A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I just saw an ad for a Medical Scribe - mtlongtime

Posted: Jun 25, 2010

I just saw an ad for a Medical Scribe.  The description is that the MT accompanies the doc from room to room to see patients, sits at the computer in the room and transcribes the H&P/procedure while doc is doing the exam.  Starting pay was $17/hr with full benefits.  Anybody ever heard of this?  I think it's a good idea, leaves the doc hands free to tend to the patient.  It sounds a little like being a court reporter as far as "live" dictation being done.

Yes..they have that position where (sm) - OTE

[ In Reply To ..]
I live. Doesn't pay as much (I live in South Carolina). You wear scrubs like the rest of the medical office staff and the computer here is a mini laptop.

That sounds great... - Jaerae

[ In Reply To ..]
Here they were looking into Scribes for the ED, and they wanted to offer a starting pay of $10/hr. They were targeting medical students and nursing students. That pay is excellent!

Yes, I applied - recently in my town

[ In Reply To ..]
Frankly, I was shocked that such a job existed, but after researching on line, discovered these companies have been around since mid 90s. On one of the job search sites, when I search for "medical scribe," the same cities come up again and again. How I found out about the program at the hospital in my town was because I was looking through every available job in town, so physician positions were coming up, and the description for the emergency room doc said something like "24 hour a day Medical Scribe support." Like I said, I was shocked. I called the ER, they confirmed such a program existed, and head scribe asked me to submit my resume, although the recruiting time period had passed. He said there might be openings in fall or next spring. From the articles I had read, I realized they usually target pre-med students and nursing students because it is a great learning opportunity for them. I am a nursing student. I asked the head scribe where he has advertised because I never saw it. He said the university, but I bet they just advertised in pre-med (or he just told his friends in pre-med), because there were no announcements and no signs around the nursing school. It does sound interesting, and they do seem to pay that well. Good luck.

P.S. - yes I applied

[ In Reply To ..]
I also found an article on the ADHI website that I thought was a put down about MTs wanting these medical scribe jobs. The tone of the article was derogatory towards MTs. If I can find it, I will post a link. It didn't make me happy, when I read the article. See post about speech recognition on main board today. Article is from NYT.

Medical Scribe - mtlongtime

[ In Reply To ..]
I just went back and looked at the ad again. They are definitely requesting an MT with experience in ENT or a pre-med student.

I'm not interested because it would involve driving into the city every day, but I had never even heard of a medical scribe and wondered if anyone else had. It's another option to keep in mind.

Its pretty much how they did it back in the 50s, only - then the MTs took it in shorthand. (nm)

[ In Reply To ..]
n/m

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Becoming A Medical Scribe...
Jun 06, 2014

Has anyone considered becoming a medical scribe, currently a medical scribe or know of someone who is?  Pay scale?  I'm thinking of turning my career in that direction and gathering as much information as I can.  Thanks!   ...

Medical Scribe
Mar 12, 2015

Hi everyone - I am a long term lurker on this site. I have been a transcriptionist for 24 years, working as an independent MTSO, inhouse acute care, working at home for acute care, and also for several online companies. I was burned out and gave up transcription to become a personal care attendant, which I loved, but it cut my pay in half. I then got hired as a medical scribe for a cardiology group and I just wanted to tell you how invigorated I have become and now in love I am with this positio ...

Medical Scribe Job Openings
Apr 23, 2011

I have been seeing more and more job openings for Medical Scribes.  They are even showing up as part of other job descriptions.  The ads that are strictly for a Medical Scribe state no prior experience needed and sometimes only a high school diploma as their only requirement – no Medical Transcription education or experience.  Pay $10 an hour.  Anyone else noticing this?   One of many ads I am seeing:  …full time Registered Nurse for an office/c ...

Anyone Looked Into Being A Medical Scribe?
Dec 04, 2014

Just a thought, has anyone looked into being a medical scribe?  I am not sure what the difference is compared to what we do as MTs.  Do any of you?  There seems to be more of a need for them out in the real world.  ...

Medical Scribe Responsibilities
Mar 15, 2015

Just saw an ad in my rural area for a scribe, M-F, 7-5.  Isn't that 50 hours a week?  I've been wondering what the responsibilities of a scribe would be, though this could certainly vary depending on the practice and its location.  This practice is paying $8/hour.  How on earth would a scribe write/type fast enough to keep up with real-time conversations between doc and patient, and get everything in the record before being rushed into the next patient visit?  At least MTs hav ...

Was Looking At Medical Scribe Position Last Night
May 23, 2012

Has this been discussed?  This looks like something we could do. ...

Local Hospital Looking For Medical Scribe
Oct 01, 2012

Anyone down what an MA certificate is. There is a local hospital looking for a Medical Scribe. It looks like there is where MT is heading. Any thoughts or comments? I am wondering if I should pursue this. I have a straight typing job now, but when it ends, as they all do, I want to still use my skills a job outside the home. ...

Medical Scribe - New Transition From Transcription
May 14, 2013

Seems to be the new transition from transcription. ...

Medical Scribe Position Advertised In Dallas Area
Oct 31, 2011

Saw these ads posted in a Dallas paper: Ad #1 Medical Scribe Position We are a high volume podiatry practice in the Irving area. We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, good communication skills, and an ability to multitask. The scribe works to facilitate patient flow through the clinic and ensure an acurate and complete medical record for each patient. The scribe assists the medical provider by accompanying them during the medical history taking and exam, recording de ...

Anyone Pursuing Finding Work As A "medical Scribe"?
Jun 24, 2012

I've seen reference to this career path from time to time here....wondering if there's anything new to add?   I have a friend who recently went to work as an MT for a doctor's office.  She's typing the minor emergency room notes or same-day surgery notes or something like that.  Their PCPs do their own EHR, but she said the doctors really dislike having to do it, and it reduces the number of patients they can see each day.   As the EHR is implemented mor ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

From Medical Transcriptionist To Medical Coordinator
May 19, 2011

Where can I get information about transitioning from a medical transcriptionist to a medical coordinator? ...

Help - A Non-medical Word In A Medical Report
Jan 25, 2013

It's on a wrist injury.  The word sounds like (it's slurred), but has the sound of - "inishits" The sentence is He has instability of the distal radial ulnar joint.  He had an MRI, which did reveal tear of the TFCC, which _____ with his clinical picture. Anywone have any guesses as to what that might be?  I'm just at a loss. Thanks,   ...

Anybody Know Anything About U-scribe?
May 18, 2010

nm ...

MED-SCRIBE JAX
Jun 17, 2011

Anyone have any idea what is going on at Med-Scribe JAX? No work. Cutting pay. Talking letting people go to badger you to "jump on" after your shift. Are all companies having problems. ...

Med-Scribe N.J
Jun 05, 2011

Anyone have any current information on this company they can share?  Thanks! ...

Med-Scribe Five Cpl
Jan 04, 2013

They advertised for IC at 5 cpl.  Seriously?   ...

Med-Scribe
Aug 07, 2014

Does anyone work for Med-Scribe? Our hospital is outsourcing to Med-Scribe for transcription and editing. What should I expect to be paid per line? I have 9 years experience after an associates degree, RHIT.  ...

Med-Scribe Rad Pay
Oct 14, 2014

Does anyone know the pay for radiology?  If not, what do they pay for other accounts?  Is ChartNet fast, friendly? ...

Express Scribe Help Again
Oct 16, 2009

Does anyone know how to get the auto back up to work on the foot pedal settings for Express Scribe?  Thanks in advance! ...

Anyone Has Information On Med-scribe?
Mar 30, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has information on Med-scribe? Saw some job postings and was wondering about them!! ...

Med-Scribe Transcription
Apr 02, 2010

Those who have worked for Med-Scribe any info about the company good or bad??? Just wondering as I saw they were hiring. ...

Med-Scribe In Florida
May 19, 2010

I'm looking to change jobs & saw an ad for Med-Scribe in Naples, Florida.  Ads, as you know, can sound really good, but they don't tell the true story.  Would like to know about the good & bad aspect that MTs working for Med-Scribe have had & are having.   I work for another transcription company &, right now, they're not treating their employees too good, & haven't for quite some time.   Thank you. ...

Help With Express Scribe Please
Jul 14, 2010

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall Express Scribe.   Everything seems okay except I cannot set up the back step correctly.   Does anyone have any advice?    As always, thanks! ...

Has Anyone Else Taken The Med-scribe Test
Dec 11, 2010

Has anyone else taken the med-scribe test and found it ridiculously difficult? ...

Med-scribe Bad Or Good Or Whatever?
Dec 17, 2010

I have tested with this company many times. My last test I was almost certain I had everyone of the questions correct. Then I got an email saying I did not pass. That I had 35 out of 50. I do not believe this. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this company? or bad or good or whatever?     ...

Question About Scribe
Jan 20, 2011

I just got a new computer, and have set up Scribe and everything else to start using it.  On my old computer, the page filled up the entire screen and the text was larger and easier to read.  On my new computer, the page is centered in the screen and is much smaller than on my old one.  When I try to zoom to 125% or higher, the demographics and other things get larger but the page stays the same size.  I'm not sure what to try to get this the way it was on my old compute ...

Help With Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

Can anyone help me figure out how to get my practice dictations loaded on Express Scribe from Windows Media Player ? ...