A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Might be Working for M*Modal Soon--Update - MaryFromMaine

Posted: Feb 28, 2012

Hi All! Just wanted to thank you all for the replies to my post last week. They were all very helpful in making my decision. I feel I am very fortunate to have been offered a position with a different company. I wish you all the very best!

you won't regret walking away - one of the replies

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep checking the board every once in awhile and as things get worse (because they always do)you will be grateful you escaped the mighty MMess. Good luck.

GOOD FOR YOU - YOU WON'T REGRET IT ONE BIT!! - HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

Working For M*Modal?
Dec 12, 2012

I have passed 1/2 the testing & saw some negative things about M*Modal. Since I tested, they have called me, emailed me several times to finish my testing. I'm hesitant to do so because I see so many negative things about this company. Any advice? I mean, are you guys out of work a lot? Thank you in advance! ...

Does Anyone Like Working For M-Modal?
Jul 07, 2013

From what I'm reading on M-Modal's board, it sounds simply dreadful working for them.  Still, they stay in business are in direct competition with Nuance (which has an equally dreadful board).  How can they stay at the top of the MTSO industry if they're so horrible to work for?  I'm not meaning to doubt you guys who write about how miserable it is.  I'm just wondering if the people who LIKE it there just don't post on MT Stars, or if there reall ...

M*Modal Enter Key Not Working
Feb 23, 2012

Suddenly today when editing in M*Modal I can hit enter to get text to go to the next line, but it does not skip a line like it should for a new paragraph, and if I hit enter again at the beginning of that line it will not put in another line. It's not my enter key because it works fine in word and here.....:-) So it's within the program and I have searched and searched to try to find out what I did. I must have disabled that somehow but I have no idea and I need it back! I can ...

Might Be Working For M*Modal Soon--Questions
Feb 24, 2012

Hi All! I have a phone interview with M*Modal next week (to work as an MT, not an editor) and have a list of questions for them, but thought I might direct some of those questions to you all before then. Knowledge is power, I think, and I’d like to know as much as possible before I decide to sign with them, if asked. I have worked as an MT since 1984, and worked from home as a subcontractor since 1998. Never worked from home as an employee. How do they define “full-time” work ...

Any Canadian MTs Out There Working For M*Modal?
May 18, 2012

I am just looking for anyone from Canada who is working for this company.  That is one of the things I don't like about M*Modal.  You are an island working for the mainland.  But there is no contact with any of the other islands.  Also you can't actually see the mainland.  You can only send mail to them. Sigh...I just want someone to talk to that works for this company so that we can give each other support etc.  I am not sure why the company doesn't ...

M Modal Working Conditions
Sep 04, 2014

Our hospital is looking to outsource all work to MModal with them absorbing our employees.  Any comments on how MModal is to work for?  Hourly pay vs. incentive with MModal, etc.  Thanks. ...

Thoughts On Working For M Modal Part-time?
Feb 09, 2013

It is depressing reading about the poor treatment by some companies. I am looking for some part-time transcribing or VR editing after losing OT and no raise but health care, grocery, gas costs still rising. How are they to work for? Do you run out of work? Is the pay so low you feel like you are sewing soccer balls in India? I worked for a local service years ago, the pay was great, the owner great and tons of work. From what I am reading 8 cpl for transcribing and 4 cpl for VR editing is n ...

Did You Previously Have Humana Health Insurance, Before Working For M*Modal?
Jul 26, 2012

Sorry to be repetitive.  I posted this on the Main Board but haven't gotten any responses there, so I'm re-posting it here where more M*Modal folks might notice it(?).   I got a letter a couple days ago from Humana about a rebate for a portion of the health insurance premiums which I had at my last job--the rebate apparently required  by the Affordable Care Act.  The letter has a lot of additional mumbo-jumbo, not all of which I understand.   It says to "cont ...

Update On Update Three Reports A Day
Aug 10, 2012

Hi everyone I just wanted to stop by really quick and let you all know that finally, FINALLY I am off QA. I was given two accounts today in addition to the one they had initially given me. I can now type w/o counting my reports and waiting for feedback first. It remains to be seen of course, whether or not there will be as much work as I was told but so far, this company has been true to their word. Still, four days on a very restrictive QA protocol was quite scary. I am a LOT grayer now ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

Probably My Next To Last Update
Mar 16, 2010

Just a quick line to let you all know that there are better things out there for you.  I am now 79 days away from graduating with my MD.  The only blocks I have left are orthopedics and pain management.  I have worked my way through medical school, which of course means I did not have much time to study.  None the less, I am in the top 10% of my class, and I attribute it to the information I learned transcribing.  Even if you feel you do not have the 4+ years to put ...

Dqs Update
Apr 08, 2010

Having problems doing the upgrade.  Support is working on it.  In the meantime, does anybody know if not having this installed will create problems with getting jobs?  CCM doesn't know.  So far I've been able to work as usual.  I'm just scared I'll go to log on and be locked out because I don't have the upgrade working yet.  Thanks ...

UPDATE Help Please
Oct 14, 2010

So, I logged on and promptly got booted right off.  Message says I need to "update" (again??) before I can continue.  I am in MQ central as I type but cannot find any update anywhere. Does anyone know where it is hiding?  (under what category or tab...)   Thank you all so much for always helping this old gal!  ...

Help With The Update!
Oct 14, 2010

Okay so when I logged in this morning, I get the message to upgrade.  I am currently using Vista.  When I go to Docqmanage to upgrade, I get the message "The version of DocQscribe you are trying to install requires the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package SP2." I tried to install it, but it says its not compatible with Vista! Somebody Help!!  ...

Another Update??
Nov 01, 2010

Couldn't sign in this morning, says I need to do another update.  I tried to find how to do that with QScare, e-mailing my CCM, but no response after an hour.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Isn't it in MQCentral somewhere?  I wish I could do a search on the site, but I had to navigate through each of the options in every department, and can't find any portal.  Anyone know how to do this? ...

QA Update From Below
Jan 31, 2011

I pointed out the job number and QA person who made two errors in a report after marking me with a Major error.  The QA leader, of course, went over what "I" did wrong and why her QA was correct and mentioned the grammatical errors; however, didn't mention that they were made BY THE QA PERSON and left it implied that they were mine as well.  I have a job interview tomorrow, in-house, doing office work.  Can't wait.  ...

Here's My Update !!!
Jun 27, 2012

Working my new way, I have just made $12.98 per HOUR !!   WHOO HOO !!!   I'm a-liking this !!! ...

Update
Jan 11, 2013

this is from one of my quality coaches or whatever.   A fix is going into place now and they expect us to be up and running soon, so please keep checking back and watch for emails from us.    ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

Dr Address-update
Oct 31, 2009

thanks for all the replies.  It was not listed on any of the sites provided.  She must be a new doc in the area.  Doc said and spelled the name 4 times in report, so I am pretty sure I got the spelling correct.  Thanks again ...

Just A Quick Update
Dec 20, 2009

I haven't posted lately, but I thought that I would just drop a line to keep anyone interested up to date.    I am graduating in June with my M.D., near the top of my class. Already passed the boards.  As my classes have progressed it has actually gotten much easier because of my years of transcribing.  I know the treatment for most diseases because I have typed them time and time again.    I know there is a lot of frustration out there because of what ...

I Got A Job Offer! - UPDATE
Feb 13, 2010

I am updating, like I said I would.  I'm still working, and I LOVE the job!  Granted, the pay isn't where I would like it to be yet, but it gets better every day, because my line count gets higher every day!  Thanks to those of you who encouraged and supported me during the hiring process! ...

Anybody See The Update From Peter What's-his-name
Apr 02, 2010

on MQ Central just now? Nothing we didn't already know, really, but I think I'm going to go vomit anyway. ...

UPDATE On Error 372
Apr 04, 2010

Well, the head tech guy called today and remotely went on my computer, and he could not find a solution to this error coming up when opening Editscript v 9.  It will not work, so I cannot work.  I have a new job, but I can't work because I can't get ES 9 to work.  Funny thing is, it does this on both my computers, and one is an XP and one is Vista.  What are the odds both computers would give this same error?  The tech guy said they have never seen this error b ...

DQS 6.1 - Anyone Using The Latest DQS Update?
Jun 08, 2010

Is anyone using the latest DQS update?  I think it's 6.1version.  I've already gone through the training on it but haven't heard when it's going to be started.  Thanks ...

An Update....coding Changes
Jun 08, 2010

About 2 weeks ago I posted that our company was sold to an Indian entity and expressed some concerns about the future of my job, having been down that road with MT.  I had expressed those concerns to my manager, who passed them along to our director of human resources, who contacted me this week to discuss them.  I asked her if they had explored at all what happened to MT when the Indian companies came onto (took over) the scene and I explained to her some of the challenges faced by th ...

UPDATE On New IC Account
Jul 13, 2010

The doc has contacted me and we are to meet today at his office.  He has such a heavy accent, I could hardly understand what he was saying.  He is in need of a transcriptionist, and has 50 charts needing to be transcribed.  Not sure what type of equipment he has as of yet, but obviously he must have some kind.   How do I charge him.  I thought about by the line at maybe 12 cpl, but his accent is so heavy, I am thinking it will take me a while before being productive ...

Update On The Hospital Job
Aug 26, 2010

Thanks to everyone who responded and I did call on this job but it was an evening job 3-11 so even though it was 18 bucks an hour that does not work for me have children at home...so back to looking into the MTSO companies and finding the best one out there - if anyone has suggestions let me know ...

Med Workshops - Update
Jun 23, 2011

A while back, I posted about my experience with Med Workshops. Initially, they offered to give me my money back since I had such an awful experience with them. After they were notified by the BBB that I had filed a complaint, they refused to refund my tuition. I wanted to give prospective students a heads up about this school. I really wish that I had done more research before giving them my money. Another thing I found interesting was that they told me not to believe anything that I rea ...

Landmark - Update?
Jan 26, 2011

I worked for Landmark a while ago.  Sorry for all the problems the current MTs are having.  Have the owners come up with a solution about the insurance issue?  Just a thought, but you might try calling your local state representative's office and asking about COBRA and/or an insurance plan run by your state that covers children.  You may also have a county agency that can give you information about insurance coverage.  Of note, the COBRA payment is usually the ent ...