..  thx.... ...

Recommendations For Headsets
Jan 29, 2012

Hi, Folks,   So, my company sweetly sent me a dictaphone stethascope-style headset, but it's really uncomfortable for me.  Can you recommend a more comfortable, good-sounding headset that you might have found?   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   ...

KVM Switch Recommendations?
Apr 23, 2012

I don't know too much about KVM switches, but I am getting ready to start two new jobs and have two different computers.  I thought I might try one. Today, my foot pedal for my second job came in and low and behold, it is the same one for my first job.   Do any of you know if there is a KVM that will switch keyboard, video, monitor, headphones, AND foot pedal, and can you recommend one to me.  I'm trying to research, but all this techie jargon makes my head hurt an ...

Chair Recommendations?
Oct 18, 2012

Can anybody recommend a good chair? I am petite, 5 feet 6 inches but small and need cushioning. I need a chair for an extended day (12-20 hours), preferrably without arms, which seem to get in my way. An affordable one not over $400 if possible and fabric, as it is always hot where I live. Thanks ...

Headset Recommendations
Jan 11, 2013

I need to get a new headset as mine is wearing out. I haven't ever bought a headset before and just used the ones that came with my transcribers as they worked fine on the computer as well. I tried the stethescope type and didn't like them but otherwise would like some thoughts on what might be good ones to try.  Thanks! ...

Expander Recommendations?
Jun 30, 2013

I'm looking for just a basic expander program that works similar to Word auto correct.  I've found two that seem to work very much like the one I'm used to, and similar to auto correct.  One is FastFox by NCH (affordable) and the other is Speed Type (expensive, but may be worth it??).  Does anyone use either of these?   Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!   ...

Recommendations For Keyboard
Feb 21, 2014

Any recommendations for a good keyboard? ...

Recommendations For Headphones?
Feb 23, 2014

For best audio quality?  TIA ...

Looking For Suggestions And Recommendations On
Oct 27, 2014

Pros/cons ? Any experience with Career Step, Andrews, etc? TIA ...

TEXT EXPANDER Recommendations
May 16, 2010

Would like recommendations for best text expanding for transcription.  Thank you for your help.   ...

So Many Coding Schools..recommendations?
Jun 23, 2011

I'm one of many MTs who are considering coding. I want to do acute care coding, or hospital/surgical. I've spoke with Allied, AAPC, and both sound reasonable for CPC-H certification. Does anyone have any experiences with either or other schools/courses they will share? ...

Keyboard Recommendations Needed Please!
Oct 02, 2010

I have been an MT now for 10 years. My fingers and hands hurt horribly. I went yesterday and had nerve conduction studies done and I do NOT have carpal tunnel. The pain is just in my fingers. The doc says it is arthritis. I use the Microscoft Elite ergo keyboard which the doc believes kept me from getting carpal tunnel but I am looking for a soft touch keyboard and want to keep the split keys like what I have. Can anyone recommend a keyboard? I have tried typematrix and cannot use that. Also Kin ...

Drug Name Website Recommendations???
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone have any website suggestions for where to find the name of a drug that would be marketed outside of the U.S., specifically Europe?  I've tried drugs.com and spelled it as many ways as I could think on google, but am not having any luck.  Was wondering if maybe there is a website specific to European meds?  Thanks in advance for any help! ...

I Want To Do IC Work Again? Any Good Recommendations? Please SM
Jan 06, 2012

(I'm sorry--this posted on the main board somehow...which is really strange as I almost never ever visit the main board...but oh well.  Here is it again on the correct board.) I have been a transcriptionist for about 11 years.  Was an employee for about 8 of those years and IC for 3 years during that 11-year period.  I truly enjoy IC work more than employee status.  I just enjoy the flexibility.  My life is such that I no longer need to work full time, but I DO nee ...

Any Recommendations On Questions To Include During
Sep 26, 2012

Am considering a position and have completed the testing process.  Seems there are always after-the-fact issues that people wish they would have known to address before jumping on board.  Would like to get some ideas beforehand if possible.   Thanks in advance for any insight you can share. ...

Any Company Recommendations From Anyone Happy
Dec 14, 2012

with their job?   I know there are tons of people asking for information on companies all the time on this board, but every company I search on looking for information on here, either the information is a few years old or not the information I'm necessarily interested in.  I'd appreciate any input, good or bad, I can get.   I have 18 years experience and have done just about everything except radiology, so the type of account doesn't matter, though I love ortho an ...

Need Broadband Aircard Recommendations
Feb 21, 2013

I'm taking a short trip for a few days and need to find out if an air card will work with escription and which one to get.   Thanks. ...

Adware/malware Recommendations
Apr 01, 2015

My grandkids were playing games on my computer and now I have all kinds of popups and malware.  Any recommendations/suggestions would be greatly appreciated in how to get rid of this. ...

Medical Transcription School Recommendations?
Jun 22, 2010

I am very interested in narrowing down my current work experience and specializing in one field.  I have no idea on what school I should go with for a CMT diploma/certificate.  Can anyone guide me or have any great experiences with a school?  I am looking for an online school if they are worth paying the money.  This field would be fairly new to me so I need a full course of all the necessary and required courses to be marketable to a new company for job placement.  Thanks for any suggestio ...