A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

local social club to transcribe documents - Fatigued Fingers

Posted: Mar 31, 2013

I have been hired by a local social club to transcribe documents for their archives. The original is 52 pages long, but with refomatting and all, i expect the document to be over 100 pages long. Can anybody give me an idea of what to charge?

I use Microsoft Word and - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I charge 14 cents per line according to the lines with paragraphs part of the word count section.

Charge per hour (sm) - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no way I would not charge per hour for a job typing from hard copy. If you quote a line rate you won't be paid for things like editing/reformatting your final copy to suit their likes,phone calls to clarify what was written, etc.

PS: .14 cents per line is what I charged 10 years ago for transcription which goes much faster than typing from hard copy.

Don't forget that they don't pay what they did - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
10 years ago as things cost more for less especially including transcription. There have been many pay cuts.

Similar Messages:

Club Siella?
Dec 14, 2011

Dr is dictating "HISTORY:  The patient returns after recieving a week-long course for multi-drug resistant urine, S/L 'club siella' and infected right heel decubitus."  I'm not even sure if its a medical term or if i can't understand his cajun accent.  Plz help :( ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Extra Spaces Get Embedded In Your Documents?
Jun 01, 2013

Has anyone ever had a problem using a document over and over, that extra spaces get embedded in your documents? ...

Are You A Member Of The Bobblehead Club? Sm
Jun 24, 2012

LOL. Have to laugh.  Just ran across my WMX bobbleheads while cleaning our spare room.  Anyone remember when we were sent those?  Think I just found my new nickname here. ...

Nuance Job Hunters Club
May 09, 2014

I posted the survey below a few days ago, and the numbers say that Nuance job seekers are a significant number of us on this board.  I am struggling to keep up the excitement and motivation necessary to be successful.  Working for Nuance is exhausting and disspiriting, and keeping negative thoughts and emotions in check takes tremendous effort.  I know that I need lots of encouragement, and others do also.  But, there is no question that positive thoughts and feelings ...

HIPAA Requirement For Shredding And Transportation Of Documents
Apr 22, 2010

Can anyone tell me the specific HIPAA requirement for shredding and transportation of documents.  Can the shredding be outsourced or does it have to be in house and if it is transported to be shredded how does it need to be secured?   ...

Fee To Charge For Emailing Or Faxing Transcribed Documents
Mar 08, 2012

I have a new client that would like for me to transcribe their reports which I do all the time, so no problem.  They would like to send the reviewed/edited letter back to me to either attach and email or fax.  Any suggestions on a per letter price?  I would not have long distance charges for faxing.  Thank you! ...

I Have Spent The Entire Night Formatting Documents.
Apr 26, 2013

It really hurts the line count bad. So far, I have had a lot of documents that require quite a bit of formatting - H&Ps, consults and ER reports from several facilities with each having different requirements and everyone wanting the ROS and PE different. Also, lack of punctation is hurting a lot too. I can't wait until I get out of here. Just 8 more months and counting! ...

Nuance Million Dollar Club
Jul 15, 2013

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-announces-million-dollar-club-winners-hospitals-saving-1-million-or-more-last-year-2013-06-27 ...

Social Security Taxes
Jan 11, 2011

This is my first year to work solely as an IC.  I have been sending quarterly taxes in to the IRS using the form 1040 payment vouchers they supplied.  It has just occurred to me that I don't know if any of the money I am sending in is going to Social Security tax.  I am not sure how it is allocated.  I send in 25-30% of my earnings.  Can anyone with more knowledge about this help me understand?  Thanks so much!  ...

Anyone Who Has Applied For Social Security Or UE. Sm
Dec 27, 2012

Did you list Nuance as your employer or AlphaStaff or ADP? Confusing for me. Waiting for HR to reply, but I need to know soon.  It's like pulling teeth to get information from this company.  ...

Early Social Security
Jun 29, 2013

How do you go about getting early SS??  How early can you get it.  I am in my 50's so is that too early?  I remember my mom did that but she was older and she still worked 3 days a week and as long as she kept under a certain amount she was allowed to do both. ...

How To Word S/l Pscychlo Social Turnbacks?
Oct 13, 2009

although he has had a fair amount of pscychlo social turnbacks (father died, best friend died) over the last several months, is doing fairly well. ...

Social Contact And Working At Home
Jan 21, 2010

I'm strongly considering working at home. Do any of you who work at home have tips on balancing out the long hours working alone with having social contact, especially those of you who live alone or live with one other person?  I'm already an introvert to an extent but I'm nervous of the fact that if I work at home, I may become a hermit.  ...

Social Or Special Screening Of Colon
Dec 18, 2013

I can't understand if the doctor is saying: Social Screening of Colon or Special Screening of Colon ...

I'm Out Of The MT Market... I Filed For Social Security Today
Nov 02, 2009

I have grown tired of looking for a job, and it just so happens I turn 62 next month, so I'm out of the MT market.  Goodbye to you MTSOs who play games with hard working people trying to put food on the table.  It's gonna catch up with you and as they say, "Jimmy Crack Corn and....."  I pray you MTs who are younger will find jobs or get out of this dying field.  It has really changed in the last 15 years, but radically changed in the last 2.  Goodbye.&nbs ...

Social Security Death/Retirement Benefits
Jul 10, 2010

My aunt is 63, still working, uncle 66, still working PT but receiving full SS benefits.  He has recently been diagnosed with cancer.  If he dies, and my aunt keeps working (she is working for the medical insurance), will she receive his death benefit, and will it be the same amout.  She is worried about this, well in advance (we hope) and I just wanted to ease her mind a little.  Thank you. ...

Social Security And Progressive Part Time
May 23, 2013

Thinking of taking early SS and cutting hours so I would not make much more than the 15,000 you are allowed on SS.  That way I would still be eligible for insurance until I am old enough for Medicare. Has anyone else done this or know any pros and cons about that progressive part time thing?  TIA ...

Does Anyone Know If A Person Can Collect Social Security And Unemployment?
Jan 07, 2014

I have an email out to a friend with this question also.  She was laid off and had already applied for social security early.  Haven't heard back yet. ...

Transcription For Psychologists/counselors/social Workers
Feb 16, 2015

Do psychologists, psychotherapists, counselors, social workers use the services of transcriptionists?  ...

Social Security. HaHa! Tried To Apply-absolutely Frustrated
Dec 03, 2009

First, they took almost $300 off me back in the '90s because I didn't pay for a year.Does wages of $37 and payment of $2 to SS count? The following year, it shows no income. Okay, maybe I didn't work that year but I still had 40 credits then. Now, I tried to apply and they want my W2 for 2008 according to the online applications. SS called me today. They show no wages for me in 2005. Send a W2, but they do have 2008 and  i don't have to send that. They show les ...

Professional/Social MT/Editor Groups In New York City
Dec 20, 2010

Hello, I am a medical transcriptionist and, lately, a medical editor who lives in New York City. I would like to meet fellow MTs/editors in my area for professional and social purposes. I am having a bit of trouble finding data on the Internet that points out MT groups (or even just individuals) in the NYC metro area. I was wondering if anyone had any information about such groups in NYC. Please let me know. Or, if you are an individual MT/editor who just wants to reach out and say "hell ...

HIPAA -unplanned Babies Being Born Into Bad Social Situations
Mar 31, 2012

Serious question... I transcribe for a hospital/account that is in a different state than where I live. I get so upset sometimes at the types of reports that I get. Usually I transcribe/edit them and move on and they all blend together and I forget at the end of the day who/what I typed. Which is a good thing. However, some reports about OB especially really bother me, basically unwanted or unplanned babies being born into bad social situations. My question is can I contact this hospital or m ...

Long-arm "club" Cast?
Nov 15, 2012

I've never heard this term before, but it sounds very clear. However, I can't verify it? I have, of course, heard of a long-arm cast but just never a "club" cast. Anyone know if this is correct? This is after surgery for web space deepening and doing some ligament transfer and ligament reconstructions on the hand, when he's doing the final dressing and puts on a cast at the end of the surgery. Thanks in advance. ...

Filing For Early Social Security/Working Part-time
Apr 07, 2012

Anyone here working part-time and receiving early Social Security benefits? I am considering doing this in the next year and wondering if anyone else is already doing so. Thoughts?  I've been working full-time since the age of 18 years and part-time before that, with only a 6-month period of time between jobs, but was collecting severance pay those 6 months. So, I really feel I deserve to get back some of the money I've put into Social Security over the last 4-1/2 d ...

Local Taxes
Feb 24, 2011

Did I miss something?  I noticed on my paystubs that Medquist/Ultipro is now taking off my local taxes.  Did we get an email about this?  I always had to estimate my local taxes before. ...

Local Anesthesia
Jan 24, 2012

Hi this is a mini op to remove mass on the left hand. He says Anesthesia: Dr. *** "s/l acinic" local with digital block. ...

Anesthesia - MAC With Local...?
Oct 05, 2012

Operative report for removal of a foreign body (wood) in the right ring finger. Anesthesia sentence is very unclear--dictator with an accent mumbling! "ANESTHESIA:  MAC with local [s/l vessel] with metacarpal block [s/l oxygen dioxygen]." Makes no sense. Block also slurrs into the following word which s/l oxygen. ...

Local Texans... Job.
Mar 27, 2013

Saw this ad on FlexJobs and am sharing with those that live in the area... Medical Transcription Clerk III  Agency: Dept of State Health Services  Part Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Location: 4615 ALAMEDA AVE City: EL PASO Contact: AccessHR Service Center Telephone: 888-894-4747 Salary Range: $940.88 - $1,364.25 Salary Group: A09 Shift: Days (First) Travel: 5% ...

Female's Social History, Dr Clearly Said Patient Lives At Home With Her Wife. I Left It SM
Jan 17, 2015

Did not know if gay marriage was legal in that state (PA)  but it was certainly what was said.,, so I didn't want to flag it either.  Fortunately, I no longer work for Nuance.  No telling what kind of dings I wold have gotten for that.   ...