A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

fee to charge for emailing or faxing transcribed documents - jufrenchy

Posted: Mar 08, 2012

I have a new client that would like for me to transcribe their reports which I do all the time, so no problem.  They would like to send the reviewed/edited letter back to me to either attach and email or fax.  Any suggestions on a per letter price?  I would not have long distance charges for faxing.  Thank you!

No less than $1 per page (NM) - That takes up your time

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Emailing
Sep 09, 2010

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to email people privately on here & if so how do we do it?  I am new to this site and still figuring things out!  Thanks in advance!   ...

Charging For Faxing
Apr 09, 2013

I recently acquired a very small account and the doctor requires me to pick up tapes twice a week, print, deliver the transcripts to his ofice and fax each of the transcribed letters to multiple offices using my home fax machine.  Average letters to be faxed each week is about 30.  I asked for a faxing fee and he said 'No" because the previous MT was not charging for faxing.  What should I do?  I did the math and it seemed I will just be breakeven and not make money cons ...

Here's The Response I Got After Emailing Someone At TAA
Mar 11, 2014

"MedQuist/M-Model was certified in March 2012. We did receive a list of workers whose positions were affected due to trade. Unfortunately, your name was not on the MedQuist/M-Model worker list as being trade affected. Unless we receive notification from MedQuist/M-Modal that you were let go due to your position being affected by tradeâ€Â¦.you are not eligible to apply for training benefits. If you feel your name should be on the listâ€Â¦please contact the HR department of MedQuist/M-Mode ...

What Are Different Ways To Calculate For Faxing Reports?
Oct 12, 2011

My employer has agreed to pay to have me fax reports to several different facilities.  I have to print out every report I fax (if someone knows a different way, I'm listening)...  so, we're talking time, paper, toner, wear and tear on equipment.....   How are people out there calculating to do that?  My employer hasn't a clue and I'm treading unfamiliar waters?  Any help?? ...

Extra Spaces Get Embedded In Your Documents?
Jun 01, 2013

Has anyone ever had a problem using a document over and over, that extra spaces get embedded in your documents? ...

HIPAA Requirement For Shredding And Transportation Of Documents
Apr 22, 2010

Can anyone tell me the specific HIPAA requirement for shredding and transportation of documents.  Can the shredding be outsourced or does it have to be in house and if it is transported to be shredded how does it need to be secured?   ...

Local Social Club To Transcribe Documents
Mar 31, 2013

I have been hired by a local social club to transcribe documents for their archives. The original is 52 pages long, but with refomatting and all, i expect the document to be over 100 pages long. Can anybody give me an idea of what to charge? ...

I Have Spent The Entire Night Formatting Documents.
Apr 26, 2013

It really hurts the line count bad. So far, I have had a lot of documents that require quite a bit of formatting - H&Ps, consults and ER reports from several facilities with each having different requirements and everyone wanting the ROS and PE different. Also, lack of punctation is hurting a lot too. I can't wait until I get out of here. Just 8 more months and counting! ...

Is This Transcribed Right?
Dec 21, 2009

She’s had a T&A of tubal ligation. ...

ROS Transcribed
May 07, 2010

When transcribing review of systems are they capitalized? Cardiovascular, GI, GU, etc or cardiovascular, GI, GU etc. ...

Do I Have This Transcribed Correctly?
Feb 09, 2010

I transcribed D5.45 normal saline.  Is D5.45 correct, or how would you transcribe it? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If I Have This Transcribed Correctly
Feb 10, 2010

I am not familiar with the terminology and I want to make sure I have this transcribed correctly.  This is what I have, "CT of the head shows an old posterotemporal, intraparietal, and right occipital cerebrovascular accident."   Is this correct? ...

Is This Correctly Transcribed
Apr 17, 2010

Cholesterol profile:  Total cholesterol 182, LDL 120, HDL 82, triglycerides 75. ...

It's Been 100 Years Since I Transcribed ...
Oct 06, 2010

ob/gyn.  What's the correct way to transcribe G3 P2 012 ? ...

Several Hundred Cc's...would That Be Transcribed
Dec 01, 2010

several hundred cubic centimeters? ...

Have Transcribed 30 Yrs, Been Away From It 4 Yrs, Almost Done With MT School To Get RMT, How Can I F
Dec 08, 2010

I was a transcriptionist for 30 years. I have been away from it the last 4 years, except I am a full time online MT student at an approved school through AHDI. I'm due to graduate in July and get my RMT, then I want to get my CMT. I can't find a job transcribing! Does anyone have any suggestions? Everyone seems to want someone with "recent" experience. I haven't forgotten much after transcribing 30 years and I need a job! Help, please! ...

Missing Transcribed Reports
Nov 01, 2010

I'm missing any reports that were transcription.  I believe I have all my correction reports listed in statistics.  Has anyone else had this problem today?  My payscale is low enough, I don't need to be ripped off!! ...

QA'd A Report From An ILP-transcribed Hospital
Mar 31, 2011

A dictator fed up with a word being repeatedly typed incorrectly (and didn't even exist by the way) by the ILPs, after repeating what he wanted multiple times said:  I have now made this clear to the dumbest person under the sun.  Please type correctly.  Wow.  Guess what, stop letting ILPs type your reports, you may just get things right.  Too bad they are making us look bad.  ...

Transtech - Is It All VR Or Are There Some Transcribed Accounts?
May 10, 2011

This board has some TT posts, some good and some bad. My questions are: 1)  Is it all VR or are there some transcribed accounts? 2)  What do they pay; is it per line or per report (Radiology)? Thanks. ...

When Do You Proofread Your Transcribed Report?
Aug 05, 2011

Hi all, When do you proofread your transcribed report?  Do you wait until you are finished or do you proofread each section when finished?  And, do you ever get faster?  I'm afraid if I wait until I'm finished I will not remember things.  Also, do you re-listen to the dictation or not?  Thanks.  Many questions.    KB.  ...

I Forget. How Are Classes Transcribed? Sm
Jan 18, 2012

Class four heart disease. ...

Foreign-transcribed Records
Aug 17, 2014

A friend of mine who works in a medical office told me this afternoon that they've started getting records that are transcribed overseas. She said the records are done so badly that they can't use them, can't trust that the information in them is correct. When I told her my job may go away soon & be sent to India, she said "it can't!" She said these records are obviously done by people who don't speak English. What I don't understand is how work can still be off ...

Paycheck Less Even Though Transcribed More Lines Than Previous
Nov 10, 2009

It is beyond me how I made less on my pay check, but typed over 1500 more lines than last pay period.   ?  Anyone else notice that?  ...

Transcribed Work Search Question.
Mar 10, 2010

When searching for a dictator, I keep getting "No matches were found for the Client Facility details you entered." even when I tried putting in a dictator that dictates a lot.  Anyone else having that problem? ...

Pay By Transcribed Minute Vs Line Rate
Mar 24, 2010

Any comments on compensation by transcribed time (i.e.$1.25/minute) versus per line (i.e. $.09/65 character line with spaces)?  Any actual experience being paid by transcription minute?  Advantages/disadvantages?  Thanks. ...

Same Pay Rate For Edited & Transcribed Lines?
Jan 26, 2012

My employer has recently gone from straight transcription to VR (using MedQuist's DocQSpeech). At this point, after 4 months on VR, production is up 11% overall.  The employer says they believe it will go up 48% overall (60% for VR lines, no change of course for transcribed lines, 80% of lines VR). At this point, indeed, at least 80% of lines are VR.  (The quality of the VR output, however, is pretty bad.) We're union, and I'm one of the MTs participating in the wage ...

Transcribed As Dictated On Verbatim Account
Jan 27, 2015

The dictator clearly dictated a word with an apostrophy following it.  The word actually has an accent mark following the last letter, but he specifically dictated an apostrophy.  I got it marked as an error. I don't get it -- it was a verbatim account -- I did what he said - and now it's error.  Frustrated!!!! ...

Has Anyone Transcribed Oral Dental Surgery Reports And If So,
Oct 28, 2010

how difficult is this specialty to learn?  I consider ophthalmology very difficult.  Is it comparable to this?  Appreciate any and all comments. ...

Can Someone Please Explain The Legality In Only Paying For 88% Of Transcribed Lines?
Dec 14, 2014

How is Nuance able to legally justify paying only 88% of typed lines?  I am really curious if anyone has any indea how that can be done.  They are obviously trying to get transriptionists to leave in significant numbers.  There must be some motive we are not seeing.  This must be some attempt to get transcriptionists to leave in large quantities.  What other explanation could there possibly be? ...

What To Charge
Feb 27, 2010

What would you charge someone to listen to a file to help fill in blanks?  It is not an everyday thing and only a few files every once in a while.  This person wants to pay me for this and I have no idea what to charge. ...