A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nice surprise in bank acct this a.m. - new but old

Posted: Apr 27, 2013

Nice to see I got the quarterly bonus this morning when I checked my bank balance.  Definitely came at a good time.  Really didn't think I would qualify but glad I did.  Makes me actually want to work today!!

Surprise in bank account - redmaj

[ In Reply To ..]
What?? Do you work for MModal? If you do, I have never heard of such a thing!!

quarterly bonus - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
No I work for Nuance and this is their quarterly bonus that you get. I forget all the hoops that you have to jump through, all I know is that I actually had to go to payroll and look it up. I had gotten an email awhile back saying that those eligible would get it before the end of the month, but to be honest didn't think I qualified for it but I guess I was wrong!!

You'll be on the hit list now - been there

[ In Reply To ..]
The "quality" team will begin to find a lot more "errors" in your work. You will find that somehow, you just barely managed to exceed that 15% cap on lines sent to QC. Your accounts will be switched, or you'll start getting more and more of the garbage dictators, so that your line count will drop. One way or another, they will try to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Thanks but no thanks - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand that you mean well, but I really don't appreciate it. I have gotten bonuses before and have no more or less a problem with QC then everybody else. I don't count on them so they always come as a nice surprise. I do not obsess over my LPH or my FIESA scores. I just do my job, no more and no less. They leave me alone and I leave them alone!!

hit list - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
that's just not true!

Congrats! Buy yourself something nice. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

actually, it kind of is true. I have noticed it myself - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you get the bonus one quarter, you can be assured you will not get it the next quarter. They will do a million audits until they get you under that magic number.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

This is true. - Happened to me.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It's a 10% cap on lines to QC now. - it was changed. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I'll post here again if that happens to be true... - But....for the timebeing...

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you're wrong.

Congrats new but old! Good job. nm - anonnnn

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

excellent job! What a great surprise! - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Great to hear of someone getting the bonus!! I love your attitude and will try to do the same (I am Accentus, we will soon be switched over to Fiesa and I have been dreading it!)

Thank you Stay positive - new but old

[ In Reply To ..]
I have my bad days and yesterday actually was one of them. One of those days where it seems that between bad dictators, computer and internet problems and just plain having a bad day - I was definitely feeling it last night. I really struggled yesterday to get my LPH but I got it and so I was pleased about that but was definitely drained at the end of the day. I just would rather spend my time and focus on good rather than bad. If I was as unhappy as some of these people seem to be, I think I would have to quit. I don't have the time or the energy to be negative and find that I do better when I look on the good side which is that I DO have a job, a great team leader and for the most part just do my job.

Thats right - "focus on good rather than bad" - I would rather be optimistic and

[ In Reply To ..]
positive and happy then to be stressed out and worrying myself over stuff I cant do anything about or things have not even happened yet or probably never will. Im glad you got your bonus, Im sure you deserve it.

I felt the same way!!! - VERY nice surprise

[ In Reply To ..]
I had completely stopped TRYING for the bonus as I just simply thot I would never ever get one. I was SO please to see the extra money and, like you, it couldn't have come at a better time! Things aren't so bad here after all and my work pools are filled with work. Yup...happy camper here, been here a year last month.

Quarterly bonus - Poor MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Does this mean if bonus didn't show up in bank account today, we're not going to get one? (I'm supposed to!)

The ADP portal might be more reliable - than the bank. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure if all Nuance employees have access to the ADP portal, but I always check pay info there since my bank deposit sometimes lags a day or 2 from the e-mailed ADP pay notification. Good luck, I hope you got a bonus.
Yeah go to ADP portal - new but old
[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah go to the portal. I don't normally go there but when the extra money showed up on Saturday and I saw it was Nuance I went to the portal and it shows the separate deposit from my paycheck and that it was a quarterly bonus. It could depend on your bank too - it may take them longer to process. My payroll went in in Friday so I was really surprised when this showed up on Saturday and didn't come in on Friday with my paycheck
Question on Quarterly bonus - ANONYMOUS
[ In Reply To ..]
So am I understanding you correctly that your REGULAR paycheck went into your account on this past Friday (04/26)? Just curious, because my regular paycheck isn't until NEXT Friday (05/03). I was really expecting the bonus and mine isn't there. If that's the case, then maybe Nuance has two different pay days and I'm just thinking that the rest of the quarterly bonuses will show up on next Saturday, the day after the regular pay day for me.

Just curious.
I'm wondering the same thing - sufferinginsilence
[ In Reply To ..]
If Nuance has different pay days, this is news to me and I have been here since the beginning when they took over Webmedx. I'm supposed to get the bonus also and it is not in ADP, nor did I get a "surprise" this weekend. As Anon said, our next pay is this Friday 5/6... very interesting.
Bonus Pay on my email said 04/29 - if no direct deposit they mail it
[ In Reply To ..]
out on 04/29, otherwise, it was to be in my acct. on 04/29. Nuance just bought out the company I worked for and this is the first quarter we were eligible. I received several hundred dollars and was VERY happy to get it because of huge pay cut when they bought us out.

I also faithfully check my FIESA and have had several "editor errors" reversed, which ultimately made a big difference in my final score.

There are a few really nasty editors on my accts. and they will hunt high and low for any reason to hit you with the largest deduction they can to keep you from getting the bonus. A friend of mine did QA/QC work for Nuance, and told me that editors that had excessive challenges would then be scrutinized themselves (and it would eventually cause problems for the editor). In my case, the very ones that I consistently challenged with their editing errors, backed way off and stopped "over editing" of a full point deducted for a comma and other very subjective "editing" they employed. I quoted the acct spec, BOS page #s to support my challenge. Hope this helps someone else.
My LAST regular paycheck was on 4/19.... - My NEXT regular paycheck
[ In Reply To ..]
is on 5/03. I got an e-mail from the ADP portal, informing me of money that will be deposited to my direct deposit account on 4/29 (Monday). When I went to ADP portal, sure enough, for the date of 4/29, there was a check issued to be deposited for the amount of a bonus. Check the ADP portal. If it's not there and you are certain you should get one, contact HR/Payroll and/or your team lead.

Similar Messages:

30 Minutes Into My 8 Hour Shift And Surprise Surprise
Mar 22, 2015

NJA!  Yeah your TAT is looking great but your employee morale is even worse than it was. ...

Medquist Buy-out-what!!!!!! Surprise, Surprise!
Aug 24, 2011

So, has anybody been involved in a Medquist buyout, how did that work for you?  My company just announced we are now a part of MQ, but don't worry, everything will stay basically the same.  Somehow, I doubt it!  Did your job description change?  Any info on your experience would be appreciated.  If you want to stay confidential e-mail me if you want.  Thanks! ...

Oh, Surprise, Surprise Synernet!
Aug 20, 2014

Errors are up on all accounts (EVEN with people who NEVER make a lot of errors) and they just do not know why. They now have the lowest quality of their company's life. AND they don't know why this is happening. These people do not have a clue. They are so out of touch with their people; they are just astounded by it. Why then did it NOT surprise me at all? Of course their solution to it is:  Just stop doing that. ...

Surprise, Surprise..SoftScript At It Again!
Feb 23, 2015

SoftScript is looking for mentors/teachers trainers and Q coordinators again.  Don't fall for these positions, as this is how they lure you in to be an MT.  Please read recent posts regarding SoftScript (Soft Bait and Switch Script) on how their job listings are misleading. ...

SA5 NJA (no Surprise).............but
Jan 18, 2010

seems strange as we were actually backed up this weekend, no way we could have wiped all that out without some "help" if ya know what I mean.  Unfortunately, you prob do. For all those whose accounts go overseas....how did it happen?  Did you just try to sign in and got NJA and then never got work again from that account?  Or is it a slower process?  I was wondering when my turn was.......at least thanks to this board I'm prepared........ And thankfully I'm in CA. ...

SGS Surprise!
Jan 15, 2014

After over 2-1/2 years with SGS and being named employee of the month in September, SGS terminated me today.  When I asked why, I was told only "we are making some tough decisions".  What a disloyal unprofessional bunch.    ...

Surprise! Out Ofwork With SoftScript Again!
Oct 14, 2009

This really sucks...End of pay period and out of work with SoftScript!  I have no choice but to look for something else while keeping them as something part-time or whenever, that is if I am even able to get 20 hours with them in a week! So frustrated because this isn't going to pay my bills! : *( ...

Just Scored A Surprise 84% On Final...:(
Apr 08, 2010

I just received a score on my Allied Med School Final exam of 84%, which really surprises me as I have been scoring upwards of 95 on the assignments and felt really good about these 5 transcriptions. From your experiences, what are my chances of ever being able to find a job with an 84 on my certificate? Trying to decide whether to try the second attempt or not - worried that my grade on it would be even lower... ...

Wow, So I Filed For Unemployment......what A Surprise....
Aug 23, 2013

Turns out my weekly benefit is MORE than I was making at MM before I got laid off, at least recently. I'm guessing it's because I made more before and slowly but surely my pay kept going down down down. Apparently the UI benefit is based on an average of what you made all year or something. All I know is that by getting laid off, I am actually going to make much more than I did as of late. Isn't that a hoot. Good riddance M-Modal! ...

My DD Is In The Bank This Morning
Jan 11, 2010

nm ...

So The KS Paychecks Are In The Bank Now.
Sep 02, 2011

Can we move on now? Pretty please? ...

E-mail From Key Bank
Feb 14, 2013

I just looked at my e-mail and saw this thing about key banks and online security.  Has anyone else gotten this?  I thought it was one of the scam things that they talk about, so i sent it on to my TCM, CCM or whatever. ...

PTO Bank And The New Year
Aug 28, 2014

For those who like me try to keep a PTO bank/cushion, dont forget that you can only hold so much over from year to year.  As a part timer, I can only carry over 20 hours and I lost some last year.  I am trying to manage it a bit better with time off now as it is harder to get time off approved in December. ...

Keystrokes - My Pay Is In The Bank - No Message
Mar 02, 2011

nm ...

Did Anyone Get The Bonus Today In The Bank?
Jul 31, 2013

My account is frighteningly low. Of course no bonus. Want to see who all got it so I can be jealous. ...

MODERATOR: Suggestion For Resume Bank
May 14, 2011

I'm not sure where to post this... The resume bank is a great resource, but I wish it was a little more flexible.  For example, the section where you describe what kind of work you're looking for is restricted to choices on the drop-down menu.  Some of us wear different hats and are looking for IC work if we can get it and/or an employee position if it's a good one.  So multiple choices or even free text might be more suitable. Just a thought.  Thanks! ...

New Grad Lists 40 Cpl On Resume Bank?
Feb 16, 2012

I just saw a listing in the resume bank for a new grad wanting 40 cpl. Wow. I want that too, and I have 15 years of experience and my own accounts... ...

Resume Bank Job Offers From Posting?
Jul 25, 2012

Has anyone had any job offers from posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Resume Bank/Jobs Wanted Board
Jul 12, 2014

Just curious if posting on the Jobs Wanted or in the Resume Bank has been useful to anyone, or are companies just looking through resumes they receive to fill positions.  Thanks! ...

Anybody Ever Got A Response From Posting On The Resume Bank Board?
Dec 19, 2014

d ...

Put On New Acct
Dec 14, 2011

Has anyone else had to change supervisors and accounts because of low work.  I just wanted to know if I was the only one. ...

New Acct
Nov 04, 2012

Is anyone supposed to start on the new acct that goes live tomorrow?  First name of acct begins with an S.   Thanks! ...

Being Put On A New Acct.
Dec 14, 2012

Anyone out there in Nuance world just absolutely refuse to work on a new acct? ...

NJA SA2 Trying To Get Back-up Acct...am I The Only One?nm
Nov 17, 2009

nm ...

New Acct - Training? Why?
Aug 24, 2010

I am starting a new acct tomorrow.  I sure hope I dont have to go through training.  We never have been trained on the cesspool that we get, we just get new accts when our regular work is caught up, so why do we need training on a new account?  That is ridiculous.  MQ, please just let me work and make a living.  Stop with all this changing CCMs and assigning new accts.  This coming pay check I probably will have 2 days on it if that much.  Geez.. ...

WMX MTs With New Acct. Mgrs.
Mar 16, 2011

them yet? Have they checked in to say hello? ...

What Would You Do? Verbatim Acct. Doc Says, Sm
May 23, 2012

lisinopril/HCTZ 20/125.  I'm sure she meant 12.5 but she clearly says 125.  I don't want to leave a blank as I get penalized.  I'm thinking to just do as I know and put 12.5.... ...

Anyone Else On An Acct That Allows No Blanks...
Mar 22, 2013

I'm on accts that do not allow any blanks at all through to the cliient.  ALL blanks must go to QA.  I haven't ever worked on an acct that would not even allow one blank to the client.  Anyhow, might not would be so bad but the dictators are TERRIBLE!  Many ESLs also.  Combine no blanks allowed with terrible dictators = sending more to QA.  That means docked pay if 5% or more.  Oh, and don't let me forget, no samples yet.  So you have to ho ...

Help! Verbatim Acct And In PMH The Doc Says, Sm
Mar 26, 2013

significant for hypOtension and a few diagnoses down from that hypeRtension.  I would leave it a blank if it did not cost me money but not sure she meant the hypOtension.  She repeats herself alot but she clearly says hypOtension.  It's a guessing game! ...

Work On My Acct In The Red.
Jul 27, 2013

My last week of notice, and work is so far behind it is incredible. Wondering if everyone else on my team quit. I feel bad for the patient, not for this company. SMH. ...