A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any Canadian MTs out there working for M*Modal? - Estoria

Posted: May 18, 2012

I am just looking for anyone from Canada who is working for this company.  That is one of the things I don't like about M*Modal.  You are an island working for the mainland.  But there is no contact with any of the other islands.  Also you can't actually see the mainland.  You can only send mail to them. Sigh...I just want someone to talk to that works for this company so that we can give each other support etc.  I am not sure why the company doesn't e-mail out a list of people in the area who you can talk to.  

Thanks to anyone who responds. I am tired of being an island, are you?

canadians working for mmodal - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
I wondered the same thing. I'm not Canadian but I also feel like an island, a deserted island. I kinda would like to have someone to ask questions or just say hi, how ya doing. I thought it was just me but I guess it's not. Maybe we are all supposed to be "islands".

So true - Estoria

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad we aren't alone at least. I wonder that too. Is that the point of this company? You are alone but only the "staff" who work in the actual company building AKA the mainland, actually know each other and have contact with everyone and anyone. I don't think it is a very good way to run a company. Where is the cohesion, camaraderie etc? Thanks for responding. I am here anytime if you want to talk. Maybe we'll stay sane that way lol

Happy Victoria Day weekend! Where in Canada? - Islander

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't live in Canada, but not far from the border, just an "island" south of Montreal.

Thanks! - Estoria

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I am on an "island" in Ontario not far from the border in New York. How is it on your "island"??

This is what I did. When my company was - bought and we had to SM

[ In Reply To ..]
not only learn a new platform but also switch to VR, I emailed my lead and asked her to ask if anyone on my account wanted to reach out and help each other. Fortunately, she did that, and fortunately a few did email me. We then got on Yahoo IM messenger and helped each other throughout our shifts with questions about anything and everything. Without this, I don't think I would have made it through. I developed a great friendship by doing this. If you don't have a lead who would be willing to do this, the only thing I would suggest is to develop enough trust that you could do private email through this site, then set up that way, although I know it it hard to trust anyone on here by responding to email. Just a thought. :)

Similar Messages:

Working For M*Modal?
Dec 12, 2012

I have passed 1/2 the testing & saw some negative things about M*Modal. Since I tested, they have called me, emailed me several times to finish my testing. I'm hesitant to do so because I see so many negative things about this company. Any advice? I mean, are you guys out of work a lot? Thank you in advance! ...

Does Anyone Like Working For M-Modal?
Jul 07, 2013

From what I'm reading on M-Modal's board, it sounds simply dreadful working for them.  Still, they stay in business are in direct competition with Nuance (which has an equally dreadful board).  How can they stay at the top of the MTSO industry if they're so horrible to work for?  I'm not meaning to doubt you guys who write about how miserable it is.  I'm just wondering if the people who LIKE it there just don't post on MT Stars, or if there reall ...

M*Modal Enter Key Not Working
Feb 23, 2012

Suddenly today when editing in M*Modal I can hit enter to get text to go to the next line, but it does not skip a line like it should for a new paragraph, and if I hit enter again at the beginning of that line it will not put in another line. It's not my enter key because it works fine in word and here.....:-) So it's within the program and I have searched and searched to try to find out what I did. I must have disabled that somehow but I have no idea and I need it back! I can ...

Might Be Working For M*Modal Soon--Questions
Feb 24, 2012

Hi All! I have a phone interview with M*Modal next week (to work as an MT, not an editor) and have a list of questions for them, but thought I might direct some of those questions to you all before then. Knowledge is power, I think, and I’d like to know as much as possible before I decide to sign with them, if asked. I have worked as an MT since 1984, and worked from home as a subcontractor since 1998. Never worked from home as an employee. How do they define “full-time” work ...

Might Be Working For M*Modal Soon--Update
Feb 28, 2012

Hi All! Just wanted to thank you all for the replies to my post last week. They were all very helpful in making my decision. I feel I am very fortunate to have been offered a position with a different company. I wish you all the very best! ...

M Modal Working Conditions
Sep 04, 2014

Our hospital is looking to outsource all work to MModal with them absorbing our employees.  Any comments on how MModal is to work for?  Hourly pay vs. incentive with MModal, etc.  Thanks. ...

Thoughts On Working For M Modal Part-time?
Feb 09, 2013

It is depressing reading about the poor treatment by some companies. I am looking for some part-time transcribing or VR editing after losing OT and no raise but health care, grocery, gas costs still rising. How are they to work for? Do you run out of work? Is the pay so low you feel like you are sewing soccer balls in India? I worked for a local service years ago, the pay was great, the owner great and tons of work. From what I am reading 8 cpl for transcribing and 4 cpl for VR editing is n ...

Did You Previously Have Humana Health Insurance, Before Working For M*Modal?
Jul 26, 2012

Sorry to be repetitive.  I posted this on the Main Board but haven't gotten any responses there, so I'm re-posting it here where more M*Modal folks might notice it(?).   I got a letter a couple days ago from Humana about a rebate for a portion of the health insurance premiums which I had at my last job--the rebate apparently required  by the Affordable Care Act.  The letter has a lot of additional mumbo-jumbo, not all of which I understand.   It says to "cont ...

Canadian
Dec 10, 2014

Hi! I'm from canada. Hope you dont mind having me peruse your boards. Unless there is a similar site for canadians? I haven't been able to find anything! ...

Canadian Accounts
Jan 12, 2014

Do any of you on this board work on the Canadian accounts after went to their new system?   ...

Canadian Nuance MT
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, I know this is an American forum however I'm hard pressed to find something similar for Canada. Are any active posters working for Nuance from Canada? ...

Canadian Medical Transcriptionist
Mar 14, 2010

Can someone please explain to me why Canada is considered OFFSHORE?  We have the same extremely strict confidentiality and medical data security laws and, in fact, tougher standards in the definitions with Independent Contractor versus employee status.  Why is Canada considered offshore?  It's not nearly like sending something to India or Pakistan where you don't know who is working on the dictation or what the ulterior purpose is.  Why can't the two countries just get along? ...

How Many Canadian Medical Transcriptionists?
Mar 02, 2012

I was just wondering if there are very many Canadian medical transcriptionists who visit this forum. In Canada we are not "certified" i.e. I took a six month course at college and have a certificate, but we do not have a professional organization as such. I wish we did! Sometimes I can find a word here when asking the other girls in the office doesn't come up with any new ideas. ...

Canadian Medical Transcription Companies
Sep 06, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone knew of companies hiring Canadian MTs as independent contractors, and what their reputations are like.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Know If There Is An Equivolent To MTStars For Canadian Transcription?
Mar 02, 2012

. ...

Searching For Good Online MT School For Canadian
Jan 01, 2011

I'm searching everywhere on web for info on the best recommended schools for Medical Transcription.  Canscribe is said to be 'one of the best', however it's soooo expensive.  Does anyone know a few other good schools recommended by AHDI ?     ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

M*Modal VR
Sep 25, 2010

I have another question.  When one does a draft in VR, does MT get paid for all lines in the draft or would an MT get paid if it has to be edited.  I will be trying to learn this in the next few weeks and I am scared to death I will not catch on and then I might be without a job.   I have a feeling I might not get paid for the whole draft report.  Then again it may depend on the company.  Any opinions please.   Thanks  ...

The M*Modal Man...
Jan 24, 2012

...looks like he's dropping a deuce.  Sorry, but he does.   Also, how do you pronounce the name of the company?  I say it to rhyme with immobile - immodal.   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About M*Modal?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone know anything about M*Modal? I have never heard of them and would like some input. Thanks. ...

What/who Is M*Modal?
Mar 03, 2012

Is this Medquist?  Tell me more.  I used to work for MQ years ago and was interested in going back part time. ...

M*modal MTs
Mar 25, 2012

I'm considering applying to M*modal.  I've been around the block (several times) so I'm aware of the reputation, etc.  This means anyone who just wants to slam the company, please bypass this thread.  For those of you who work for M*modal and are happy, what is it you like about the company?  Would you recommend a friend apply? TIA. GG ...

M*Modal Job
Apr 13, 2012

Been offered a job at M*Modal.  Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of working there?  Is there enough work.  Where I work now it is SO hit and miss, feast or famine.  I need something more consistent. Are they flexible?   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Dee Dee ...

Going With M*Modal
Apr 30, 2012

Our hospital is supposed to make the decision tomorrow if they are going to keep our work in-house or outsource to M*Modal.  I want to make an informed decision when and if we are told we are going with M*Modal.  Do you get holidays?  How is the pay?  Flexible schedule?  What about our vacations that are already scheduled?  If they hire us will we still be on our same accounts? Thanks for any info. ...

M*Modal Buy Out
May 24, 2012

When M*Modal does a buy out, are the clients from that company they bought out notified? ...

New Job With M Modal
Jun 15, 2012

Hello Everyone, The hospital I have been working for has switched all of our transcriptionist to M Modal.  I will be doing radiology work.  Any helpful hints out there.   ...

TTM*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Interesting, indeed. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-selected-transtech-medical-133000153.html ...

M Modal Pay
Jul 15, 2012

Anyone working for M Modal - Please let me know how much money per hour is possible to be made?  Replies will much appreciated.   ...

How Much Do M-Modal Pay
Sep 30, 2012

I was thinking of applying for a job at M-Modal as I am not so happy with my current job and how they pay. Can anyone help me and tell me how much M-Modal pay their staff? ...