A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Canadian Medical Transcription companies - Turbo

Posted: Sep 06, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone knew of companies hiring Canadian MTs as independent contractors, and what their reputations are like.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Canadian MTs - smmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Medquist Canada is hiring part-time and full-time, I just got on with them for part time- Yay

Canadian MTs - Turbo

[ In Reply To ..]
And how do you find them so far?

so far so good - smmt

[ In Reply To ..]
just finished my two days of online/teleconference training. seems a bit overwhelming but I am assured it gets easier as it goes. haven't actually done any work for them yet so we will see. it seems like a lot of US MT's are not happy with MQ but the Canadians I talk to seem to enjoy it.

Similar Messages:

Canadian Medical Transcriptionist
Mar 14, 2010

Can someone please explain to me why Canada is considered OFFSHORE?  We have the same extremely strict confidentiality and medical data security laws and, in fact, tougher standards in the definitions with Independent Contractor versus employee status.  Why is Canada considered offshore?  It's not nearly like sending something to India or Pakistan where you don't know who is working on the dictation or what the ulterior purpose is.  Why can't the two countries just get along? ...

How Many Canadian Medical Transcriptionists?
Mar 02, 2012

I was just wondering if there are very many Canadian medical transcriptionists who visit this forum. In Canada we are not "certified" i.e. I took a six month course at college and have a certificate, but we do not have a professional organization as such. I wish we did! Sometimes I can find a word here when asking the other girls in the office doesn't come up with any new ideas. ...

Anyone Know If There Is An Equivolent To MTStars For Canadian Transcription?
Mar 02, 2012

. ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Canadian
Dec 10, 2014

Hi! I'm from canada. Hope you dont mind having me peruse your boards. Unless there is a similar site for canadians? I haven't been able to find anything! ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Info On August Medical Transcription Or Transcription South
May 29, 2013

I have found a few things on these companies but was looking to find a little more in depth information from past or current employees. ...

Nuance Medical And Dental - What Companies Do They Have Coverage With?
Oct 20, 2011

Thanks ...

Canadian Accounts
Jan 12, 2014

Do any of you on this board work on the Canadian accounts after went to their new system?   ...

Canadian Nuance MT
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, I know this is an American forum however I'm hard pressed to find something similar for Canada. Are any active posters working for Nuance from Canada? ...

Any Canadian MTs Out There Working For M*Modal?
May 18, 2012

I am just looking for anyone from Canada who is working for this company.  That is one of the things I don't like about M*Modal.  You are an island working for the mainland.  But there is no contact with any of the other islands.  Also you can't actually see the mainland.  You can only send mail to them. Sigh...I just want someone to talk to that works for this company so that we can give each other support etc.  I am not sure why the company doesn't ...

MTStars A Community Of US Medical Transcriptionists And Their Companies Who Worry About What Is Bein
May 21, 2013

My point having been made in 2 short weeks, I will no longer be hanging out on this board.  Nuance, in its attempts to hide its egregious activities with certain employees, has infiltrated this board and it is no longer truly a community of US medical transcriptionists, but has become what could more aptly be called, "A company opportunity to do damage control for all POTENTIAL new employees about what the former employees said when they quit."  The board can, however, still ser ...

Searching For Good Online MT School For Canadian
Jan 01, 2011

I'm searching everywhere on web for info on the best recommended schools for Medical Transcription.  Canscribe is said to be 'one of the best', however it's soooo expensive.  Does anyone know a few other good schools recommended by AHDI ?     ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Offshore Transcription Stories Wanted- Medical Malpractice Cases Related To Offshore Transcription M
Oct 15, 2009

A legal contact was inquiring about the connection of medical mistakes related to off-shored transcription mistakes.  I have told him to review these boards and hopefully he will benefit from the information here.  While he did not discuss the exact case, I think that he will be able to use the off-shore transcription issue to his client's benefit or at least highlight that the provider in question does not have as rigorous control on processing records as other pr ...

WHAT ARE THE BEST TRANSCRIPTION COMPANIES
Aug 15, 2013

Hi everyone, this is my first time on this website.  Just to give you as brief a rundown as possible, I work for a hospital who has started to use Dragon and PowerNotes which, of course, eventually will mean that I will have no job.  I know that there are no perfect transcription companies to work for out of your home but considering this, all in all, who would be the top companies to work for?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Traveling Transcription Companies
Jun 28, 2011

Are there any traveling transcription companies out there?  Just wondering........... I would like to travel to different facilities for 10-13 week assignments.............Thanks ...

Are There Any Transcription Companies In Las Vegas?
Jul 15, 2011

Are there currently any transcription companies in Las Vegas?  I'm moving there and would love to try to find a job in-house but never hear of any.  ...

Transcription Companies Who Provide PC
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, anyone out there know of any work-from-home transcription companies that provide you with PC?   THANKS!! ...

List Of Transcription Companies
Jul 13, 2013

I came upon a great website that has tons of MTSOs and other types of transcription companies listed.  Some are out of date, but most are accessible.  Some say they are hiring; others say they are not.  It's a timesaver, for sure. http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ It's a website run by professional MTs.  ...

Good Transcription Companies?
Sep 05, 2013

Good Transcription Companies
Nov 08, 2013

Can anyone give me the name of good transcription companies you work for? ...

Radiology Transcription Companies?
Nov 18, 2014

I know it's a dying breed, but are there any GOOD companies out there still hiring for radiology transcriptionists? ...

Are There Any Companies Left That Do Straight Transcription Instead Of VR?? NM.
Sep 11, 2011

x ...

Smaller Companies That Is Autopsy Transcription
Apr 24, 2012

been doing some research and found several companies that is autopsy transcription, anyone do this, have info  and care to share how the transcription differs from regular transcription?  very curious to know.      Thx in advance!! ...

What Companies Offer Straight Transcription Only
Jun 01, 2012

Does anyone know what companies are straight transcription? I am looking for an employee position not an IC. I really do not know the first thing about how to going about being an IC, so I will stick with what I know.   Thanks! ...

Any Smaller Transcription Companies Out Ther
Apr 10, 2013

It seems like all the "big" companies no one is happy with. Anyone know of any smaller companies that are hiring for work at home?  There must be an updated list out there somewhere of transcription companies of a smaller nature, but I can't find it. Any input is appreciated. ...

List Of Transcription Companies For Those Who Are Interested
Mar 09, 2014

http://freelancetranscriptionistroad.com/list-of-transcription-companies/ I hope the above can help anyone find other employment. These goliath companies are no place for anyone. ...

Looking For Current Feedback On Transcription Companies
Jan 01, 2015

I worked for MedQuist for over 10 yrs and then decided to take a little break, which I did.  I'm thinking about going back to work in medical transcription from home and would appreciate any current feedback you can give me on companies to avoid or that you recommend.  Thanks! Tricia ...

Same Old Tired Transcription Companies Hiring All The Time
Sep 20, 2012

I am currently working at a company and with the way things are going with all of these companies, I am just afraid of layoffs.  It's sad to see all of the same transcription companies on the job boards hiring, and it seems by reading the boards none of them are worth working for.  I sure wish when I decided to go into transcription I could have looked into the future a few years.  I have been doing transcription now for 6 years.  I am thankful I do have my job still and ...

Geez..are There ANY Good Transcription Companies Out There To Work For?
Oct 11, 2012

After reviewing all of the posts in here (which I am thankful for) I'm scared to work for any of them. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm down to bread and butter, here. Thank you! ...