A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I have spent the entire night formatting documents. - dnr

Posted: Apr 26, 2013

It really hurts the line count bad. So far, I have had a lot of documents that require quite a bit of formatting - H&Ps, consults and ER reports from several facilities with each having different requirements and everyone wanting the ROS and PE different. Also, lack of punctation is hurting a lot too. I can't wait until I get out of here. Just 8 more months and counting!

At least you have work. - OOW

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Well, at least for today. Typically NJA on Friday and Sunday. - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
At least 50% of my days are spent NJA. Thursday I usually have work. Friday I typically run out Saturday it is 50% whether or I run out. Sunday I run out IF I have any work at all.

weekends - worker

[ In Reply To ..]
Weekends used to always have work until they told people to switch their schedules around..now it runs out.

MM SR is the worst.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I swear it's getting worse instead of better with all the mistakes I've seen. Things that used to be formatted no longer are, phrases typed that weren't dictated, and on and on. Do you make macros for all the headers? That saves a lot of time, in my opinion, instead of trying to make the text that's already there into headers. I do more deleting and re-typing, unfortunately, than trying to take the garbage that SR typed and make it right. That just takes too much time.

How did you make your heading macro? - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a working macro using ShortCut, but the way they have the heading now, it has a tendency to swallow up more words. They really wrecked the way headings work with their "upgrade"

If you type in Fluency... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that's the platform I work in, you make the heading as usual, red tagged and all, then block and copy the whole thing and do ctrl+E, click add (or use alt D or whatever it is) and you have your macro. Just make sure you have copied the entire header completely, right down to where your first line of text under the header would start. That will ensure you've copied the whole thing and will then put your cursor where it needs to go when you use your macro.

Similar Messages:

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

Extra Spaces Get Embedded In Your Documents?
Jun 01, 2013

Has anyone ever had a problem using a document over and over, that extra spaces get embedded in your documents? ...

HIPAA Requirement For Shredding And Transportation Of Documents
Apr 22, 2010

Can anyone tell me the specific HIPAA requirement for shredding and transportation of documents.  Can the shredding be outsourced or does it have to be in house and if it is transported to be shredded how does it need to be secured?   ...

Fee To Charge For Emailing Or Faxing Transcribed Documents
Mar 08, 2012

I have a new client that would like for me to transcribe their reports which I do all the time, so no problem.  They would like to send the reviewed/edited letter back to me to either attach and email or fax.  Any suggestions on a per letter price?  I would not have long distance charges for faxing.  Thank you! ...

Local Social Club To Transcribe Documents
Mar 31, 2013

I have been hired by a local social club to transcribe documents for their archives. The original is 52 pages long, but with refomatting and all, i expect the document to be over 100 pages long. Can anybody give me an idea of what to charge? ...

Lots Of Time Spent On ADT
Apr 29, 2014

I spend enormous amounts of time doing clervical work for free at the beginning of a report..looking up doctor names that are not on the lists we have been given, figuring out which is the date of admit, consult, etc.  If everything was programmed in and we just had to download a report and transcribe, we would be making a lot more and if the speech recognition would stop putting words down that the doctors are not saying so that we do not have to clean it all up we would have more time to ...

Spent Half The Morning
Jul 23, 2014

explaining why I billed what I did on an invoice.  This MD pays by the hour.  He set the hourly wage and now I have to justify why it took as long as it did.  This is a new physican whom I have worked for for only 2-3 weeks in a specialty that is new to me in a state I don't live in. Anyone else ever have to do this? ...

Another Saturday Spent Working
Feb 21, 2015

x ...

I Just Spent 15 Minutes For FREE....
May 14, 2015

typing 8 referring physicians and full addresses in cc because NONE of them were listed in their directory.  FREE!  You are welcome MModal! Last week, I had typed 1100 seconds before the doctor said, "delete all that!"  FREE!  Again, you are welcome MModal! When will they be done lying to get "new blood" so I can get fired already? ...

Just Spent An Hour Looking At Local Classified Ads.
Jul 31, 2010

I am such a good transcriptionist, but so very unqualified for anything else.  Even cashiers need "previous experience."  There was a housekeeping job at a local hospital and a "valet parking attendant."  Surely I can clean and park? ...

Why Are We Not Paid For Time Spent Waiting For A Job?
Mar 29, 2013

I saw this on the Nuance board. What am I missing here? It really looks like, according to the Dept of Labor, that we should be paid at least minimum wage for our time waiting for a job to pop up, and not just a lousy 15 mins per day. See the section under "waiting time." http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs22.htm ...

Spent More Time Manually Entering CCs
Jan 30, 2015

How is that even remotey fair? ...

Out Of Curiosity, Just Spent The Last 45 Min Listening To The DocQ 7 Tutes....sm
Dec 14, 2011

Holy Crow....I knew there were changes made, but didn't think that everything changed.  Nothing on the screen looks the same, starting with the log-in screen which is the only thing that looks simple to use.  There are stupid panels everywhere, top, bottom, left side, right side, and the poor text screen is kinda squished in the middle.  It looks waaaay more complicated than how it is now.  I just want to cry.  I really had no idea that it is basically going to invo ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

Job That Took An Hour To Correct Will Not Load. Now I Have Spent At Least 10 Min Trying To Loaf It.
Jun 18, 2015

Nm ...

Need Help With Formatting
Dec 30, 2009

I did something and now I only have a half space between sentences - how can I get this back to normal??? ...

Help Please! (Formatting)
Apr 24, 2012

I am having trouble trying to figure out when, and when no to make a list, or heading.   First, I know the headings, in the beginning, are ALL CAPS, like FAMILY HISTORY, MOTOR, REFLEXES, but then, the Neurologist begins listing (on the independent medical evaluation, under "Record Summary/Provider") tons and tons of dates like: 9/17/2010 PT.  Dr. So and So.  Same template.   Chiropractic Assessment:  Palpation L2, L3, L5, L5 and S1, taut and tender MS fibers and fixat ...

Formatting For VR-
Jul 18, 2014

to format reports on VR, generally basic 4, every report?  I get so sick and tired of not only fixing the stupid words but since there is no training by physicians, every report has to be formatted to meet specs.  Just curious.  ...

Disk Formatting
Oct 17, 2011

I got a new computer.  I do work for a local doc the old fashioned way (tapes) and would like to save his work on disks (used 3.5 on old computer).  I tried to format the disk and things were going well until the last few seconds when a window popped up saying format could not be completed, but no reason why.  I have tried several times since and the same thing happens.  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?  I am using CD-RW disks.  Thanks. ...

Help With Formatting Paragraph In VR
Dec 22, 2011

Okay I work in Dictaphone VR.  The latest version.  I have Word 2007.  In VR, the physical exam and its subheadings are all double spaced.  Anyway to highlight the paragraph and make it single spaced?  I usually just use arrows and delete about 7 times a row to tidy it up, but I was hoping I could highlight and do a few keystrokes and be done.   Thank you in advance for your help! It is double spaced like this:   PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: VITAL SIGNS: Blood pr ...

Formatting # Range In P.o.
Mar 23, 2012

When the doctor dictates a range for p.o., for instance "1/2 to 1 p.o.," do we write it as 0.5 to 1 or 1/2 to 1? Thank you for the help. ...

Formatting Woes
Aug 20, 2012

I work for TDD, and always get confused about their formatting.  Can someone tell me if we are to transcribe their consults in paragraph form or not?  TY ...

NJA My Entire Shift
Dec 19, 2010

Getting bonus incentive would be nice, but at this point just having any work at all would be a welcome change.  Haven't had any jobs my entire shift plus ran out on my last shift.  Geez.....I hate incentive weekends.  Is anyone else having the same problem? ...

Formatting Abruptly Changed
Feb 03, 2010

There probably have been answers to my question out here before, but does anyone know what causes the formatting in an EditScript document of which I am either editing or transcribing?  It tabs, bolds, changes font sizes, and messes up the spacing between lines.....things I did not manually do myself.  Is there something I should be changing on my RTF? Or is it something else?  Seems like I may have seen something about that, but I can't find it in my manual (which doesn ...

Diagnosis Formatting Issue
May 24, 2010

I am now totally confused.  I've always been told the rule of thumb is that if there IS no #2, then there is no #1 to create a list.  It should simply be Diagnosis: yada I have a dictator that for some unknown reason kept dictating  Diagnosis: 1. UTI:     A) Resolved after antibiotics.  No number #2 so i just did not even number this, but I got it back QA'd , am I losing it or have been doing this wrong all along? Thanks much for the input. ...

Formatting Question In Word2003 With XP
Jun 13, 2010

I just recently switched to Word2003 and am having issues with formatting.  I tried everything I can think of but color me DUHHHH because it is not working. I have to number impressions.  I would like to somehow set ALL documents for this to line up the same way and I must be missing something because I have to do this each document. I went to numbers/bulletting and even made it custome, but again, each document has to have it redone.  When you are doing 50, it is time consuming ...

Formatting For Consultation Report
Oct 20, 2010

On a consultation report, under the heading "past medical history" is there a specific order of sub headings according to the AHDI standards? ...

Help With Formatting MS Word 2007
Oct 14, 2011

Hello, When typing p.r.n. with my newly installed MS Word program, it automatically types p.  R.  n.  Does anyone know the change I need to make in the program to correct this?   Thanks in advance. ...

BOS3 Formatting Question
Jan 07, 2012

I'm an experienced MT, not a newbie straight out of school.  If this belongs on the "word" board, then I apologize in advance (I wasn't sure where to post it). I am testing for a company that uses BOS3 (which I despise) and that is counted in the grading.  In the physical exam section, the dictator gave a few headings (which of course I inserted) but not all.  According to BOS3, inserting undictated headings is optional.  Some sections begin as sentences (e.g., "He ...

Formatting Question For DQS7.1
Sep 17, 2012

Just starting DQS7.1 today and wondering about spacing between paragraphs.  In ASR, when the dictator says next paragraph, it goes to the next line.  Is this correct, or do I need to insert a hard return to make a like between the paragraphs?  Anybody know?  Don't want to mess up the formatting.  ...