A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

A 2-hour shift tonight, then I am GONE... - wasHappyMt

Posted: Dec 16, 2011

Ahh, there is light at the end of the tunnel! Just hope I am not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.  :/

Where you off to, MT? Another company or out altogether? - just curious - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Off to Transcend...fingers crossed. nm - wasHappyMt

[ In Reply To ..]

Good choice â€Â¦ I'm sure you'll be much happier there - from what I have read - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Two more weeks for me. Turned in my notice. - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
Know the feeling of hoping that I'm not jumping out of the frying pan into the fire. I did enjoy working when it was eTransPlus. Since the buyout by MQ, work flow has plummeted. Can't pay the bills that way. Had to do something.

I'm happy for both of you - good luck - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
No matter where you both end up, it will be better than this. I'm so sorry you both lost jobs that you loved - even more sorry that it was to a company who would've never appreciated you.

Good luck to both of you - I hope you will stop by to give updates on how you're doing and to give the rest of us some hope about there being life after Medquist.

good luck! - peachey

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you will like Transcend. I was at Etrans when the Q bought them out. I'm now at Transcend and I'm glad to not be working for the Q. I miss the ease of Etrans, but Transcend has been great. I have a lot of work too! They will give you other accounts too, but I only have to work on 2 to make my lines and most of the time the 1 is enough :) I hope you like it there!

Thanks, did you have a hard time...sm - wasHappyMt

[ In Reply To ..]
learning the platform? I am nervous to do the SR, since we know eTrans was all straight transcription. What expander program are you using? I downloaded the 30-day trial of Shorthand 9 (not 10, I wanted to keep it the same as eTrans) then I had the eTrans tech guy send me the file I had created in Shorthand for eTrans to transfer over so I did not have to re-enter all my expansions. Will this even matter when doing speech rec in BeyondTXT? Please give me a heads up on training if you can. I start 12/27. I am excited and nervous. Thanks so much for the reply. Anytime I see another old eTrans person, I feel like we are old long lost (and severely wronged) friends!

life after medquist - does exist

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

I left MQ years ago and never looked back. - PAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
:

Similar Messages:

What Is The Average Line Rate Per Hour Or Per 8 Hour Shift?
Apr 21, 2011

Hi:I am make incentive based on minutes, but I work on a system that lets me check how many lines and minutes I have typed in a day also. Just in case I have to get another job based on lines, I wanted to know what is the average amount of lines per hour or per 8 hour shift. Thanks for the advice in advance. MeL ...

Is A Three Day, 12-hour Shift Difficult To Do?
Apr 11, 2014

Unit Secretary Job Description:  Prior experience in a medical unit or medical office support position preferred. Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. required, graduate of a Medical Assistant or Secretarial Training Program preferred.  Written and spoken use of medical terminology required, successful completion of a medical terminology course preferred. Basic computer expertise in Microsoft Office.  Full time.  Shift will be 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., three days a week.  Days ...

Nuance 14-hour Day Shift (6A-8P) !!!
May 17, 2015

Forget shift differentials with this joint, too.   Can you imagine being the parent of one of these goons? I'd be so ashamed. ...

One Hour Into My Shift, Did A Whopping 2 Jobs!!!
Feb 26, 2013

On a brighter note, did 2 loads of laundry and mopped the floor!! ...

One Hour Into My Shift, Have Had 3 Jobs. Guess I'm Done For The Day
Feb 28, 2013

Waiting..waiting..waiting.  No work coming up. Guess I'm done.  Today, had a whopping 3 jobs. ...

It Is Only 1 Hour Into My Shift, And My Hands Are Shot Already
Jan 05, 2014

So many corrections and so much missing punctuation that I an excruciatingly sore already! I was barely able to move my hands last night because they hurt from so many corrections. Grrrrr ...

How Many Lines Required An 8-hour Shift For Editing?
Feb 21, 2010

Does any one have any requirements for editing for an 8-hr shift?  I know for straight typing is usually required to type 1200-1500.  Thanks in advance. ...

Average Line Counts On An 8-hour Shift Doing Speech Recognition?
Sep 23, 2011

What are the average line counts on an 8-hour shift doing speech recognition?  I use Dictaphone/Extext.  I'm producing on average about 240/hr sometimes less. Any info appreciated. ...

What Does 1200 Lines Per 8 Hour Shift Equal In Words Per Minute?
Jan 03, 2012

What does 1200 lines per 8 hour shift equal to in words per minute? ...

30 Minutes Into My 8 Hour Shift And Surprise Surprise
Mar 22, 2015

NJA!  Yeah your TAT is looking great but your employee morale is even worse than it was. ...

MModal Still Has Shift Differential For Night Shift?
Jul 01, 2013

can anyone tell me if MModal still has shift differential for night shift? I know they used to ...

Just Wondering What You Make Per Hour, Based On A 40-hour Week...sm
Jul 26, 2013

I know none of us get paid by the hour, but I was just wondering if any of you have ever figured out just how much you earn per hour, based on a 40-hour week. I'm just trying to figure out where I fit in. I seem to be earning $16-18/hour give or take based on how my week goes.  ...

How To Transition From Day Shift To Night Shift
Dec 08, 2013

I've been offered an in-house MT position that I am not passing up. It is night shift 10 pm to 6 am. I've never worked a night shift ever. How should I transition into working nights? Anyone have any tips for working this shift? ...

Average Per Hour With 0.75 Or 0.375 Versus $12.00 Per Hour
Mar 31, 2014

My transcription job was always paid by the hour. I was laid off and they recently offered me a temp position with them making $12.00 an hour.  I was also offered a positon that pays 7.5 and 3.5 cpl.  The $12.00 is employee status for a small local company I worked for over 9 years.  The other is an IC position.  Do you think I would make more with the $12.00 an hour or the per line production rate?  I have never done production by line work so I'm not sur ...

Doing 168 Lph Tonight
Nov 21, 2009

I am doing 168 lph tonight. It is a good night ...

I'm Just Not Getting It Tonight! :) Thanks For Any Help!
Dec 25, 2009

exam for evaluation of scoliosis Adams Forward Bend Test:  On upper thoracic, lower thoracic, and lumbar are less than 5 degrees of tilt at all levels.  She has normal s/l "sagginal" balance.  No s/l "ka feolay" spots.  She has no neurofibroma.   thanks. ...

Tonight The MM ASR Is Particularly Bad!
Dec 26, 2013

And they wonder why my count is not up to par??!! I told my QAM that my production depends almost entirely on the quality of the ASR (of which there is none!). I am also so sick of the fact ASR will not output "the patient" and will only output patient. And, I know if I don't add in every single little "the" or "a", I will be dinged and shredded. It still can't get "HEENT:" correct anymore. Along with the fact they haven't fixed the ADT question mark problem they caused over ...

OT Tonight
Jan 22, 2015

Ask me to work OT and then the system is not working.  REALLY? ...

Must Be Getting Audited Tonight.
Apr 16, 2010

Multiple picky dings for punctation which I disagree with.   Stuff marked as critical which is not.  I want to say something not so nice, but I'll hold my tongue.  Oh well, let me go so I can get unemployment. ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Tonight, Or Is It Just Me?
Nov 04, 2010

xx ...

And One Last Request Tonight
Dec 16, 2010

s/l.....Position in the "byruck" region is intact.  Byruck?  I've spent an hour looking up this word.  Again, much thanks. ...

No Work On TT Tonight
Feb 01, 2011

Hi Everyone:)  Is anyone else having trouble getting work tonight?  I am on 3 accounts, and all I have gotten since this afternoon is 3 jobs.  My main account has no work and my 2 secondary accounts have no work, and they told me that they give first pick of the jobs to the girls who work primarily on my 2 secondary accounts.  I have the other secondary accounts in case I run out of work, so what good is it to have those?  Sorry, just need to let it all out.  Thanks ...

Doc Apologized Tonight
Dec 23, 2011

for spelling words for me.  "Oh, I forgot I don't have to spell for you.  That's only for the company in India that does work for the other hospital I go to."   He has no accent, spoke a little quickly but certainly not bad and was basically a good dictator.  WAKE UP to those in charge of outsourcing!     ...

Out Of Work Tonight
Mar 16, 2012

here we go again.  incentive this weekend.  no work on regular shift, yet when going in and looking at job stats, there are plenty of jobs in my area I could be doing, with no one assigned, but they're not coming over for me to do.  think they're only assigning so many a day to each MT or cherry picking...ridiculous. ...

ASR Bull Tonight
Dec 15, 2013

ASR has gone slap crazy tonight.   Just had a female dictator who has been on ASR for a while, usually very good reports.  11 minutes of one big ole solid paragraph, took 45 minutes to strighten the mess out.  How in the world can we make money if we only do 1-2 reports every hour.  This is just insane, every ASR so far into this shift has been problematic.   ...

TTS Interview Tonight
Apr 02, 2014

It looks to me like a 50:50 blend of pros and cons regarding TTS on MT Stars Company board.  I'm a glass-half-full type gal, so looking forward to interviewing tonight.  Before I do, I'd love to know opinions on eScription vs. Dictaphone platforms.  I've used eScription in the past and hated it, due to being constantly badgered about using the mouse.  I refuse to give up my mouse.  Some people are faster with the mouse, others with keystrokes.  Wonder ...

Anyone Else Get An E Mail Tonight
Jul 08, 2014

Out of the clear blue, got an e mail saying welcome to your new team. The reason you are here is sad but it will be great in the end?  Huh, WTH?  Any one else get this e mail or am I the "sad reason"?  ...

I Can Hardly Believe How Low My Count Is Tonight.
May 15, 2015

All due to a night of crummy audio and resultant massive editing necessary. Lots and lots of blanks tonight. I'm sure I will hear about the bad count and/or number of blanks later. But, ask me if I really care. ...

Is Tonight System Maintenance? Can't Get In.
Oct 24, 2010

I seem to have lost the list of system maintenance dates. ...

Dear MQ/Cbay ILP Who I QA'd Tonight
Apr 23, 2011

If you can't hear parts of the dictation, leave a QA marker.  It looks really bad when the client is on 100% for ILPs and all you did was copy and paste an old progress note with a few changes to the impression and plan.  Seriously?!  Did you listen to any of the dictation?  Cuz it didn't come close to matching up. Sure, the dictator was difficult and hard to hear, but I could hear enough to know that what the ILP typed didn't even come close to what was said, ...