A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How many Canadian medical transcriptionists? - Neesy

Posted: Mar 02, 2012

I was just wondering if there are very many Canadian medical transcriptionists who visit this forum. In Canada we are not "certified" i.e. I took a six month course at college and have a certificate, but we do not have a professional organization as such. I wish we did!

Sometimes I can find a word here when asking the other girls in the office doesn't come up with any new ideas.

Canadian! - Char

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a Canadian, and I agree; this board is fantastic for figuring out words. sometimes I Google "sound-like" words and the only place they come up is on here, since you know they're "made-up" words, LOL.

May be becoming one - still wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a transcriptionist in the US and have over 20 years experience but may be moving within the next year. Just starting to look in attempt to figure out my options as I really would like to change companies anyway. I found the Terra Nova website. They have US and Canadian office. Want to explore them as an option as that would be a good transition. Any input appreciated.

Canadian MTs - Trishanne

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, Canadian here. Back in the 70s, we were attempting to get certification through a Chapter arm of the US. Not sure why it did not take-off. Now, don't see any point to it. Most MTs are off-site now and regulations fluctuate from site to site. Credentials certainly do not get you any more pay. It's lousy in today's climate and grossly underpaid as a "profession" if you call it that.

Similar Messages:

Canadian Medical Transcriptionist
Mar 14, 2010

Can someone please explain to me why Canada is considered OFFSHORE?  We have the same extremely strict confidentiality and medical data security laws and, in fact, tougher standards in the definitions with Independent Contractor versus employee status.  Why is Canada considered offshore?  It's not nearly like sending something to India or Pakistan where you don't know who is working on the dictation or what the ulterior purpose is.  Why can't the two countries just get along? ...

Canadian Medical Transcription Companies
Sep 06, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone knew of companies hiring Canadian MTs as independent contractors, and what their reputations are like.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Nurse Medical Transcriptionists ??
Jun 26, 2011

I came across an ad recently catering to unemployed new registered nurses who need jobs badly. I am understanding that the market for RNs and healthcare in general is saturated and then some; however, this article specifically stated "Nurse Medical Transcriptionists." I saw it on All Nurses forum; I don't remember the company . . . BUT a lot of nurses were responding with interest because they can't get jobs. The only thing that was running through my mind was "you have no idea people ...

Are There Any Jobs Out Their For New Medical Transcriptionists?
Sep 16, 2010

I've recently graduated with an Associate of Applied Science degree and I received my Certificate in Medical Transcription. I've taken several tests for companies over the Internet but they all say the same thing in response to me, "gain more experience, and then come back to us." How can I gain more experience when no one will hire a newbie? If anyone has any advice on this subject, please let me know. ...

Pay Type For Medical Transcriptionists
Jan 25, 2011

Why do medical transcriptionists have to be paid by line.  Who started that?  Why can't they be paid per hour like other jobs?     ...

Union For Medical Transcriptionists
Jul 11, 2011

I know this idea has been tossed around a lot but yet nothing has been done about it (to my knowledge - if someone knows different, please correct me). I am in agreement that we as transcriptionists need to band together so that we don't get treated unfairly and not paid what we are actually worth. I know there are many of us that have chosen medical transcription as our career and are still holding on and sticking through the changes. How do you go about creating a union for transcriptio ...

Medical Transcriptionists Not Getting Paid
Aug 20, 2012

Please do not work for PreciseMT based out of Nebraska!!  Please forward this e-mail around so no one else falls for this!  This loss of wages has put such a burden on me and my family.  I don't want anyone else to suffer.   http://www.wowt.com/factfinders/headlines/Medical-Workers-Not-Being-Paid-166705406.html ...

Job Outlook For Medical Transcriptionists
Mar 24, 2013

http://bls.gov/ooh/Healthcare/Medical-transcriptionists.htm ...

Is There Really Any Future For Newbie Medical Transcriptionists...?
Mar 09, 2010

...especially if we aren't perfect right away and someone like me who has had a home medical transcription job since graduating in September and was let go because I wasn't "perfect" in a month?? Plus, even though I studied my ass off, I failed 2 transcription tests for working with 2 medical transcription services. Please don't slander me about this. I know I'm not the only "newbie" graduated MT that has struggled with fitting in the medical transcription world!!!! ...

Group Medical Insurance For Transcriptionists?
Aug 17, 2010

I was wondering if there is group insurance anywhere for those of us who do this full time without benefits?  It seems that with insurance companies and strength in numbers, something should be available.  Anyone have any information on or experience with this?  I am recently certified with a few years experience and am looking to quit my crappy full time job that I am working only for the insurance to do this full time, but am hitting a wall with the insurance dilemma. ...

Newbie-Future Of Medical Transcriptionists?
Apr 28, 2011

I have gone through and read some of your posts.  I see that Andrews School, MTec, and possibly CareerStep are your top notch schools.  Is there still a need for transcriptionists?  I don't want to go out and spend all this money and not be able to find a job. I would like to be able to work from home as well. What are other's thoughts on this subject?  I have seen several that haven't been able to find a job.  I figured it would take me about 8-12 month ...

The Plight Of American Medical Transcriptionists
Sep 20, 2014

If you thought the plight of the American medical transcriptionists would be heard on a national level, what would you say? Would your biggest complaint be the pay cut? The offshoring of medical records? The emotional abuse we have all endured? All of the above? If we truly thought our voices would be heard, what would we say? Thank you in advance for your responses. ...

MTStars A Community Of US Medical Transcriptionists And Their Companies Who Worry About What Is Bein
May 21, 2013

My point having been made in 2 short weeks, I will no longer be hanging out on this board.  Nuance, in its attempts to hide its egregious activities with certain employees, has infiltrated this board and it is no longer truly a community of US medical transcriptionists, but has become what could more aptly be called, "A company opportunity to do damage control for all POTENTIAL new employees about what the former employees said when they quit."  The board can, however, still ser ...

Canadian
Dec 10, 2014

Hi! I'm from canada. Hope you dont mind having me peruse your boards. Unless there is a similar site for canadians? I haven't been able to find anything! ...

Canadian Accounts
Jan 12, 2014

Do any of you on this board work on the Canadian accounts after went to their new system?   ...

Canadian Nuance MT
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, I know this is an American forum however I'm hard pressed to find something similar for Canada. Are any active posters working for Nuance from Canada? ...

Any Canadian MTs Out There Working For M*Modal?
May 18, 2012

I am just looking for anyone from Canada who is working for this company.  That is one of the things I don't like about M*Modal.  You are an island working for the mainland.  But there is no contact with any of the other islands.  Also you can't actually see the mainland.  You can only send mail to them. Sigh...I just want someone to talk to that works for this company so that we can give each other support etc.  I am not sure why the company doesn't ...

Anyone Know If There Is An Equivolent To MTStars For Canadian Transcription?
Mar 02, 2012

. ...

Searching For Good Online MT School For Canadian
Jan 01, 2011

I'm searching everywhere on web for info on the best recommended schools for Medical Transcription.  Canscribe is said to be 'one of the best', however it's soooo expensive.  Does anyone know a few other good schools recommended by AHDI ?     ...

Transcriptionists With ADD.... I Think Im One Of Them!
Feb 10, 2010

make a living being an MT?  In addition to how low our pay has gotten, and the myriad other problems that we all deal with, if you can't focus, do you think that is cutting into your finances as well? I've always had a suspicion that I have ADD.  Was a totally hyper kid.  Daydreamer in school.  High IQ (148), labelled as "gifted" in 1st Grade, yet with each passing year did less and less well in school.  Looked out the window and zoned out more than I paid att ...

When There Are No More US Transcriptionists...
Aug 19, 2013

M*Modal will call the shots.  No doubt they'll start jacking up prices to the clients then.  That's the way it usually works. Should only take a few more years.  Save a bit now, spend a lot more down the road.  Lol.  Shortsighted fools. ...

EMR's , Will This Mean The End Of Transcriptionists Or Is There Something We Can Do To Stay In
Nov 10, 2009

I am curious what the thoughts are about this. Will is be mandatory in a few years that all doctors offices go to EMR? Will this be the end of the medical transcriptionist or is there something we can do now to prepare for the change and still be in this field? ...

Ever Forget How Much Transcriptionists Really Know?? Sm
Feb 25, 2010

I am training someone and I am now reminded how far I have come, how much I have learned, and the things I take for granted and assume others know.   Basic things, just proper English, not even taking into consideration the medical terminology.  Knowing whether a sentence makes sense or not.  We really should be paid better.  But it is nice to feel smart sometimes....and you know anyone who can do this job really does have to be pretty darn intelligent.   Fello ...

SHREVEPORT, LA TRANSCRIPTIONISTS
May 20, 2010

If there are any MT's in the Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana area on this board, there are a few local employment agencies, in particular Jean Simpson and Career Adventures that are looking for transcriptionists for positions at physician's offices.  I recently got an in-house position and just want to pass along the news to anyone in this area that may be looking for a position.    ...

Axolotl Transcriptionists
May 26, 2010

I wouIld like to know what your opinion is on M-modal.  Do you like it or not?  Is it helpful to you?  Are you being nit-picked to death about it? ...

This Is Actually The Future For Transcriptionists, Sm
Aug 03, 2010

Go to this website.  Transcriptionists will no longer be needed in the future for transcribing or editing.  One of my friends told me the hospital she retired from is going to this system and their transcription department will eventually no longer exist.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGMEf11GmBo ...

Fellow Transcriptionists . . .
Oct 11, 2011

I am now down to 3 companies (from 4) trying to make a living at this, wondering what I should do next.  I'd like to go get my coding diploma and move on from there as I cannot take this anymore.  Four jobs and between all of them I got $700 last week and am still waiting for checks to arrive.  I asked one of them why it wasn't DD and they said they would cut and mail the check.  Lord knows when the other one will arrive.  I don't know, don't YOU ...

Anyone Know What They Pay The Global Transcriptionists?
Nov 16, 2012

How can they possibly get paid less than us? We get paid peanuts and if it is so lucrative for this company to send stuff offshore just wondering what they pay the indian transcriptionists?  ...

Pathology Transcriptionists Please Help
Mar 13, 2014

I work in the path department and when a malignant case comes up that requires a CAP, I defer to the CAP summary.  The docs dictate "lymphovascular . . ." but the CAP summaries will have "lymph-vascular . . ."   The problem is today I was checking the CAP protocol for the Lung CA and the word was used both ways.  In the actual protocol itself, there was the hyphenated version as a header, i.e., but then in the explanatory notes at the end of the protocol  there' ...

Future Ad For Transcriptionists
Mar 31, 2014

Ok, I am just venting some frustration here   Wanted: Experienced medical transcriptionist, VR experience.  Just for the privilege of doing transcription for us we will only charge you 3 cpl.  You may pay us by direct deposit each Friday.  The personal satisfaction you will receiving from being a part of making our company succeed and be profitable, along with satisfying the facility you are striving to put out perfect reports for should be enough for you, as we are t ...