A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

30 minutes into my 8 hour shift and surprise surprise - Mt

Posted: Mar 22, 2015

NJA!  Yeah your TAT is looking great but your employee morale is even worse than it was.

And - Mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Should I really have to use my hard earned PTO for any hours I need to make up? Doubt there is going to be any work to actually make the hours up, but again, should I have to?

Partial unemployment - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
People have done it in the past,,,can anyone enlighten me as to the process.

And it is Spring Break - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
and we will all fight for the work that is there.

spring break is different at different places. It was the beginning of - the month for my university, next week

[ In Reply To ..]
for my kids. You might as well say the entire month of March is spring break when looking at the national view.

Similar Messages:

Medquist Buy-out-what!!!!!! Surprise, Surprise!
Aug 24, 2011

So, has anybody been involved in a Medquist buyout, how did that work for you?  My company just announced we are now a part of MQ, but don't worry, everything will stay basically the same.  Somehow, I doubt it!  Did your job description change?  Any info on your experience would be appreciated.  If you want to stay confidential e-mail me if you want.  Thanks! ...

Oh, Surprise, Surprise Synernet!
Aug 20, 2014

Errors are up on all accounts (EVEN with people who NEVER make a lot of errors) and they just do not know why. They now have the lowest quality of their company's life. AND they don't know why this is happening. These people do not have a clue. They are so out of touch with their people; they are just astounded by it. Why then did it NOT surprise me at all? Of course their solution to it is:  Just stop doing that. ...

Surprise, Surprise..SoftScript At It Again!
Feb 23, 2015

SoftScript is looking for mentors/teachers trainers and Q coordinators again.  Don't fall for these positions, as this is how they lure you in to be an MT.  Please read recent posts regarding SoftScript (Soft Bait and Switch Script) on how their job listings are misleading. ...

SA5 NJA (no Surprise).............but
Jan 18, 2010

seems strange as we were actually backed up this weekend, no way we could have wiped all that out without some "help" if ya know what I mean.  Unfortunately, you prob do. For all those whose accounts go overseas....how did it happen?  Did you just try to sign in and got NJA and then never got work again from that account?  Or is it a slower process?  I was wondering when my turn was.......at least thanks to this board I'm prepared........ And thankfully I'm in CA. ...

SGS Surprise!
Jan 15, 2014

After over 2-1/2 years with SGS and being named employee of the month in September, SGS terminated me today.  When I asked why, I was told only "we are making some tough decisions".  What a disloyal unprofessional bunch.    ...

Surprise! Out Ofwork With SoftScript Again!
Oct 14, 2009

This really sucks...End of pay period and out of work with SoftScript!  I have no choice but to look for something else while keeping them as something part-time or whenever, that is if I am even able to get 20 hours with them in a week! So frustrated because this isn't going to pay my bills! : *( ...

Just Scored A Surprise 84% On Final...:(
Apr 08, 2010

I just received a score on my Allied Med School Final exam of 84%, which really surprises me as I have been scoring upwards of 95 on the assignments and felt really good about these 5 transcriptions. From your experiences, what are my chances of ever being able to find a job with an 84 on my certificate? Trying to decide whether to try the second attempt or not - worried that my grade on it would be even lower... ...

Wow, So I Filed For Unemployment......what A Surprise....
Aug 23, 2013

Turns out my weekly benefit is MORE than I was making at MM before I got laid off, at least recently. I'm guessing it's because I made more before and slowly but surely my pay kept going down down down. Apparently the UI benefit is based on an average of what you made all year or something. All I know is that by getting laid off, I am actually going to make much more than I did as of late. Isn't that a hoot. Good riddance M-Modal! ...

Nice Surprise In Bank Acct This A.m.
Apr 27, 2013

Nice to see I got the quarterly bonus this morning when I checked my bank balance.  Definitely came at a good time.  Really didn't think I would qualify but glad I did.  Makes me actually want to work today!! ...

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

OOW Already 30 Minutes Into Shift
May 24, 2015

Does not bode well for the rest of the holiday weekend either.  Was off yesterday so I don't know how the work flow was then.  Just expect today and tomorrow to be  slim pickings.  ...

Five Minutes Into My Shift And OOW. Not A Good Way To
Jun 17, 2015

start a shift. ...

ETransPlus. No Work 30 Minutes Into My Shift.
Jan 19, 2011

This has been happening pretty regularly lately.  I know we just got through the holidays, but still, work should have picked up by now.  I can't afford this.  Just venting.  ...

Seventeen Minutes Into My Shift And Out Of Work Already! Nm.
Dec 15, 2011

My Shift Is Due To Start Soon. I See Only 177 Minutes For The Entire BOB.
Jul 04, 2013

Biggest kick in the teeth is Thursday through Sunday is my schedule. NJA for my entire week is not going to pay the bills. The only "good" thing is my state requires they pay me at leasr 4 hours for NJA. ...

How Many Minutes Should You Be Able To Transcribe Per Hour?
Jan 18, 2011

An curious as I just started a job that runs on minutes.  The supervisor wants me to get up to 140 minutes a day transcribed in 8 hours.  About how many lines an hour would that be?  Will that be easy?  TIA ...

How Many Minutes Of Dictation Can You Do In An Hour/day On Average?
Feb 18, 2010

I was just wondering your best estimate of how many minutes of dictation you can do per hour/day. My manager is calculating that the average MT can do 100 minutes of dictation per day. This seems very low to me since I can usually do at least 20 minutes of dictation per hour with a mix of traditional typing and VR (more typing than VR). Am I just an anomaly? ...

Required To Do At Least 15 Minutes Of Audio Per Hour
May 17, 2012

I recently started with a new company where I am paid per minute. I am required to do at least 15 minutes of audio per hour while in training and then at least 20 minutes of audio per hour after that point as the minimum requirements. The account that I am on has dictations that are mostly 1 minute or less, fast talkers and pulling in templates. Do you think that these minimums are attainable? I know that I can do that many audio minutes on average, but I'm not used to being paid by the aud ...

How Does A Person Figure How Many Minutes In An Hour Of Dictation Can Do
Jan 19, 2010

I am putting in for a proofing/transcribing job with a company but i need to also write down what i need for wages by how many minutes of dictation i can do.  How do i do this?  I have never kept track of minutes/hour and how much i actually do.  It has always been 8-9 cents/line.  She says an average is 20 minutes of dictation/hour then divide by 60 and that is what i would get paid per minute anywhere between her range she has.  Does anyone know how to figure this out. ...

What Are Minimum Minutes For An 8 Hour Period Nationwide?
Feb 23, 2010

I wanted to know how many minutes in 8 hours is considered normal. Thanks for all replies in advance. ...

Line Counts - 38 Minutes Of Dictation Per Hour But Only Ended Up With 160 LPH?
Dec 09, 2011

I have been struggling to reach my line counts at a certain company for a while now. I thought it was me. I've been working really hard to get faster and use more shortcuts, etc. I just looked at my stats and I did 38 minutes of dictation per hour but only ended up with 160 LPH? How is that even possible? I haven't had any dictations today with a lot of dead air or anything like that. I've done 200+ minutes of dictation today and have 1400 lines to show for it. I'm just wond ...

A 2-hour Shift Tonight, Then I Am GONE...
Dec 16, 2011

Ahh, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Just hope I am not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.  :/ ...

Is A Three Day, 12-hour Shift Difficult To Do?
Apr 11, 2014

Unit Secretary Job Description:  Prior experience in a medical unit or medical office support position preferred. Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, graduate of a Medical Assistant or Secretarial Training Program preferred.  Written and spoken use of medical terminology required, successful completion of a medical terminology course preferred. Basic computer expertise in Microsoft Office.  Full time.  Shift will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., three days a week.  Days ...

Nuance 14-hour Day Shift (6A-8P) !!!
May 17, 2015

Forget shift differentials with this joint, too.   Can you imagine being the parent of one of these goons? I'd be so ashamed. ...

One Hour Into My Shift, Did A Whopping 2 Jobs!!!
Feb 26, 2013

On a brighter note, did 2 loads of laundry and mopped the floor!! ...

One Hour Into My Shift, Have Had 3 Jobs. Guess I'm Done For The Day
Feb 28, 2013

Waiting..waiting..waiting.  No work coming up. Guess I'm done.  Today, had a whopping 3 jobs. ...

It Is Only 1 Hour Into My Shift, And My Hands Are Shot Already
Jan 05, 2014

So many corrections and so much missing punctuation that I an excruciatingly sore already! I was barely able to move my hands last night because they hurt from so many corrections. Grrrrr ...

How Many Lines Required An 8-hour Shift For Editing?
Feb 21, 2010

Does any one have any requirements for editing for an 8-hr shift?  I know for straight typing is usually required to type 1200-1500.  Thanks in advance. ...

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

What Does 1200 Lines Per 8 Hour Shift Equal In Words Per Minute?
Jan 03, 2012

What does 1200 lines per 8 hour shift equal to in words per minute? ...