A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

VR skipping out... - anon

Posted: Jul 09, 2014

If VR is such a good thing, then why is it missing chunks of text here and there throughout several reports I've had to edit recently. Dictation pretty clear otherwise. This is really suspicious activity going on here and it's increasing...

VR skipping out.. - What do you mean

[ In Reply To ..]
by "suspicious activity"? I love a conspiracy, and if there's one going on here, please clue me in on the juicy details. I've also had a lot of weird VR, and think, if there was not an MT editing this, what a mess of a report the hospitals would be getting.

could it be the physician - changing his/her mind?

[ In Reply To ..]
Happens where I work all the time. They change their mind and delete some of the text, but the audio stays.

Skipping - Frisbee

[ In Reply To ..]
I think OP means you would then have to straight type the missing text, but at the SR rate, which is a drag.

There used to be a button on top - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a button you can activate or deactivate in EditScript (or whatever it's called now, Escription, etc.). Depending on what version you are using, there was a button that allowed the sound to speed up during periods of silence by the dictator. Supposedly this caused words to be completely muted. I don't know what platform you are using or who you work for, but see if anyone in management knows about any such button.

Similar Messages:

Skipping Jobs
Apr 24, 2011

For the person(s) skipping jobs today.  I am on to you and I will let my CCM know with job numbers and times dictated.  I am sick of this.  If you cannot do the work, flip burgers at Wendy's.  I have seen some of the jobs you abandon with half of it typed, wrong format, blanks that a 3-year-old could understand, words missed.  I am not perfect, but I do call myself an MT and for good reason.  If I cannot understand something I will do my best with tools I ...

Skipping The Year 2011
Dec 07, 2010

Apparently this doctor thinks that the new year coming up is 2012.  He has dictated in two separate reports that these patients have procedures scheduled for January 2012 and they are in for their preoperative evaluation now.  Either that or these patients are getting their preoperative evaluation more than a year in advance.  I wish doctors/dictators could be reprimaned for their mistakes.  ...

Foot Pedal Dictation Has Been "skipping" And Repeating A Few Words
Apr 09, 2013

Hi...I am not sure if this is a foot pedal problem or a computer problem. In the last few days, the dictation has been "skipping" and repeating a few words over and over before returning to normal. I have restarted my computer, but the problem continues. Has anyone ever had this problem? Thanks! ...