A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Thoughts on working for M Modal part-time? - just lookin

Posted: Feb 09, 2013

It is depressing reading about the poor treatment by some companies. I am looking for some part-time transcribing or VR editing after losing OT and no raise but health care, grocery, gas costs still rising.

How are they to work for? Do you run out of work? Is the pay so low you feel like you are sewing soccer balls in India? I worked for a local service years ago, the pay was great, the owner great and tons of work. From what I am reading 8 cpl for transcribing and 4 cpl for VR editing is now the industry standard?! How can anyone live on that? I mean, without the reports the coders can't code, accounting can't bill the client/hospital/insurance co. and then NOBODY GETS PAID!

Do you want job or are you just looking to vent? - Post sounds more like a vent than a question.

[ In Reply To ..]
Read through the M*Modal posts, Nuance posts, company board posts and go from there.

If you dont want to work for 4 and 8 - then dont apply here

[ In Reply To ..]
Ive never sewn soccer balls in India, but it does feel like picking up cans from the road sides and dumpsters.

you will not have stable employment... - even with part-time

[ In Reply To ..]
Running out of work is a fact of life if you work for MM.

Are you kidding me....... - none

[ In Reply To ..]
Read the posts here. Why didn't you bother to look at them before you posted.

Similar Messages:

M-Modal And Part Time
Jan 15, 2013

Does M-Modal hire part time?  I work full time days elsewhere and looking for 15-20 hours a week, evenings and weekends. ...

M*MODAL PART-TIME MT ELIMINATION
Aug 17, 2013

I've been with M*Modal for 9 years, got a phone call in the midst of my work shift they're eliminating part-time MTs...EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY... and spreading the work amongst full timers (India)....this is strictly a business decision...I have never even called in sick...I'm still in shock... I don't know about you, but I remember when qualities like hard work, loyalty, dedication were assets that were rewarded....what happened to morality, respect, dignity, APPRECIATION....o ...

Is Anyone Working Part-time At MQ? - Sm
Jan 07, 2011

Wondering if they have part-time and what that entails, if anyone knows?  Do you have to work specific hours, meaning, worse hours, because you are part-time?  (Some companies make part-timers only work weekends).  Are they any statutory employees? Thanks for any help. ...

Getting A Mortgage Working Part Time With
Mar 29, 2013

Has anyone been able to get a mortgage while working part time and receiving Social Security?  I have been told by 2 mortgage lenders that this is not possible.  Any replies are greatly appreciated, and if you felt like sharing the name of your mortgage lender that also would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Unemployment While Working Part Time IC
Feb 25, 2015

I have a question concerning unemployment and I hope I can word this correctly. I have 2 jobs. One is IC with a very small volume - about 1500 lines per 2-week pay period. I also have a full-time job as an employee. I will be laid off my full-time job this Friday due to loss of work. I am considering filing for unemployment, but I wonder how my IC job will affect my unemployment, if at all? I also have an option of receiving more work from the IC job, but still would not be making as much as I d ...

Filing For Early Social Security/Working Part-time
Apr 07, 2012

Anyone here working part-time and receiving early Social Security benefits? I am considering doing this in the next year and wondering if anyone else is already doing so. Thoughts?  I've been working full-time since the age of 18 years and part-time before that, with only a 6-month period of time between jobs, but was collecting severance pay those 6 months. So, I really feel I deserve to get back some of the money I've put into Social Security over the last 4-1/2 d ...

What's The Hour And Line Count Differences Between Part Time And Flex Part Time?
Jan 12, 2012

I'm currently flex part time only working 18 hours a week but I do have a set schedule.  What are the requirments for part-time and how may hours per week do you have to work.  Also, is there a difference between the line counts for part time and flex part time. Thanks. ...

Anyone Used M-Modal And Your Thoughts...
Aug 19, 2010

Would like any thoughts on this ... seems strange... ...

Thoughts On M-Modal?
Jul 15, 2012

Anyone have any info or thoughts on M-Modal?  I have been offered to test.  Line rates, pay, etc., any information would be helpful GOOD or BAD. psw ...

Thoughts On M*modal Being Bought Out?
Jul 03, 2012

See link below.  Wonder how many of those billions of dollars will land in our checks? (choking on my hysteria) ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Part-time Versus Full-time Benefits
Jan 10, 2013

I'm curious as to the difference between the benefits for part-time versus full-time employment.  Are they the same?   ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...

Full-time/Part-time Hours?
Feb 13, 2012

Since part-time is generally considered 20-25 hrs. per week, does that mean that full-time is anything over 25 hrs. per week or does it have to be a flat 40 hrs? ...

Anyone Gone From Full-time To Part-time With This Company?
Mar 21, 2012

I am strongly considering going to part-time, just hoping to get opinions from anyone who has gone from full-time to part-time or opinions from anyone who has just always been part-time.  Thanks! ...

Nuance: From Full-time To Part-time
Apr 26, 2012

Would anyone be willing to post info on this? I am considering switching to part-time. Wondering how amenable the company is to such requests. If you have done this, were you able to keep same schedule or were you forced into a different schedule? Thanks for any thoughts! ...

Questions Re Going From Full Time To Part Time. Sm
Aug 08, 2012

Has anyone been allowed to go from full-time to part-time employment with Nuance?  Were you able to keep the same basic schedule?  I won't be ready to do this until early next year, so not asking HR at this point. Thanks for any responses! ...

Nuance - Part Time To Full Time?
Aug 08, 2012

I see the post about going from full to part time, but what about the opposite?  For example, if I get hired at 30 hours per week and I have extra time available for a few weeks, can I consistently work more hours than those scheduled 30 hours?  Thanks for any insight you can give. ...

Change From Full- Time To Part- Time.
Sep 10, 2012

I am still debating whether to enroll at Andrews or M-TEC.  My husband is retiring in 2 years and I want to be able to work part-time after that.  Is it realistic to think that I can complete the course at Andrews or M-TEC in 12 months at the most, work full time for a year and then part-time after that.  I would want to be able to work from home.  I guess the other question is "How long after graduating could I expect to earn enough to make it worth the investment, in a reas ...

Is It Easy To Go From Full Time To Part Time At MM?
Feb 18, 2013

I hired on at full time but want to drop 2 hours off a day.  Do they make you change shift or accounts in that case? I don't want benefits so don't care about that.  I worked at Nuance and any change in schedule ultimately ended up in an account and/or shift change.   TIA ...

From Full Time To Part Time With MModal?
Mar 04, 2013

from full time to part time w MM?  I am so burned out trying to work full time hours, I honestly think I would get the same pittance of a check working part time.  Thanks.   ...

Has Anyone Moved From Part-time To Full-time With The
Apr 26, 2013

same company? If so, was it a good decision? I'm thinking of doing that. Thanks. ...

?? Full Time At IMedx/part Time
Jun 18, 2015

Just asking if anyone knows what is considered full time for Imedx and what is considered part time?  ...

Anyone With Playback Problem With Practical Part Of M*Modal Test? Sm
Mar 21, 2012

I had no problems wit the objectiv questions but when I tried to use the keyboard controls or foot pedal to transcribe the sample reports, wouldn't work, even after I downloaded their footpedal software from Career Step.  ...

Full-time To Part-time
Mar 09, 2010

For those who went full time to part-time with MQ (because you got another job)...how did that work?  Did they approve the schedule you wanted, or did they make you take a schedule?  My CCM told me in my area there is no more flexible part-time available but could do regular 24 hour part-time...she said she would have to approve my schedule if and when I do this.  I may be doing two part-time jobs to start and I am trying to figure out how to do my scheduling around both jobs.    Does a ...

Anybody Know About Getting Time Off For Part-time Status
May 04, 2012

I just switched to part-time status due to a court reporting program I have been taking and need 4 hours a day to practice my speed.  I couldn't really figure out the time off situation. I don't care about PTO but want to take time off when I need it.  Anybody know anything about this?  Thanks.  ...