A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Seventeen minutes into my shift and out of work already! nm. - wannie

Posted: Dec 15, 2011

Frown

what region? - Im swamped in north

[ In Reply To ..]
Why not switch to north region?

Hey, not only are you giving away your jobs, but you - are giving away MY jobs. Stop. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

They are not your jobs - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
They are the company's jobs. If they want more MTs in your region, they will transfer them; if they don't, they won't. Nothing written on this board has any influence on what MQ does.
thanks for the tongue lashing - old school
[ In Reply To ..]
you need coffee
Oh, it's not a tongue lashing and I need more than coffee - OABO
[ In Reply To ..]
Not meant as a tongue lashing. Just trying to say that we have no influence with this company. If you ask to be switched to another region and they don't want to do it, they won't. If they need MTs in another region they will switch you whether you like it or not. Doesn't matter what is said on this board.

Bought out in eTrans buy. - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
None of my accounts are DQS yet.

oh... sorry - cant you get switched

[ In Reply To ..]
As long as you have no work, why not start training for DQS?

Same happened with our buy out. MQ working our accts - before completely switched over. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I don't understand this... - Bonyfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't get it. I am told I need to work more, more and more every day and overtime this weekend, which I don't want to do. I don't understand if people are running out of work, why they can't move you to some new accts that need help desperately. Right now my account has a backup of about 120 jobs. I am totally fried and don't even care anymore

Out of work - Tier 3 MQ MT

[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of times we get overflow work, but I think they prefer to try to get the current SA working on the accounts because they would be most familiar with them. Some CCM's seem reluctant to ask for help also. Maybe you need to make a suggestion to your CCM that people are posting that they are out of work and maybe she/he will request some help.

No work - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
Welcome to the club. This is what we MTs have been complaining about for awhile now. No one realizes what it is like until it happens to them. Hang in there.

How do you handle making up all this time? I do not have PTO - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
as I'm PT (recently bought) and home life is crazy around my SCHEDULED SHIFT, so I have been punching out and just heading towards the poorhouse. My last paycheck was just about half of what I earned the paycheck before and that one was less than before the buyout. My resume is up to date and I have a couple outfits for interviews but really have to wait until after holidays before I can concentrate on doing that. I really don't think I can hang in there as I haven't even been "transitioned" yet to MQ and things are already going down hill fast. I've been there, done that and don't want to do it again. I hope things get better for you.

shortcake, apply for partial unemployment - due to no work

[ In Reply To ..]
Stop using your PTO to cover those times. Apply for partial unemployment. You can collect even though you are only part time and even though you are still working.
The woman I spoke to in the office said I could not and suggested - shortcake
[ In Reply To ..]
I speak to a labor law attorney. Yeah right, like I have money for that. By the way, I have not been using PTO because I don't have any (that I know of anyway).
seriously, apply anyway - online
[ In Reply To ..]
I did and received partial benefits until the provided me enough work to maintain my shift again.

Did work pick up for you Wannie? I was able to - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
get a whopping 2 hours in out of my 6 hour shift today.

I've been exactly where you are - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing happened to me about 2-3 years ago. I wasn't part of a buy-out but I was an MT who had worked on the same hospital group forEVER. There was always an abundance of work and I could work day or night - they always seemed to need extra hands on the account. I was making good money (not a LOT but enough to pay my bills and be comfortable). Then, my work disappeared. Not really overnight, but little by little until my 8 hour work day became 6, then became 2. The whole time my CCM gave me EVERY excuse in the book - the accounts were just slow â€Â¦ she had too many people on board â€Â¦ it was a slow time of year â€Â¦ OMG I heard every imaginable excuse why my work was disappearing. Little by little I was literally going broke - my rent was later and later every month, then came the "payment plans" with my apartment office, then I had to start choosing which bill to pay, my electric or my phone. I kept thinking I could "fix this" by sitting at my computer day and night and grab the jobs when they came in but the work just was never there. Then â€Â¦ I found this site and after spending HOURS perusing all the posts I realized â€Â¦ it wasn't me. It wasn't something I could "fix" because it is a Medquist issue. It's been 2-1/2 years since that realization and it has never gotten any better.

Worst yet, I see Medquist take over companies like yours and it just makes me feel sad. I feel sad because dozens (hundreds?) of MTs just like you and your group start out thinking none of this will happen to them and they believe the LIES that Medquist tells them about having tons of work, good steady income and their old accounts forever and ever. Inevitably I've watched people just like you later post the reality of employment with Medquist and that's no work, minimum wage (on a good day) and their accounts going away to India. I just want you to know that I'm sorry this is happening to you - you all seem like nice people but I hope you're coming to the "acceptance phase" of your new reality - this is how it is working for Medquist, and how it will always be. You will never have the income you once had, you will never have an abundance (or even, enough) work again, and your old accounts are being scavaged by dozens of other workers including Indian employees as we speak. Now, time to decide if this is something you can live with because it will never ever be what it used to be, again. Not ever.

Yup, you are so right. Thanks also for your kind thoughts. Its not - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
a good place to be in right now and on top of the job I have loved for a few years (since leaving MQ last time), everything else just seems to be going wrong. I will fix this as I am not a prisoner here, but it will take time and energy, which I have little of right now, but I'm working on it. I know once I'm out of here, everything else will fall into place. We have to stay positive. Just not easy when you show up for work every day to a job that doesn't have work for you.
I know â€Â¦ I know how you feel. It's the worst feeling in the world - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you're having a rough time â€Â¦ this is supposed to be a happy and joyous time of year, but instead so many of us are facing it with dread because of all the added pressure.

I felt the same way. The worst part is the uncertainty. I wanted SO MUCH to believe it was a temporary thing and that it would get better, and I'm sure you want that too. If there is just ONE good thing to come of all of it, it's that this site is FILLED with people facing the same exact uncertainty, frustration, and even anger over the situation that Medquist has created for them.

It's seriously a horrible company. I was thinking the other day, I am almost 100% certain that Medquist must be one of the most deeply hated companies in America. Then I realized, they are not even in America anymore.

Hang in there and feel free to come vent anytime. We provide a lot of support to each other - just know you're not alone.
Thank you...nm - shortcake
[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
You are being very honest and realistic. Thank you for explaining some things to the newer employees. It is difficult until you understand how it works at Medquist.

Yes, thanks, it did. I managed to get close to 7 - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
hours. Hope your situation gets better.

Maybe work evenings/nights? - Helped me

[ In Reply To ..]
During the day I get a lot of emails from my CCM stating there is no/low work and to fill out a ticket. Every evening/night I get emails requesting OT and there is usually late work near morning.

I start work in the evening time and I notice that when I start, there is only a few jobs in the backlog with 10 to 15 people working on my primary alone. When 5:30 pm hits, its down to 1 or 2 people working. At 6 pm, all the doctors dock their recorder and upload their work and within minutes the backlog jumps from a couple jobs to 100 and we end up going late by morning with only 2 MTs covering at night. This is near daily. I asked my CCM why more people don't work when there is work, and she says that most of the MTs want to work 9 to 5 and not later and no matter what she says, they refuse to change schedule.

I don't understand why those who complain there is no work when they work, while there is pleny of work at night, don't change their schedule when asked/recommended. Surely, it's better then not making money. When I worked in-house, they scheduled me when they needed me and if I didn't adhere or want to work that schedule, they would have fired me and hired somebody that would.

Now, before I get roasted by those who enjoy flaming, I'm talking about BOBs in my situation only. NOT the ones who have no work at any time of the day, which I know are the majority and which may be your case.

Some here want the cushy day shift and hope to get - all lines then. But when they cant, SM

[ In Reply To ..]
then they log on, off schedule, on the crappy shifts at night when there is work so they can get their lines. It was suggested they switch shift to the crappy shift, but funny, none want to commit to the crappy shift. They just want to use that shift in an emergeny when they cant get their lines during the cushy shift.

Rarely no jobs any more - tier 3 MT/ME

[ In Reply To ..]
I am really surprised when ya'll say there is no work. I have work pretty continuously and I work day shift. I know that around this time of year we get a slow down, but I only have noticed this so far around Thanksgiving, there were 2 days when I went ahead and filed an NJA request and took PTO. Usually if I hang in there a little bit I'll get a job here and there with maybe at most 10 minutes of time to wait 2 or 3 times over 1 to 1-1/2 hours, then other people are doing the same and pretty soon the jobs start streaming in cause everyone else has logged off and taken the NJA. But even when we might be low, my CCM is on top of it and pulling in job from other CCMs that are out of TAT and I get that work until my work starts streaming. Monday mornings are the slowest for me because I'm working primarily at a clinic a few docs come in on the weekends and dictate, but mostly they catch up Monday morning and so by mid day I'm catching the newest dictation.

Some of you talk about being able to know how many people are working or not. I don't know how you know that or know what they are working on.

Why any employee can dictate their own terms about when they are going to work is beyond me. My CCM said look we need third shift covered, if we don't get people volunteering its going to be mandatory. I'm an employee I get what's given to me, if I have to work shift work, I don't get a choice, I've been lucky though and not had to change my schedule which I'm glad of, I'm a schedule oriented person I need the stability and familiarity to get my work done appropriately and I don't work well at night, early morning is my best time, so I capitalize on that and so does my CCM. There are times I work a shift in the evening to help out or put in some OT when offered. If people kept to their schedule like working in a brick and mortar office and not hop in and out and jump on other people's shifts where there may be an abundance of employees, then maybe things would settle down. I suspect many of the CCMs are as frustrated as we are. We all just need to work our shifts and stick to it and not make excuses why we can't.

And btw Partial unemployment while working and considered full time doesn't happen in the state of California. They laugh at you and say you are lucky to have a job.

Ok, I'm done now. I am as frustrated as many of you, but its because of the cut in pay and the huge majority of things going to SR which isn't paying squat, I had to revert from MME status back to MT/ME, still didn't make more but at least I didn't have the responsibility and have to take flack for correcting things that I knew weren't right and getting frustrated at MT's who don't seem to care to correct themeselves.
I agree - Good post
[ In Reply To ..]
By the way, to look up how many people are working and what jobs are assigned, etc, log into Documanage dep (not the one with your stats). If you don't know how to get in, just ask your CCM. It's the same place you can look up old reports (not the repository). I have a habit of keeping it up all the time.
Looking up people working - tier 3 MT/ME
[ In Reply To ..]
Hmm, I know exactly where you are referring to, I guess I just never had a clue that you could see who was or wasn't working at any particular time. I only pop it open when I need to look up a report that isn't in the repository.

I'll have to check that out, though not while working, obviously!!! LOL Don't need more things to distract me. HA!
No who, just how many. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Me, too. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Or they find a job with another company, one of the - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
"crappy shifts at night" so they can pay their bills and put food on the table. A lot of us would like the "cushy day shift" but realize that's not always possible.

Similar Messages:

OOW Already 30 Minutes Into Shift
May 24, 2015

Does not bode well for the rest of the holiday weekend either.  Was off yesterday so I don't know how the work flow was then.  Just expect today and tomorrow to be  slim pickings.  ...

Five Minutes Into My Shift And OOW. Not A Good Way To
Jun 17, 2015

start a shift. ...

ETransPlus. No Work 30 Minutes Into My Shift.
Jan 19, 2011

This has been happening pretty regularly lately.  I know we just got through the holidays, but still, work should have picked up by now.  I can't afford this.  Just venting.  ...

My Shift Is Due To Start Soon. I See Only 177 Minutes For The Entire BOB.
Jul 04, 2013

Biggest kick in the teeth is Thursday through Sunday is my schedule. NJA for my entire week is not going to pay the bills. The only "good" thing is my state requires they pay me at leasr 4 hours for NJA. ...

30 Minutes Into My 8 Hour Shift And Surprise Surprise
Mar 22, 2015

NJA!  Yeah your TAT is looking great but your employee morale is even worse than it was. ...

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...

Wow. I Have Been Clocked In 45 Minutes, And My Inactive Time Shows As 34 Minutes.
May 08, 2013

It appears to be only counting the active time to be the actual time the audio is playing and not all the time I spend in ADT and formatting. Looks like they may be manipulating the figure to ding people "for not actively working" for long periods of time. Hmmm, building another way to fire people? ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Minutes
Dec 03, 2009

Are there any companies that pay minutes or line count whichever equals the most? I have docs that leave a lot of air space on voice files. ...

How Many Minutes?
Mar 17, 2010

Instead of wondering how many LPH one can do, I'm wondering how many minutes of editing a person should be doing in an 8-hour day.   I'm asking this because this is a discussion in the company I work for right now.  Thanks for any helpful replies. ...

15 Minutes?
Apr 07, 2010

did anyone log in after 15 minutes after scheduled time and still got in?  I downloaded a job right at the very minute my shift should have been over and it still let me download a job.  Just wandering if i can take an extra 15 minutes logging in at my next shift and still get in.  Did not get a straight answer from ccm.  She just said it will allow you 15 minutes ahead of time but nothing about logging in 15 minutes after.  TYIA.  ...

NJA For 30 Minutes.
Mar 12, 2011

Can't work, can't make any money to pay light and internet bills so I can work! ...

Did Anyone See 60 Minutes?
May 11, 2011

There was a story on the people who lost their jobs. They have COBRA, but there are no jobs, unemployment pays $200/week or so, and COBRA insurance costs $1600/month (I can't remember the exact amount). So they are jobless, losing their homes because they can't pay their mortgages, moving in with other family members, who also have lost their jobs, and of course have no medical insurance.  My heart went out to one woman when she just cried out that she didn't know where they ...

Anyone Know If We Get 10 Minutes With NJA And
Jul 05, 2011

then maybe 1 or 2 short jobs and then NJA again - do we have to wait another 15 minutes or do you count the prevous 10 minutes of waiting and just wait 5 more minutes.  I could go on all morning with waiting 8, 10, 12 minutes, then get 1 job, then wait 5 minutes, get a job and so on and so on.  Should I just add the total wait time until I get to 15 minutes or do I need to have a solid 15 minutes before I can log off? ...

How Many Minutes Do I Ask For?
Jan 20, 2012

I am just getting back into transcription, and I forgot something. I am an independent contractor, and I want to work 5 hours a day. Roughly how many minutes would that translate into so I can ask my coordinator how many minutes to give me each day? *I know it's different for everyone, but I'm just looking for a rough estimate.   ...

NJA For 40 Minutes Already
Apr 23, 2013

in the north region, anyone else?  This is getting old! ...

I Was Out For About 3 Minutes
May 25, 2015

Didnt sign off fast enough, couple more just came through..darn ...

Transcription Minutes
Jan 05, 2010

Does anyone know about how many minutes the average radiology transcriptionists types? ...

75 Minutes Of Dictation
Apr 05, 2010

How long does it take to transcribe 75 minutes of dictation? ...

For Those Of You Who Have Received The 15 Minutes
Sep 30, 2010

how do you know you've been paid that time by looking at your pay stub? And does it show up on your time sheets as an adjustment by your CCM? The reason I ask is because I don't believe I have ever been paid this 15 minutes of time (the waiting time when we get NJA). I asked about this recently.  I asked both my CCM and payroll, and my question was never answered...it was just swept under the rug as if I never asked. I am planning to call the labor department about this becaus ...

Last Job 22 Minutes In Length And Only
Aug 02, 2011

73 freakin' lines because of the way the dictator did.  Very slow, lots of stopping and dead air, repeating himself.  In fact, he dictated the Impression 5 times and would say correction and start over.  He even had the nerve to laugh and snicker and said "to start over again".  Wish I could reach through the computer, down all lines to wherever the **** this jerk is and rip his tonsils out by hand without anesthesia. ARG.  Glad I'm done!  And he is a ESL ...

Insilun Minutes??
Sep 08, 2011

What could "insilun" be?? She was conscious immediately after the fall but became lethargic over the *insilun* minutes... Thanks! ...

Dictation In Minutes
Oct 04, 2011

Does anyone know what 100 minutes of dictation equals in lines per 8-hour shift? ...

Been Out Of Work For Over 30 Minutes, But.....s/m
Jul 25, 2012

they send out email asking us to give up our weekend time to help out???  Uh, I don't think so. ...

NJA 15 Minutes Wait
Jan 26, 2013

I waited for 14 minutes with NJA and then 1 job came up at 14 minutes when I rechecked.  I did that job and now I am again waiting now for 6 minutes.  Can I count these minutes together to report NJA or do I have to start counting over again each time I get 1 job?  Thanks! ...

Put My 6 Minutes In Timecard For NJA, But
Jan 01, 2014

put it on Thursday instead of Wednesday. I am a day ahead of myself I guess. How do I delete that off Thursday? It keeps saying something about alert when I try taking on Thursday. Any suggestions? ...

NJA (No Jobs Available) For 15 Minutes
Mar 18, 2015

Well I have now received NJA for 15 minutes.  I am personally taking myself off the mandatory overtime as there is no logical reason to have it anymore. Anybody else wanna join me?  What a crock of crap!!!!!  MM quit being logical about EVERYTHING a long time ago.  Good luck getting us to do "mandatory" overtime again because we know this will happen and we'll all laugh in your face.  ...

Emergency Maintenance In 2 Minutes - DQS?
Mar 25, 2010

When did this get scheduled? Just noticed it.   We will be performing emergency maintenance beginnning at 12:00 pm Eastern 3/25/2010 and lasting for up to 10 minutes. There may be a brief interruption of some services for DocQmanage and DocQscribe users. ...

Hahahaha. I Sat Here For 20 Minutes Waiting
Aug 13, 2010

a job does come up.  I get all excited!  You would have thought I won the lottery or something.  I open up Schedulesource and clock in.  I get into the report.  Notice it is an ASR (kinda bummed, but it is a job, right?) and low and behold, it is a cancelled dictation worth 8 seconds.  Doctor says, "cancel this dictation" and before you know it, I am punching out of Schedulesource and did not make 1 penny.  Bummer!  Did not win the lottery.  Hahahah ...