A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical Scribe Position Advertised in Dallas area - our jobs are disappearing to EMR

Posted: Oct 31, 2011

Saw these ads posted in a Dallas paper:

Ad #1

Medical Scribe Position

We are a high volume podiatry practice in the Irving area. We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, good communication skills, and an ability to multitask. The scribe works to facilitate patient flow through the clinic and ensure an acurate and complete medical record for each patient. The scribe assists the medical provider by accompanying them during the medical history taking and exam, recording details both into the medical record, and EMR system. The scribe may also be asked to assist in some back office duties which are listed below.

Must have a positive attitude, excellent clinical & computer skills & must type at least 45 wpm  Bilingual a plus!  This is a full time position.  Responsibilities include but are not limited to: rooming patients & taking histories, clinical & surgical assisting, surgical set-up, prepping specimens for pathology, stocking & maintaining exam rooms, patient pre & post operative counseling and education, and triage patients calls.

Ad #2

Part time EMR scanning

Our office has switched to electronic medical records. We need someone to organize and scan the current paper charts into the system.   This is an entry level job that does not require experience, HOWEVER, if you do a great job there certainly is the possibility of a full time job and advancement.

Pay is hourly $8-$10 , with an expected 18 to 32 hours a week. A good first job for a new Medical Assistant.

This is great way to get experience in the medical field with some flexibility in hours.

I don't see this as taking our jobs... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Job number one is actually no different than hiring an in-house transcriber. If they are that busy, I wouldn't think one scribe would be enough :)

Job number two doesn't take away anything at all. They are just copying papers, not typing them. Someone is going to have to type the reports into the EMR when this is all done. Maybe that part is the "advancement?"

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else In The Dallas Area?
Oct 14, 2009

I've not met many MT's in this area. ...

Was Looking At Medical Scribe Position Last Night
May 23, 2012

Has this been discussed?  This looks like something we could do. ...

Scribe Position
Jul 05, 2014

I have been looking and applying to MT jobs, but more and more I am seeing scribe positions. I interviewed for one, but did not hear back.   Are any of you MTs now working as a scribe, and if so do you like it? ...

Question Regarding A Possible Scribe Position
Apr 28, 2010

Okay...I have been researching different career paths, as we all know this industry is going down the tubes!  I have gone to different schools to ask questions and I have applied to different jobs that I thought I might be interested in.  Well, my resume must be out there or something because yesterday out of the blue a placement company called me regarding a temp transcription position which I turned down.  Well, again today I got a call from a recruiting agency (they left a mes ...

What About This Inscribe Remote Scribe Position?
Jul 09, 2013

It says they will train you to be a remote scribe.  Has anyone checked it out? The pay doesn't look so great, but maybe a way to get out of MT? ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Medical INK QA Position
Dec 12, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company.  They pay per report for QA.  Does the pay seem comparable to the going line rate?  TYIA. ...

Medical Transcription Position
Apr 27, 2010

Hi, my name is Cindy and I live in Christiana, TN and will soon be a graduate of Penn Foster Medical Transcription online Course.  I received a job opportunity from TransAm Medical Transcribers and I was wondering if anyone has heard about this company and about how much should it cost to download specific downloads from companies.  Thanks to anyone that may help me. ...

Cypress Medical - Did Anyone Accept A Position?
Jul 25, 2012

Did anyone accept a position with the above after doing the 49-page file review and summarization.  I had a call from the gentleman last night but not at a good time, so he will call back this evening.  Curious as to whether or not their actual files are as disorganized as the test file.  If anyone accepted a position, can you share how it is going.  Thanks. ...

Remote Medical Coder Position
Nov 12, 2013

I noticed that Precyse Solutions has a job posting for a remote medical coder. Does anyone know what they pay? ...

Cypress Medical Offered A Position
May 07, 2014

I applied to their ad, took the test and was offered a position. Would like feedback from anyone who works there, or worked there. Did you like it? Were you honestly able to make a living doing this type of work? Pay offered seemed low for the amount of time it took me to summarize the sample they sent me for the test. Any information you can supply is greatly appreciated. ...

I Just Saw An Ad For A Medical Scribe
Jun 25, 2010

I just saw an ad for a Medical Scribe.  The description is that the MT accompanies the doc from room to room to see patients, sits at the computer in the room and transcribes the H&P/procedure while doc is doing the exam.  Starting pay was $17/hr with full benefits.  Anybody ever heard of this?  I think it's a good idea, leaves the doc hands free to tend to the patient.  It sounds a little like being a court reporter as far as "live" dictation being done. ...

Becoming A Medical Scribe...
Jun 06, 2014

Has anyone considered becoming a medical scribe, currently a medical scribe or know of someone who is?  Pay scale?  I'm thinking of turning my career in that direction and gathering as much information as I can.  Thanks!   ...

Medical Scribe
Mar 12, 2015

Hi everyone - I am a long term lurker on this site. I have been a transcriptionist for 24 years, working as an independent MTSO, inhouse acute care, working at home for acute care, and also for several online companies. I was burned out and gave up transcription to become a personal care attendant, which I loved, but it cut my pay in half. I then got hired as a medical scribe for a cardiology group and I just wanted to tell you how invigorated I have become and now in love I am with this positio ...

Medical Scribe Job Openings
Apr 23, 2011

I have been seeing more and more job openings for Medical Scribes.  They are even showing up as part of other job descriptions.  The ads that are strictly for a Medical Scribe state no prior experience needed and sometimes only a high school diploma as their only requirement – no Medical Transcription education or experience.  Pay $10 an hour.  Anyone else noticing this?   One of many ads I am seeing:  …full time Registered Nurse for an office/c ...

Anyone Looked Into Being A Medical Scribe?
Dec 04, 2014

Just a thought, has anyone looked into being a medical scribe?  I am not sure what the difference is compared to what we do as MTs.  Do any of you?  There seems to be more of a need for them out in the real world.  ...

Medical Scribe Responsibilities
Mar 15, 2015

Just saw an ad in my rural area for a scribe, M-F, 7-5.  Isn't that 50 hours a week?  I've been wondering what the responsibilities of a scribe would be, though this could certainly vary depending on the practice and its location.  This practice is paying $8/hour.  How on earth would a scribe write/type fast enough to keep up with real-time conversations between doc and patient, and get everything in the record before being rushed into the next patient visit?  At least MTs hav ...

Local Hospital Looking For Medical Scribe
Oct 01, 2012

Anyone down what an MA certificate is. There is a local hospital looking for a Medical Scribe. It looks like there is where MT is heading. Any thoughts or comments? I am wondering if I should pursue this. I have a straight typing job now, but when it ends, as they all do, I want to still use my skills a job outside the home. ...

Medical Scribe - New Transition From Transcription
May 14, 2013

Seems to be the new transition from transcription. ...

Ischiococcygeal Area Or Ishial And Coccyx Area?
Dec 21, 2014

QA picked this up.  I had ischiococcygeal area which I could find listed as one word on google, but I could not find it listed by search criteria which I separated the 2 words.  I can find ischial and coccyx, but not together as the dictator is stating.  The only thing that makes me wonder iif QA is right is the context before the words.  He stated he has 2 ulcers at the ischiococcygeal area.  It seems like in this case it would be ischial and coccyx, but I cannot docume ...

EScribe Solutions In Dallas/Fort Worth
Feb 23, 2015

Anyone heard of or work for eScribe Solutions in TX?...found an ad want to know if it is worth applying for.  They do both Medical and Legal transcription.  Pros or cons would be much appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Transcend U Of Tx Dallas, Tough Account? Lots Of Work?
Dec 08, 2009

Don't want to bite off more than I can chew ...

WOW 77.5 Cpl Advertised On Another Site
Oct 01, 2012

Wouldn't THAT be nice...   little typo in their posting !! ...

More Positions Advertised?
May 06, 2015

Does it seem more jobs are being put up on the Job Seeker's board lately?  There are 9 new ads so far this week.  I wonder if there are many rejecting VR, returning to MT.  More straight transcription jobs than editing.  ...

MDinTouch Advertised That They Are Hiring
Feb 23, 2010

MDinTouch advertised that they are hiring, but their site is just for software!  I don't get it.  Anyone know anything about this company? ...

Where Are Most Coding Jobs Advertised?
Sep 12, 2012

nm ...

Seeing The MT Training Courses Advertised All Over Again
May 29, 2013

Really rots they would take advantage of people's desire to stay at home and make a living. Flexible schedule, what's that? Availability of work, what's that? Decent salary, what's that? Wonder what the courses cost now? ...

Does Anyone Know The Pay For The Advertised Auditing Jobs?
Dec 08, 2014

Just wondering if it's worth the transition in this company or if I should get away from Scruance entirely. (I love that word. Thank you to the original author.) To me, the fact that they are advertising for MANY auditors is extremely telling. I don't buy the 1% to 2% of a day's reports being audited. I think it will be much higher than that in order to SCREW us even more. ...

Anyone Pursuing Finding Work As A "medical Scribe"?
Jun 24, 2012

I've seen reference to this career path from time to time here....wondering if there's anything new to add?   I have a friend who recently went to work as an MT for a doctor's office.  She's typing the minor emergency room notes or same-day surgery notes or something like that.  Their PCPs do their own EHR, but she said the doctors really dislike having to do it, and it reduces the number of patients they can see each day.   As the EHR is implemented mor ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...