A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

local hospital looking for Medical Scribe - CTMT

Posted: Oct 01, 2012

Anyone down what an MA certificate is. There is a local hospital looking for a Medical Scribe. It looks like there is where MT is heading. Any thoughts or comments? I am wondering if I should pursue this. I have a straight typing job now, but when it ends, as they all do, I want to still use my skills a job outside the home.

Medical Assistant possibly. Medical Scribes are - becoming big around here in the ER.

[ In Reply To ..]
You're basically following your doc around all day and entering the patient info on your hand-held/laptop. It's kind of funny to watch them chase after the docs in the ER here when they're going a mile a minute. Might be interesting and change of pace though.

Medical scribe - schnauzermom

[ In Reply To ..]
I have looked into this also. I agree this is where MT is headed. I hope to get trained before it gets big here as I live in a fairly rural area and start working in that capacity. Admittedly I will miss working at home, but I am getting beat down by not enough work and picky clients.

My cousin is scribe and loves it - Angie

[ In Reply To ..]
She graduated with me. I got a transcription job bc I had done it before. She didn't really want a transcription job and while her grandmother was in the hospital, she was talking "medical jargon" to the Doctors, Nurses, etc. and someone asked her if she would like to work as a Scribe. Fell into her lap and she loves it. She gets the charts ready and like the other post said, puts all data doctors say into computer, but she doesn't have to chase after them, she is not a speed typer by any means.lol. Good luck though!

Similar Messages:

Local Hospital Offer
Dec 28, 2011

In telling my woes to my mom about all the changes at the Web, she of course told others. So I received a call from my "local" hospital's transcription supervisor. They have just created two new positions they are looking to fill. The pay offered is 15.45 an hour plus 15% shift differential for anything after 2 pm. The insurance is awesome, significantly less than what I will be paying for a single policy and available after 30 days of employment. Paid time off of 21 days per year for ...

Scribe Classified Ad For Local ER
Oct 14, 2013

I was looking at local job listings and the hospital here posted ad for medical scribe for the ER physicians. Requirements were ability to stand for long periods of time, good hearing, good typing speeds and must carry laptop style computer up to 12 hour shifts. All this for $8.50 per hour. Ridiculous! Ad has been running for almost a month now. I sure am not applying for that! ...

Would You Choose Webmedx Production Versus Local Hospital Salary Of $17/hour
Aug 13, 2010

Which would be the best choice?  In the event that you had a great account at Webmedx on 3rd shift based on production rates, which would give you the most money?  Decisions, decisions!  Any comments? ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Hospital Medical Records Department
Nov 14, 2009

With HIPAA regulations tightening on who can get a carbon copy of a patient's medical record, MTs should NOT have the responsibility of sending any carbon copies at all.  All carbon copy requests for a patient's records should go directly to the hospital's medical records dept for a signed release verification from the patient for that copy to be sent.  Reports being sent from any outside provider without the proper signed release from the patient should be consider ...

I Just Saw An Ad For A Medical Scribe
Jun 25, 2010

I just saw an ad for a Medical Scribe.  The description is that the MT accompanies the doc from room to room to see patients, sits at the computer in the room and transcribes the H&P/procedure while doc is doing the exam.  Starting pay was $17/hr with full benefits.  Anybody ever heard of this?  I think it's a good idea, leaves the doc hands free to tend to the patient.  It sounds a little like being a court reporter as far as "live" dictation being done. ...

Becoming A Medical Scribe...
Jun 06, 2014

Has anyone considered becoming a medical scribe, currently a medical scribe or know of someone who is?  Pay scale?  I'm thinking of turning my career in that direction and gathering as much information as I can.  Thanks!   ...

Medical Scribe
Mar 12, 2015

Hi everyone - I am a long term lurker on this site. I have been a transcriptionist for 24 years, working as an independent MTSO, inhouse acute care, working at home for acute care, and also for several online companies. I was burned out and gave up transcription to become a personal care attendant, which I loved, but it cut my pay in half. I then got hired as a medical scribe for a cardiology group and I just wanted to tell you how invigorated I have become and now in love I am with this positio ...

Medical Scribe Job Openings
Apr 23, 2011

I have been seeing more and more job openings for Medical Scribes.  They are even showing up as part of other job descriptions.  The ads that are strictly for a Medical Scribe state no prior experience needed and sometimes only a high school diploma as their only requirement – no Medical Transcription education or experience.  Pay $10 an hour.  Anyone else noticing this?   One of many ads I am seeing:  …full time Registered Nurse for an office/c ...

Anyone Looked Into Being A Medical Scribe?
Dec 04, 2014

Just a thought, has anyone looked into being a medical scribe?  I am not sure what the difference is compared to what we do as MTs.  Do any of you?  There seems to be more of a need for them out in the real world.  ...

Medical Scribe Responsibilities
Mar 15, 2015

Just saw an ad in my rural area for a scribe, M-F, 7-5.  Isn't that 50 hours a week?  I've been wondering what the responsibilities of a scribe would be, though this could certainly vary depending on the practice and its location.  This practice is paying $8/hour.  How on earth would a scribe write/type fast enough to keep up with real-time conversations between doc and patient, and get everything in the record before being rushed into the next patient visit?  At least MTs hav ...

Was Looking At Medical Scribe Position Last Night
May 23, 2012

Has this been discussed?  This looks like something we could do. ...

Medical Scribe - New Transition From Transcription
May 14, 2013

Seems to be the new transition from transcription. ...

Medical Scribe Position Advertised In Dallas Area
Oct 31, 2011

Saw these ads posted in a Dallas paper: Ad #1 Medical Scribe Position We are a high volume podiatry practice in the Irving area. We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, good communication skills, and an ability to multitask. The scribe works to facilitate patient flow through the clinic and ensure an acurate and complete medical record for each patient. The scribe assists the medical provider by accompanying them during the medical history taking and exam, recording de ...

Does Anyone Work For A Hospital, But You Live Out Of State From That Hospital?
Aug 13, 2010

Or how from that hospital do you live? ...

Changing To Canada Hospital From US Hospital Transcription
Jul 20, 2012

I have taken a new job to transcribe for a hospital in Canada.  What are the differences?  Can you post (or email me) links for websites that you use for references - looking up doctors, meds, etc.  Is the spelling different? ...

Anyone Pursuing Finding Work As A "medical Scribe"?
Jun 24, 2012

I've seen reference to this career path from time to time here....wondering if there's anything new to add?   I have a friend who recently went to work as an MT for a doctor's office.  She's typing the minor emergency room notes or same-day surgery notes or something like that.  Their PCPs do their own EHR, but she said the doctors really dislike having to do it, and it reduces the number of patients they can see each day.   As the EHR is implemented mor ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Local Taxes
Feb 24, 2011

Did I miss something?  I noticed on my paystubs that Medquist/Ultipro is now taking off my local taxes.  Did we get an email about this?  I always had to estimate my local taxes before. ...

Local Anesthesia
Jan 24, 2012

Hi this is a mini op to remove mass on the left hand. He says Anesthesia: Dr. *** "s/l acinic" local with digital block. ...

Anesthesia - MAC With Local...?
Oct 05, 2012

Operative report for removal of a foreign body (wood) in the right ring finger. Anesthesia sentence is very unclear--dictator with an accent mumbling! "ANESTHESIA:  MAC with local [s/l vessel] with metacarpal block [s/l oxygen dioxygen]." Makes no sense. Block also slurrs into the following word which s/l oxygen. ...

Local Texans... Job.
Mar 27, 2013

Saw this ad on FlexJobs and am sharing with those that live in the area... Medical Transcription Clerk III  Agency: Dept of State Health Services  Part Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Location: 4615 ALAMEDA AVE City: EL PASO Contact: AccessHR Service Center Telephone: 888-894-4747 Salary Range: $940.88 - $1,364.25 Salary Group: A09 Shift: Days (First) Travel: 5% ...

Med Coding Local Chapters
Oct 11, 2011

Can anyone tell me where to go to find local chapters for medical coders/billers?  I want to attend a Chamber of Commerce meeting and/or ask one of the med coder chapter members what the prospects are for someone like me :  25+ years MT, completed Andrews course, got certified and need a job w/o experience.  (I am still an MT, but seriously want to get out and move forward with medical coding).  I don't want to put all my efforts and hard-earned $$ into something that wo ...

Local Area Switching To VR
Mar 13, 2012

I have always worked for local hospitals and doctor's offices.  I have never worked through a company, but with most of our local area switching to VR I am having to look to companies for work.  In our local area our transcriptionists usually are paid about 12 cents per line,  but I am noticing most companies pay is substantially lower as i saw an ad for Sten Tel paying only 5-6 cpl.   Could anyone tell me what the norm is for pay with companies?  Thanks for all help. ...

Anyone Local To Valhalla, NY? Med Sec Job At WMC Via Monster.
Jun 09, 2013

. ...

Just Quit A Local Company...
Jun 28, 2013

Quit my job today... I'm not going to say the name of this company but from the info I'm about to give you, you probably will guess it if you have had any experience with them. They watch you like a hawk. You are always feeling like they are watching you very closely - I mean everything you do. Lord help you if you download a very large straight typing report that is more than 30 minutes long and you take a break, you will be called out on it in a nasty email stating your starting time ...

HELP! Getting Inquiries From Local MDs But I Have No Idea How To Respond.
Dec 09, 2009

Yes, I know we get lots of these questions every day but here's one I don't think has been touched on lately.  I was recently approached by an old employer about giving my information to another MD for transcription work. I told her that she can definitely give out my info if she new someone that needed transcription work done.  I didn't really think it would go anywhere, as that's the way it happens in this town, nothing ever comes to fruition. However, today I g ...

Just Spent An Hour Looking At Local Classified Ads.
Jul 31, 2010

I am such a good transcriptionist, but so very unqualified for anything else.  Even cashiers need "previous experience."  There was a housekeeping job at a local hospital and a "valet parking attendant."  Surely I can clean and park? ...

CONTACT LOCAL NEWSPAPERS ABOUT LAYOFFS!
Sep 03, 2010

If anyone is in the Atlanta, Georgia area or in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area who was laid off 2 days ago by Webmedx and is obviously still upset about it, as I am, I think it would be a good idea to notify any local newspapers in these 2 cities regarding the recent massive layoff at Webmedx, Inc. I believe the Atlanta office is their headquarters and the Pittsburgh office is their operations office.  I know they also have an office in Brentwood, Tennessee, but I'm ...

Question About Working For Local Physician - (sm)
May 31, 2011

I just have a question for anyone who works for a local physician.  I work FT for an MTSO.  A local doctor asked me last year if I would transcribe for him while his MT was on vacation.  I said yes and I go there next week to train.  My problem is, I don't know what to charge him.  His assistant mentioned it to me on the phone and i said I would tell her when I come to the office next week.  Does anyone who transcribes for a local doc get paid by the hour?  ...